(just for fun) create you own Laguz Tribe or calasses for Existing Tribes

so the Tittle is self-explanatory so here are my ideias:

Marine tribe: sea fishes Laguz, Anphibus (can live both in land and sea, live in the couast of the continent) and similar to the wolves, are unwere of the "taboo" of the branded

Swordfish Laguz: Lion equivalent: Ruling Class for the Marine tribe (more of Lightning Bruisers instend of Mighty Glaicer)

Sharks: Tiger equivalents, Silent but very pragmatic, Blood knights like tendencies

Mantas: the White dragons equivalents (deal magic damege, but their attacks are not ranged)

also, the new classes for the existing Tribes:

Beast: Foxes: live by the side of the Wolves in Hatari, White dragon equivalent,

Bird: Seprrow: Peragus Rider equvalent: fast, a bit physicaly frail, but high Resistance, arveage Strangth)

Dragon: Blue Dragons: Glass Cannon Dragon Physical attack

sorry for any typo, I'm not a English Native speaker

Edited by darkblade2814

Predictably mentioning centaurs : Just any kind of mounted units, and even maybe becoming flying units.

Lamias : Staff and dark magic users, with disregard to terrains, save for lava and water.

Oni(s) : Oni savage but demonized.

I put wolves in their own tribe called the dog tribe, with foxes and coyotes.

I like the marine idea! What do they look like in human form? Mermaids/mermen?

NEW TRIBE: THE BUGS

[The Butterflies] = Physically frail--more delicate even then herons--but possessing tremendous magical power and spell resistance. Appear as flying, fairy-like humanoids with butterfly wings and antennas in their unshifted forms. Use wind and healing and support magic in their laguz forms. 

Males and females of this species are both considered to be exceptionally beautiful, with beguiling charm that at time seems to border on the supernatural.  

[The Arachnids] = Most powerful and physically imposing of the bug tribe. Appear as large armored humanoids in their unshifted form, with exoskeletal features in the shape of boots and pauldrons and bladed elbow pads and gauntlets. Appear as large-horse to small-wyvern sized armored scorpions in their shifted forms, with unrivaled defense from their thick exoskeletons and tremendously powerful attacks from their massive tail and pincers. Not particularly fast, but their speed isn't terrible (and is substantially above average for creatures with this much armor and power).

As with the lions of the beast tribe, the strongest Arachnid is generally the strongest member of the tribe alive at any given time, and rules the bug tribe as "The Scorpion King." 

[The Mantis] = Appear as pale-green humanoids with antennas and exoskeletal scythe-blade protrusions sticking out of their wrists in their unshifted form. Appear as horse-sized mantises in their laguz forms; their entire lower forearms transformed into scythe blades with which they can attack at blinding speeds. Their scythe-blade arms have a brave weapon doubling effect and a 20% bonus chance to crit. Not as big or strong or tough as the arachnids. But much, MUCH faster; surpassing even the speed of the cats and ravens. 

[The Wasp] = Like the butterflies, they appear as flying fairy-like humanoids in their  unshifted form. But they have wasp wings instead of butterfly wings. Armored exoskeletal protrusions around their feet, wrists, elbows, knees, shoulders, and pelvis. And lack the soft delicate beauty of the butterfly--instead possessing a more rough, robust, and militaristic look. In their shifted form they engage in aerial combat and attack with their stingers. They're faster than hawks (but slower than ravens), and have physical defense almost on par with wyvern lords + res almost on par with falcoknights, making them quite difficult to take down. And while they're strength is below-average + their stingers have low weapon might--their hit rate is very high, and they inflict poison damage/debuffs/sleep/berserk status when they hit. They can also shoot their stingers to counterattack at range, so simply targeting them with bows and tomes won't stop them from stinging. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

10 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

[The Butterflies] = Physically frail--more delicate even then herons--but possessing tremendous magical power and spell resistance. Appear as flying, fairy-like humanoids with butterfly wings and antennas in their unshifted forms. Use wind and healing and support magic in their laguz forms. 

Males and females of this species are both considered to be exceptionally beautiful, with beguiling charm that at time seems to border on the supernatural.  

[The Arachnids] = Most powerful and physically imposing of the bug tribe. Appear as large armored humanoids in their unshifted form, with exoskeletal features in the shape of boots and pauldrons and bladed elbow pads and gauntlets. Appear as large-horse to small-wyvern sized armored scorpions in their shifted forms, with unrivaled defense from their thick exoskeletons and tremendously powerful attacks from their massive tail and pincers. Not particularly fast, but their speed isn't terrible (and is substantially above average for creatures with this much armor and power).

As with the lions of the beast tribe, the strongest Arachnid is generally the strongest member of the tribe alive at any given time, and rules the bug tribe as "The Scorpion King." 

[The Mantis] = Appear as pale-green humanoids with antennas and exoskeletal scythe-blade protrusions sticking out of their wrists in their unshifted form. Appear as horse-sized mantises in their laguz forms; their entire lower forearms transformed into scythe blades with which they can attack at blinding speeds. Their scythe-blade arms have a brave weapon doubling effect and a 20% bonus chance to crit. Not as big or strong or tough as the arachnids. But much, MUCH faster; surpassing even the speed of the cats and ravens. 

[The Wasp] = Like the butterflies, they appear as flying fairy-like humanoids in their  unshifted form. But they have wasp wings instead of butterfly wings. Armored exoskeletal protrusions around thier feet, wrists, elbows, knees, shoulders, and pelvis. And lack the soft delicate beauty of the butterfly--instead possessing a more rough, robust, and militaristic look. In their shifted form they engage in aerial combat and attack with their stingers. They're faster than hawks (but slower than ravens), and have physical defense almost on par with wyvern lords + res almost on par with falcoknights, making them quite difficult to take down. And while they're strength is below-average + their stingers have low weapon might--their hit rate is very high, and they inflict poison damage/debuffs/sleep/berserk status when they hit. They can also shoot their stingers to counterattack at range, so simply targeting them with bows and tomes won't stop them from stinging. 

nice one

1 minute ago, darkblade2814 said:

nice one

Nice thread.

It saddens me that the laguz got written out of the newer games. (even if in my own headcannon, the taguel and the kitsune, and the wolfskins are all divergent subspecies of the beast tribe)

Always nice to see them getting some love. Hope IS brings them back at some point. 

1 minute ago, Shoblongoo said:

Nice thread.

It saddens me that the laguz got written out of the newer games. (even if in my own headcannon, the taguel and the kitsune, and the wolfskins are all divergent subspecies of the beast tribe)

Always nice to see them getting some love. Hope IS brings them back at some point. 

or their descendents, like the theory that the manaketes are descendents of the Dragon laguz

For a race, I'd like to see porcupines appear as defense-focused shapeshifter units and because I really want to see quill beards and an excuse for spiky hair.

I'd also like to see raccoons, but admittedly that's because their human forms would look epic and creative, as I'm not too certain what exactly they'd do when transformed. Then again, they did manage to make rabbits threatening, so I'm not too worried about them coming up with ideas.

They're not necessarily a transforming unit, but I'd like to see Drakes appear, if only because Battle for Wesnoth got very creative with their classes (I'll link the unit sheet here. They're at the very top, so don't worry about looking for them); You have drakes that focus on dealing damage with their fire breath, ones that focus on blade damage while wielding Wolverine claws, a class line that forsakes their natural flight for armor and increased defense, and another that embraces their flying aspect, and act similarly to archers with their flame breath. I think all of these could translate well into a Fire Emblem game.

Some kind of Lamia (Snake) based tribe could be cool

I'd imagine story wise they'd mostly be portrayed as evil but there are definitely good apples. And they'd be able to partially transform their body like Corrin depending on the situation. In combat, I'd like them to have strong Atk and great Spd but with low Res, Des and luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I've already created four. :P

Blue Dragon - A female-only (as far as anyone knows) and very rare color of dragon. Their breath is water-like and uses the str stat, and they also have good skill and res. Average spd and def.

Fairy Dragon - A healer type dragon. Some of them can attack too, by which they use their butterfly-like wings to send a magic wind at their targets (I guess think something like Fairy Wind from Pokemon). They use the magic stat and are fast, but mostly frail. Good res though.

Fox - Cat equivalent of the canine laguz, except their weapon has a brave effect. They hit twice upon initiation. They're very fast too. Their str is rather average though, and their def is low. Res is decent.

Falcon - Wolf equivalent of the bird tribe in that their best stat is skill. Good str and average defenses and spd.

Edited by Anacybele

Laguz types, huh. Putting classification asides, I'd think up Ahuizotl Laguz. I could see these guys excelling in agility (Skill and Speed), with perhaps something like Defense being their weak stat. Or something. Also, no movements penalties on water-based tiles.

Going with this further, I was considering if they'd have the gimmick of being pragmatic when it comes to fighting. Like, Laguz forgoe using Beorc weapons for fighting as a pride/cultural thing, but even then, their shifted forms aren't really capable of using them anyway; save the dragons, as their claws and bing biped could still make them capable of holding them. While the ahuizotl have monkey/human like hands, they are still quadrupeds... except for the fact their tail ends in another hand. They could still hold stuff with that fifth hand without imparing movement, so why not go the extra mile and use Beorc weapons? Which is why I mention the pragmatic angle. Most laguz are pretty much 1-range locked (save for dragosn due to their breath), and from a realistic standpoint, it's best to keep your distance. So why go at it directly with claws or jaws if you can throw a javelin. Or a tomahawk. And that could be the only practical use, really, since the tail faces the wrong way from one's eyes for direct-contact weapons. Fighting with those would be impractical save to cover your 6 O'clock somewhat reliably. Though perhaps a shield would be better there.

I don't know, makes sense to me, but the whole point of Laguz is they're not Beorc or fight with their weapons. Still, if there were Laguz who did fought with those weapons, I could see these guys doing it, due to the hand-tail. Could be an interesting novelty if they did existed, who knows...

Oh yeah, while unshifted, they'd be like the beasts, keeping the ears and tail of their shifted forms. The extra hand could perhaps be more useful in that state, heh...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Bear Laguz: been sleepin' these last 1000 years in the northern reaches of Daein, probably gonna keep sleepin'

Snake Laguz: hanging out behind refridgerators across Goldoa, occasionally venturing out to sneak snacks and receive boops to the snoot from their Dragon friends

Penguins of the Bird Tribe: banished to another continent by the other birds for only having one joke, which was to pretend to offer someone a fish, regurgitating their food, and waddling away while cackling

• 2 weeks later...

the manaketes were there before the laguz as they were the ones who gave about like every hero in every game(except fe10 and fe11) 

but on an other note

I would like some sort of Swan Laguz or Duck Laguz they would have great hp, spd, skill, bad def, and god res and strength

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2018 at 6:09 AM, Jotari said:

I randomly put a giant scorpion Laguz in my Interactive Adventure for Serenes Scribbles a few years back (plug). That could be pretty cool.

I played a little bit of this. It was good. I might even try for all the endings.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:41 PM, Shoblongoo said:

Sucks that there haven't been any bird transforming units since FE10.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:27 PM, Shoblongoo said:

[The Wasp] = Like the butterflies, they appear as flying fairy-like humanoids in their  unshifted form. But they have wasp wings instead of butterfly wings. Armored exoskeletal protrusions around their feet, wrists, elbows, knees, shoulders, and pelvis. And lack the soft delicate beauty of the butterfly--instead possessing a more rough, robust, and militaristic look. In their shifted form they engage in aerial combat and attack with their stingers. They're faster than hawks (but slower than ravens), and have physical defense almost on par with wyvern lords + res almost on par with falcoknights, making them quite difficult to take down. And while they're strength is below-average + their stingers have low weapon might--their hit rate is very high, and they inflict poison damage/debuffs/sleep/berserk status when they hit. They can also shoot their stingers to counterattack at range, so simply targeting them with bows and tomes won't stop them from stinging. 

I hate bugs, but these are very cool ideas. I especially like the Wasp tribe (why I left it in), it feels a gameplay niche that I don't think the series has ever seen and bees/hornets/wasps are just a cool "theme" in my opinion.

What about various primate Laguz that imitate the different human classes? You know, Apes are fighters, monkeys are thieves, etc. They'd even use beorc equipment. The difference between them is that while their human forms are weaker than their beorc counterparts, their transformed forms are like the best fighters and thieves ever. They could even use superior agility to, uh...climb ledges, I guess.

I don't know what they'd do differently from extent classes, but boars and hyenas would be...beast tribe members, to be sure.

Beaver Laguz, talented engineers who have special skills involving removing forests from the battlefield. A terraforming class, able to build bridges and destructible walls.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Eagles yet. They could have some sort of divebomb attack, but I'm admittedly not sure how you'd make them mechanically different from Hawks. Since Ra of Egyptian mythology is a falcon though, maybe magic using Falcon Laguz? With Dark Fliers and Malig Knights the idea isn't so novel, but still kinda neat. You could also have Parrot Laguz that, like...I have no idea. They could be a Heron replacement that uses brilliant colors to inspire allies (as could peafowl), they could also be magic casters, they could be a flying version of Fates' Basara class...

Maybe some Pigeon Laguz. Special skill: Tumbling into enemies. There could be a subset of pigeons called doves, who cast light magic and are all very devout and all that. A hereditary priest class or whatever.

They should add Laguz who transform into plants. Useless plants, like flowers and things. Very pretty, but not really effective in combat.

They should add Laguz who transform into horses. Pair up with an ally to make them a mounted unit.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed