I Want to do a Lunatic+ Playlog

Lunatic+ Casual or Lunatic+ Classic Run?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Causal or Classic?

• Lunatic+ Causal
    • Lunatic+ Classic

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/18/2018 at 07:00 PM

I always wanted to do an Awakening playlog and this place in particular is fond of them so I'm hoping at least someone will take an interest in mine here. I wanna do a high man, no kids Lunatic+ run. 

Highman runs are fun, even more so if no kids are involved, especially on Lunatic or above. I love the no kids variant as you have to raise a bunch of losers weaklings from beginning to end, making sure all of them pull their weight. There is always the decent possibility someone will lag and will be left behind so you have to backtrack. There is the equal possibility that someone will hog exp if they become too strong. This also means no Lucina, so Grima is harder to take down if I don't raise my units well.

For the longest time, I avoided Lunatic+ because I didn't think I could do it. I found out recently I totally can. Counter is a nasty little bug, so my main way to deal with it is Nosferatu. I don't care, I'm not a good FE player. 

Couples I plan to use:

Chrom/Sushi (an avatar name some people chose)

Stahl/Cordelia

Gaius/Tharja 

Henry/Sumia 

I usually get Libra and Olivia married through the art of dance. I'll do my best to get Frederick and Lissa to marry each other as well.

My restrictions:

No DLC 

No barracks

No sparkly tiles

I love Anna shops too much to give them up. Her items aren't free and may kill my budget if I am not careful, the same applies to why I don't ban the Bonus Box sellers. Poor money management can kill even the best of runs.

I hope to begin this run by next week.

Edited by ChickenWings

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in. I've always loved playlogs, and I don't find those often enough. Good luck!

As for the poll, that depends on wether you'll do Ironman in Classic or not. If Ironman, I vote Classic, otherwise I vote Casual.

Edited by Funky Tim

10 minutes ago, Funky Tim said:

Count me in. I've always loved playlogs, and I don't find those often enough. Good luck!

As for the poll, that depends on wether you'll do Ironman in Classic or not. If Ironman, I vote Classic, otherwise I vote Casual.

What's ironman? I tried looking it up, but nothing helps...

Edited by ChickenWings

Ironman is playing without resetting. If a character dies, they die. If you get a Game Over because Chrom or MyUnit dies, your run is over. I'm not sure if that's even possible for Lunatic + though.

5 minutes ago, Funky Tim said:

Ironman is playing without resetting. If a character dies, they die. If you get a Game Over because Chrom or MyUnit dies, your run is over. I'm not sure if that's even possible for Lunatic + though.

No. Only Kuroi is masochistic enough to do that. It's only my second Lunatic+ run after all.

CREATING CHOCOLATE

I wanted to name her Sushi, but I already have a file of her in my Lunatic classic file, so instead, she'll be Chocolate. Her build is 1, hair is 3 (ponytail) and her hair color is 5 (brown). Birthday is 02/14 and she has +SPD, -SKL. 

...So I'm a Grimleal who helped the perfect Grima vessel. Crud. 

PREMONITION

Premonition: This has a really cool video, even if nothing like this happens in the game. Chrom, you're supposed to have HP cut down or something!

Too bad this part does nothing to prepare you for the trainwreck that is Lunatic+...

I never understood if the chapter was a dream or Robin getting future!Robin Grima memories.

ANYWAYS....

Goal: Get Premonition done. CHECK!

P.S. I like to go to the menu to rid of the grid, I think maps look cooler without it. 

Edited by ChickenWings

PROLOGUE:

Dontlookathisface, dontlookathisface, dontlookathisface!

AAAAAAHHH! I looked!

Chrom, of course Chocolate knows your name, your sister literally asked you to do something! 

As Chrom and Shepherds loosely retain a hobo, the action arrives in a scorching flame, and we can begin with unwavering resolve, or with baffling tomfoolery, the classic Lunatic+ run!

So like Kuroi, Interceptor, Czar, Tables, and many others help create a really reliable Prologue guide for both top and bottom waves. While the general water guide is still reliable for the top wave when there is no Luna+ and/or MAG +2 or crit RNG mage, their guide really helps Lissa get EXP. Even if she didn't get a single MAG levelup. 

The hardest part about this chapter now is making sure you know what stats to get. I reset the first few times due to bad level ups. Even in the one I finished the first few level ups didn't give Chocolate MAG, but the last ones did. This ended up allowing Chocolate to get more hits out of the mooks!

Characters, their nicknames, and their end stats:

HP/STR/MAG/SKL/SPD/LUK/DEF/RES

Chocolate: lvl 7.98

25/9/8/7/14/7/9/6

Always my husband Chrom: lvl 1

BASE

Lisa Simpson lvl 3.55

19/1/5/5/5/9/3/5

Freddybear! lvl 1.26 

BASE

Turns: 68(?)

Heroes: Chocolate and Frederick

Goals:

-Lissa be behind every killing shot when on the water. NOPE!

-Lissa gain 1 MAG. NOPE!

-Chocolate have 8 MAG or almost reaching C tomes. CHECK!

- Chocolate stats allow her to tank a hit from 23 MT Luna+ attack. 25HP/9 DEF. CHECK!

-Chocolate and Freddy have a Vunlnerary at the end. CHECK!

-Chocolate has at least 10 SPD. 14 SPD! CHECK!

P.S. Get used to these goals being written down! I have many on my mind, even after chapter 4!

Edited by ChickenWings
Because yes

Heh, this sounds like fun, hehe. I've never tried Lunatic +, and don't intend to to be quite honest, but it looks like you're having a blast, so keep it up. :) Also, don't worry about the goals, I actually like that. If anything, if I'm allowed to offer some criticism, I would have preferred had you typed out what you did more rather than just referred to a guide I, well, didn't read. I'd rather hear about your playthrough and strategy than read a guide. :)

CHAPTER 1: One of the Most Difficult Chapters 

Let's gather around the campfire and sing our favorite campfire song! Our C A M P F I R E S O N G song...

Where are all the animals, did they like, ran off?

Anyways, Sully amd Virion are here to lighten the mood, but this being Lunatic+, they don't exactly lighten things up. I mean, the map is on fire, it's hard to be brighter than that.

I always want to make chapter 2 easier to deal with, so I try to get Chrobin C support in my vanilla Lunatic runs. Unfortunately, it's hard to do so even with the guide as I want the enemies dead as soon as possible. At least two tries failed because I failed to apply weapon triangle when engaging a Luna+ enemy. I have a better idea how much damage a Luna+ enemy does now, so there's that. 

Here is the guide in question:

My goals for the chapter (to be able to use Interceptor's chapter 2 guide)

-Avatar achieve C support with Chrom. Actual Chrom/F!Avatar C support

https://youtu.be/50r816eFprM

CHECK!

-Avatar has 9 MAG with C tomes or 10 MAG. CHECK!

-Avatar has at least 11 SPD. CHECK!

-Avatar can tank a 25 Atk. CHECK!

Other goals I wanted to achieve:

-Freddy has the Elixir. CHECK!

-Avatar achieved C support with Freddy bear? CHECK!

-Avatar achieved C support with Lissa? NOPE!

-Lissa has 6 MAG? CHECK!

-Virion and Sully alive? CHECK!

I took pictures of Chocolate, Lisa Simpson, and Freddy Bear at the end of the chapter (everyone else is at base):

http://imgur.com/gallery/AKzDi5O

Turns: I forgot

Heroes: I keep forgetting

Resets: 10 

P.S. I made an imgr account so I can get lots of pictures here. I'll try to begin to take pictures of my progress and of the characters whose stats change. I hope I can put them up here...

11 hours ago, Funky Tim said:

Heh, this sounds like fun, hehe. I've never tried Lunatic +, and don't intend to to be quite honest, but it looks like you're having a blast, so keep it up. :) Also, don't worry about the goals, I actually like that. If anything, if I'm allowed to offer some criticism, I would have preferred had you typed out what you did more rather than just referred to a guide I, well, didn't read. I'd rather hear about your playthrough and strategy than read a guide. :)

I follow the picture guides to a T, so it is my strategy. I will put them up so you know what exactly I am following and why I want to reach certain goals in certain chapters. The good news is I start to stray from the guides beginning in chapter 3, where I begin to help Stahl and Sumia get off the ground. I'll also begin to use pictures to better show what and how am I doing.

CHAPTER 2: SHEPHERDS TO THE SIDE

Sumia does the flop and I still laugh. Why wasn't Kellam in this chapter?

Because it was infamously difficult to complete, everyone tried to find a way to reliably complete this chapter. Someone named Interceptor came up with a guide that is about 40% reliable that required few minimums, though with Chrom C supporting the Avatar, which makes it easier for them to double enemies and Chrom to attack more often. 

Here is the fabulous guide:

I followed the guide, although I let Stahl kill the first mountain barbarian. I needed him to achieve D swords as soon as possible.  He only needs 3 swings though, so that's what happened.

Everyone is stacked next to Chocolate to minimize Gamble BS! >:c

zHrDm7s.jpg

On the second top wave, two enemies creeped to Chocolate at one point, so I needed Stahl to help take care of them. 

Freddy gained a level, only 2 HP and DEF. Stahl did too, didn't gain HP, STR, SPD, but got everything else. I'll let this slide just once...

Supports achieved:

Chcolate/Miriel

Frederick/Virion

Sully/Stahl

They all got to C. The first two will be really helpful for chapter 3.

Level ups for chapter 2:

http://imgur.com/a/RGqR5PN

Goals:

-Stahl with D swords. CHECK!

-Freddy Bear gained STR, DEF, SPD. NOPE!

Turns: 49

Heroes: Chocolate and Miriel

P.S. Anyone know how I can show the actual pictures and not the url?

P.S.S. Nevermind! Yay!

Edited by ChickenWings

CHAPTER 3: Counter and Vantage+ Can Go Rot in Hell

I don't like the Chromia ship tease. I do like that the avatar disrupts them.

There is a chapter 3 guide for Lunatic+...... I didn't follow it because the left knight had Aegis+. Luckily, Chocolate was durable enough to take at least two hits. I put her at where the left soldier and closer archer can fight her. A crit got the archer and she weakened the soldier enough for Vaike to kill him in player phase. Freddy took the knight out (he had no Counter) and the Key archer was jumped on by everyone else. Left guarding door knight had Counter (almost all times I restarted he had it...) so I sent Stahl and his weakass lance rank to take a hit and do minimal damage. The bottom right mob was quickly defeated because Chocolate and her cool Fire..... Nah, their RES sucks. Pretty sure Chocolate was MAG screwed somewhat. Freddy was in danger for a time because Chocolate had trouble one rounding the enemies. :c

In my Lunatic runs, I used to send the avatar with Freddy to bait the top wave and then use Freddy to block the hallway. I no longer do that (you can't on Lunatic+ due to Pass) I now instead open the other door, engage with the other knight, THEN bait the top wave. Instead of putting Freddy to block, Chocolate and her ragtag team just go as far as they can. Unfortunately due to too much Counter AND Vantage+ on the enemies, I was unable to nab a level for Stahl or Sumia. Chocolate instead engaged with 1 or 2 enemies at a time, with Freddy close by in case I wanted a dangerous target dead.

Raimi had Counter and Luna+ and Chocolate had only 6 uses of Fire left...Blugh...

mUyki1T.jpg

Thankfully a crit saved the day. Thanks Solidarity!

The level ups:

http://imgur.com/gallery/YYN2Dek

Support: none

Goals: 

-Stahl and Kellam to C support. NOPE!

-Stahl to gain a decent level. NOPE!

-Sumia to gain a decent level. NOPE!

:c

Heroes: Chrom and Chocolate

Resets: 13

P.S. It's hard to take pictures as i want to concentrate on playing the game. I wished I done Casual so I can easily take pictures of my progress.

Edited by ChickenWings
Why not?

8 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Chapter 2 is notoriously difficult from what I have heard.

Very. Even moreso on Lunatic+. The only good thing about Lunatic+ chapter 2 is that there is no Counter to make it worse.

Edited by ChickenWings

2 hours ago, ChickenWings said:

Very. Even moreso on Lunatic+. The only good thing about Lunatic+ chapter 2 is that there is no Counter to make it worse.

Counter is the bane of all Awakening tacticians!

Chapter 4: A Fight That Reveals Chrom is Lucina's Dad

One of the easiest Lunatic+ chapters and....

Why can't Lucina keep any Lunatic+ skills she gets in this map?

A great break before resuming earlygame hell! The two times I reseted was because Stahl or Sumia got a bad level up. The fighter to the right had Counter, so I had Chocolate use her exactly average magic to weaken him before the kill. Freddy handled his Fighter with Stahl's and Sumia's help. Mages were taken care of through Orsin axe and Thunder The left knight had Counter so I needed Chocolate to Thunder fight both of them. Axe throwing Fighters were annoying and Freddy/Sumia did well in weakening Lucina.

BWhxu5C.jpg

This is how I began!

Supports: Freddy/Sumia C

Level ups that happened:

J7jc5PE.jpg

yiL5shI.jpg

rc8W56M.jpg

WvPTGgM.jpg

Sorry about the sideways images, I didn't know I could do it the other angle...

Turns: 7 

Heroes: Chrom and Chocolate 

Goals:

Stahl with a good level up (I wanted at least 4 of the 5 stuff listed: HP, STR, SPD, SKL, DEF). CHECK!

Sumia get a level up. NOPE!

P.S. Sorry about the slow responses. I'm studying for finals right now. 

Edited by ChickenWings

Paralogue 1: Donny and a Bunch of Axes.... Screw that archer!

Does anyone in supports ever call Donnel, "Donny"?

A great map to train any sword user, especially Lon'qu. I think this level was built for him. Too bad he isn't as good on Lunatic+. I instead want to try to train Stahl, but Counter and Hawkeye won't let me. :c

ANYWAYS.....

I put Stahl/Kellam to the edge of where the closest barb on the bottom can go. Chocolate/Chrom duo took care of the closest barb, while Freddy and Virion took care of the thief. Chocolate kills dumb archer that should have gone for Freddy. I then put Stahl in a tile where only one (w/o Counter) Barb can engage him in enemy phase, and he crits him so another one bothers him. Luckily, Stahl can take 2 hits. Chocolate deals with the next archer and barb easily. Player phase removes the last few barbs.

The next batch of enemies were easily dealt with because of a few killin' crits. Killer Lance thief is murdered, two pillar barbs are easily taken care of by Chocolate and Freddy, with Stahl getting a level up and Chocolate gaining lvl 20. I turned her into a Dark Mage for Nosferatu, increase of crits thanks to Hex/Anathema combo, and to be able to take on Luna+ a little easier. The left corner archer was hella annoying for Donny to kill because he had Pavise+. The last barb and archers were weakened and killed by Stahl or Sumia and the boss was weakened enough with the power of swords! for Sumia to kill him. 

How it was set up:

HDK3w05.jpg

The sadistic archer:

RwM5Ybw.jpg

The level ups:

7IvBnu4.jpg

ae2eYLS.jpg

7xnJwHg.jpg

BMzb6RY.jpg

MEHIaiB.jpg

Heroes: Chocolate and Chrom

Supports:

Stahl/Kellam C

Chrom/Chocolate A

Goals:

Chocolate reclassed?

WGOlk4M.jpg

Stahl and Kellam to C support? CHECK!

Stahl to at least D swords for wybm sword? CHECK!

Killer Lance get? KILLER LANCE GET!

P.S. Stahl had low speed, so he got a Speedwing.

Edited by ChickenWings
Why not?

Chapter 5: Wyverns ahoy!

So the plot begins because no one bothered to tell Maribelle what was going on. 

This is how I set up:

Z8PGEkh.jpg

In my Lunatic runs, I used to send Freddy upwards and Chrobin to the bottom bunch of enemies. Lunatic+ forced me to come up with a new strategy: send Chrom/Chocolate up to kill the barb or swordy, put Sumia/Freddy to the first hill to weaken (with Javelin) the bottom barb near the mountain. I realized giving Sumia a Robe allows her to take a hit from both the DM and Mage (provided they don't have Luna+). Stahl was put in the woods where only a barb could hit him. (Spoilers: barb was critted.)

With most of the top enemies weakened, I slowly brought Chocolate/Chrom to the bottom with the rest to help deal with the wyverns. 

Qt0NLPW.jpg

Screw you, lone swordy!

I just moved the squishes away from swordy and killed the wyverns, leaving him all alone to get jumped!

I put Chocolate/Chrom to fight the left two wyverns at the fort, and Freddy/Sumia and Stahl/Kellam on the right side of the map to handle the other two, but not too far right. 

KWocnIh.jpg

One of them had Counter, noes!

WqLhOW9.jpg

Stahl can almost kill them.... :c

EvPjYPD.jpg

Should have asked for your killer's name.... It IS CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

BlahEcd.jpg

I am beginning to see that I can put Sumia in safe places to help weaken enemies and also help her gain exp safely....

Turns: 20

Heroes: Chocolate and Chrom

(I totally forgot to take pics of the level ups...)

Goals:

-Stahl to D lances for Javelins. NOPE!

-Sumia to C lances for KILLER LANCE. NOPE!

-Only use one Rescue. CHECK!

-Keep Maribelle and Ricken alive. CHECK!

P.S. I'm no longer putting how many times I reseted because I lose track. I easily made it to at least 13 tries in this chapter, though...

I totally forgot to talk about something and that is:

WHAT ARE MY LONG TERM GOALS FOR MY CHARACTERS???

General benchmarks for Grima:

-Anyone attacking to achieve 55 Atk or more (it may actually be 53 ATK minimum). This is easier for those in the front as support bonuses rule. Since he has good STR growths, great Lance rank, and the Gungnir, Stahl has an easier time than Sumia and Gaius. Sumia can achieve it if she can get at least 34 MAG after tonics and rally if she holds Valflame. So Sumia just needs at least 28 MAG, not impossible, but probably hard. Gaius has a difficult time getting to this goal as there is no +5 STR sword I know of, meaning Gaius needs over 30 STR (before tonics and rally) to just dent Grima. I usually don't bother.

-Front hitters to achieve 50 or more SPD. Grima has 45 SPD. This is why Chrom, Stahl, Sumia, Gaius are supporters as all can provide +SPD as soon as they join.

Team Scrub benchmarks (for those on the team so far) :

Chocolate: 

-Always be ahead in stats against the enemies of that chapter. If she can one round enemies at this point, I'm good. She totally is.

-Get Gladforce as soon as possible. My low end is before chapter 17, high end is before chapter 19. Since I use a lot of combat characters, my avatar doesn't go Tact 20 -> DM10+ ->Sorc 15 to DF until at least after chapter 12, where there is conveniently an SS. Chapter 19 is a nightmare on Lunatic+, but becomes eaiser if there is at least a GF user.

Chrom:

- Stay in a class where he can use his Falchion.

-Pretty sure he should have 15 STR and at least 25 SKL to do accurate, minimal damage to Grima (after factoring in Charm, Hexthema, Solitary, everyone next to Chocolate).

-Damage as hard as possible. Cram gettin' them late Energy Drops and Secret Books if needed!

Lissa: 

-Get Rally MAG ASAP. Extra MAG always welcomed.

-Get Rally SPD ASAP, preferably before Henry joins. While it is always helpful, Henry has a much eaiser time getting going if he has Lissa rallying him with it.

Frederick:

-Keep Chocolate alive in early chapters.

-Try to S support Lissa. Without tiles, this is harder to do. I should make her Resuce Freddy here and there.

Stahl: 

-Maintain good STR and SKL.

- Get Defender as soon as possible. Paladin bonuses are sexy, Defender makes them sexier. 

Sumia: 

-Maintain good MAG. Easy in the maingame up until Grima as most enemies have garbage RES.

-Be a DF before chapter 13. DF bonuses are what Henry wants to be decent in his joining chapter.

-Get Gladforce ASAP. Low end is before chapter 20, high end is before chapter 23. I may get it on Sumia before then, but that's only if I show her some favoritism.... Maybe.... Yes, I can even get GF on Sumia in this Lunatic+ highman run.

Maribelle:

-Get Rally RES before chapter 17, where the magic users begin to be less restricted in their movement, are promoted, and ride horses.

- I could find her a husband, but most maps only allow up to 13 people, making it hard for Maribelle to find a husband. If only she could S support Lissa or Olivia...

Edited by ChickenWings

Chapter 6: One of the Few Defend maps

Finals were awful....

I knew "Marth" was a lady. I knew back in Smash Brawl, yo!

This is a hard map. Pass is an absolute pain here! I couldn't use my go-to Lunatic strategy as there aren't enough characters on one side to block off the Pass mooks. So I sent Chromlate to the left and recurit Gaius onthe second turn, then safely killing the left side. I put Freddy/Sumia and Stahl/Kellam on the right with Miriel. Stahl fought any Fighters, Freddy fought Cavs, with Sumia helping out against DMs.

LONG TERM GOAL FOR GAIUS: Marry Tharja ASAP, get to lvl 10 ASAP, get him SS'd to Myrmidom (because it actually gives him more STR). 

It is extremely unlikely he'll be able to even scratch Grima, even with the coolest swords. He'll only do damage if he gets Swordfaire, and that's too hard to get on him and takes needed exp from the front. I could attempt Tiki and Endgame paralogues to train him up. His bonuses are hella good though, they're exactly what Tharja wants!

awFmLav.jpg

Setting up!

VX7Y8Te.jpg

Sorry sweetie, you gonna get jumped by a bunch of mooks!

tUOchxW.jpg

I really should have had Lissa here instead of Miriel, she could take a hit and heal up.

DXY7gvU.jpg

See what I mean? Stahl wasted a Vunlnerary...

GQ2UInM.jpg

Goals for the chapter:

-Sumia to C Lances? CHECK!

-Stahl strong enough to take out Wyverns for chapter 7? NOPE!

-Evil magician in my Premonition dream dead? YEA!

-Chrom/Chocolate marriage?

DyhDE52.jpg

VKnYkFz.jpg

63l8iJN.jpg

Level ups:

HHTLRQK.jpg

BlQl5pM.jpg

BBp7iDH.jpg

Q9HLhdJ.jpg

ienuOPD.jpg

Vapwiqb.jpg

P.S. Pass can go drown in a shallow puddle!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...