Newbie Meet 'n Greet

Soleater

As a rule, Serenes Forest has it so that you can't start a topic until you have posted a certain number of times, outside of Far from the Forest.  However, for those who wanted to get to know everyone before they hit that quota, make some friends, or wanted to know the basics of the forums (not that I'm an expert, to be fair), here's the place to do it!

No need to keep it just to introductions though!  You can chat and hang out here as long as you want - no need to be shy!  Have it at it! ^^

MOD EDIT: I know you mean well, but the New Topic thing was yanked because some spammers abused it.  The last thing I want to deal with is another spamwave, but with the spam inside of existing topics.  That's why I tell people to PM me for the actual number.  Or, they can use the Search function, and see that I tell people to PM me.

If there are any questions regarding the rules/how to use this forum, feel free to send the mods a PM.  That's what they're there for!

Edited by eclipse
Because some people like loopholes

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much thanks for clarifying what is required to start a topic in the forums. I've asked around to no avail.  I've very much enjoyed Fire Emblem/Fire Emblem Sacred Stones which lead me to play the other games in the series. I think my favorite ones are still Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn due to its varied objective/maps/memorable character art styles. Well met and see you on the forums!

2 minutes ago, grinus said:

Much thanks for clarifying what is required to start a topic in the forums. I've asked around to no avail.  I've very much enjoyed Fire Emblem/Fire Emblem Sacred Stones which lead me to play the other games in the series. I think my favorite ones are still Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn due to its varied objective/maps/memorable character art styles. Well met and see you on the forums!

Nice to meet you too, and no problem!  The posting thing is something I had a lot of trouble with too truthfully o -o"  I honestly haven't played anything before Awakening (I want to, especially the GBA games x.x), but the Tellius games always looked pretty interesting; seemed pretty interesting to have actually gods in the lore instead of dragons being worshiped as gods.

I've been playing Tear Ring Saga lately and you may enjoy that as well. It has a pretty in-depth lore and actual gods. 

Well, I am a big fan of the whole "worshiping a thing that isn't really a god" thing, as that comes off as kind of...idk realistic?  I guess?  Idk, but as someone who's really into her Greek mythology, I still like your tried and true god here or there.

Tear Ring, is that really considered Fire Emblem though?

I guess you could consider it a spiritual successor to the FE series since it is created by Shouzou Kaga, the original creator.  The gameplay is similar but more varied. The animations and art direction is quite lovely. 

35 minutes ago, Soleater said:

Well, I am a big fan of the whole "worshiping a thing that isn't really a god" thing, as that comes off as kind of...idk realistic?  I guess?  Idk, but as someone who's really into her Greek mythology, I still like your tried and true god here or there.

Tear Ring, is that really considered Fire Emblem though?

Tearring Saga is a Fire Emblem in all but name, Anna even shows up.

Don't make that number public.  Sorting out legit posts from spam is a lot more irritating than nuking topics.

Anyway, with the inability to make topics off the bat, this thread should serve nicely.  I'll pin it.

5 hours ago, Soleater said:

As a rule, Serenes Forest has it so that you can't start a topic until you have posted a certain number of times, outside of Far from the Forest.  However, for those who wanted to get to know everyone before they hit that quota, make some friends, or wanted to know the basics of the forums (not that I'm an expert, to be fair), here's the place to do it!

No need to keep it just to introductions though!  You can chat and hang out here as long as you want - no need to be shy!  Have it at it! ^^

MOD EDIT: I know you mean well, but the New Topic thing was yanked because some spammers abused it.  The last thing I want to deal with is another spamwave, but with the spam inside of existing topics.  That's why I tell people to PM me for the actual number.  Or, they can use the Search function, and see that I tell people to PM me.

If there are any questions regarding the rules/how to use this forum, feel free to send the mods a PM.  That's what they're there for!

Oh great, you made the thread! Haha :D 

To all the new members, hello. I just started not too long ago myself. I hope you'll all enjoy your stay here. Chat away!

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Don't make that number public.  Sorting out legit posts from spam is a lot more irritating than nuking topics.

Anyway, with the inability to make topics off the bat, this thread should serve nicely.  I'll pin it.

Thanks for pinning this for us eclipse, keep up your hard work. :)

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

I didn't know the number was supposed to be private, I'm sorry.  I wasn't uh, trying to incur the wrath of spam bots back onto the forums ^^"

Thank you for pinning it though!

7 hours ago, grinus said:

I guess you could consider it a spiritual successor to the FE series since it is created by Shouzou Kaga, the original creator.  The gameplay is similar but more varied. The animations and art direction is quite lovely. 

7 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Tearring Saga is a Fire Emblem in all but name, Anna even shows up.

I heard it was something along those lines?  But wow even Anna showing up?  That sounds...dangerously risky with Nintendo tbh.

3 hours ago, NeoVerdin said:

Oh great, you made the thread! Haha :D 

To all the new members, hello. I just started not too long ago myself. I hope you'll all enjoy your stay here. Chat away!

Thanks for pinning this for us eclipse, keep up your hard work. :)

Eeeyup!  Thought it would be useful, at least ^^"

45 minutes ago, Soleater said:

I heard it was something along those lines?  But wow even Anna showing up?  That sounds...dangerously risky with Nintendo tbh.

@Soleater Nintendo sued Kaga's company twice and lost. The third time, they won and I'm pretty sure this is why the relationship between Nintendo and Kaga was soured.  Also, why the game never got officially translated and released here. 

@Soleater Nintendo sued Kaga's company twice and lost. The third time, they won and I'm pretty sure this is why the relationship between Nintendo and Kaga was soured.  Also, why the game never got officially translated and released here. 

Never heard that before, but considering the issues with Starfox 2, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo :/

Sucks though that we didn't get Tearring, but it probably would have gotten called a Fire Emblem clone if FE7 was over here at the same time.

@Soleater There is a full translation patch for it. 

Oooh thank you so much!

Also if you want to @ people, you have to actually select the pop up, or the person won't get the message, it'll turn green like this, @grinus

7 hours ago, Soleater said:

194.gif.2c9c71b9b538301eda6e8a43ff21212e.gif

She isn't referred to by name, but she runs the secret shop, options and suspend feature.

There are also several characters who clearly started out as Fire Emblem characters such as Jake and Xane.

6 hours ago, Soleater said:

Never heard that before, but considering the issues with Starfox 2, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo :/

Sucks though that we didn't get Tearring, but it probably would have gotten called a Fire Emblem clone if FE7 was over here at the same time.

Tearring Saga: Utna Heroes Saga came out at a time of a major Fire Emblem drought, so there were no other Fire Emblem games out at the time.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

2 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

She isn't referred to by name, but she runs the secret shop, options and suspend feature.

Well, I'm sure all the fan's will end up calling her Anna anyways despite the omission, lol. XD

18 hours ago, Soleater said:

Ah, had no idea the number was meant to be a secret; something I will recall from here onwards. Nonetheless, glad to be a part of this site; though my knowledge of Fire Emblem is limited at best, I do enjoy reading, and will be relatively easy to catch up, I'm sure. I enjoy typing as well; though I am rather limited where and when I put up a response, I've written a share of fan fictions before, and have plenty of experience in the text-based role-playing department as well. Only recently getting into ROM hacking; I do have an RP idea that I would like to adapt into  custom Fire Emblem rom at some point, but... just idle ramble. My artistic talents are... well, I used to draw well, but now I'm limited only to weapon design; character design is sub-par, at best. I don't run Photoshop, though I could always find a download somewhere, I'm sure... Anyways, I hope to get to know as many people as possible; I might be shy at first, but I am easy to get along with; hope to meet some like-minded individuals while I'm here.

1 hour ago, Dark_Fire27 said:

Ah, had no idea the number was meant to be a secret; something I will recall from here onwards. Nonetheless, glad to be a part of this site; though my knowledge of Fire Emblem is limited at best, I do enjoy reading, and will be relatively easy to catch up, I'm sure. I enjoy typing as well; though I am rather limited where and when I put up a response, I've written a share of fan fictions before, and have plenty of experience in the text-based role-playing department as well. Only recently getting into ROM hacking; I do have an RP idea that I would like to adapt into  custom Fire Emblem rom at some point, but... just idle ramble. My artistic talents are... well, I used to draw well, but now I'm limited only to weapon design; character design is sub-par, at best. I don't run Photoshop, though I could always find a download somewhere, I'm sure... Anyways, I hope to get to know as many people as possible; I might be shy at first, but I am easy to get along with; hope to meet some like-minded individuals while I'm here.

Oooh you roleplay?  Also I've been trying to get into the rom hacking side of things for some time now; it seems really cool!

4 minutes ago, Soleater said:

Oooh you roleplay?  Also I've been trying to get into the rom hacking side of things for some time now; it seems really cool!

I may be a dork... almost 12 years of experience in roleplaying and fan fictions... not even 2 weeks for hacking, though. I mean... All I managed to achieve was my display image, which is the general appearance of my major OC of my latest FE RP... which I hope to have up once I get the green light. It is a bit rough, I haven't exactly finalized a title for it... And I do admit, Sacred Stones is part of the inspiration in making it, but I did my best not to make it a complete copy-paste, throwing my own sort of ideas out there, like weather influencing some units more greatly than others, for example.

3 minutes ago, Dark_Fire27 said:

I may be a dork... almost 12 years of experience in roleplaying and fan fictions... not even 2 weeks for hacking, though. I mean... All I managed to achieve was my display image, which is the general appearance of my major OC of my latest FE RP... which I hope to have up once I get the green light. It is a bit rough, I haven't exactly finalized a title for it... And I do admit, Sacred Stones is part of the inspiration in making it, but I did my best not to make it a complete copy-paste, throwing my own sort of ideas out there, like weather influencing some units more greatly than others, for example.

Well, I'd love to see them sometime (I wouldn't mind rping Fire Emblem or whatever with you, if you wanted), though I've only had like...four-ish?  Five-ish years of rping experience?  So I might not be as good as you haha ^^"  I haven't even touched an emulator yet, so you're doing better than me already o -o"  I'd love to see the progress on your hack as you keep going!

2 minutes ago, Soleater said:

Well, I'd love to see them sometime (I wouldn't mind rping Fire Emblem or whatever with you, if you wanted), though I've only had like...four-ish?  Five-ish years of rping experience?  So I might not be as good as you haha ^^"  I haven't even touched an emulator yet, so you're doing better than me already o -o"  I'd love to see the progress on your hack as you keep going!

I've mostly been fiddling around, trying to figure out the hacking tools myself; if I had more time, I'd watch some 'How to...' videos and learn how to do it properly, haha. As for my roleplaying, well, I've grown used to all players; newbies, experienced, and veterans of all kinds, really. More than anything, I would like my RP to be the foundation for my rom-hack to be, essentially... Meaning that in a sense, it won't be just my project, but anyone who wishes to participate as well. That's the goal, anyways... I may be quoting a line I heard somewhere in a game, 'Unobtainable dreams are the best kind', and that's how I'm looking at things now, haha. I hope to get it together, though, turning that 'unobtainable' to 'obtainable'.

2 minutes ago, Dark_Fire27 said:

I've mostly been fiddling around, trying to figure out the hacking tools myself; if I had more time, I'd watch some 'How to...' videos and learn how to do it properly, haha. As for my roleplaying, well, I've grown used to all players; newbies, experienced, and veterans of all kinds, really. More than anything, I would like my RP to be the foundation for my rom-hack to be, essentially... Meaning that in a sense, it won't be just my project, but anyone who wishes to participate as well. That's the goal, anyways... I may be quoting a line I heard somewhere in a game, 'Unobtainable dreams are the best kind', and that's how I'm looking at things now, haha. I hope to get it together, though, turning that 'unobtainable' to 'obtainable'.

So uh, a roleplay in your own setting?  I mean, if that would help you flesh out the world, that's cool!  But I would need the details as to what's going on, y'know ^^"

4 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

There are also several characters who clearly started out as Fire Emblem characters such as Jake and Xane.

Tearring Saga: Utna Heroes Saga came out at a time of a major Fire Emblem drought, so there were no other Fire Emblem games out at the time.

I was going to respond to this awhile ago, but I forgot ^^"

It's really weird how they just sort of have

orange Anna

Is this a precursor to blue Anna from Awakening???

The world may never know.