Newbie Meet 'n Greet

Soleater

1 minute ago, Princess Lilly said:

Pokemon is boring the only thing I want from them is gen 4 remake 
Fire Emblem is my life though

Can't wait for a Gen 4 remake either - Gen 4 was my baby :D
But why do you think it's boring?  Ik Sun/Moon's intro was...slow, and US/UM could have improved it, but they didn't...And X and Y, while fun were...style over substance, I guess?  But I think they're really good besides that!  What made Pokemon boring to you - I'm genuinely curious :o

Which Fire Emblem?  I've only really played 13 and up, but I'd love to get into the GBA games especially, and Tellius looks good :D

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Soleater said:

Can't wait for a Gen 4 remake either - Gen 4 was my baby :D
But why do you think it's boring?  Ik Sun/Moon's intro was...slow, and US/UM could have improved it, but they didn't...And X and Y, while fun were...style over substance, I guess?  But I think they're really good besides that!  What made Pokemon boring to you - I'm genuinely curious :o

Which Fire Emblem?  I've only really played 13 and up, but I'd love to get into the GBA games especially, and Tellius looks good :D

It's like beating a dead horse I guess at this point
and i love all Fire Emblem games and anime 
I've been playing too much 7 though and i wish could move on but i don't think its possible for me to get tired of fire emblem

Mmm, I guess I can understand, but you could always try some of the spin-offs: I'd recommend Mystery Dungeons (Never played Red/Blue, but Time, Darkness, and Sky are GREAT), Ranger, Pokken, and Conquest - they're all really good :D

The
anime?
...Well, five-points to you I guess for stomaching that ^^

Hmm...What else were you trying to move on to?

28 minutes ago, Soleater said:

Mmm, I guess I can understand, but you could always try some of the spin-offs: I'd recommend Mystery Dungeons (Never played Red/Blue, but Time, Darkness, and Sky are GREAT), Ranger, Pokken, and Conquest - they're all really good :D

The
anime?
...Well, five-points to you I guess for stomaching that ^^

Hmm...What else were you trying to move on to?

fe1 and 6 right now

rangers is the only good spin off 
if i want a fighter ill play usfiv or something 
conquest might be good I should get the game *legit* and try it out

4 minutes ago, Princess Lilly said:

fe1 and 6 right now

rangers is the only good spin off 
if i want a fighter ill play usfiv or something 
conquest might be good I should get the game *legit* and try it out

Fe6 sounds cool - sure, no Ninian or Dorcas whathappenedtoDorcas???, but hey, you get Nino and Jaffar's child????
That will never not be weird to me

Oh?  Not a fan of Mystery?
I guess, but isn't Pokken a different battle system entirely?  (Since it's Tekken)  It might be fun - shrugs -
Get the game legit?  Whhaaaaaaaaaaat do you mean by that?  (Also, Conquest is technically a crossover, but I can never remember with what...Because the gameplay of PC and the crossover are actually kind of really different)

5 minutes ago, Soleater said:

Fe6 sounds cool - sure, no Ninian or Dorcas whathappenedtoDorcas???, but hey, you get Nino and Jaffar's child????
That will never not be weird to me

Oh?  Not a fan of Mystery?
I guess, but isn't Pokken a different battle system entirely?  (Since it's Tekken)  It might be fun - shrugs -
Get the game legit?  Whhaaaaaaaaaaat do you mean by that?  (Also, Conquest is technically a crossover, but I can never remember with what...Because the gameplay of PC and the crossover are actually kind of really different)

im doing a run with dart rn for 7 but this run im not really invested cuz its eliwood mode just cuz i want to unlock hector mode
but yeah i would casually play pokken if i bought it on switch

Edited by Princess Lilly
afterthought

18 hours ago, Soleater said:

(I'd love to get around to actually playing stuff like FE6, 7, and 8 ^^")

If you don't know how to actually aquire the games (which i doubt you don't know how to do) you can just download a game boy advance emulator + rom of FE6/7/8

Tbh 6 is the worst of the trio (atleast that I know of), 7 is considered the best and 8 is the easiest.

(Tbh I don't know why I posted this. I guess newbies could see this and then know how to get the stuff) (ALMOST FORGOT you need to patch FE 6 with a translator patch. You can look up that stuff yourself :P)

18 hours ago, Soleater said:

Hey ho!  What kind of game calculations are you talking about?

Hey, I like Awakening too!  Even if it's a bit rough around the edges sometimes, the writing is so earnest to me (if that makes sense), and the game is just fun :D

I look forward to that too!

For game calculations, I've mostly been looking at things like weapon rank bonuses and calculations dual strike/guard rates.

I agree that Awakening can be rough around the edges every now and then, but wow do I find it fun to send my favorite units out and watching them mow everything down. Even on Lunatic+, as long as there aren't too many counter units going after my melee attackers.

hi everyone, i'm new to the forums! testing the waters here and it seems like people are a little more friendly here than on the subreddit.

i'm not much of a talker but i wanted to post in the introductions thread to kind of ease myself in here. i made a post here a little under a year ago but i ended up not really using the site but i'd like to try again.

so uhh... hi, i'm captaingrovyle, i like fire emblem. i'm the guy with all the bad opinions.

i also like pokémon, anime, and chicken nuggets.

Edited by captaingrovyle

On 5/26/2018 at 11:53 AM, Princess Lilly said:

im doing a run with dart rn for 7 but this run im not really invested cuz its eliwood mode just cuz i want to unlock hector mode
but yeah i would casually play pokken if i bought it on switch

Just...Dart?  Wow o-o  Is Eliwood mode that easy?

23 hours ago, BacontheBeast said:

If you don't know how to actually aquire the games (which i doubt you don't know how to do) you can just download a game boy advance emulator + rom of FE6/7/8

Tbh 6 is the worst of the trio (atleast that I know of), 7 is considered the best and 8 is the easiest.

(Tbh I don't know why I posted this. I guess newbies could see this and then know how to get the stuff) (ALMOST FORGOT you need to patch FE 6 with a translator patch. You can look up that stuff yourself :P)

Yeah I know, but I'm just looking for the time to actually sink my teeth into three possible 20+ hour rpgs, as good as they look ^^"

22 hours ago, BoltofThoron said:

For game calculations, I've mostly been looking at things like weapon rank bonuses and calculations dual strike/guard rates.

I agree that Awakening can be rough around the edges every now and then, but wow do I find it fun to send my favorite units out and watching them mow everything down. Even on Lunatic+, as long as there aren't too many counter units going after my melee attackers.

I can see why Weapon rank bonuses would be looked into, but aren't dual strike/guard rates listed in game?

You've...done Lunatic plus?  Wow, congrats to you because I can't even get past Lunatic regular.

17 hours ago, captaingrovyle said:

hi everyone, i'm new to the forums! testing the waters here and it seems like people are a little more friendly here than on the subreddit.

i'm not much of a talker but i wanted to post in the introductions thread to kind of ease myself in here. i made a post here a little under a year ago but i ended up not really using the site but i'd like to try again.

so uhh... hi, i'm captaingrovyle, i like fire emblem. i'm the guy with all the bad opinions.

i also like pokémon, anime, and chicken nuggets.

I wouldn't know, because I don't go on reddit much at all, but regardless, welcome!!

Ah, that's okay!  There are other things do to here than just chat - people post their sprite art, music, illustrations, written work, play forum games, all that!

I bet I have worse opinions than you I'll fight you on that

Pokemon is great you have good taste :D

6 minutes ago, Francie said:

If I were to spam forum posts, would that mean I can reach the threshold faster?

EEEEEEEEEHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I wouldn't do that - the forums have a strict no spamming rule unless you're in the Far From the Forest section of the forums, so I wouldn't mess with it.  Instead, you could try just like...posting once in different discussion forums, like just leaving your two cents on a topic, and leaving...Or like, just getting into forum games and the like.  Just, anything but spamming, my dude.

2 minutes ago, Soleater said:

Just...Dart?  Wow o-o  Is Eliwood mode that easy?

Yeah I know, but I'm just looking for the time to actually sink my teeth into three possible 20+ hour rpgs, as good as they look ^^"

I can see why Weapon rank bonuses would be looked into, but aren't dual strike/guard rates listed in game?

You've...done Lunatic plus?  Wow, congrats to you because I can't even get past Lunatic regular.

I wouldn't know, because I don't go on reddit much at all, but regardless, welcome!!

Ah, that's okay!  There are other things do to here than just chat - people post their sprite art, music, illustrations, written work, play forum games, all that!

I bet I have worse opinions than you I'll fight you on that

Pokemon is great you have good taste :D

EEEEEEEEEHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I wouldn't do that - the forums have a strict no spamming rule unless you're in the Far From the Forest section of the forums, so I wouldn't mess with it.  Instead, you could try just like...posting once in different discussion forums, like just leaving your two cents on a topic, and leaving...Or like, just getting into forum games and the like.  Just, anything but spamming, my dude.

What if I spam with relevant and interesting topics? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

2 minutes ago, Francie said:

What if I spam with relevant and interesting topics? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

You'll probably get attacked by a mod for spamming :/

1 minute ago, Francie said:

Fair enough. I'll wait

Or you could like...Go to a SD discussion?  Or you could go to Far From the Forest?  Or you could join me in Awakening/Fanfic hell? :3

Just now, Soleater said:

Or you could like...Go to a SD discussion?  Or you could go to Far From the Forest?  Or you could join me in Awakening/Fanfic hell? :3

Fanfic hell sure sounds terrible.

I'll figure something out. That isn't hell

Fanfic hell sure sounds terrible.

I'll figure something out. That isn't hell

Hell's fun though! :D

2 minutes ago, Soleater said:

Hell's fun though! :D

I dunno, the hell bar in Calgary wasn't really that good for me. 

It felt like a lot of the people there were just sad and stuff. and that killed my vibe.

I dunno, the hell bar in Calgary wasn't really that good for me. 

It felt like a lot of the people there were just sad and stuff. and that killed my vibe.

Wait, I'm a bit confused, what are you talking about?

Just now, Soleater said:

Wait, I'm a bit confused, what are you talking about?

I'm talking about a bar in calgary.

what are you talking about?

I'm talking about a bar in calgary.

what are you talking about?

IIIIIIIII was just joking??? o-o  Like just equating "hell" to "obsession"?

Just now, Soleater said:

IIIIIIIII was just joking??? o-o  Like just equating "hell" to "obsession"?

That makes sense.

I might stop by 

and say hi