Legendary Marth Speculation (If he gets into the game, that is...)

indigoasis

Marth has been getting the shaft a lot lately, it seems. Ryoma, too, but no one talks about him. I think it's high time that Marth gets a Legendary Alt. But what kind of skills should he have?

Here's what I think he could potentially have (or atleast what I want him to have):

Weapon: Exalted Falchion (Effective against dragons obviously, secondary skill ???)

Assist: Rally Atk/Spd

Special: If there's no assist skill, perhaps a special trigger akin to Ayra's Regnal Astra could work, but with a higher turn count and more power.

A Skill: Swift Stance 2 (akin to L!Ephraim's Sturdy Stance 2, but with a boost to Speed and Attack)

B Skill: Some kind of exclusive skill that only L!Marth would have

C Skill: Odd Speed Wave 3

His title should be "Hero King". If we don't get Legendary Marth, then I guess Groom Marth will have to do.

• indigoasis changed the title to Legendary Marth Speculation (If he gets into the game, that is...)

We already have a thread for this you know. Both legendary hero speculation thread and a create a hero thread. Plus, I would prefer a Legendary Ryoma over a Legendary Marth since Marth is bland, & uninteresting

Edited by Dominic the Dragon

1 hour ago, Dominic the Dragon said:

We already have a thread for this you know. Both legendary hero speculation thread and a create a hero thread. Plus, I would prefer a Legendary Ryoma over a Legendary Marth since Marth is bland, & uninteresting

You're coming into a thread specifically about Marth, and saying that he is "bland and uninteresting"? What's the point? It's not necessary. It's also very untrue but I'm reigning myself in here.

But yeah OP, there is a thread for this. Though...

I'd love it if Legendary Marth incorporated the Fire Emblem somehow, either as a skill or an actual weapon.

4 hours ago, indigospace said:

Marth has been getting the shaft a lot lately, it seems

I mean all that has happen to him is being in Code Name Steam, Fates, Awakening, Warriors, & becoming a regular for Smash Bros. Yea, he sure got shafted hard compare to every other lords in the franchise.

In all seriousness, it's not a matter of if Marth gets an alt, it's matter of when he'll get it.

Marth himself I reserve judgement on, but his class *is* bland and uninteresting. Hopefully he gets a seasonal or random regular-pool alt instead because IS are at least willing to do interesting things with those alts. Legendary alt Marth would be yet another infantry sword, and thus incredibly dull.

Maybe the Exalted Falchion can negate Dragon units bonus (rally, hone, fortify) or something else.

The Exalted Falchion need to have something good to make me trade the Refined Falchion for it. The +2 Atk/Spd/Def/Res to allies in 2 spaces is really good, so the Exalted Falchion need to have a better effect. Maybe something for Marth himself.

Also, Legendary Marth's unique combat animation can be his attack animation when he defeated Medeus in New Mystery: he holds the Falchion above him and then stab the foe with the sword. His appearance can be his promoted costume from Warriors.

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Legendary alt Marth would be yet another infantry sword, and thus incredibly dull.

I would love a Legendary Marth, but yes... he would be another sword infantry (like Ike). That's why I want Legendary Alm, as a Red Bow Infantry.

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Marth himself I reserve judgement on, but his class *is* bland and uninteresting. Hopefully he gets a seasonal or random regular-pool alt instead because IS are at least willing to do interesting things with those alts. Legendary alt Marth would be yet another infantry sword, and thus incredibly dull.

Just being an infantry sword doesn't inherently make a character dull. It all comes down to the skills chosen for the hero. An interesting new skill goes a long way.

27 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Just being an infantry sword doesn't inherently make a character dull. It all comes down to the skills chosen for the hero. An interesting new skill goes a long way.

Sure, but how they handled Leif and Legendary Ike doesn't inspire any confidence in them being able to do anything interesting with him. There was more room to do something different with Leif and the Light Brand but we ended up with a very tame interpretation of it, and the only interesting thing about S-Drink is the name. Ike meanwhile just gets a better A-skill and a minor stat readjustment. Evil Celica brought nothing much either.

Marth has much less leeway in terms of his weapon compared to Leif - not that I blame IS as such given that a significant number of purists will probably riot if his weapon is anything other than a powercrept Falchion.

In Shadow Dragon, Marth has a mixed team, with 3 cavalry units, 1 armored unit, 1 infantry unit (2, if Wrys is recruted) and 1 flying unit, so Marth could have a Tactic skill as his C-skill. Maybe a dual tactic skill could work, like Atk/Spd Tactic 2.

His unique skill can be related to the "Shield of Seals" item from New Mystery. In that game, the shield "Allows user to open chests, Str +2, Mag +2, Skl +2, Spd +2, Lck +2, Def +2, Res +2, banishes Earth Dragons". Maybe this effect can be in his weapon, or he can have the refined Falchion drive effect as a C-skill.

13 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Special: Persuade - Converts enemy unit to your side for the remainder of the battle.

After combat against Marth, foe is inflicted with "cannot initiate combat" status.

Or: If Marth initiate combat, foe cannot counterattack.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

After combat against Marth, foe is inflicted with "cannot initiate combat" status.

Or: If Marth initiate combat, foe cannot counterattack.

Forgot about Alm already?

@Humanoid How is Leif boring? He's got a powerful one-of-a-kind weapon, and a great statline.

Anyway, I posted it somewhere else and I'm too lazy to do the whole thing, but basic idea was:

Stats - basically powercreep Lucina (more def and res). Super boon in attack and speed, super bane in def and res.

Weapon - Divine Falchion - Renewal 3, Dragon effectiveness, reduces first hit of all non-breath weapons by 30%.

A - Bracing stance

B - Shield of Seals - Dragon enemy with the lowest speed has movement decreased by 1 through the next turn. (Basically chill movement; can stack with gravity because why not)

The rest was generally accessible skills that weren't all that important to him.

Don't know how practical his B would really be given that while popular dragons aren't ubiquitous, but it'd be fun for trolling and could be useful.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Hm... I would vote for armored emperor Marth, because we already have 2 cavalry legendary heroes and none armored legendary heroes.

It would certainly be unique but...can Marth even lift armor? He's very slender and ''kinda flaky'' according to Xane.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

What about the naked armored unit (Tharja)?

Well she doesn't actually wear armor. The game just weirdly insists that she does. Tharja can't be too weak to wear armor that she isn't even wearing :):

Edited by Etrurian emperor

31 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hm...? Oh, about I wanting a red bow infantry Alm? Well, this is a topic about Legendary Marth, right?

I meant that Alm already comes with wind sweep, a skill that prevents counterattacking.

1 minute ago, Lemmy said:

I meant that Alm already comes with wind sweep, a skill that prevents counterattacking.

But would be cool a legendary firesweep sword, but the user can counterattack. And having this effect on the weapon, the B slot have other skill..