Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go

Water Mage

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loving this game the more I see it. It's stunning, and the redesign for Misty...hoooo, the fans are gonna have a field day with that pose.

Not too keen on the new rival. I was hoping that after Gladion, we were on the uprise, but...it doesn't seem like it.

The new protagonist designs are adorable though.

I admit Let's Go Eevee has grown on me more, but I still don't like the lack of non-Kanto Pokemon. Maybe if they update the game with some of them later like Pokemon GO does, I'll get it.

I know they already showed Brock at e3, but this trailer actually made me realise we probably aren't getting future Kanto. I was under the impression that after aged up red/blue that we'd be getting a Kanto that would be set a few years later too with new gym leaders. A shame they're not going in that direction.

As for the trailer itself. There where some things I liked such as being able to interact more with the Pokemon in your party. All in all it looks clean and fine. I find it hard to get exited about this game, but it look good.

Edited by Sasori

I heard somewhere that Red and Blue are supposed to appear somewhere in the game. Maybe Red will be the Champion?

It'd be great to see them again as their younger selves.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:08 AM, Water Mage said:

Rewatching the old trailers and watching the news made me realize that they actually changed the location of somw wild Pokemon! For example, it seems you can now find Oddish in Viridian Forest and there’s seems to be Venonat at the routes north of Cerulean. That’s actually really interesting. Is there any Pokemon you guys want available earlier that they originally were? I hope we can catch Jynx earlier as it is the only strong Ice type in the game other than Lapras. There’s Articune, but it’s legendary so it’s doesn’t really count. And also some of the fossil Pokemon being able to be revived earlier would also be nice. 

Venonat was already available on Route 24/25 in the original Pokémon Yellow albeit with a low encounter rate. Though I do agree that having Oddish/Bellsprout available in Viridian Forest is nice since Bulbasaur/Squirtle are probably not going to be available early on and I would rather not rely on Pikachu's/Eevee's/Nidoran's double kick to defeat Brock. Having an ice type earlier in the game would be nice but I'm already guessing that they will confine most of the ice types inside Seaform Islands since that's the coldest location in Kanto.

As for myself I want Vulpix/Growlithe to be available on Route 4, 5 or even 3 just so a fire type is available early on and for Voltorb/Magnemite to be on route 9 just so they are not confined inside the Power Plant and to have more electric types around so people are not stuck with having to use Pikachu. Also kind of hoping Moltres will appear on Cinnabar Island's volcano since Gamefreak recently revealed a map for Let's Go and it shows a volcano on Cinnabar Island which makes me think we will be able to explore it and find Pokémon there as well. Plus it would be a nice reference to Pokémon Gold/Silver about it saying a volcano was on the island despite never seeing it in game due to limitations and it would give Moltres a place to roost since the Sevii Islands aren't coming back and I always thought it was strange to see Moltres randomly at Victory Road/Mt.Silver.

Looks like the game will have version exclusives, and Pikachu version will be the “Red” version, and will have the Oddish and Growlithe lines, while the Eevee version will be the “Green/Blue” version and will have the Bellsprout and Vulpix lines. Oddly, the Sandshrew line, which was usually exclusive to “Green/Blue”, will appear on the Pikachu version. While it’s not confirmed, it’s safe to assume that the Sandshrew line’s counterpart, the Ekans line which was usually “Red” exclusive, will appear on the Eevee version.

Here’s a list of confirmed exclusives:

https://serebii.net/letsgopikachueevee/exclusives.shtml

I wonder if they'll throw us a sun stone to evolve Gloom to Bellossom in Pikachu version.

6 minutes ago, Darros said:

I wonder if they'll throw us a sun stone to evolve Gloom to Bellossom in Pikachu version.

Perhaps post game?

And I wonder if the Ice stone will be available since Alola forms are meant to appear.

Speaking of Alola forms the Eevee version might end up having more Alola forms, since the Vulpix line has Alola forms but it’s counterpart, the Growlithe line doesn’t.

31 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Perhaps post game?

And I wonder if the Ice stone will be available since Alola forms are meant to appear.

Speaking of Alola forms the Eevee version might end up having more Alola forms, since the Vulpix line has Alola forms but it’s counterpart, the Growlithe line doesn’t.

That's true, I'm expecting them to beef up their postgame content a lot. But with Eevee itself I wonder how the evolutions will work. Locking it to Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon would be so lame if that's what they go for. But I don't really expect them to implement Pokemon Amie either, so Sylveon might be out of the question? And who knows with Leafeon and Glaceon. There's still a lot of mystery about these games.

53 minutes ago, Darros said:

That's true, I'm expecting them to beef up their postgame content a lot. But with Eevee itself I wonder how the evolutions will work. Locking it to Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon would be so lame if that's what they go for. But I don't really expect them to implement Pokemon Amie either, so Sylveon might be out of the question? And who knows with Leafeon and Glaceon. There's still a lot of mystery about these games.

Speaking of postgame Kanto, I wonder if the Sevii islands will appear...perhaps the Alola forms will appear only in the islands? If would be fitting.

And I’m starting to think that the Pokemon Center might have new function, since they no longer will have the computer and storage boxes. Otherwise it will just be a place to heal Pokemon.

Edited by Water Mage

• 1 month later...

Well this is cute:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/10/nintendo-switch-pikachu-and-eevee-edition-console-bundles-announced/

Not as cool as the Pikachu N64, which I once had. And once a Kirby Switch releases it'll have some serious competition for the cute award, but I like it.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well this is cute:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/10/nintendo-switch-pikachu-and-eevee-edition-console-bundles-announced/

Not as cool as the Pikachu N64, which I once had. And once a Kirby Switch releases it'll have some serious competition for the cute award, but I like it.

Yeah. I’d buy the Switch without the game. Is this our first special edition Switch?

6 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Is this our first special edition Switch?

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-monster-hunter-special-edition/

Turns out it the first special edition switch was Monster Hunter themed.

I thought the first special edition would've been Breath of the Wild themed or even Mario themed, but I guess not. I haven't really been paying attention to news about the switch since it's launch (other than new first party games), which is a bit of a blunder on my part.