Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go

Water Mage

14 hours ago, Altrosa said:
EDIT: Full transcript of the post conference Q&A. Haven't read it yet, myself, but here you go.

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/05/31/heres-an-english-transcript-of-the-pokemon-press-conferences-qa-segment/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

So you don't need Switch Online to battle and trade online? So much for Pokemon being a crucial means of selling the online service.

I'm still running off the assumption that the Pokemon Switch game that they first mentioned at last year's E3 is not Pokemon Let's GO. Game development takes a while and you don't just sneeze a new generation. Let's GO, on the other hand, feels like somewhat of a sneeze. I feel like the conversation surrounding these games and all the rumors and leaks definitely hindered fan perception. If fans continued to believe that "Pokemon Switch" as in "Gen 8" was not coming this year then they wouldn't have their heart set on playing that particular game this year.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized that if Blue(or Gary) is still in "Let's Go" and you specifically pick the Eevee version...does that mean HE gets Pikachu?!

Edited by Water Mage

I think that's part of the whole spin-off confusion. Let's Go technically aren't, but have enough deviations from the gameplay of the older mainline games that it certainly feels like they should be. 

They want those Go players and lapsed fans to look at this like a good jumping in point, a real Pokémon RPG. Us core players, it's a fun side game to keep us in Pokémon in 2018.

The one mentioned last E3 is next year's game.

Edited by Altrosa

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Well, for one thing, why ignore the core fans and make them wait another year to get what they want? Why not try to make this also appeal some to the core fans by, say, adding some Pokemon from later gens and whatnot? There will still be some that aren't interested, but you'd still get more sales and more happy fans this way.

You're going to have to explain this one. They're not ignoring the core fans. Sun and Moon(The originals) came out a year and a half ago. The next proper core game in the franchise will come out a year and a half from now. Nearly every gen has a turnaround of 3 years at least. The gaps between Gens 3 and 4, and 4 and 5 was actually a full 4 years.

It's true that we're not getting a Sinnoh remake or a "core" remake, but forgive me if I don't lose sleep over not getting a remake of gen 4. But to expect a proper gen 8 entry? There's absolutely no reason to expect it. It's also not the first time we skipped a gen getting a remake of a previous gen. Last time it happened, it was because we got two full gens on the same system. Surprise, the 3DS(And largely what looks like the tech that's getting brought over to Let's Go!) also got two full generations, 1 set of remakes.

The problem here is that this new game we're getting isn't the same target audience as the mainline franchise, and GameFreak has made this painfully clear. Core fans aren't getting any less Pokemon than we usually do, especially for a change in hardware when there's usually less games. A different audience is getting a new game, to absolutely no loss to the rest of us.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Also, another thing was that original announcement of a mainline Pokemon game being made for the Switch. We were all led to believe we were getting gen 8 or maybe Sinnoh remakes (though that of course seemed a bit less likely). Not this. Instead, those who wanted gen 8 were told "oh, we're still making it, wait until next year!" and that's a bit irritating.

Again, there's absolutely no reason to expect a whole new gen in the matter of 2 years. Pokemon has never had a turn around time that quick. We know a new Pokemon is coming, and at roughly the same speed new Pokemon games usually come. Most people I saw also wrote off the possibility of a new Pokemon game coming out this year, since that announcement was made at the same time USUM was announced.

Edited by Slumber

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

You're going to have to explain this one. They're not ignoring the core fans. Sun and Moon(The originals) came out a year and a half ago. The next proper core game in the franchise will come out a year and a half from now. Nearly every gen has a turnaround of 3 years at least. The gaps between Gens 3 and 4, and 4 and 5 was actually a full 4 years.

It's true that we're not getting a Sinnoh remake or a "core" remake, but forgive me if I don't lose sleep over not getting a remake of gen 4. But to expect a proper gen 8 entry? There's absolutely no reason to expect it. It's also not the first time we skipped a gen getting a remake of a previous gen. Last time it happened, it was because we got two full gens on the same system. Surprise, the 3DS(And largely what looks like the tech that's getting brought over to Let's Go!) also got two full generations, 1 set of remakes.

The problem here is that this new game we're getting isn't the same target audience as the mainline franchise, and GameFreak has made this painfully clear. Core fans aren't getting any less Pokemon than we usually do, especially for a change in hardware when there's usually less games. A different audience is getting a new game, to absolutely no loss to the rest of us.

I never said I expected gen 8 this year. I expected it to release next year. I just thought we'd be getting the official announcement of the game names and maybe a teaser trailer. Not this Kanto pandering stuff.

And a Sinnoh remake isn't completely out of the question. No one said those were never coming.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No one said those were never coming.

Including me, so I don't know what the point of bringing it up is.

23 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Including me, so I don't know what the point of bringing it up is.

You said "it's true that we're not getting a Sinnoh remake."

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

You said "it's true that we're not getting a Sinnoh remake."

Yeah, in response to us getting Let's Go!

How does that imply that we're NEVER getting Sinnoh remakes?

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Yeah, in response to us getting Let's Go!

How does that imply that we're NEVER getting Sinnoh remakes?

It just came off to me as saying we're probably not ever getting them. Sorry.

23 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Get ready for Pokemon Let's Go Togepi and Pokemon Let's Go Larvitar in 2020.

Why Larvitar? ...Pokemon movies maybe? I kinda remember some warmup movie at the start of a movie featuring a Larvitar, but I don't remember any of it too well. (Although I do loves me my Ttar.) I totally get Togepi though.

And why are people so concerned with it taking so long before the next? A 3 years gap sounds short to me, 4-5 should be the standard. Mario and Zelda, the other members of the Nintrintity, don't have to release their next blockbuster main title so fast. And Pokemon seems to me to be much more suited than Mario or Zelda to provide additional post-release content. Not to mention online multiplayer.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why Larvitar? ...Pokemon movies maybe? I kinda remember some warmup movie at the start of a movie featuring a Larvitar, but I don't remember any of it too well. (Although I do loves me my Ttar.) I totally get Togepi though.

No particular reason, I just think that both chosen pokemon would 100% be baby pokemon. Y'know what replace Larvitar with Tyrogue now that we know Eevee can't evolve. Tyrogue is another pokemon that should be cheated out of his three evolutionary paths. 

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

No particular reason, I just think that both chosen pokemon would 100% be baby pokemon. Y'know what replace Larvitar with Tyrogue now that we know Eevee can't evolve. Tyrogue is another pokemon that should be cheated out of his three evolutionary paths. 

You are aware that Tyrogue, although it can use TMs/HMs, has only four moves it learns naturally? And if they really wanted to be authentic to Gen 2, it'd only have Tackle- the one move it was stuck with until Gen 4.

Anacybele, I think you might be getting the leaked and official info mixed up as the announcement during last year's E3 stated the earliest release was 2019 for that game.

LGPE being leaked and claiming it was on Switch was what got us all twisted as zero info indicated LGPE and the major Switch title were different games. There was quite a bit of fake/possibly tied to the 2019 game mixed into stuff related to the LGPE games.

None of the "over-hyping" is on Nintendo or TPC as they hadn't said anything regarding a new game until the conference, which in itself wasn't public knowledge. Any dissapointment is purely our own faults for getting wrapped up into the whole build up discussion and the fake side of the leaks.

Edited by Altrosa

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-06-pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-and-eevee-features-require-nintendo-switch-online-subscription

"Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! will have online play functionality. Battling and trading with other players over the internet or locally will be available in these games," a Pokémon Company spokesperson said.

"However, the feature set will be somewhat simplified in comparison to previous games in that there is no GTS, Wonder Trade, or Battle Spot (Rating Battle, Free Battle, and Online Competition, etc.) for example. Further details will be revealed at a later date.

Moving my response over here where it's relevant. Hope you have notifications turned on.

14 hours ago, Arvin said:

So dump the whole mechanic just cause you find it annoying? You can completely ignore that mechanic if you don't like it. Any added content means they made it their way to satisfy the customer. So you're one of those so called Genwunners?

There's no need for me to waste money on a barebones product especially at that price. Heck at least Pokemon Go is free unlike this one. Look at how much they have to confirm that the game for 2019 is Gen 8 and is a core game.

The amount of garbage in just a few sentences is incredible. I'll just say no, I'm not a genwunner, not at all. I've played and enjoyed every gen as they came out. My favorite Pokemon game is Emerald, and my favorite Pokemon is Gardevoir. I can like gen 1 and be excited for what they're doing with Let's Go without being a "genwunner."

Fine, don't get it. I don't care. But don't talk like you know all about it when we still know very little.

So your Pokemon get exp when you catch a Pokemon. I guess I could live with that? Though I just hope I wouldn't have to hoard a lot of copies of Pokemon I won't use just to level up some far enough for evolution.

I'm slowly warming up to these two games, though I still really don't like the lack of non-Kanto Pokemon.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Looks like the incentive to buy the Pokeball controller is that it comes with a free Mew inside. That's pretty neat.

Yeah, but according to Serebii. You can’t transfer mew from Go to Let’s Go. Talk about a scam.

Mew seems like a fun gift they decided to add later. It's still a specialty controller that allows you to carry mons outside the main game. I do think it's overpriced for what it is, but most were already sold on it before the addition of Mew.

The E3 Treehouse streams really cemented that a lot less is changing from the core games than we thought initially. Also, Pikachu learns double-kick now early on, so Pokémon are getting reworked movesets, at least as far as our starters go. That's fantastic.

Just a random thought but since it seems like we are still going to be collecting gym badges and fighting the elite four I wonder who the champion going to be? I really hope it's not the new rival. I'm kind of hoping the champion is either Red or Blue or even better yet make it Professor Oak himself if only to finally give people the chance to properly battle him instead of having to use glitches like in the original Red/Blue/Yellow.

On 6/14/2018 at 10:05 PM, Altrosa said:

The E3 Treehouse streams really cemented that a lot less is changing from the core games than we thought initially. Also, Pikachu learns double-kick now early on, so Pokémon are getting reworked movesets, at least as far as our starters go. That's fantastic.

I agree with this. I just still hate that there are no non-Kanto Pokemon aside from the mystery new one. I mean, couldn't we at least have the Sevii Islands return and function as a way to get Pokemon from later gens? I also wouldn't mind if more Pokemon were added via updates/DLC (but free, since we know how GF is about paid DLC) like in Pokemon GO.

Edited by Anacybele

• 3 weeks later...

Rewatching the old trailers and watching the news made me realize that they actually changed the location of somw wild Pokemon! For example, it seems you can now find Oddish in Viridian Forest and there’s seems to be Venonat at the routes north of Cerulean. That’s actually really interesting. Is there any Pokemon you guys want available earlier that they originally were? I hope we can catch Jynx earlier as it is the only strong Ice type in the game other than Lapras. There’s Articune, but it’s legendary so it’s doesn’t really count. And also some of the fossil Pokemon being able to be revived earlier would also be nice. 

Edited by Water Mage