Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go

Water Mage

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

When has a return to Kanto ever been vocally requested?

Genwunners are loud, yo. 

But specifically it's more that fans want a game with everything or a repeat of Johto, with Kanto being the second half of the game, so to speak. 

Honestly HeartGold/SoulSilver felt like a turn in the fandom, now that I think about it, especially with Gen V being 100% new... hmm. But, I think Genwunners becoming a reviled meme in recent memory warps perception a bit. 

Ah. But, no demanding receipts on the desire of following Pokémon, eh?:B):

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Dwlr said:

Pokemon has a tendency to register names that they don't use. Gamefreak has registered:
Pokemon Topaz
Pokemon Tourmaline
Pokemon WhiteGold
Pokemon Moonstone
Pokemon Delta Emerald
The list goes on, these usually get scrapped or changed in the end so whilst this game could potentially exist it could just be them place-holding a name. Pikachu is still their mascot, so just making him a starter again doesn't really mean it's just going to a be a gen 1 remake either and Eevee has several possibilities across the generations to evolve into the prospect of using him as a starter would give more options to the player for their starting pokemon to evolve into which gives the casuals more options to fill gaps in their team.

However, these names were registered after the leaks, and they're not some easy guess like "Pokemon Grey". That's worth noting.

5 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I think one thing we have to remember regarding leaks is that they don't often come from somebody with a full understanding of what they've seen and heard. Not every source knows what all the developers in other departments are working on so you have to expect we're getting one piece of a broader picture. When there are statements like "remake of Yellow" or "Pokemon Go like gameplay", it's just one guy's out of context perspective. It cannot be a remake of yellow if we're talking new trainers and the ability to pick Eevee. And "Pokemon GO mechanics" could simply refer to the various ways you might be able to interact with others in the real world when playing the game, rather than any change to catching and raising pokemon.

The good news is that it sounds like this is a game that will be officially revealed within the next two weeks and that should set a lot of concerns aside. I don't think a core pokemon game has ever been received with mixed reactions at first after its reveal. No, not even Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon which were basically a third and fourth version.

This is something everyone really needs to remember. Leaks can be real without the information within being 100% accurate or exactly what it sounds like. I can see this turning into a Mario + Rabbids situation, where when it was leaked everyone slammed it, but then when it was officially revealed everyone thought it looked great.

That's my take, too. I can understand the doom and gloom scenarios people are making with the whole "Pokémon Go mechanics" since the two are so fundamentally different. 

Credit to the GameExplain guys, but they voiced concern that this may be lowering the bar of entry for new players, despite Pokémon's basically being on the ground. Especially when the biggest complaint surrounding Gen VII is that it's first 10 hours are a tutorial, theorized having been done for incoming Go players to feel eased in. (Ultra still had this problem, but it certainly feels like our complaints of being too easy were heard!)

My fear is players that can't or won't play Go are going to be locked out of major features.

I don't like Gen V much either, but it had little to do with the Pokémon selection since I rarely use the same Pokémon. I was more too many nitpicky issues. The weird warping and stretching sprites was gross. I didn't like the avatar's designs. Also, it was too easy. My Emboar carried the game and I never had a full party knowing the cover legendary was going to be tossed at me.

It doesn't help that I love Gen IV and Gen VI the most.

But, hoo boy, Gen V was laced into upon release. No one was happy with the idea of it being entirely new Pokémon, and most look upon Gen V monsters as lesser alternatives to established ones or unpleasant, living objects. The rivals were boring. The enemy team is basically PETA. Why isn't this on 3DS?

It was a mess.

Edited by Altrosa

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Could you clarify? Because i don't see how it makes sense for Gen 8 to kick off with a Gen 1 remake.

It's the first "console" Pokemon. Nintendo's priority right now is to sell as many of that console as possible. 

I'd say it's too soon to Sun/Moon to have a whole new gen of Pokemon. Outside of Gen 1 to Gen 2, has a new gen of Pokemon ever released within 2 years of the previous? So yeah, I wouldn't expect a brand new game. It's certainly possible if these rumors are fake, but I wouldn't expect it. 

And for everyone screaming about it, gen 4 remake isn't going to excite most people. Certainly not the general audience chomping at the bit for the FIRST main Pokemon game that you can play on your couch on a TV. I'm sorry people who want it, but it's true. It's one of the forgotten gens, and I wouldn't be surprised if most people only knew it because of the Rhydon/Electebuzz/Magmar evolutions. It's not even my personal least favorite gen(That'd go to 3), but it's the one I definitely remember the least about and the one I care the least about. Unless gen 4 was somebody's first gen, I can't see most people clamoring for it, and I expect it will be a relative thud when gen 4 remakes actually get announced. 

What remains is to make another game with the same Pokedex from Sun/Moon, which would be the third time, or go back and remake a gen that's already been remade. I think the former would piss more people off than the latter. 

Narrow down the "Remake an older gen again" group, and only one sticks out. Gen 3 is the most recent remake and it'd be an odd pick, and Gen 2 relies a lot on Kanto. Which leaves Gen 1/Kanto.

Gen 1 is always going to be the crowd pleaser. It's the safest bet. It has the strongest nostalgia factor for the most people. It makes the most sense for it to be the first Pokemon game to hit consoles.

18 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I'd say it's too soon to Sun/Moon to have a whole new gen of Pokemon. Outside of Gen 1 to Gen 2, has a new gen of Pokemon ever released within 2 years of the previous? So yeah, I wouldn't expect a brand new game. It's certainly possible if these rumors are fake, but I wouldn't expect it. 

Never, actually. The time period between Gen 1 and 2 was actually three and a half years going by Japan's original release dates. It took two years to localize the first set of pokemon games to the US, making the gap seem short to us. Generation gaps have consistently been three to four years.

57 minutes ago, Florete said:

This is something everyone really needs to remember. Leaks can be real without the information within being 100% accurate or exactly what it sounds like. I can see this turning into a Mario + Rabbids situation, where when it was leaked everyone slammed it, but then when it was officially revealed everyone thought it looked great.

That's a good comparison. People saying "Eww, Rabbids" then are like the people saying "Eww, Gen 1 pandering?" now. When the game has been revealed on the developer's terms, it tends to look pretty good compared to a list of random, written bullet points.

Edited by Glennstavos

Keep in mind that GF also has always gone with a whole new gen rather than remakes when jumping onto a new system. GBA started with gen 3, DS with gen 4, and 3DS with gen 6.

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Keep in mind that GF also has always gone with a whole new gen rather than remakes when jumping onto a new system. GBA started with gen 3, DS with gen 4, and 3DS with gen 6.

They’ve also spent the past half a decade bucking almost every trend they set with the first four gens.

Well, sure, if we only count "main" games, remakes or otherwise.

GameFreak is more known to release spin-off games first after making the jump, before actually introducing a gen.

Pokémon Pinball (Gen I) was released before Gold and Silver (Gen II). Trozei, Blue Rescue Team, and the first Ranger game (all Gen III) were released before Diamond and Pearl (Gen IV). Gates to Infinity and Tetra Lab (Gen V) were released before X and Y (VI). Only for GBA they didn't seem to release a spin-off before introducing a new gen.

Knowing the trend, GF is more likely to start on the Switch not with Gen 8. Unless, like with the GBA, they're instead doing otherwise.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, SuperIb said:

Well, as long as I can actually play as an adult and not a random 10 year-old, I'm be happy. Doubt it'll happen though.

LMAO I'M STILL DISAPPOINTED.

While can't my avatar have facial hair option, goddammit ?

One  one hand, no more Wingull, Zubat, and Tentacool. On the other hand, they added Patrat and Watchhog. And water zones have the same Pokémon over and over once again.
Well, I tries to use as many new pokémons as possible, and to not always use the same Pokémon, so that's fine with me (I do use Metagross once every gen, but I avoid using Crobat and Gyarados too much, since I already used them too much)
Honnestly BW problem for me was actually that they didn't went far enough, and puts tons of ancient Pokémons in the post game, even if it makes no sense. Dreamyard being the most ridiculous examples).

But I learned to like gen 5 Pokémon because I really love the region.
DP were... pretty disapointing game to me. They weren't bad game, but clearly they were running out of idea, and keeping the game for kids. And they totally ruined contests. Super contests are to contsts wwhat Festival Plaza is to PSS. (that's a minor nitpick, though...) I still like those games (I had my really first shiny and first Pokérus on my Diamond version after all), but the future didn't looked too good. I'll still buy Pokémon games, obviously, but would I evr enjoy them as much as
So BW hearing all my complaints and sweeping aside all my worries. Yes, they still could do something new with POkémon. Gen 6 and gen 7 confirmed that they could still makes things new with the franchise.
And then BW2 came out. Those games are just fantastic, and Challenge Mode is still one of the most intense Pokémon experience (Challenge mode CHeren. Nuff said).
BW2 spoiled us too much honestly. That's becasue BW2 exists that USUM had such a bad reception (and because their marketing was utterly stupid.).
It's a high quality remake with at least as much effort put into it as Platinum or Emerald after all.

@Altrosa considering Alola was already planned when X Y came out, and X Y also references Omega Rubis and ALpha Sapphire, it's not unlikely that they planned this game for a while.

Return to Kanto or RBY remake is an old idea honestly. It was talked about a lot in 2016, for the 20th anniversary. This year is actually the 20th anniversary of Pokémon Yellow)
And that's not reserved to genwunners only (because I could make the same kind of argumets for those wanting a 4G remake, and that would be far wrong.)
I mean, I started with Gen 1. Even if it's obviously the worst Pokémon generation (strangely enough, it's the bugs that still makes the games enjoyable to this day.), it was still fun replaying Yellow earlier this year.
Gned 1 have a far broader appeal than just genwunners. They have a high sense of familiarity with many people.

Oh yeah, I played Blue and Yellow as a little kid on the big fat original Gameboy. My Dad got me so many AA batteries.... I'm still in Ultra Moon, but I really want Yellow, now. 

But... my favorite gen is actually IV. It got me back into the franchise and I never really left. The major complaint of the slowness flew over my head since I didn't have Gen 3 to compare to. I even watched the show at the time, and many of my favorite Pokémon are from Gen IV. Also, my first shiny was a Bidoof right out the gate in Platinum.

Also, HeartGold/SoulSilver are amazing.

3 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

Oh yeah, I played Blue and Yellow as a little kid on the big fat original Gameboy. My Dad got me so many AA batteries.... I'm still in Ultra Moon, but I really want Yellow, now. 

But... my favorite gen is actually IV. It got me back into the franchise and I never really left. The major complaint of the slowness flew over my head since I didn't have Gen 3 to compare to. I even watched the show at the time, and many of my favorite Pokémon are from Gen IV. Also, my first shiny was a Bidoof right out the gate in Platinum.

Also, HeartGold/SoulSilver are amazing.

I rarely ever consider remakes part of the gen they were remade in. It just feels off to me, since not every gen has a remake in it. 

Otherwise, HG/SS are the sole saving grace for Gen 4 for me, because those might be the best Pokemon games ever made. 

6 hours ago, Slumber said:

Outside of Gen 1 to Gen 2, has a new gen of Pokemon ever released within 2 years of the previous?

Gen 5: 2011. Gen 6: 2013. Gen 7: 2016. So yeah, new Gens of Pokemon have released within two years of the previous one.

6 hours ago, Slumber said:

Gen 1 is always going to be the crowd pleaser. It's the safest bet. It has the strongest nostalgia factor for the most people. It makes the most sense for it to be the first Pokemon game to hit consoles.

Except that still doesn't explain why Gen 8 should start off with Gen 1 remakes. You say Gen 1 is the most recognizable, which is true, but Pokemon is so big that a mainline entry is guaranteed to sell millions easily, regardless of what it is. With the exceptions of Gen 5 and 7, each Gen on a new console was always a brand-new game. If anything, it makes much more sense to start off with a new game and then go to Gen 1 remakes. Get people excited to see new Pokemon, new areas. Because personally, going back to a region we've been to four times is incredibly unexciting.

7 hours ago, Altrosa said:

Ah. But, no demanding receipts on the desire of following Pokémon, eh?

Nah, i know it's a wanted feature. Even if it's incredibly overrated.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Gen 5: 2011. Gen 6: 2013. Gen 7: 2016. So yeah, new Gens of Pokemon have released within two years of the previous one.

Except that still doesn't explain why Gen 8 should start off with Gen 1 remakes. You say Gen 1 is the most recognizable, which is true, but Pokemon is so big that a mainline entry is guaranteed to sell millions easily, regardless of what it is. With the exceptions of Gen 5 and 7, each Gen on a new console was always a brand-new game. If anything, it makes much more sense to start off with a new game and then go to Gen 1 remakes. Get people excited to see new Pokemon, new areas. Because personally, going back to a region we've been to four times is incredibly unexciting.

Nah, i know it's a wanted feature. Even if it's incredibly overrated.

Gen 5 is 2010. Only the japanese release date is relevant here. Gen 5, 6 and 7 have exactly 3 years and 1 month. between each. ANd exactly 3 years betwen Gold/Sylver and Ruby/Sapphire.
It doesn't mean we can't have a new region after 2 years, especially with USUM coming so shortly, after SM, but it never happened before. (Granted, with GF thinkng of patterns doesn't maks sense.).

Gen 5 and 7 sold really well, despite doing some big changes (No old Pokémons until post game. Removing gyms). So I agree with the general feeling. 

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

I rarely ever consider remakes part of the gen they were remade in. It just feels off to me, since not every gen has a remake in it. 

Otherwise, HG/SS are the sole saving grace for Gen 4 for me, because those might be the best Pokemon games ever made. 

I'd put it second just before BW2 personally. Simply because having the best game being a remake doesn't seems quite right.
But it's the best remake ever (for Pokémon, but even in general. Staying true to the original while innovating at the same time.)

I think for myself, I count both new games and remakes in each gen, just because the remakes still contain updated/new features, gameplay, story, etc. Also that way I have an excuse to call gens III and IV my favorites, haha.

Also I really do hope they bring challenge mode from Black/White 2 back because that was a really great idea.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Gen 5 was 2010. There has never been a new gen of Pokemon within 2 years of each other.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I never said a new gen should start off with gen 1 remakes, I said it makes the most sense.

There's no precedent to expect a whole new entry with a new region and a new Pokedex, simply aside from the fact that it's new hardware. GF's typical turnaround time on new Pokemon games, however, doesn't line up with whole new entries.

People get excited to see new Pokemon and regions, but the next best bet after that is gen 1, which continues to be the best gen to milk over 20 years later.

I'm really hoping the official reveal is soon, since there's very little to go off.

From the names, they sound like remakes of Yellow, since Yellow was Pikachu edition in Japan. But it's sounding like they're sequels or re-imaginings instead?

It's also very interesting that they went with Eevee for the other version. The fight for best-selling version is gonna be something to behold XD

Also, my gut feeling is that these are Gen 7 games. I don't think Game Freak ever said the Switch games would be a new generation. Especially if the games can connect with Pokemon Go as rumoured, since unused data for Go connectivity already exists in Gen 7.

Plus it would make more sense for Gen 8 to be a new region to keep in line with tradition.

That said, USUM already broke the mold by adding new Pokemon mid-generation, so I wouldn't be surprised if these games added new Pokemon as well (whether it's Gen 7, 8 or something in-between).

43 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I'm really hoping the official reveal is soon, since there's very little to go off.

From the names, they sound like remakes of Yellow, since Yellow was Pikachu edition in Japan. But it's sounding like they're sequels or re-imaginings instead?

It's also very interesting that they went with Eevee for the other version. The fight for best-selling version is gonna be something to behold XD

Actually from what I’ve been told, these games aren’t Yellow remakes, but rather sequels, as in it happens around the events of SM/USUM or after them.

And I think the reason they choose Eevee is because it’s one the few Pokemon that can compete with Pikachu in popularity.

Changing the subject, there’s this suspicious picture:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PokemonLetsGoNS/status/996851277882691590

Also, in the japanese site, they seem to be suspiciously selling merchandise of Pikachu and Eevee as pair:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2018/05/180511_p01.html?page_news=news

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2018/04/180413_p02.html?page=goods

And in the new movie, a major character has Eevee.

It seems more and more likely that these game are real.

Edited by Water Mage

I don't think their's been a mold since Gen V. Only Gen III and Gen IV have the same release pattern.

Gen I : Green and Red release in Japan on Gameboy. Blue releases with improvements, is the basis for worldwide version of Red and Blue. The Pikachu/Yellow edition releases with more improvements and anime influences.

Gen II: Gold and Silver release on Gameboy Color. Later Crystal comes out with improvements and modded storyline. 

Gen III: Ruby and Sapphire release on Gameboy Advanced. Then FireRed and LeafGreen release, the Gen I remakes, with massive changes to fit in the current gen's tech and standard, followed by Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire's improved version.

Gen IV: Diamond and Pearl launch on DS, followed by HeartGold and SoulSilver, the Gen II remakes. Then Platinum launched, being Diamond/Pearl's third.

Gen V: Black and White launch on DS system (not the new at the time 3DS). Later, Black and White 2 launch, being total sequels to the first two, picking up where the story left off instead of an improved retelling, and remaining on the DS system.

Gen VI: X and Y launch on 3DS. Later, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire land as the Gen III remakes.

Gen VII: Sun and Moon launch on 3DS, then two improved variants, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. And here we are.

There is actually a chance these Let's Go! games will be closer to what we thought the rumored Stars would be. 

Edited by Altrosa

18 hours ago, Florete said:

However, these names were registered after the leaks, and they're not some easy guess like "Pokemon Grey". That's worth noting.

The list goes past to include like Pokemon Brown and Pokemon Purple and such wasn't about to sit around and name them all. Them registering anything doesn't necessarily mean anything at all even. There are numerous games that never get made leaked or not PT fell through and so did Scalebound the former having a playable teaser the latter a decent amount of footage and yet something happened that kept them from being released granted it's not exactly the same as the company simply changing their mind, but leaked 3-D Kanto stills and 2 names doesn't mean much of anything. Everybody knew Pokemon was going to hit the Switch sometime or another it's one of the main first party games Nintendo has and several later incarnations include the Kanto region. Heck it could just be Ash's story simply starting you in kanto and going through Aloha so while you could claim it's somewhat a remake of Pokemon Yellow, it'd have far more available content if that were the case. I don't follow Pokemon, but Eevee could be the same thing somebody surely started with Eevee at some point and they could just run through all the regions which honestly makes more logical sense than releasing new games starting in the new region. Running through the original region and releasing the new content later encourages people to play through the game to reach the new content and they're not forced to really put everything new available to the player right away which is the expectation when starting in the new region. Pokemon fans of the original series are also getting old which is definitely worth mentioning so going back to old games as a starting point brings some nostalgia value to people that have put aside their pokeballs and that can be shown when people get excited over remakes of their favorite regions more so than the full new releases. A lot of the old pokemon are falling far behind in either skills or stats as well not saying it's practical per say, but a Switch release would be the perfect opportunity to re-vamp older Pokemon and improve them in some way shape or form so people can go back to their old favorites that might have been left behind from the natural power creep which is sometimes done in various online card games which I feel is a pretty fair comparison to how Pokemon is done, never-mind that they released a Pokemon card game fairly early on in Pokemon's evolution as a sort of natural addition to the game. It's worth mentioning that they already kind of did this at least once before releasing new evolutions.

4 hours ago, Altrosa said:

Gen V: Black and White launch on DS system (not the new at the time 3DS). 

So new it wasn’t released until a year after these games were. XD

4 hours ago, Dwlr said:

The list goes past to include like Pokemon Brown and Pokemon Purple and such wasn't about to sit around and name them all. Them registering anything doesn't necessarily mean anything at all even. There are numerous games that never get made leaked or not PT fell through and so did Scalebound the former having a playable teaser the latter a decent amount of footage and yet something happened that kept them from being released granted it's not exactly the same as the company simply changing their mind, but leaked 3-D Kanto stills and 2 names doesn't mean much of anything. Everybody knew Pokemon was going to hit the Switch sometime or another it's one of the main first party games Nintendo has and several later incarnations include the Kanto region. Heck it could just be Ash's story simply starting you in kanto and going through Aloha so while you could claim it's somewhat a remake of Pokemon Yellow, it'd have far more available content if that were the case. I don't follow Pokemon, but Eevee could be the same thing somebody surely started with Eevee at some point and they could just run through all the regions which honestly makes more logical sense than releasing new games starting in the new region. Running through the original region and releasing the new content later encourages people to play through the game to reach the new content and they're not forced to really put everything new available to the player right away which is the expectation when starting in the new region. Pokemon fans of the original series are also getting old which is definitely worth mentioning so going back to old games as a starting point brings some nostalgia value to people that have put aside their pokeballs and that can be shown when people get excited over remakes of their favorite regions more so than the full new releases. A lot of the old pokemon are falling far behind in either skills or stats as well not saying it's practical per say, but a Switch release would be the perfect opportunity to re-vamp older Pokemon and improve them in some way shape or form so people can go back to their old favorites that might have been left behind from the natural power creep which is sometimes done in various online card games which I feel is a pretty fair comparison to how Pokemon is done, never-mind that they released a Pokemon card game fairly early on in Pokemon's evolution as a sort of natural addition to the game. It's worth mentioning that they already kind of did this at least once before releasing new evolutions.

Okay I have no idea how this whole shpeel is relevant to what I said but what I meant was:

1. Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee leaks happen.
  2. Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee domains get registered.

Them happening in that order is what matters. Yes, I know that domains get registered without being used, but the fact that someone put these names out there before they were registered is notable because they're not something easy to guess. If the domains had been registered first then the leaks wouldn't really mean anything.

I agree with a lot of people who are tired of Kanto pandering, Gamefreak been doing that a lot lately. I don’t personally dislike Kanto, I’m just tired of the smothering. Also, why is Kanto being revisited? Doesn’t Kalos deserve to be revisited for lacking a 3rd version.

Anyway: If ‘this game is like Pokémon Go, it better be just the capture system be changed. If the battle system is like Pokémon Go, I’m not playing. Also, if this a pseudo remake of Yellow, we would should be able to go to Johto. I see no reason why Johto can’t be accessed. 

Overall, from a business stand point, yes, this game makes sense. There trying to bring players who played Go into the series via implementing controls as well as the original 151 mons. It makes sense, but I would have preferred a Diamond and Pearl remake since Pearl was the 1st game I ever owned.

I have a very hard time imagining these new games are going to be restricted to the original 151. They didn't even do that in FireRed/LeafGreen or the revisit to Kanto in the Johto games. It's more if we'll see Kanto regional variants, if new Pokémon will be chilling out like normal, or if it'll be a repeat of the Sevii Islands expanding the dex.

I think that, if Eevee can evolve, that's a HUGE nerf to it's potential if we're locked into the original 3 Eeveelutions (and I think it would be a bit disconcerting if Eevee is locked out of it's happiness Eeveelutions.

3 hours ago, Altrosa said:

I have a very hard time imagining these new games are going to be restricted to the original 151. They didn't even do that in FireRed/LeafGreen or the revisit to Kanto in the Johto games. It's more if we'll see Kanto regional variants, if new Pokémon will be chilling out like normal, or if it'll be a repeat of the Sevii Islands expanding the dex.

I think that, if Eevee can evolve, that's a HUGE nerf to it's potential if we're locked into the original 3 Eeveelutions (and I think it would be a bit disconcerting if Eevee is locked out of it's happiness Eeveelutions.

FRLG's main goal was to obtain all the old Pokémon that you couldn't get in Ruby and Sapphire, since you couldn't exchange with previus version.

Actually, with those new games, we may end up on a similar situation. Transfer between Poké Bank and the Switch won't happens immediately. evolutions of the original Pokémon is a given, and probably soem way to obtain other fan favourite as well.

My guess is that if they do revisit Kanto, they're definitely going to expand upon it, especially now that they have the system of being able to make different patches of grass on the same route have different, specific pokemon in them versus them all being the same. My question is just what are the exclusives gonna be like, cuz if it's like Yellow (at least the pikachu version), then I'm not getting that haha. I like me some weezing, persian and Jynx.

Also I hope they don't make Jynx, Farfetch'd, Lickitung, etc. all trade-only and make 'em actually obtainable in the wild.