Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go

Water Mage

Okay, let's get on track here and gather what we know that isn't an actual leak, but plays into the leaked info we have:

Pokémon's next game was already confirmed for Switch last year, but we were told to wait til closer to 2019. 

Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu and Eevee have official web domain names registered by CSC Corporate Domains, who did the same for Sun and Moon pre-reveal. A few days later, similar domains (like just "letsgoeevee") are snapped up from third parties to CSC's care.

About a month ago, an interview with Pikachu's original character designer, Atsuko Nishida, and a few other Gamefreak employees revealed Gorochu, a cut evolution for Raichu from Gen 1. (this happened before an leaking occured, Gamefreak brought it up themselves)

Last November, an official Eevee themed Twitter account was made and it's been updated almost daily since.

Eevee has had a massive merchandise push in the past couple years.

New merch lines, such as the Salko Soda tie-in, star both Pikachu and Eevee.

Gamefreak's corporate site has Pikachu and Eevee on the top banner.

The Pokémon movies have shifted from being side adventures to the main series to being a reboot of Ash's adventure and a new entry point for the animated side of the franchise. The next one has a focus on a new trainer Ash helps in catching her first Pokémon, an Eevee.

Red and Blue were featured in Gen 7's Sun and Moon, but are much older and have resolved any animosity from their rivalry as children.

Ultra Sun and Moon have a special post game episode staring a reformed Team Rocket, with all former evil team leaders, and is lead by Giovanni.

At the end of each of these games, Lillie (SuMo) or Gladion (USUM) leave for Kanto to become strong trainers. Our trainer is originally from Kanto.

Data miners discovered walking and running animations in the Gen 7 mainline games, the vasy majority going entirely unused, but fully rendered and complete for every single Pokémon, even including Mega evolutions.

Data miners also discover Pokémon could be registered as having come from Pokémon Go, despite the ability to transfer from Go never being implemented.

Counter arguments:

Gamefreak and Nintendo own trademarks to Pokémon titles that amounted to nothing, such as Topaz, Grey, or Brown version. They also have a history of shutting down major fan game projects. Since the sites were bought AFTER the first leaks, this could be them similarly covering themselves in case someone tries to make these into actual games.

Eevee's always been super popular. Gamefreak going the extra mile to cash in is good business sense and may mean nothing more.

Creatures Inc may have made the walking and running animations for each mon just to cover their bases as they have made the models as future proof as possible. Some are used in Gen 7 scenes and the overworld.

Kanto's always been a fan favorite, so it being all over Gen 7 could mean little beyond a ton a references to try to get older fans eased in.

Go integration was unfinished, and every game has unfinished data remaining.

Edited by Altrosa

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been a leak with a picture of the protagonists and rival, but for some reason it doesn’t appear here. If someone could post them here, it would really help.

Also copied this from a tweet:

RUMOR - take this with a grain of salt: - Let’s Go Protoganists are Blue’s Children - Rival is Red’s son on a spiritual journey on behalf of his father - pokeball hand poses look like G and O - Pika/Eevee get new evolutions

http://clipsg.com/video/pokemon-switch-new-rumours-new-trainer-art-debu_sg_OcoRuvnDljA.html

This is the best I can do. It's a video of a guy showing how these designs are possibly fake.

I kinda hope they are. The Red kid looks cool, but the two protag trainers look meh imo. I like the girl's outfit, but not so much the rest of her.

I don't believe any leak about Let's go Pikachu and Eevee (Or the existance of the games in general) until we get official confirmation from gamefreak.

Oooh, I really like that female trainer design. 

If these are Blue and Red's kids, one, holy shit we have dad's again but I wanna know who our mothers are, two, this sets the next game about 20 to 30 ish years after Gen 1. 

Actually, this may mean that the boys were in Alola during the "catastrophe" that wrecked Kanto, and that would also nick the idea Lillie or Gladion are our rivals.

Edited by Altrosa

I'd like it if Leaf was one of the moms... It feels like GF just forgot about her simply because Red was the "original" in RBY. But I always thought Leaf was cute. Besides, older Red in Alola is definitely an older version of the FR/LG design, not the original RBY one.

Though this is assuming these leaks are true, of course.

23 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Now the Eevee twitter account is telling the weird little runt to "rest and prepare for tomorrow"

I want a game announcement but the jerk in me wants it to be bait and what we're really getting is just another flood of cute Eevee pictures.

I don't know anymore with all of these rumors.

One part of me says that a Pokemon Direct is coming soon. The other part of me is saying that it'll happen at E3. The third part of me is saying that Game Freak tends to operate on their own sometimes, like last year how they had a Pokemon Direct the week before E3. I don't know if the "prepare for tomorrow" thing from the Eevee twitter means anything but we'll find out tomorrow, i guess. 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Hey guys

Eevee pics or game announcement is a can't lose scenario. But now I'm starting to think even the former is a false hope. At the time that tweet was posted it was Sunday night (in Japan), so they were probably telling Eevee to rest up for Monday as in the start of a new week. Cute, but not hype train friendly.

...This means Tracey replaced Willow. Heh. That's kinda funny. Willow got replaced with a guy that was always outside before! Tracey is a Pokemon watcher and was always traveling about watching and making sketches of Pokemon. Though this only counts for the anime, as Tracey doesn't exist in the games. But it's still funny and food for thought. :P

And yeah, I wouldn't put much stock in that tweet.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

More clarification on the Eevee tweet

Neat, I like learning about Japanese wordplays.

Although why is Mrs. Xeno tweeting about Pokemon? Does she have anything to do with the games? Don't tell me Nopon are actually Pokemon, or they're making Telethia into Psychic Dragons.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although why is Mrs. Xeno tweeting about Pokemon? Does she have anything to do with the games? Don't tell me Nopon are actually Pokemon, or they're making Telethia into Psychic Dragons.

Probably because these rumors have even reached Japan and she's got a decent amount of English followers.

Though Telethia as Psychic/Dragon Types. Their Ability is Soul Read and it allows them to always dodge the first attack move, even if it's something like Aura Sphere where it never misses. That totally won't be broken in competitive.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Probably because these rumors have even reached Japan and she's got a decent amount of English followers.

Though Telethia as Psychic/Dragon Types. Their Ability is Soul Read and it allows them to always dodge the first attack move, even if it's something like Aura Sphere where it never misses. That totally won't be broken in competitive.

Mimikkyu's Disguise ability, and let me tell you, it's as broken as you think.

BTW, tomorrow has come and gone in Japan, so a Monday announcement is past. I wouldn't think it'd be today anyway being Memorial Day and Nintendo and the Pokémon Company's US branches are likely off work.

Edited by Altrosa

2 hours ago, Altrosa said:

Mimikkyu's Disguise ability, and let me tell you, it's as broken as you think.

Oh that's right, that does exist. I completely forgot about Mimikyu.

In my defense, it's been over a year since i've played Pokemon.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh that's right, that does exist. I completely forgot about Mimikyu.

In my defense, it's been over a year since i've played Pokemon.

You're fine. I've been using one, and she's pretty much my wall against all the Dark types in Ultra Moon. She's eaten quite a few Z-moves with her Disguise.

Sorry to double post, but now a morning variety show in Japan, Oha Suta, is tweeting they'll have "shocking" Pokémon news to reveal on May 31.

Serebii's lead, on his regular twitter, however, claims they won't be the first bit of info.

IT'S HAPPENING

Hmm, seems like this could be big.

I would prefer if we got a Pokémon Direct though. Are we going to learn about this from Twitter, like how Pac-Man was announced for Smash 4?

Edited by Lightchao42

This whole situation felt oddly familiar. In the middle of typing out "What if it's just spinoff/mobile games" and then checked the pokemon twitter for Pokemon Quest. A free to play Switch(?) game. Looks like...that pokemon game where your guys are toy versions of pokemon smacking each other. Only now the aesthetic is Minecraft.

This is apparently a long conference with multiple announcements, so no need to give up hope yet?

Edited by Glennstavos