Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go

Water Mage

17 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

My guess is that if they do revisit Kanto, they're definitely going to expand upon it, especially now that they have the system of being able to make different patches of grass on the same route have different, specific pokemon in them versus them all being the same. My question is just what are the exclusives gonna be like, cuz if it's like Yellow (at least the pikachu version), then I'm not getting that haha. I like me some weezing, persian and Jynx.

Also I hope they don't make Jynx, Farfetch'd, Lickitung, etc. all trade-only and make 'em actually obtainable in the wild.

Don't forget Mr. Mime. All the others have been available in the wild in some way (Jynx is apparently found in the wild in Japanese Blue's Seafoam Island), but never Mr. MIme (not counting the gen 2 games here) You can actually find Farfetched and Lickitung. in the wild in Yellow. Lickitung itself  in the wild (Lickitung is only available in the Cerulean Cave here) can actually be traded for Dugtrio.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tamanoir said:

Don't forget Mr. Mime. All the others have been available in the wild in some way (Jynx is apparently found in the wild in Japanese Blue's Seafoam Island), but never Mr. MIme (not counting the gen 2 games here) You can actually find Farfetched and Lickitung. in the wild in Yellow. Lickitung itself  in the wild (Lickitung is only available in the Cerulean Cave here) can actually be traded for Dugtrio.

Oh yeah you're right. I always forget about those changes in Yellow (which is presumably what the leak is related to) - I was thinking in terms of Western Red/Blue. My b.

I forgot about the Sevii Islands. I actually really enjoyed them. If they make a return and look awesome enough, I might actually get this after all, assuming it is real.

The more I think about, the more these feel like spiritual successors than either Yellow/Pikachu Version remakes or sequels.

But the Let's Go! Pikachu title has the usual trend of a remake being the original title with a new, eye-catching prefix. 

I really don't care if these are Gen VII or VIII as much as I do if these are main-line RPGs or a set of spin-offs. 

Apparently there are rumors that only the original 151 will appear.

I find that unlikely for 3 reasons:

-Previous remakes had Pokemon introduced in later Generations.

-The leak is from 4chan

-More Pokemon means more merchandise to sell.

18 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Apparently there are rumors that only the original 151 will appear.

I find that unlikely for 3 reasons:

-Previous remakes had Pokemon introduced in later Generations.

-The leak is from 4chan

-More Pokemon means more merchandise to sell.

I really hope this turns out to be untrue. Going back to Kanto is fine in my book, but severely limiting the list of Pokemon purely to pander to gen 1/Pokemon Go fans is something I don't like seeing.

8 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I really hope this turns out to be untrue. Going back to Kanto is fine in my book, but severely limiting the list of Pokemon purely to pander to gen 1/Pokemon Go fans is something I don't like seeing.

Yeah, this.

And it isn't even really pandering to GO fans because GO has gens 1-3 now and 4 is on the way. And some GO players left for reasons totally different than what Pokemon were available. So GF is totally blind if they think GO fans only like the first 151.

I'm personally not a big fan of the original 151 aside from a few designs. Ponyta and Rapidash are my favorite non-legendary Pokemon and I like the Eevees, most specifically Eevee itself and Flareon (my favorite Eeveelution). Also Vulpix and Ninetales. And Mew, Articuno, and Moltres.

Also, why throw away the other 700+ Pokemon like that?

Just...nothing makes sense to me about this.

Edited by Anacybele

If that leak is real (and i doubt because it's incredibly stupid), then that'll mean two things

1. Game Freak has sucked Gen 1's dick beyond redemption
  2. They'll lose my respect and it's gonna take a massive amount of work to earn it back.

I kept thinking, and I came up with reasons as to why it would be only the original 151.

-It would like Go, and would eventually add more generations later(unlikely)

-They completely revamped the battle system and perhaps more than 151 is to much for the game(very unlikely)

-Pokemon from other generations appeared in ORAS before postgame, specifically Victory Road, and from what I remember, a lot of people reacted really negatively to it, so Game Freak may be under the impression that people don’t want Pokemon from future generations in remakes(likely)

I’m still very doubtful of this leak though.

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

-Pokemon from other generations appeared in ORAS before postgame, specifically Victory Road, and from what I remember, a lot of people reacted really negatively to it, so Game Freak may be under the impression that people don’t want Pokemon from future generations in remakes(likely)

Why would people have reacted negatively to that when they also complained about no pre-gen 5 Pokemon being in BW until the post-game? This doesn't make sense.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

-They completely revamped the battle system and perhaps more than 151 is to much for the game(very unlikely)

That was my first thought as well. It takes almost nothing to port over previous pokemon to a new game since they've always been dilligent about modelling and animating pokemon in a 3D space. From Stadium, to the two Gamecube pokemon games, to Battle Revolution, to Pokedex 3D when no Gen 5 console battling game was made, and then Gen 6 finally transitioned to 3D. But if the battle system changed to something not turn based, a lot more work would be necessary. We know they've been making walk animations for all the pokemon, including megas. But mega pokemon don't exist outside battle, so a more active battle system that incorporates movement around a battlefield could be in the works.

I’m still very doubtful of this leak though.

why anybody's reporting on this icky, damaging rumor at all is because it comes from the same (4chan) source that gave us the initial details on Let's Go, which most people are taking to be true. I don't want to make predictions about the "disruptive new pokemon game" since that's what people were anticipating with Sun and Moon. But now I'm not so sure this game will be a slam dunk. This reveal had better come soon.

So.. How was it formulated exactly ? Do we have the original 4chan post.
Because what we have here is a grapevine. The report of a rumor. Ideal to lose all the sense of the original meaning.

Because... jumping from "only Kanto Pokémon" to "just 151" sems a little wirid. Something similar to HGSS Johto Dex (Pokémon that "naturally" evolves through moveset are presents, while the ones that evolves through stones or Items aren't) makes far more sense. Not having Crobat and Blissey ( or Lickiliky and Tangrowth) would just makes no sense.
I know they already made this once, but they never did it again. Because it's simply stupid. Having Magneton evolves into Magnezone on route 10 would be really great, but that's not imperative.
And if there are some

And if you really want to play semantics, Kanto and Johto Pkémon are basically undistinguishable. Houndoor, Slugma and Murkrow are Kanto Pokémon, for all intent or purpose.

If you take this simply as it is, it's not a news but simply the evidence. Having a smaller dex, and focusing primarily on Kanto Pokémon for a remake/reboot/Reimagining makes sense.  Adding 1 or 2 Johto Pokémon... Why not ? Especially if thei reintroduce Sevii Island. But all the others before Post Game, and/or through some kind of Safari Zone, was never an obligation on their part (though Gen 4 Pokémon would have been nice, not gonna lie.).

Unless you show me clear evidence that I'm wrong, it's how I chose to interpret this.

Only the original 151? So that means they're cutting out some of the evolutions for the two title Pokemon. Pichu for Pikachu, and Umbreon, Espeon, Glaceon, Leafeon and Sylveon for Eevee. Highly unlikely.

Game Freak aren't that stupid, surely.

As for my personal opinion on this...I don't want it. I have a lot of favourite Pokemon, most being from regions not called Kanto, plus Kanto is just so...so...I hate to use this word, but it's so bland compared to the other regions, yes, we have the Sevii Islands, but Sinnoh had the Battle Resort and Iron Island. Hoenn had diving areas, the Battle Frontier. Unova had the Pokemon World Tournament and the Dreamworld. Kalos had...pretty graphics. Alola flipped everything on its head and had a lot of places to explore. Johto let you go to Kanto.

Kanto will need some major spicing up to grab the attention of a majority of the playerbase. But who knows, they might pull a reverse G/S/C and let us go to Johto, and that'd make up for everything. Having Falkner on the Switch? ...Oh boy.

But do you know what I'm really looking forward to? Seeing how Pokemon Adventures handles this if it's true. I might finally be able to see my sweetheart Yellow again, it's been ages since she last turned up.

Edited by Lau

Hmmm, I've actually seen quite a few posts on Twitter hoping this is 151 limit is true, since it means fans that are new or fell off over time have an easy jumping in point.

I was discussing the leaks with a couple friends and one brought up the very good point that Pikachu now has access to personalized moves and items that make it outshine even Raichu. The Light Ball, Volt Tackle, 10,000,000 Thundervolt Z-move, etc. If we can access some of these at a decent stage in the game, that makes Pikachu pretty dang strong.

Eevee, however, has no such goodies aside from a personal Z-move. So, if Eevee is given a few extra goodies to jack up it's stats much like the Light Ball does for Pikachu, then the lack of evolutions may not be a big deal in the long haul. 

I'm more concerned with overall balancing since 151 has a shortage of types made in Gen II and beyond to help with the 151's overpowered Psychic and Dragon types, and underpowered Ghost, Ice, and Bug types. Getting a Dark, Steel, or Fairy is gonna be as limited.

Endgame potential in general concerns me since SuMo didn't really have one besides getting to the Battle Tree and Champion defense, and you never received a Nat Dex and the Ultra Beasts were just... around. USUM is way better, but the only other gen with an anemic endgame was.... (drumrolls) Gen I, with only Cerulean Cave and MewTwo.

So, while we are comforting ourselves with how certain entries have handled themselves with the Nat Dex and new areas, the last gen and the one being remade are the absolute worst at any sort of post champion content. Unless the default is about 200 Mons to cover new baby Pokémon and evo options to Gen I introduced later, this is a huge dig at this game's hype with the hardcore audience.

4 hours ago, Altrosa said:

Hmmm, I've actually seen quite a few posts on Twitter hoping this is 151 limit is true, since it means fans that are new or fell off over time have an easy jumping in point.

I was discussing the leaks with a couple friends and one brought up the very good point that Pikachu now has access to personalized moves and items that make it outshine even Raichu. The Light Ball, Volt Tackle, 10,000,000 Thundervolt Z-move, etc. If we can access some of these at a decent stage in the game, that makes Pikachu pretty dang strong.

Eevee, however, has no such goodies aside from a personal Z-move. So, if Eevee is given a few extra goodies to jack up it's stats much like the Light Ball does for Pikachu, then the lack of evolutions may not be a big deal in the long haul. 

I'm more concerned with overall balancing since 151 has a shortage of types made in Gen II and beyond to help with the 151's overpowered Psychic and Dragon types, and underpowered Ghost, Ice, and Bug types. Getting a Dark, Steel, or Fairy is gonna be as limited.

Endgame potential in general concerns me since SuMo didn't really have one besides getting to the Battle Tree and Champion defense, and you never received a Nat Dex and the Ultra Beasts were just... around. USUM is way better, but the only other gen with an anemic endgame was.... (drumrolls) Gen I, with only Cerulean Cave and MewTwo.

So, while we are comforting ourselves with how certain entries have handled themselves with the Nat Dex and new areas, the last gen and the one being remade are the absolute worst at any sort of post champion content. Unless the default is about 200 Mons to cover new baby Pokémon and evo options to Gen I introduced later, this is a huge dig at this game's hype with the hardcore audience.

Being able to destroy Mega Rayquaza is no small feat you know. Eevee's Z-Move + Baton Pass is one of the deadliest combo ever.

Type wise, the only issue is with Dark Type, honnestly. We do have a few Fairy Type (which adds it's own lots of issues, due to Poison being the most available type in Gen 1. Mr. Mime being top tier sounds weird to me as well, but here we are)), but there's no Dark Pokémon available (the only option would be Umbreon.) Having at least Murkrow and Houndour would be good for that reason. And while Steel Type is also really limited (possibly only Magnemite and Magneton), Bug Type is far more dangerous that it once was against Psychic, so Pinsir or Scizor can shine  (+Any X-Scissor / Leech Life user)

The lack of Post Game... Am I the only one who doesn't really care about this ? The main issue with gen 1 isn't the post game, it's the main story being really short. That's why I hope Kanto is extended in some way.

Don't forget the supposed abilty to transfer Pokémons from Pokémon GO. Aren't they already at gen 3 in that game ? It would definitely offers some more options.

1 hour ago, Tamanoir said:

Being able to destroy Mega Rayquaza is no small feat you know. Eevee's Z-Move + Baton Pass is one of the deadliest combo ever.

Type wise, the only issue is with Dark Type, honnestly. We do have a few Fairy Type (which adds it's own lots of issues, due to Poison being the most available type in Gen 1. Mr. Mime being top tier sounds weird to me as well, but here we are)), but there's no Dark Pokémon available (the only option would be Umbreon.) Having at least Murkrow and Houndour would be good for that reason. And while Steel Type is also really limited (possibly only Magnemite and Magneton), Bug Type is far more dangerous that it once was against Psychic, so Pinsir or Scizor can shine  (+Any X-Scissor / Leech Life user)

The lack of Post Game... Am I the only one who doesn't really care about this ? The main issue with gen 1 isn't the post game, it's the main story being really short. That's why I hope Kanto is extended in some way.

Don't forget the supposed abilty to transfer Pokémons from Pokémon GO. Aren't they already at gen 3 in that game ? It would definitely offers some more options.

I don't play GO. My biggest concern is the franchise expecting us all, going forward, to play both games. That's an disastrous idea as Go functions off of an entirely different ecosystem and is outright unplayable for certain people.

Under no circumstance will Go transfers act as a viable substitute to proper main game implementation. If it has to be split between games, that's fine, but GameFreak is just asking for trouble locking anything behind Go expertise. 

As for lack of post-game/end game, I think most players expect something since certain generations have fantastic post champion content (Battle Frontier, Delta Episode, the entirety of Kanto), SuMo and Gen 1 just don't XD Personally, I just think the players that enjoy that harder, more strategic, or lore fueled content deserve something, and the lack of that fun variety of stuff to hone my skills on bums me out.

Edited by Altrosa

Yeah, GO is not viable as the sole option for getting Pokemon from other gens. It still lacks gens 4-7 (though Alolan forms are coming to the game soon) and not everyone plays GO. And even some that do and a lot, like me, can't find certain Pokemon. Fire types are extremely rare for me, for example (sucks because Fire is my favorite type). Dragons are very hard to find too. I don't see many Poison, Fairy, Ice, Steel, Dark, or Psychic types either, though I see a couple sometimes.

The one thing that really scares me about this rumor is the Pokemon Go elements. For the love of all that is holy, I do not want any of the mechanics in mainline Pokemon games to be replaced with Go mechanics, including the capture system.

There's been another "leak."

Link to discussed 4chan notes.

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/35623978 

Kanto's been completely wrecked from a catastrophe, so much of old Kanto's been destroyed and rebuilt, and our trainer is getting started long afterwards, with Red and Blue being much older. 

We do have new mons, but it's similar to Gen 4 in that most are new evos to old mons. 

The Pokemon Go integration is mostly just porting in Go caught mons and the act of catching, which is now harder. Pokeballs are cheaper to balance it.

We get to choose a regular starter, with our version dictating a special gifted Pokémon in the story. Everyone can follow you outside the ball again.

New villian team. Much deeper motivations, but the leaker seems questionably at a loss on said motivations despite them being deeply entwined to the story. Theme is "Silver."

Lot's of version differences.

Johto is there, and there is another area we'll get to explore.

There are a bunch more details in the leak, but these are the most impactful, I think.

It sounds freaking amazing, so it's probably fake :lol:

The thing that I'm most intrigued about is this villian team. It's not Team Rocket, but silver? That can mean two things, Mt Silver, where the Pokémon League is located and that super battle in Johto with Red, or our former Johto rival and son of Giovanni, Silver. Did something happen to Silver?

Edited by Altrosa

That’s sounds pretty amazing, and thinking about it, in the original G/S/C games, in order to justify Kanto being smaller, a lot “bad things” happened to the region. Such as Cinnabar being destroyed, Viridian Forest being cut down, Cerulan Cave collapsing, Safari Zone closing, Undergound Passages being closed off, Pokemon Tower being replaced and so on. So Kanto being destroyed by a catastrophe is actually pretty fitting. The region is actually damn unlucky.

But yeah, because it sounds so awesome, it’s probably fake.

Edited by Water Mage

As fake as that leak sounds, it'd actually get me to buy the game. Going back to Kanto but having it completely reconstructed would be a great way to justify a return.

The possibility of a new area to visit besides Johto is there. After all, there's just this unexplored area to the north of both regions.

Edited by Armagon