Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go

Water Mage

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

As fake as that leak sounds, it'd actually get me to buy the game. Going back to Kanto but having it completely reconstructed would be a great way to justify a return.

The possibility of a new area to visit besides Johto is there. After all, there's just this unexplored area to the north of both regions.

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

That’s sounds pretty amazing, and thinking about it, in the original G/S/C games, in order to justify Kanto being smaller, a lot “bad things” happened to the region. Such as Cinnabar being destroyed, Viridian Forest being cut down, Cerulan Cave collapsing, Safari Zone closing, Undergound Passages being closed off, Pokemon Tower being replaced and so on. So Kanto being destroyed by a catastrophe is actually pretty fitting. The region is actually damn unlucky.

But yeah, because it sounds so awesome, it’s probably fake.

That was a part of why I've not been too worried about returning to Kanto at least in the map itself, because we're likely picking up after all of those things in Johto occured and Kanto's had time to restructure around the devastation. Familiar and new.

This new leak is cranking that to 11 and beyond. This is literally Kanto in name only and fundamentally a new region. Clever, clever.

Edited by Altrosa

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

As fake as that leak sounds, it'd actually get me to buy the game. Going back to Kanto but having it completely reconstructed would be a great way to justify a return.

The possibility of a new area to visit besides Johto is there. After all, there's just this unexplored area to the north of both regions.

Remember that Sinnoh is somewhere north of Johto (and possibly Kanto as well.)
We already knows this thanks to the Sinjoh Ruins.

Again, whatever the game ends up being, I expect lots of Sinnoh references, announcing a future DPPt remake.

Edited by Tamanoir

30 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

Remember that Sinnoh is somewhere north of Johto (and possibly Kanto as well.)
We already knows this thanks to the Sinjoh Ruins.

Sinnoh is to the north of Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. Both Kanto and Johto have this massive stretch of land that lead into who knows where to the north. Sinnoh has this narrow stretch of land to it's south that also leads to who knows where. I think it's safe to say that they connect the three regions, however, the land between them is still pretty big. Could be it's own region.

As another bit of trivia, Unova and Kalos also have land going past it's map, north in the former's case and east in the latter's.

This does sound amazing! And it actually lines up with a leak I heard about some time ago that described the ruined Kanto concept. So it may not be far off from the truth if anything. Also, I hope the DP remakes are true!

Sinnoh is based on Hokkaido, which is the very northernmost island of Japan. Also, a good frame of reference why we can't surf the Sevii Islands. Some of the areas between line up closely with spin-off titles, like Orre.

560px-Pokemon-to-real-world.png

Those "leaks" sound pretty interesting, I'll admit. I'm not inclined to believe them so early though.

I don't know how far along development is, but the leaker seems to know a lot of details for someone who just "works at Nintendo."

But who knows? Speculation is part of the fun of new games.

1 hour ago, Altrosa said:

Sinnoh is based on Hokkaido, which is the very northernmost island of Japan. Also, a good frame of reference why we can't surf the Sevii Islands. Some of the areas between line up closely with spin-off titles, like Orre.

560px-Pokemon-to-real-world.png

Yeah, also explains why Sinnoh seems to generally be colder than other regions while Hoenn is more tropical. Sinnoh is the northernmost while Hoenn is the furthest south. And the three Sevii Islands that weren't available until the post-game are the farthest away from the mainland which is the case here too.

Only thing that doesn't match is the fact there's no equivalent for the Battle Island in Sinnoh. In-game it isn't actually considered part of Sinnoh, but it was still right off the coast of Sinnoh itself and there's no such island by Hokkaido. I guess GF can improvise/add little stuff if they want though. :P

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, also explains why Sinnoh seems to generally be colder than other regions while Hoenn is more tropical. Sinnoh is the northernmost while Hoenn is the furthest south. And the three Sevii Islands that weren't available until the post-game are the farthest away from the mainland which is the case here too.

Only thing that doesn't match is the fact there's no equivalent for the Battle Island in Sinnoh. In-game it isn't actually considered part of Sinnoh, but it was still right off the coast of Sinnoh itself and there's no such island by Hokkaido. I guess GF can improvise/add little stuff if they want though. :P

There is. It's the southernmost part of Sakhalin Island.

wwii.gif

The part with the Battle Island does exist, then.

Anyway... I'd say, I'm not really feeling it for it being "Kanto after a cataclysm". I'd hope that isn't true... but who knows.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There is. It's the southernmost part of Sakhalin Island.

wwii.gif

The part with the Battle Island does exist, then.

Anyway... I'd say, I'm not really feeling it for it being "Kanto after a cataclysm". I'd hope that isn't true... but who knows.

That's still not an island by itself though, just part of one, so it's not really an equivalent imo.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's still not an island by itself though, just part of one, so it's not really an equivalent imo.

The position and shape matches, though. The game's map not showing the entire island is simply due to Sinnoh/Hokkaido being the main focus. Same way how the Pokémon League is in one of the Kuril islands.

If you want to say Sinnoh has fictional landmass, you can go better mentioning Iron, Newmoon, or Fullmoon Islands.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

The position and shape matches, though. Same way how the Pokémon League is in one of the Kuril islands.

If you want to say Sinnoh has fictional landmass, you can go better mentioning Iron, Newmoon, or Fullmoon Islands.

I saw what looked like equivalents to them in Altrosa's map though. But eh.

10 minutes ago, Florete said:

Any supposed leak that says "I'm potentially risking my job, but I had plans to leave Nintendo in a few months either way" is fake.

When I leak games I want to sound edgy af. Nothing gets people to follow you better than a resolute "Whatever"

When I first saw this, clearly fake, "leak", I leaped to conclude it was not long after the catastrophe, so I thought "Pokepocalypse"? Like Pokemon was going to go SMT, I'd side with the corrupted Pokemon League over Giovanni any day of the week by the way. But then I notice the post-rebuilding part, so not apocalypse, not that catastrophe has to equal complete grimdark end of the world.

4 hours ago, Altrosa said:

Some of the areas between line up closely with spin-off titles, like Orre.

Whatever do you mean? Care to point out where? I'm a slight Orreophile. I mean I know Japan doesn't have desert, but the shape of the region matches up with what part of Japan?

I sure hope it’s real, but my expectations say it isn’t.

I sure would love to see Silver again though. He’s one of my favorite characters in the series, and he’s even part of my username!

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Whatever do you mean? Care to point out where? I'm a slight Orreophile. I mean I know Japan doesn't have desert, but the shape of the region matches up with what part of Japan?

The oft forgotten Japanese region called "Arizona" according to this interview. My Japanese may be rusty, but I definitely seen Arizona, USA written in big Katakana symbols in the final quote.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

When I first saw this, clearly fake, "leak", I leaped to conclude it was not long after the catastrophe, so I thought "Pokepocalypse"? Like Pokemon was going to go SMT, I'd side with the corrupted Pokemon League over Giovanni any day of the week by the way. But then I notice the post-rebuilding part, so not apocalypse, not that catastrophe has to equal complete grimdark end of the world.

Interesting you mention that because aside from Orre, Kanto is arguably the most corrupt region in the Pokemon World. It’s where Team Rocket started, which is still the only evil team in the main series that is actually a criminal group. Every other evil team in the main series isn’t really a full fledged criminal organization, instead they are more like cults, and Team Skull is just a buch of thugs. And Team Rocket actually had a lot of power in Kanto, with the boss being a Gym Leader and Team Rocket controls the Game Corner(Which makes you wonder where those Pokemon given as prizes there came from).

And there’s also things like the story of Marowak’s ghost, the possessed Channelers, Blaine and Mr. Fuji’s dark past and connection to Mewtwo and the Pokemon Mansion, Celadon’s water being polluted and full of Grimers, the Power Plant being originally destroyed, a house in Cerulean being attack by a burglar, the Nugget Bridge challenge being controlled by Team Rocket, the Hypno trying to kidnap a girl in FRLG, the poaching of the Ice type Pokemon also in FRLG, Team Rocket’s attack on Silph and the fact that some Silph employees actually helped Team Rocket and defected to them and the Biker trainer class in Kanto being outright criminals. 

Considering all of that, Kanto is actually a pretty dark region in terms of story and not really a pleasant place to have a Pokemon journey.

Edited by Water Mage

Don't forget that mystery war and the curious shortage of adult males.

Kanto's storyline being based more on reality (or at least being a bit more grounded and scientific) is a part of the appeal of Gen I games, I think. 

I'd agree on Kanto being less than an ideal place when under the lens, but can't say I'd ever bought that war theory.

Only time war is mentioned, that I remember, is the one Lt. Surge participated. But considering that Gen I took place on actual Earth, and him being American, and the game being released back in the mid-1990's... sounds to me Surge was talking of the Gulf War. Then again, that's nothing really proven either, but it made sense to me.

And does Kanto really had a low amount of Adult Male NPC's in comparison to the rest? Unless you don't count the Rocket grunts, of course, but I think that's taking "Fiction's Population Density segregation to Real Life's", tying it with the war mentions, and making up a theory that doesn't really hold itself well...

So if all these leaks are false, I think the biggest bummer for me is that the games won't be announced by the end of the month as Emily Rogers had claimed. I love game announcements. It's so much easier to attach anticipation and cool theories when there's a real trailer or at least a title.

10 hours ago, Water Mage said:

It’s where Team Rocket started, which is still the only evil team in the main series that is actually a criminal group. Every other evil team in the main series isn’t really a full fledged criminal organization,

Neo Team Plasma are literally terrorists though.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd agree on Kanto being less than an ideal place when under the lens, but can't say I'd ever bought that war theory.

Only time war is mentioned, that I remember, is the one Lt. Surge participated. But considering that Gen I took place on actual Earth, and him being American, and the game being released back in the mid-1990's... sounds to me Surge was talking of the Gulf War. Then again, that's nothing really proven either, but it made sense to me.

And does Kanto really had a low amount of Adult Male NPC's in comparison to the rest? Unless you don't count the Rocket grunts, of course, but I think that's taking "Fiction's Population Density segregation to Real Life's", tying it with the war mentions, and making up a theory that doesn't really hold itself well...

It's really only a notable lack of trainers of Surge's age. Most male trainers are kids, older men, scientists, or gang members (Rocket or the Biker class). But heck, the Gulf War being the one in question makes much better sense than the convoluted war theory.

Edited by Altrosa

3 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

It's really only a notable lack of trainers of Surge's age. Most male trainers are kids, older men, or gang members (Rocket or the Biker class). But heck, the Gulf War being the one in question makes much better sense than the convoluted war theory.

Well, trainers is one thing, and even then it's probably only as a comparison. I doubt people like the Scientists, Swimmers, Fishermen, Engineers, Black Belts, etc. don't at least reach a considerable fraction of the number of older and younger trainers that appear in-game. Even then, actual NPC amount would be another thing.

19 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Interesting you mention that because aside from Orre, Kanto is arguably the most corrupt region in the Pokemon World. It’s where Team Rocket started, which is still the only evil team in the main series that is actually a criminal group. Every other evil team in the main series isn’t really a full fledged criminal organization, instead they are more like cults, and Team Skull is just a buch of thugs. And Team Rocket actually had a lot of power in Kanto, with the boss being a Gym Leader and Team Rocket controls the Game Corner(Which makes you wonder where those Pokemon given as prizes there came from).

And there’s also things like the story of Marowak’s ghost, the possessed Channelers, Blaine and Mr. Fuji’s dark past and connection to Mewtwo and the Pokemon Mansion, Celadon’s water being polluted and full of Grimers, the Power Plant being originally destroyed, a house in Cerulean being attack by a burglar, the Nugget Bridge challenge being controlled by Team Rocket, the Hypno trying to kidnap a girl in FRLG, the poaching of the Ice type Pokemon also in FRLG, Team Rocket’s attack on Silph and the fact that some Silph employees actually helped Team Rocket and defected to them and the Biker trainer class in Kanto being outright criminals. 

Considering all of that, Kanto is actually a pretty dark region in terms of story and not really a pleasant place to have a Pokemon journey.

And Johto isn't much better. You can steal Pokémon in this game after all (Kenya and Shuckie.)