My mom doesn't approve of me doing cold showers

One time when I still lived with my parents I decided to take a shower at 3 am. Mom was pissed, she heard the shower running and it woke her up and once she's up she can't fall back asleep. Moving into my own apartment was the best thing that ever happened to me, now I can shower at the ass crack of dawn and nobody cares.

Yeah. I have a mom/shower story too.

6 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

One time when I still lived with my parents I decided to take a shower at 3 am. Mom was pissed, she heard the shower running and it woke her up and once she's up she can't fall back asleep. Moving into my own apartment was the best thing that ever happened to me, now I can shower at the ass crack of dawn and nobody cares.

Yeah. I have a mom/shower story too.

I had the apartment for myself more often than not about a month ago. Same thing...I would have 4 a.m showers like it's nothing. :d

I mean, ok, I can never take cold showers. It feels unnatural. But I don't judge the brave souls who can.

Aren't cold showers the most beneficial for your health? It doesn't dry out your skin as much and you burn more calories while showering because your body has to work harder to regulate its temperature. Could be a simple hack for those trying to lose weight.

Knowing this, I forget to take cooler showers and have it hot af half the time.

I only like cold shower in the summer.

I'll turn into a Glaceon if I even dare to take one in the winter.

8 hours ago, Heruseus said:

I mean, ok, I can never take cold showers. It feels unnatural. But I don't judge the brave souls who can.

It's arguably about as natural...most people probably had to boil water to bathe.

7 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Aren't cold showers the most beneficial for your health? It doesn't dry out your skin as much and you burn more calories while showering because your body has to work harder to regulate its temperature. Could be a simple hack for those trying to lose weight.

Something like that, yeah. Regarding burning calories, I haven't experienced much in that aspect (maybe because I'm considerably lean as it is). Might apply wish individuals with more fluff on them.

As to the actual benefits, I feel as it changes your mind a bit. I'm not as anxious as I used to be, and it also makes me less reactive to things I would've otherwise feel the opposite. For men, it apparently helps produce more testosterone, which is another benefit I look into.

4 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

For real though, I don't like freezing showers, I keep it warm, in the middle.

The middle isn't warm. :awesome:

2 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

My mother used to get mad at me for taking showers that were "too hot".  She would be mad that the bathroom was steamy after (isn't that normal?).

It's actually really normal, yeah.

2 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

But a cold shower is the only way to wash the sun away

Slowly washing away the filth in my soul...

14 hours ago, Belisarius said:

how does your mom know what temperature your showers are

i feel like some context is needed

well it helps that for the past 8 months there's absolutely no steam after taking a shower, the fact the thermostat thing doesn't turn on

and or the possible reaffirmation when asked, I outright admitted it

Maybe. 

On 5/17/2018 at 12:16 AM, Dandy Druid said:

This is technically true, but the effect is so insignificant that it makes no difference.

1 hour ago, SCP-073 "Cain" said:

This is technically true, but the effect is so insignificant that it makes no difference.

Yep pretty much.

The only real benefit I get from cold showers is that I'm a lot quicker to get out, which is helpful since I'm in a limited water area.