Question on the first dragons

Alright, so I have a question for everyone:

So, I found an odd statement on the other FE wiki. On this link, it straight up says that Anankos was revered as the Dawn and Dusk Dragon in Hoshido and Nohr respectively, a statement not corroborated with any source. It's doubled down on in their article for Anankos as well.

Now I know that the Wikia wiki has its issues, but it doesn't have such a massive stretch and it's bugged me enough to make this topic. Is there a more accurate source on this and the First Dragons in general? Where would this kind of statement come from?

Edited by Dayni

I think it stems from the opening of Chapter 19 of Revelation, which is slightly more vague in the Japanese version.

When explaining Anankos, Azura says along the lines of:

"That [referring to the statue]... is the Silent Dragon Anankos.
The Dawn Dragon of Hoshido,
the Dusk Dragon of Nohr...
and the Silent Dragon Anankos of Valla."

Japanese as a language is really context-heavy, so there are a few ways one could interpret Azura's speech. One of the possible interpretations is that all three dragons are Anankos. However, if you read the rest of the dialogue (when Xander asks why Garon was worshiping the Silent Dragon), it seems more like the three dragons are all separate.

To make things easier, the localisation adapted the dialogue to make it as non-vague as possible (Azura says each country has its own dragon).

No, the game never says that. It's just some fan theory nobody edited out. What the ancient texts say on the First Dragons makes no sense if Anankos is both of them, since the Nohrian and Hoshidan royals were explicably empowered by their respective dragons for use in their conflicts against each other.

Once dragons fought against each

other using humans as pawns

They empowered their pawns

with drops of their own blood

In time the dragonblooded humans

became royalty even as the

dragons descended into beasthood

Edited by Lightchao42