New Special Heroes Incoming: Bridal Bloom (May 21 ~): Bride Sanaki, Tharja, and Ninian (Groom Marth as TT reward)

Coolmanio

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

She's a fave. I'm not ecstatic about the wedding dress, but a fave is getting an alt, so I'll be pulling.

That's good, always pull for your favorites! The FBI stuff is mostly a joke for when they put little girls (be it only appearance or age) in some questionable stuff although she doesn't look too fanservice-y but still.

Guess I'll be pulling on blue and green, but just for getting 3-4* units. Ninians the only one I want from the banner, but Sanaki can do as well

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Wait, she is? I thought she just looked like that because of being the Branded. Then again, my memory's fuzzy on that, so can you let me know where she says that?

Also, I think I can hear Rey and Belinda screaming in happiness right now. :P

Oh, and, yay, Marth! Funny to see him alongside Begnion's apostle, a dragon dancer, and a dark, creepy mage. :P

She isn't branded. She's a 10 year old human

Japan and their quirks. Kek

I'm digging Tharja's black wedding dress. The new Link and Feint skills are intriguing. Not sure who I'll pull for, but I'm leaning towards Ninian.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Wait, she is? I thought she just looked like that because of being the Branded. Then again, my memory's fuzzy on that, so can you let me know where she says that?

Well, the mechanics of the Branded aren't super clear, but I was under the impression that even if someone had blood of both laguz and beorc, only those born with the mark had the characteristics of Branded (such as longer lifespans). Besides, Branded or not, Sanaki is actually 10/13 years old (depending on game). It's said in Part 1 of RD, when Sothe and Tormod meet and discuss what's going on in Begnion. I can pull up a script later if you'd like.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Huh, I guess Erin Fitzgerald is really busy. First Olwen and now Sanaki.

She's pretty much gone full union. I highly doubt we're going to see her around here again.

Just headcanon that Sanaki is a bridesmaid or a flower girl. It still fits with the bridal theme, and that dress isn't extravagant enough for the Empress' wedding. She's clearly trying to be low key in deference to the actual bride.

While I think Sanaki is a weird choice for this banner, I heard that 13 was the age women in the medieval days were old enough to marry so I guess she was able to be in this banner, and why characters like Elise and Sakura could have S supports in Fates. Though at least the latter character could marry Hayato lol

But seriously though, Sanaki was a very, very weird choice for this banner.

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Huh, I guess Erin Fitzgerald is really busy. First Olwen and now Sanaki.

I think that she's more of a union only VA now, since she also lost her role as Noire in the Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise, and another role in this game called Elsword. She voiced this character called Elesis (I think that was her name).

Edited by Larverto

well there goes my dragon valor, well trolled game. on the plus side maybe fewer people will complain about Marth

I'm gonna hoard my orbs until they announce the June 8th heroes

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

>Bride Sanaki

What. The. Fuck.

I mean, Sanaki is one of my favorite characters in Tellius and FE in general as a whole, but ...

SHE'S THIRTEEN.

If you look at her hair, that's actually FE9 Sanaki. You know, 3 years before that. Whatever, still funny. Would've liked to see Erin Fitzgerald voice her.

Huh. At least this Tharja has a better costume (and goth bride is a neat look), so points for creativity

Hey Marth got an alt now! And axe cav! Good to give out f2p niches to people. So I guess now it's Anna that people will complain about not getting an alt?

Ninian's niche is pretty cool. Soleil's artist I think? I think her original art's better though.

Sanaki is a strange choice, but hey she'll go well with normal Sanaki's Cymbelline refine?

Guess I'm going hard on blue and red.(exactly the 2 colors I've been needing an excuse to pull too) I think Sanaki will be the first seasonal flier I don't try to get. Even if she straight outclasses Camilla I don't really know her character nor am I a pedo.

1 minute ago, Sophie said:

Do you still need to preserve your completion of the roster, Rezzy?

I'm not at 100%, and I only got regular Sanaki by accident.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

03gxSld.png

The bride we deserve, just not the bride we need right now.

Why.

Also do you think I'm pleased in seeing the girl I wanted to see as a regressed 10-year old version of herself. With a less-attractive voice, too.

I think this is a good banner in terms of game representation, if only because it seems to have something for everyone save Jugdral fans.  Now my individual character opinions:

• Ninian looks rather lovely in her dress, which I guess is supposed to evoke a dragon transformation?  (Mainly Awakening's, wrong game, I know, but it's something.)  I guess a flying ranged dancer is nice, but I'm indifferent to her Skills.
  • Oh, good grief, Sanaki...  First of all, how in the actual f*** did I know there was going to be a loli in this banner?  Maybe if she wasn't actually wearing a wedding gown, I'd be okay with it, but this kind of discomforts me.  I feel like if IS is trying to pander to the lolicon crowd, they're looking in the wrong continent.  At least Nowi has the excuse of being chronologically 1000+ years old.  This just baffles me.  But I do like Def/Res Link.  Maybe if I pull her I can give it to one of my armors.
  • I can't believe I'm saying this, but Tharja might actually be my favorite out of these.  She looked like one of the possible characters in the silhouette teaser, which made me curious about what Plegian wedding attire would look like.  I can't say I'm disappointed in the results.  I'll have to think more about what I can do with Spd Feint.

Also, good for people who wanted Groom!Marth.  I think more grooms would have been more interesting, but this is a start.

18 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

>Bride Sanaki

What. The. Fuck.

I mean, Sanaki is one of my favorite characters in Tellius and FE in general as a whole, but ...

SHE'S THIRTEEN.

If I remember correctly, Caeda is 14 in Shadow Dragon. Which her bridal version is based off and Lyn's actual age is 15-16. 

Sanaki being a bride is pretty tame here. It could be worst.

3 minutes ago, Larverto said:

While I think Sanaki is a weird choice for this banner, I heard that 13 was the age women in the medieval days were old enough to marry so I guess she was able to be in this banner, and why characters like Elise and Sakura could have S-supports in Fates. Though at least the latter could marry Hayato.

That's a pretty hollow excuse. This game wasn't made in medieval times, but the 21st century. To appeal to 21st century fans. It's still all sorts of sketchy.

Anyway, logic dictates that I should go for Ninian, since the only flier mage I don't have is a blue mage flier. But dammit, too biased on faves..

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Def/Res Link huh? Well, pack it in people. They put Link in the game. It's now Super Smash Heroes.

Smite meta is about to take off too. :p

1 minute ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

If I remember correctly, Caeda is 14 in Shadow Dragon. Which her bridal version is based off and Lyn's actual age is 15-16

Sanaki being a bride is pretty tame here. It could be worst.

Caeda looks nothing like her age if that is true. Same for Lyn. I never knew this, either

Hmm...somehow I ended up getting Marth alt as a welfare unit right. As for the brides themselves...Tharja’s dress looks lovely. I can try spending some orbs for her.