New Special Heroes Incoming: Bridal Bloom (May 21 ~): Bride Sanaki, Tharja, and Ninian (Groom Marth as TT reward)

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

That's a pretty hollow excuse. This game wasn't made in medieval times, but the 21st century. To appeal to 21st century fans. It's still all sorts of sketchy.

Yeah... though the excuse people use like "it's legal in Japan" when it doesn't take place in Japan is pretty awful, too.

Other than that, she looks more like a flower girl. That's FE9 Sanaki.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Oz ♠ said:

Why.

Also do you think I'm pleased in seeing the girl I wanted to see as a regressed 10-year old version of herself. With a less-attractive voice, too.

Someone at IS certainly likes Sanaki; she's the first Tellius character to get in at all, and she's the first to get a seasonal costume.

...I'm just going to pretend that I did not see Sanaki put on a banner made for brides, because I do not want to think about why they thought that was a good idea. 

I'll probably pull for Ninian because flying dancers are always going to be good on utility alone, I just hope her speed is good.

Edited by Medeus

4 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

If I remember correctly, Caeda is 14 in Shadow Dragon. Which her bridal version is based off and Lyn's actual age is 15-16. 

Sanaki being a bride is pretty tame here. It could be worst.

The thing about Caeda and Lyn is that unless I'm recalling very wrongly here, they generally aren't treated as "kids". They just happen to be rather young. Sanaki's first introduced as a 10-year-old (and Ike calls her a child before he realizes she's the apostle), and even in RD her young age seems to be brought up. She doesn't even fight until part 4 when shit breaks loose. So that's probably why it feels more wrong. (Also, I didn't know Caeda was supposed to be 14 in SD, where is that said?)

Just now, Arthur97 said:

I wonder just how many orbs I'll save. I want a banner to spend them on!

VG banner? Stance banner?

7 minutes ago, Nanima said:

That's a pretty hollow excuse. This game wasn't made in medieval times, but the 21st century. To appeal to 21st century fans. It's still all sorts of sketchy.

True. As someone else here said, IS might have put her here to appeal to the lolicon folks over in Japan. Not sure why they'd go for Sanaki of all people though.

Edited by Larverto

I guess I'm passing again.

I like Sanaki, but she is definitely not my first choice for a Tellius alt, even if I'm glad to see a character from there get one. Also, like Sunwoo/Sangyul said. She's THIRTEEN.

I don't care for Ninian or Tharja at all. Especially Tharja.

Lyn's age was changed for localisation, but I dunno about Caeda. Probably due to breast jiggling sprite animations. Can't sexualize teenager...in America

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Someone at IS certainly likes Sanaki; she's the first Tellius character to get in at all, and she's the first to get a seasonal costume.

I just think someone at IS is really weird, which is how the whole Ayra thing happened.

welp; still waiting on an extra Charlotte and weaponry for The Weapon to Surpass Metal Gear.

10 year old bride, seems legit. Please don't loli-fy Sanaki IS...

Not a fan of the art here, Tharja's is the best of the bunch but I'm not interested in her. I'll try for the tome fliers since I still don't have any. Nice to see Marth finally get an alt too!

I don't know about the Japanese, but it seems the localization at least is trying to make Sanaki's case...as not-terrible as possible.

Title is "Apostle in White." No bride, even though the other two have 'bride' in their titles. And her quote, "This outfit is just for the festival. Don't get any weird ideas." That second sentence in particular sticks out as them trying to damage control before any damage actually happened.

I gotta admit....Tharja's artwork is actually not bad. Probably the first art of her I genuinely don't mind.

Will it be enough for me to want to get her though? Who knows, but credit due when credit is due.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, like Sunwoo/Sangyul said. She's THIRTEEN.

She's 10. lol People can't tell by her appearance that it's FE9 Sanaki?

Also, am I the only one that noticed they made Tharja extra "thicc".

Oh good, I get the only one I care about for free.  I can save my orbs and be happy with groom!Marth.  Out of the brides I only like Tharja and only then because her art appeals to the goth teen that still lurks in my heart and in my dress choices.  Now I don't feel so bad about blowing my orbs earlier.  Good luck to the people who are pulling on this banner I hope you get who you want.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

I don't know about the Japanese, but it seems the localization at least is trying to make Sanaki's case...as not-terrible as possible.

Title is "Apostle in White." No bride, even though the other two have 'bride' in their titles. And her quote, "This outfit is just for the festival. Don't get any weird ideas." That second sentence in particular sticks out as them trying to damage control before any damage actually happened.

Honestly, it's kind of like how people got a bit up in arms about Leo's "Will you act like the adult you technically are?" to Elise in Fates.

Localization probably wouldn't have had to try to make Elise seem a bit older if not for the fact that the girls in Fates actually do marry and give birth to a child (as opposed to the children coming from another world in Awakening).

Alts for Marth and Ninian!! Tharja is also looking amazing with her black dress. Marth my boi, you've finally got an alt and the moment I get you you're gonna s-support B!Caeda.

R.I.P merges for legendary Ephraim, I'm going all out on this banner unless IS pulls my leg and gives us Legendary Marth.

Wait, I thought B!Caeda takes place after book two since she gets married to Marth at the end. She's 18 by that time and it makes more sense.

1 minute ago, Oz ♠ said:

Also, am I the only one that noticed they made Tharja extra "thicc".

It doesn't say whether it's RD or PoR Sanaki, but either way, she's way too young. It's just so inappropriate I can't even...

1 minute ago, Oz ♠ said:

Doesn't really make it better though, unless Sanaki is supposed to be a flower girl here as a few people here suggested

Not super interested in any of these to be honest. I'm dying for a mage flier so I can replace Nowi, but Ninian being a ranged dancer hurts (plus I already have Airzura as a staple of my flier team) and Sanaki just doesn't appeal to me, especially when my desire to replace Nowi is to have it so I don't have that kind of character on my flier team (Sanaki may not be sexualized but come on, she's a child in a wedding dress). I'll probably still pull for Ninian at least, but not too hard.

@Rezzy I will say I am looking forward to Marth, though not as a unit: I've decided his axe belongs to the superior bride, Titania.

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

Oh good, I get the only one I care about for free.  I can save my orbs and be happy with groom!Marth.  Out of the brides I only like Tharja and only then because her art appeals to the goth teen that still lurks in my heart and in my dress choices.  Now I don't feel so bad about blowing my orbs earlier.  Good luck to the people who are pulling on this banner I hope you get who you want.

Can you really call that a dress?  It's more just a butt cape.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

花嫁姿の神使

Blatant "Bridal Apostle"

21 minutes ago, Oz ♠ said:

If you look at her hair, that's actually FE9 Sanaki. You know, 3 years before that.

Well that just makes it worse