New Special Heroes Incoming: Bridal Bloom (May 21 ~): Bride Sanaki, Tharja, and Ninian (Groom Marth as TT reward)

Coolmanio

3 minutes ago, Oz ♠ said:

She's 10. lol People can't tell by her appearance that it's FE9 Sanaki?

Also, am I the only one that noticed they made Tharja extra "thicc".

I'm just guessing most don't know exactly know how they look different

Summer Corrin's artist if I'm not mistaken. Expect her panties to fall off in her damaged artwork

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bridal units look cool and I dont mind pulling for them. But I wonder why IS did not put Groom Marth as a summonable unit, this could have earned big bucks. Maybe they did it just to calm down the community.

8 minutes ago, Dominic the Dragon said:

Caeda looks nothing like her age if that is true. Same for Lyn. I never knew this, either

But that's more so the novelization of Shadow Dragon that tells Caeda's age is 14. But you should know. Video game characters tend to never look like their supposed age. A lot tend to be young characters, but look older. Same goes for characters that look younger, but are older.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The thing about Caeda and Lyn is that unless I'm recalling very wrongly here, they generally aren't treated as "kids". They just happen to be rather young. Sanaki's first introduced as a 10-year-old (and Ike calls her a child before he realizes she's the apostle), and even in RD her young age seems to be brought up. She doesn't even fight until part 4 when shit breaks loose. So that's probably why it feels more wrong. (Also, I didn't know Caeda was supposed to be 14 in SD, where is that said?)

Yeah, true. But overall, I'll say Sanaki as a choice in the banner doesn't really make all that much sense. She's really random and out of place.... Tharja and Ninian make sense though. Caeda's age was stated in the novelization of Shadow Dragon by Takayashiki Hideo. She's 14 in Shadow Dragon, but 18 in Mystery of the Emblem. I don't know if it's canon, but it's any sorta of media confirmation on her age.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

So yeah, the localization doing what they can with what they were given.

The quote is the same in Japanese, but here Sanaki says it more in an "embarassed tsundere" kind of way... So yeah, you are right.

Edited by Nanima

3 minutes ago, Larverto said:

Doesn't really make it better though, unless Sanaki is supposed to be a flower girl here as a few people here suggested

If I'm not making a big deal out of it, don't know why others would. It would've been a lot worse if she got the usual treatment of skimpy/tight outfits and overgrown proportionscoughTharjacough.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It doesn't say whether it's RD or PoR Sanaki, but either way, she's way too young. It's just so inappropriate I can't even...

Well, I mean, I'm sure you'd be able to tell which one's FE9 Ike from FE10's...I know I can. lol The hair and face is a dead giveaway to me. And for whatever it's worth, her figure seems significantly childish.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess I'm passing again.

I like Sanaki, but she is definitely not my first choice for a Tellius alt, even if I'm glad to see a character from there get one. Also, like Sunwoo/Sangyul said. She's THIRTEEN.

I don't care for Ninian or Tharja at all. Especially Tharja.

Well, you care for Tharja in that you hate her. :P

Well, the best thing to come out of this banner is Marth being a free groom unit. Once we recruit him from the tempest, groom Marth and bride Caeda can be together in their marriage attire like the original FE couple that they are.

2 minutes ago, Oz ♠ said:

Well, I mean, I'm sure you'd be able to tell which one's FE9 Ike from FE10's...I know I can. lol The hair and face is a dead giveaway to me. And for whatever it's worth, her figure seems significantly childish.

PoR Ike and RD Ike have more noticeable differences than Sanaki.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

The difference to me is night and day.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Sanaki doesn't really seem noticably different compared to the likes of Ike, Boyd and Sothe under the same time frame.

Edited by NoirCore

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Can you really call that a dress?  It's more just a butt cape.

There is cloth in the front her skirt has side splits to show off her legs, but she does have a skirt in front as well.  I am skipping this banner, since there are no grooms but I like Tharja's art in this one better then her other art and goth skirts and dresses for that matter can be very different in style the normal versions of clothing.  

11 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

花嫁姿の神使

Blatant "Bridal Apostle"

In related news, Fire Emblem Heroes is now rated AO.

9 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

The bridal units look cool and I dont mind pulling for them. But I wonder why IS did not put Groom Marth as a summonable unit, this could have earned big bucks. Maybe they did it just to calm down the community.

I guess they thought females don't like fanservice, too.  Heck, if you want Tellius rep, throw Ike on the Banner.  He's the most popular guy in the series.

Just now, Rezzy said:

In related news, Fire Emblem Heroes is now rated AO.

More like "illegal in the United States" tbh.

This is one of the few things I hate about Japan: Their lax attitude towards this.

Good gosh don't get me started about how conflicted I feel about Rurouni Kenshin now.

Glad we're getting Groom Marth for free. Now I can put him on a team with Bride Caeda... though now I may have to build up Bride Caeda.

Also, I really mostly want Sanaki from this banner. Ninian's cute, and Tharja... well, SPD Feint looks interesting, but Sanaki looks like she'll have high ATK, which will be a nice change from my Bunny Camilla, and DEF/RES Link looks nice too.

Final thought: If the next Voting Gauntlet is 2018 Brides vs 2017 Brides, who's gonna be the 8th character? Anna? Regular Marth? Someone random like Faye?

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Yeah, Sanaki doesn't really seem noticably different compared to the likes of Ike, Boyd and Sothe under the same time frame.

I can't tell the difference in Sothe.

What's a butt cape.

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Final thought: If the next Voting Gauntlet is 2018 Brides vs 2017 Brides, who's gonna be the 8th character? Anna? Regular Marth? Someone random like Faye?

Ryoma

18 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Summer Corrin's artist if I'm not mistaken. Expect her panties to fall off in her damaged artwork

I think she had underwear underneath her skirt...

OMG SANAKI MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER IS GETTING AN ALT OMFG I DONT CARE THAT SHE'S A BRIDE EVEN IF THIS WAS ELISE OR SOMETHING I LOVE THIS AND I WILL PULL FOR THIS.

Tharja's black dress looks really nice, and Ninian looks adorable in that dress. And Groom Marth <3 I really need his art right now. But yes totally pulling for Sanaki. I love her. Get out of my face with ''But she's thirteen'' shit.

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

More like "illegal in the United States" tbh.

This is one of the few things I hate about Japan: Their lax attitude towards this.

Good gosh don't get me started about how conflicted I feel about Rurouni Kenshin now.

You and me both, I was tempted to toss out my Mangas when I heard the news

10 year old Sanaki as a blushing bride?  Bride Apostle?  I like the character of Sanaki, but eww just gross.  What is even worse is unlike Nowi, Sanaki in her games isn't fanservicey at all, so now they just made her jailbait in the banner cause loli bring the money?  I assume so.  Shame seems this Sanaki would go well with my Sanaki with cymbeline refine, plus I don't have any flier mages yet.  Hard to support something so sinister though.  

Ninian is the only one without a PRF right?  Flying mage though.  Some new skills here that seem interesting.  Tharja's art is the best of the three, but I have more than enough red infantry mages.

Marth gets shafted again.  His first alt, and he is a free unit.  No IVs.  Limited merges.  Likely won't be very powerful.  Do like that he is axe cavalry, I don't have a single 5 star axe horse, and my only 5 star horse green is Gunnthra.  He could be someone for a 2nd horse team.  

Honestly this banner isn't very exciting for me, one full pull and that's it.  Besides it will be up for a month so if one of them is some S tier meta breaker, still can wait to see legendary banner and next new heroes banner before going in on this.

34 minutes ago, Nanima said:

That's a pretty hollow excuse. This game wasn't made in medieval times, but the 21st century. To appeal to 21st century fans. It's still all sorts of sketchy.

Anyway, logic dictates that I should go for Ninian, since the only flier mage I don't have is a blue mage flier. But dammit, too biased on faves..

Considering how the games act, sometimes they want to act like they take place in medieval times with medieval values, then they're suddenly very egalitarian. Also, it wouldn't be the first time something unappealing to people appears in a game taking place in a different period. Not that I'm defending the Sanaki thing though. This better be some culture gap about what a flower girl looks like or something.

~Hm... guess we now have official higher chances of getting seasonal dancers than we do dancers in the main pool.

Granted, I know there aren't that many dancers across all the games anyways, but the only new dancers we've had added to the main summoning pool were Ninian, who was probably planned for quite early in the game anyways, and Lene, who was a very recent addition.

Well anyways, I kinda like Ninian's Fresh Bouquet, at least the effect of it. Means she can operate on and off Flier Emblem. Plus if they are generous with her speed and attack growths and bases, which ranged dancer no they won't be, she can run as another dancer on Flier Emblem with Blarblade+.

~I don't get what the problem is with Sanaki. Maybe it's just because over time I've become quite indifferent to how younger-looking women are depicted in japanese media, but she doesn't even seem like that large a problem.

I am hoping they don't keep her Speed too low, so I can round out my Flier Emblem team cleanly. I also like the idea of the Link skill. Give her Reposition, and the ally will now not only be in position to wreck an enemy, but they'll also have the defense to take a hit or two from the rest of the enemy.

~Tharja... um... okay to be honest, I DO have a problem with her.

It's that she isn't getting any variety in her weapon type.

Excluding Rhajat, Tharja has always been a Red Tome mage, both in her normal form and in Winters Envoy, and now here she is again, yet again a Red Tome.

I don't particularly care too much for Tharja as a character, but I could at least stand to have her as more than just "2 different types of Red Tomes, and one seasonal variant that will more than likely power creep the original in stat performance".

Also the Feint skill... I kinda feel like should be a C skill instead of a B skill? I kinda feel the same about Def/Res Link to...

~Is Marth wielding a giant cake spatula?

Edited by Xenomata

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

You and me both, I was tempted to toss out my Mangas when I heard the news

What about them?

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

10 year old Sanaki as a blushing bride?  Bride Apostle?  I like the character of Sanaki, but eww just gross.  What is even worse is unlike Nowi, Sanaki in her games isn't fanservicey at all, so now they just made her jailbait in the banner cause loli bring the money?  I assume so.  Shame seems this Sanaki would go well with my Sanaki with cymbeline refine, plus I don't have any flier mages yet.  Hard to support something so sinister though. 

Dude, even I'm not making a big deal out of this. "jailbait loli for money"? "Fanservice"? It's a very innocent outfit. The whole thing is fairly innocent, and I'd likely be the first to jump up on it if were something as bad as you mentioned. She didn't get the usual (actual) fanservice treatment a lot of females get. Nowi legit looks 10-12 and walks around in the most unfitting and skimpy "outfits" and the only excuse 30-year old lolicons have is that she's legal under our jurisdiction.