New Special Heroes Incoming: Bridal Bloom (May 21 ~): Bride Sanaki, Tharja, and Ninian (Groom Marth as TT reward)

Coolmanio

Tharja now has Takumi syndrome. Can't remember if anyone's complained that all of Takumi's alts are colorless, though.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was expecting blow back from getting another Tharja (with the same color to boot) and it turns out it is something completely different. Regardless, I am always happy to get more flying mages. 

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

~I don't get what the problem is with Sanaki. Maybe it's just because over time I've become quite indifferent to how younger-looking women are depicted in japanese media, but she doesn't even seem like that large a problem.

The problem is that she's not a woman, she's a little girl. Even worse is that this might be PoR Sanaki, who is TEN.

1 minute ago, Oz ♠ said:

What about them?

The author was found to have... dubious, shall we say, materials of underage females. It sparked a debate by many about if you can still enjoy art if you don't like the artist/they're a terrible person. Personally, I think you can. I fucking hate 99% of Hollywood, but that hasn't stopped me from buying their shit movies. 

I guess it's fate, Groom Marth has arrived just in time to get S-supported with ...Spring Catria.

What? You thought I would put him outside of a Horse Emblem team? :P

Kind of glad there is no Bridal Anna here which means I don't have to waste orbs on this banner. Still holding out that some day they will give her an alt, preferably her Awakening and Fates incarnations. Maybe if Ninian was a cavalry dancer I might have been tempted. In the meantime I get to continue to sit on my 800+ orbs waiting for Owain and Kliff to come though I do hope there is no limit to how many orbs you can hold at a time.

I also just realized that since I have none of last years brides and I'm not pulling for any of these new ones the only bridal seasonal I'll have is Groom Marth funny enough. Glad to see the guy finally get something.

I like them all, especially BB!Ninian. She is a Dancer, flier, AND mage!

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

>Bride Sanaki

What. The. Fuck.

I mean, Sanaki is one of my favorite characters in Tellius and FE in general as a whole, but ...

SHE'S THIRTEEN.

24 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

More like "illegal in the United States" tbh.

This is one of the few things I hate about Japan: Their lax attitude towards this.

Good gosh don't get me started about how conflicted I feel about Rurouni Kenshin now.

If no real children is involved and no one gets hurt in real life, creators and their target audience can indulge in whatever they want.

Being okay with exposure to rape and genocide in fiction, but not okay with exposure to child marriages, is kind of strange.

6 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Kind of glad there is no Bridal Anna here which means I don't have to waste orbs on this banner. Still holding out that some day they will give her an alt, preferably her Awakening and Fates incarnations. Maybe if Ninian was a cavalry dancer I might have been tempted. In the meantime I get to continue to sit on my 800+ orbs waiting for Owain and Kliff to come though I do hope there is no limit to how many orbs you can hold at a time.

Her marriage goes to the highest bidder/biggest whale, so it is not like we peasants can afford her bridal alt anyways.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, is it just me or do Ninian and Sanaki's art look ... uh, not that good?

It's funny, but ... despite having two characters I like very much, I'm considering not investing too many orbs here.

I agree that Sanaki’s art isn’t that great. Her head is way out of proportion to her body. I also don’t like the idea of a child bride. Ninian’s body is too chubby. 

I’ll be aiming for Tharja first, since I lack strong red magea. Ninian will be second priority, because I already have p! Shigure and NY! Azura has a blue tome and Flying refresh unit.

These B skills are getting to creative now. Def/Res Link 3 could be amazing on rally bots and spur bots like Ephraim and B!Lucina. Tharja's one is kinda weird though. Never expected a B Skill to do these kinds of things with repositoning skills.

Oh yeah and almost forgot to mention. Why the fuck is Sanaki a bride?

Edited by Ae†her

tbh I can't be surprised by Sanaki at this point, but. Yeah.

Tharja is really unnecessary, both as another seasonal version of herself and another red tome one. At least she has a black dress instead of sharing a white one with all the others like the first bridal banner.

Ninian and Marth are sweet. I was sure we'd get some Marth alt eventually, but despite all the talk about it, I wasn't expecting Groom Marth to actually happen. Looks like he's an axe cavalry, which is especially nice, since there aren't that many available. Which is even better with him being free.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The problem is that she's not a woman, she's a little girl. Even worse is that this might be PoR Sanaki, who is TEN.

No it's definitely PoR Sanaki, the hair length perfectly matches her PoR portrait and I cannot imagine they will try to pull another Masked Lucina somehow tucking long hair away to look shorter.

Still don't see the problem though. She isn't fanservicy at ALL (and younger units in FEH tend to have much less fanservicy damaged art), and the one quote of her we have right now doesn't suggest anything besides what is being said.

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Tharja now has Takumi syndrome. Can't remember if anyone's complained that all of Takumi's alts are colorless, though.

They are. Though unlike Tharja, Takumi had one variation That was shuriken, while Tharja is all red 

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Being okay with exposure to rape and genocide in fiction, but not okay with exposure to child marriages, is kind of strange.

This is a rather dumb argument. It's not the same thing, because when rape and genocide are present in (competent) fiction they're portrayed as horrible things. The people who perpetrate them are meant to be awful people, and they're supposed to be awful things that we're not supposed to enjoy. They're meant to horrify us, to show how awful a situation is.

Child marriage or sexualization of very young characters in anime and games are generally done for the pleasure of their audience without really having a discussion on why adults marrying children this young can be damaging to a child and why it's an abuse of power on the adult's part. A piece of media that discusses child marriage respectfully and goes into the full effects of it would be okay because it's making a point. If it's just to pander to someone's fetish, it feels less okay. Things that are generally not okay can eventually be widely accepted as "not a big deal" because people are shown and told that it's "okay" so often that they are no longer sensitive to it. I'm not even just talking about child marriage here, this is relevant to a lot of ideas.

6 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Ninian’s body is too chubby.

How dare you.

Rey GTFIH.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

No it's definitely PoR Sanaki, the hair length perfectly matches her PoR portrait and I cannot imagine they will try to pull another Masked Lucina somehow tucking long hair away to look shorter.

Still don't see the problem though. She isn't fanservicy at ALL (and younger units in FEH tend to have much less fanservicy damaged art), and the one quote of her we have right now doesn't suggest anything besides what is being said.

Thank you.

Implications of child bride Sanaki are bad, but at least her art (including her damage art) are all done in relatively good taste.

Ninian is cute, I don't see what people's problem with her art is.

Tharja's design is very creative, mixing the Sorcerer outfit with the Awakening Bride outfit.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

This is a rather dumb argument. It's not the same thing, because when rape and genocide are present in (competent) fiction they're portrayed as horrible things. The people who perpetrate them are meant to be awful people, and they're supposed to be awful things that we're not supposed to enjoy. They're meant to horrify us, to show how awful a situation is.

Child marriage or sexualization of very young characters in anime and games are generally done for the pleasure of their audience without really having a discussion on why adults marrying children this young can be damaging to a child and why it's an abuse of power on the adult's part. A piece of media that discusses child marriage respectfully and goes into the full effects of it would be okay because it's making a point. If it's just to pander to someone's fetish, it feels less okay. Things that are generally not okay can eventually be widely accepted as "not a big deal" because people are shown and told that it's "okay" so often that they are no longer sensitive to it. I'm not even just talking about child marriage here, this is relevant to a lot of ideas.

Not to side with anyone, but I'm 99% sure people get off to pretty dark as shit rapey stuff on the net and they aren't raping people so I don't think it's as simple as that.

Just now, familyplayer said:

Not to side with anyone, but I'm 99% sure people get off to pretty dark as shit rapey stuff on the net and they aren't raping people so I don't think it's as simple as that.

I mean, I get what you mean, but it's a bit of a stupid argument regardless. Lumping in two horrible things with another horrible thing, and asking "why do people give a pass to these first two but not this one" is highly disingenuous.

1 minute ago, Oz ♠ said:

How dare you.

Rey GTFIH.

I mean, having an IRL wife has taught me that getting upset over every little thing on the internet will tire you out.

If that kind of thing were said to Belinda in a malicious manner, then I would not hesitate to punch them.

However, seeing as how I have mellowed out over fictional waifus... they can talk shit all they want about a character I like in a public forum. But the second they walk into my domain like my channel or whatever, they get an immediate ban lmao.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, is it just me or do Ninian and Sanaki's art look ... uh, not that good?

Enkyo’s Ninian over Kippu’s Ninian any day, every day.
But that’s just me. I am that only unfan of Kippu.

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I mean, having an IRL wife has taught me that getting upset over every little thing on the internet will tire you out.

If that kind of thing were said to Belinda in a malicious manner, then I would not hesitate to punch them.

However, seeing as how I have mellowed out over fictional waifus... they can talk shit all they want about a character I like in a public forum. But the second they walk into my domain like my channel or whatever, they get an immediate ban lmao.

I'm aware, man.

Hell, I'm not quite over my own situation and I'm still taking this lightly. Everybody making it as if it's a big deal. lol

5 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Regardless, I don't think this game is a suitable place for that kind of thing.

Sanaki...? She's not even 14 years old. I'm pretending she's a bridesmaid and that's that, nothing can change my mind from that headcanon. Bridesmaids can at least be young like that.

Meh, Tharja.

Okay, Ninian, cool, I might try and get her.

MARTH! FINALLY! It's a shame he's locked to +1, though...why must IS be so stingy with him in Heroes? Oh well, at least he's getting an alt.