New Special Heroes Incoming: Bridal Bloom (May 21 ~): Bride Sanaki, Tharja, and Ninian (Groom Marth as TT reward)

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

Which in my opinion is ridiculous.

I mean, Fire Emblem's impact on society at large is pretty minimal, but it's long been established that people's worldviews are influenced by the media they consume. This is basically the exact same thing I've been trying to convey to XRay, so you might wanna see what I've said to him above.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When a drawing of a fictional little girl cosplaying as a bride ends in politics talk and insults.....

Edited by Alexmender

If thats how you feel, thats your choice. I still disagree. I have every right to respond to you to form a discussion. And I haven't played mafia in months. I say whats on my mind. I don't care how you 'properly' debate someone. I got my point across, I hope. But I'm not going to argue with you anymore, since I find this thoroughly unpleasant.

It's fine if you disagree with me, I really don't give a shit.

It's absolutely not fine to attack my character and call me a disgusting person just because you don't like what I have to say -- especially when you didn't even read my fucking argument correctly. I say what's on my mind as well, except I know how to be polite with it.

The fact that you think it's okay to make personal attacks on my characters and you're fine with that just shows me what kind of person you are, and will be forever held against you.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

I mean, Fire Emblem's impact on society at large is pretty minimal, but it's long been established that people's worldviews are influenced by the media they consume. This is basically the exact same thing I've been trying to convey to XRay, so you might wanna see what I've said to him above.

I get that, but I think some people take things like this way too serious. It's just a fun little event. Is this really worth all this?

Just now, Sunwoo said:

The fact that you think it's okay to make personal attacks on my characters and you're fine with that just shows me what kind of person you are, and will be forever held against you.

How childish.

The way people get upset once more, sigh. Have fun with the useless bashing while I simply find Sanaki's art cute.

I'll be waiting for the stats to figure out how badly I want these units. I do want a flying blue tome for my Tactics team, but I'm not sure if a dancer would be a good pick. They do get a BST penalty and being ranged makes it maybe worse in this case; with that said, the other valid blue tome flyer is Corrin (Morgan is too slow for my liking) sooo, I guess I'll let IS decide whether I should have her or not. Sanaki will be kinda tried, as I really like her as a character, but I fear that she might not be that great as a unit. Regardless, I will pull some green with the blue if they aren't horribly bad units. Tharja looks great, but I don't really care for her nor another red mage, so I can safely pass. Curses for wasting orbs before the legendary banner arrives which might feature very appealing units.

So, even seasonal banners will only feature three units now, with the excuse being a bland TT unit as #4 (bland for me because they really never matter in Arena due to the lack of merges; they are prefectly useable, however)? At least they thought about Marth this time, which is nice.

How childish.

Pot, meet kettle. And definitely not helping your case.

Regardless, Sanaki is on the banner regardless of how I feel. What's done is done.

Edited by Sunwoo

Do some people in here not realize how media shapes the way people think? The problem isn’t that Sanaki is wearing a wedding dress. The problem is that Sanaki wearing a wedding dress is being portrayed as a good thing. Child marriage is not a good thing, but when you begin to normalize stuff like this, people will see it as less of a problem.

I don't get the coorelation between her dressing as a bride and being a bride. Lyn wasn't getting married, Cordeilia wasn't getting married, Charlotte (despite her efforts) wasn't getting married; and since Tharja, Ninian, and Sanaki haven't gotten married to a particular person, none of them are getting married here.

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

Sanaki is either A) a bridesmaid or B) playing dress-up. Even so...who else is planning on pairing up the Sanakis for owl/bond/goad shenanigans?

Me, definitly! Its like this new Sanaki was made for that!

Anyone who predicted first Tharja as a bride deserves a cookie.

I'm glad I started saving up my orbs, should've started saving up earlier. 60 orbs will not be enough I fear.

2 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

So, even seasonal banners will only feature three units now, with the excuse being a bland TT unit as #4 (bland for me because they really never matter in Arena due to the lack of merges; they are prefectly useable, however)? At least they thought about Marth this time, which is nice.

I think this time the 4th unit on the banner was another freebie called "Shitstorm".

Really though, I guess it's not too bad if the 4th unit is basically still present, just as a freebie. Though I can see why whales would prefer this not to be the case. Kinda odd to me they picked Marth to be the freebie, even as a groom. You'd think he'd still draw pretty decent sales and they'd want to capitalize on him, especially as his first alt. I guess they still expected a loli bride to do better? Just strange.

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Also, Sanaki is the ONLY one in the banner without "Bride" in her title. Unless it isn't that way in Japanese? In English, she's "Apostle in White" as compared to "Obsessive Bride" and "Bright-eyed Bride".

Someone posted the Japanese translation a few pages back and Sanaki’s title does have bride in it

1 minute ago, Garlyle said:

Anyone who predicted first Tharja as a bride deserves a cookie.

I'm glad I started saving up my orbs, should've started saving up earlier. 60 orbs will not be enough I fear.

I like that everyone (including myself) who thought the right silhouette was Tharja was wrong.. yet we still got her anyway,

11 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I get that, but I think some people take things like this way too serious. It's just a fun little event. Is this really worth all this?

It's these kinds of bad design choices that stunt the game's appeal to a wider audience. We're vocal about it because we want the developers to be better about this in the future.

11 minutes ago, Johann said:

He's not saying that child marriage in video games increases the rate of child marriage. He's saying it helps normalize child marriage.

There is a movement to limit and ban child marriage. Florida recently raised the limit to 17 I believe. It is a slow, arduous process, but it is happening.

People like Roy Moore is a problem, but he is more of a wacko on the fringe of society. He may represent Fundamentalist Christianity and religious extremism, but he is not representative of America.

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

But his rhetoric has also empowered white supremacists and racists and nasty things like that.

And they are a minority. Mainstream Republicans dislike them just as much as you and me and Democrats. Just because they got louder does not mean they got a lot more people.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I think this time the 4th unit on the banner was another freebie called "Shitstorm".

Really though, I guess it's not too bad if the 4th unit is basically still present, just as a freebie. Though I can see why whales would prefer this not to be the case. Kinda odd to me they picked Marth to be the freebie, even as a groom. You'd think he'd still draw pretty decent sales and they'd want to capitalize on him, especially as his first alt. I guess they still expected a loli bride to do better? Just strange.

I agree, Marth seems like a no-brainer to capitalize on and yet..... we got this. IS is weird sometimes.

Also, I want a Shitstorm +2 then (Witch Nowi gave us a copy as well) and the upcoming summer banner might feature Bikini Nah. Oh golly, +10 is a true possibility here.

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

It's these kinds of bad design choices that stunt the game's appeal to a wider audience. We're vocal about it because we want the developers to be better about this in the future.

Fair enough. I understand what you're saying.

Just now, XRay said:

There is a movement to limit and ban child marriage. Florida recently raised the limit to 17 I believe. It is a slow, arduous process, but it is happening.

People like Roy Moore is a problem, but he is more of a wacko on the fringe of society. He may represent Fundamentalist Christianity and religious extremism, but he is not representative of America.

Somehow I get the feeling you didn't read my link from before. Here's a snippet:

"Child marriage isn't just a practice that victimizes girls in poor countries. As this blog has previously reported, it's also long been an issue in the United States, involving girls from a wide range of backgrounds. Based on state marriage license data and other sources, advocacy groups and experts estimate that between 2000 and 2015 alone, well over 200,000 children — nearly all of them girls — were married. In nearly all cases the husband was an adult."

I definitely don't need another Blue mage (seriously, it's the most common color for tomes by far), but obviously there is worth in another dancer. I've got six of the currently nine released. I would have pulled for Marth for sure. I can't get enough of Axe cavs, got em all at 5 star. Green tome flier would be a new class for my collection. Gotta save orbs for the legendary banner since Winter Tharja is likely on it and I need her tome valor. 

OMG I WAS LITERALLY JUST THINKING THAT IF NINIAN WAS IN IT I MIGHT DROP $100 FOR HER!!! I'm so glad she's in it, also the units are from 3 separate games which gives different sets of fans something to go for, good job with this banner :)

Nintendo pretty please give her to me as a free summon I like owning money