New Special Heroes Incoming: Bridal Bloom (May 21 ~): Bride Sanaki, Tharja, and Ninian (Groom Marth as TT reward)

Coolmanio

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, silverserpent said:

Ah, didn't see it. Well...we know why that got changed for Western audiences >_>

Has anybody seen what the Japanese reaction has been?  I wonder if they're not over there like "are the dumb Westerners getting mad at something again?" Outside of actual lolicons, I'd assume they see this type of stuff in a more innocent light compared to the immediate jump to pedo stuff/actual child marriage everyone else has been having.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Has anybody seen what the Japanese reaction has been?  I wonder if they're not over there like "are the dumb Westerners getting mad at something again?" Outside of actual lolicons, I'd assume they see this type of stuff in a more innocent light compared to the immediate jump to pedo stuff/actual child marriage everyone else has been having.

Youtube isn't accurate in these kinds of things, but about a fifth is dislikes for Japanese. Not that bad for them I guess

International like/dislike ratio is overwhelmingly positive for likes.

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Lol I didn't realize this was a thing. What are people usually mad about?

@Dominic the Dragon I've kind of given up on my complete Flier collection since I didn't get Hinoka and F!Grima. Sanaki doesn't apeal much to me. Too bad the best looking unit is another red tome Tharja (infantry as well), I bet she'll get also the best lines. 

I'll do a full summon and wait for the legendary banner and the new heroes banner on 8th June to decide if I'll go for Tharja and Ninian. 

8 minutes ago, Johann said:

Somehow I get the feeling you didn't read my link from before. Here's a snippet:

It is a huge problem. That is why those laws are slowly being changed. I do not recall any state or politician on the news lately that wants to lower the age limit.

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I bet she'll get also the best lines.

This is what people should really be discussing. Christmas Tharja had totally 10/10 lines, so I can't wait to see what she has this time.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

This is what people should really be discussing. Christmas Tharja had totally 10/10 lines, so I can't wait to see what she has this time.

Japanese yes, English not so much

While I feel like my thoughts will be lost in the maelstrom that is this topic, I want to say I think it'd be best to withhold any outcry regarding Sanaki before we can read her lines. If they're creepy, then Intelligent Systems have stepped way out of line again, but if they portray it as her dressing up as she imagines her future wedding when she's an adult, then it'd be another story. 

A green flying mage is exactly what I need for my Team Overdrive, too. Sanaki, Marth and Bridaki can buff each other for days! Slap on Guidance and I'll have two super mobile bazookas ready!

Oh, Sanaki's becoming a bride? Would Tanith be okay with this?

Its always great that Sanaki gets more attention but she's definitely a weird choice. She's very young, a Telius character and she never had any scene with any sort of romantic feelings (even is she and Tormod definitely had to be shipped together)

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh, Sanaki's becoming a bride? Would Tanith be okay with this?

Its always great that Sanaki gets more attention but she's definitely a weird choice. She's very young, a Telius character and she never had any scene with any sort of romantic feelings (even is she and Tormod definitely had to be shipped together)

Finally someone else who ships Tormod and Sanaki! (Or don't you?)

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is a huge problem. That is why those laws are slowly being changed. I do not recall any state or politician on the news lately that wants to lower the age limit.

I never mentioned anyone advocating to lower the age limit, so I dunno why you bring it up. The point is that we're in 2018 and it's still legal in some form in all 50 states means that it's an ignored or unknown problem for many, and for the numbers to be that high shows that a disturbingly large amount of people are actually fine with it.

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Japanese yes, English not so much

Whaaaaat, aw, her English VA work great. She's got a lot of personality and fun lines.

You guys are aware noone is getting married here, right? Not even few hundreds years old Ninian who is almost canonically paired with Eliwood, much less anyone else.  Making issue of this is like making affair of spring banners and claim it's about genetic manipulation as everyone there want became actual  rabbit people.

Honestly society would be much better without all these wannabe moral crusaders, maybe then more energy would be spent on actual issues.

Edited by Tenzen12

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Whaaaaat, aw, her English VA work great. She's got a lot of personality and fun lines.

The Japanese AV really captures the essence of a "normal girl" while the English one just comes across as a creepy stalker. Maybe I'm just making too big of a deal with character titles

7 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

You guys are aware noone is getting married here, right? Not even few hundreds years old Ninian who is almost canonically paired with Eliwood, much less anyone else.  Making issue of this is like making affair of spring banners and claim it's about genetic manipulation as everyone there want became actual  rabbit people.

Honestly society would be much better without all these wannabe moral crusaders, maybe then more energy would be spent on actual issues.

Virtual wives/husbands are a thing. These brides are catered to players. Someone went ahead and even married a chick from a game IRL. 

Edited by silveraura25

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

The Japanese AV really captures the essence of a "normal girl" while the English one just comes across as a creepy stalker. Maybe I'm just making too big of a deal with character titles

She comes off as a creepy stalker trying to sound like a normal girl, which seems pretty perfect, to me.

Hopefully they'll be more creative than just have her mention wanting to marry Robin multiple times.

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Virtual wives/husbands are a thing. These brides are catered to players. Someone went ahead and even married a chick from a game IRL. 

If doing this makes them happy, and he's not hurting anyone else, go for it!

1) This banner should have been all grooms, IMO.  Last time it was brides, this time it should've been grooms.  I know they're pandering to demographics, but *sigh*

2) I'm still resolutely F2P, so thankfully I can save orbs instead of wasting them on this banner.  I'm tempted to summon Bride!Tharja as much as I hate Tharja...I like the art.  I'm debating whether or not I should cave :KnollRoll:

3) Does anyone know why Ninian and Sanaki were picked as the other bride units? Maybe I'm just not aware of how popular they are in the fandom or something.

4) They threw us a bone with the Groom!Marth, but I'll take it.

EDIT: The concept of IRL marrying virtual wives/husbands is making me lose faith in humanity.  No pun intended.

Edited by mewyeon

22 minutes ago, Thane said:

While I feel like my thoughts will be lost in the maelstrom that is this topic, I want to say I think it'd be best to withhold any outcry regarding Sanaki before we can read her lines. If they're creepy, then Intelligent Systems have stepped way out of line again, but if they portray it as her dressing up as she imagines her future wedding when she's an adult, then it'd be another story. 

A green flying mage is exactly what I need for my Team Overdrive, too. Sanaki, Marth and Bridaki can buff each other for days! Slap on Guidance and I'll have two super mobile bazookas ready!

This is the key factor for me as well. But in the latter case, they could have saved a lot of grief by making her a flower girl instead.

Sanaki can support herself. Sanaki can activate the effect of Cymbeline. That is actually pretty insane.

I don't think people would need to worry about Sanaki getting fetishised. Its not like she a super loli like Elise or Nowi, or to shy to stand up for herself like Sakura.

sanaki's a more classy lady, very unlike your typical loli and she seems very grumpy about the whole thing. The most bridal thing I see her saying is how she'd like daddy Sephiran to walk her to the altar on her big day. That would be pretty cute, actually.