New Special Heroes Incoming: Bridal Bloom (May 21 ~): Bride Sanaki, Tharja, and Ninian (Groom Marth as TT reward)

Coolmanio

Here's a better question that's on my mind right now.

The new Ninian is a flying unit, riding a pegasus. And she can Assist with her dancing. While gameplay-wise I like this combination, how should I picture this? How do you dance on the back of a flying pegasus?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

The new Ninian is a flying unit, riding a pegasus. And she can Assist with her dancing. While gameplay-wise I like this combination, how should I picture this? How do you dance on the back of a flying pegasus?

Anything's possible these days right lmao

3 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Good Point. Kind of annoys me that Shigure wasn’t a flying singer, since he’s a Sky Knight in his home game unlike Ninian, who can’t be a Pegasus Knight at all.

5 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

She obviously stands up on the saddle and performs some sick moves, then finishes it off with a loop. If that doesn't energize you I don't know what will.

19 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Sure, they do and what it does have to do with promoting child marriage?

I'm probably just a shithead bigot so what do I know. I say dumb shit all the time. I'm not being sarcastic nor am I trying to be insulting towards you. I just say stupid stuff from time to time. Though at least Sanaki isn't sexualized in her artwork.

You know what. I am a stupid fuck. She could've just been playing dress-up and I'm overreacting. I've become a full-on fricking social justice warrior. Should shoot myself in the leg. Damn, being a polite person IRL really does a number on you.

18 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

If doing this makes them happy, and he's not hurting anyone else, go for it!

While I don't think he's hurting anyone else, their sense of what's fiction and what's real is twisted. They end up causing harm to themselves

How you want me react on this self insulting rant? Well, I  do think she just play dress up and you overreacting. Either way you definitelly are overreacting in this particular post at least. When I wrote about wannabe moral crusaders you can  believe I did not meant you personnaly. Of course I can do that from now if you wish.

Edited by Tenzen12

10 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

How you want me react on this self insulting rant? Well, I  do think she just play dress up and you overreacting. Either way you definitelly are overreacting in this particular post at least. When I wrote about wannabe moral crusaders you can  believe I did not meant you personnaly. Of course I can do that from now if you wish.

I was overreacting. And I feel so embarrassed about it. Though I wasn't specifically quoting your moral crusader text, which I should have deleted. The social justice warrior thing was a self-realization thing and had nothing to do with what you said. Actually no, it lead me to it so it kinda did have a connection. Well at least it was beneficial experience that'll help me in how I deal with these topics. Come up with all the possibilities first rather just pick one random one and going with it

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

>Bride Sanaki

What. The. Fuck.

I mean, Sanaki is one of my favorite characters in Tellius and FE in general as a whole, but ...

SHE'S THIRTEEN.

Sanaki: This outfit is just for the festival! Don’t get any weird ideas.

She’s playing dress-up.  Nothing to see here.

Edit: I see I’m late to the party, but still not sure how this is even an issue.

Edited by kcirrot

Well this is here now.

Ninian confirmed! She's a flying blue mage with Chill Atk, Dance and a bouquet that boosts hers and ally's speed by 4. If she's got stats like Summer Corrin I'm going to need help because I still lack a blue mage flier. Now I want a flying Eliwood.

Sanaki's now the Waifu of Begnion apparently. Huh, must have decided they needed someone from Tellius from this. Another flying mage, though Nifl Frostflowers are a ridiculous weapon that's mostly better than an owltome, Atk/Res bond and a skill called Def/Res link that boosts stats by 6 when a unit uses or has a movement assist used on them. Getting tempted, especially when Bunilla is pretty trash personally.

Tharja seems to be obligatory, though she's in black and is infantry. She has Atk/Spd bond (Nice), a strange skill in Spd Feint (When Rally used by/on unit, they reduce enemy's speed by 7 in ploy directions. Huh?) and Muspell Fireposy, which is like Sanaki's but boosts speed instead of attack.

Also it turns out Marth is a groom alt for TT. He's on a green horse so I'm game. This does make it unlikely he's the next legendary though.

TLDR: Ninian > Sanaki > Tharja. Still need grooms.

37 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Good Point. Kind of annoys me that Shigure wasn’t a flying singer, since he’s a Sky Knight in his home game unlike Ninian, who can’t be a Pegasus Knight at all.

This annoys me with every new flying singer/dancer. Shigure would have been a perfect flying singer, but they stuck him as infantry because they didn't want him to outshine the females of the banner (I know, that's not the actual reason, just feels like it sometimes).

For the banner:

Tharja's art looks great. I still don't like her and have no wish to get her.

Ninian - Not that keen on her art and even more bitter she's the first ranged flying refresher unit when I feel it should have been Shigure (I don't want any arguments about this - this is just my own personal feeling).

Sanaki - I am uncomfortable with this. While I get they portray her as playing dress up, etc, it still makes me uncomfortable that out of all the adult women they could have picked to be a bride, they still had to choose the child. Elincia would have been a far better pick, and then Sanaki could have received a cute Halloween outfit or something.

Marth is the only one that holds my interest, and it boggles my mind that they think he's best as a TT reward. Seriously? I mean, I'm happy to get the free unit, but people have been screaming for a Marth alt, and even more for groom Marth and they don't think he's worth putting on a banner?

Oh well, doing one free pull on the banner on Ninian's colour and then leaving it as I still have no interest in brides and will cling to the one bone they threw us.

Now, that I thinking about it again, Saneki always looked like "married to the job" kind person to me. I guess she made it official.

Oh, but don't try play it for child labor or she can make you loose your head. Literaly.

Jesus. What's up with the Galeforce. It's been pretty frequent in the last few hours. Guess I'll do a test report or whatever of every issue in Serenesforest when I have more time during Summer. There are a other issues I've noticed such as reloading get's a post on the page quicker than just waiting for the reply to load and submit reply doesn't react to clicking on it sometimes.

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

She and the pegasus do dressage, obviously

Probably still more realistic than singing. Ever tried to sing while doing the speed limit on a motorbike? This is why pega-Shigure is not a refresher.

Well. I did say I'd consider pulling if one of the characters was wearing a black wedding dress but there's no way I'm pulling for Tharja. Also, why Sanaki? Just why?

52 minutes ago, Johann said:

I never mentioned anyone advocating to lower the age limit, so I dunno why you bring it up. The point is that we're in 2018 and it's still legal in some form in all 50 states means that it's an ignored or unknown problem for many, and for the numbers to be that high shows that a disturbingly large amount of people are actually fine with it.

Yes, there is a large amount of people fine with it, but there is also a much, much larger number of people against it, or else there would not have been a movement to slowly crackdown on child marriages.

In an older article that your article linked to, child marriages are most common in closed communities with little access to the outside world with little opposition to challenge its ideals and values. As those small communities open up and its members given an education and choice, their members would usually choose what is ethically right, although that may take some time. Mormons gradually gave up on polygamy as they opened up.

Spoiler

One of the striking aspects of Tahirih's further research, including a 2011 study on forced marriage in the U.S., is that there is no single profile of the girls and women involved. They came from families of Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist and other faiths, from immigrant families from many countries and from non-immigrant communities, too. If there is a common denominator, it's this, says Smoot: "Whenever you have a community that is closed, where it's difficult to reach outside it, where there are great stakes to oppose community norms, that contributes to child marriage happening."

6 minutes ago, Kahvi said:

Well. I did say I'd consider pulling if one of the characters was wearing a black wedding dress but there's no way I'm pulling for Tharja. Also, why Sanaki? Just why?

Dress-up is my guess

31 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Probably still more realistic than singing. Ever tried to sing while doing the speed limit on a motorbike? This is why pega-Shigure is not a refresher.

*Looks at New Year Azura*

Yeah... don't think they care about any kind of accuracy there...

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

>Bride Sanaki

What. The. Fuck.

I mean, Sanaki is one of my favorite characters in Tellius and FE in general as a whole, but ...

SHE'S THIRTEEN.

It was fine to marry at that age on this era..They're not from the 21st century lol they're more like from a medieval period..

I honestly expected Bride Lucina with a Bow to complete "Lucina Emblem".
IS putting Sanaki in here instead makes me wonder about a lot of things (especially why over so many other popular choices).

Anyway aside from Ninian really nothing exciting here. Assist-based C skill seem like a fun gimmick though.
And of course RIP Anna.

Edited by The Priest

17 minutes ago, marina40499 said:

It was fine to marry at that age on this era..They're not from the 21st century lol they're more like from a medieval period..

When will people stop rolling out that tired excuse? Tellius sure is medieval with it's flying pegasi, laguz and magic. What a bastion of historical accuracy. Also, again, this game was made in the 21st century and Bride!Sanaki is made to appeal to a 21st century audience. Medieval morals do not apply here whatsoever. (which I am sure we can all agree were not positive in this regard.)

Edited by Nanima

Flower girl. FLOWER GIRL!

WAS THAT SO F*CKING HARD, INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS?!

You have the dark bride, the normal bride, and could have had a flower girl. Why did you not have Sanaki, the actual underaged girl, be a flower girl? 

TIKI even has a flower girl look to her design in Warriors. 

5 minutes ago, Nanima said:

When will people stop rolling out that tired excuse? Tellius sure is medieval with it's flying pegasi, laguz and magic. What a bastion of historical accuracy. Also, again, this game was made in the 21st century and Bride!Sanaki is made to appeal to a 21st century audience. Medieval morals do not apply here whatsoever. (which I am sure we can all agree were not positive in this regard.)

lol, well, okay, but still I disagree :) 
Have fun complaining about it then ^^ 

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Flower girl. FLOWER GIRL!

WAS THAT SO F*CKING HARD, INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS?!

You have the dark bride, the normal bride, and could have had a flower girl. Why did you not have Sanaki, the actual underaged girl, be a flower girl? 

TIKI even has a flower girl look to her design in Warriors. 

Looks like dress-up to me, but wait for the quotes to be datamined