New Special Heroes Incoming: Bridal Bloom (May 21 ~): Bride Sanaki, Tharja, and Ninian (Groom Marth as TT reward)

Coolmanio

Sanaki has "in bridal attire" in her Japanese title, which was simplified by us as "bridal" by mistake, but Ninian's and Tharja's are "bridal". You can compare the kanji for the bottom row kanji for their titles. Ninian's and Tharja's is the same while Sanaki's is different

Edited by silveraura25

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All 3 girls are my waifus especially Tharja and Sanaki definitely pulling also love that they have bouquets based on Book IIs regions very awesome! Also finally people can shut up about Marth not getting an alt patience these are planned in advance...

My in-universe explanation for Bride Sanaki: The Bouquet you win at the festival is said to guarantee a happy marriage. Considering, at the PoR stage of her life, she knows Lekain tried to have an arranged marriage with Astrid and the Senate probably has designs on usurping her power, she deemed it prudent to find a way to mitigate the effects of marrying one of those assholes.

Out-universe explanation: IS was going for a Censor Decoy (in which you show something blatantly wrong to the censor board to intentionally get it rejected so you can sneak something tamer past) using Sanaki as bait for Nino, and Sanaki got accepted.

4 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

My in-universe explanation for Bride Sanaki: The Bouquet you win at the festival is said to guarantee a happy marriage. Considering, at the PoR stage of her life, she knows Lekain tried to have an arranged marriage with Astrid and the Senate probably has designs on usurping her power, she deemed it prudent to find a way to mitigate the effects of marrying one of those assholes.

My in-universe explanation for Bride Sanaki: Anna found a fool who wanted to buy Anna's bouquet from last year.

22 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Out-universe explanation: IS was going for a Censor Decoy (in which you show something blatantly wrong to the censor board to intentionally get it rejected so you can sneak something tamer past) using Sanaki as bait for Nino, and Sanaki got accepted.

So the foot-in-the-door effect basically?

1 hour ago, immatx said:

What's ethically wrong with polygamy? If its between of age consenting parties then I don't see anything wrong with it.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with it between two or more consenting adults, but in societies where polygyny is accepted, women are not treated too well, although societies that only accept monogamy have not exactly treated women well either until very recently in history.

My point was that closed communities that are opened up gradually adopt the norms and customs of the wider community, especially ones that are more equitable and fair.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Even then, could she not have been dressed up to look like a Flower Girl?

Very distinct difference between how Tiki looks like a Flower Girl, and Sanaki looking like an actual bride. 

Aren't there flower girl dresses that look like bride gowns? Some of them have the same puffy skirt thing.

Anyway, now I'm wondering how people would have reacted to Ewan, Gordin, M!Kana, M!Morgan, Nils, Percy, and other young dudes if they were on the banner as grooms.

What I'm saying is that I get the feeling after seeing this outrage at Sanaki being on this banner is that kid characters cannot be on seasonal banners and that specifically in this context, no young girl can be dressed up as a bride or probably even as a flower girl because it sexualizes them and panders to lolicons and paedophiles.

Let's make it clear that of fucking course it's fanservice and sexualization, of all ages groups, of men and women, of everyone and everything. Let's also make it clear that women are generally sexualized more than men, but that does not mean men aren't sexualized. Case in point: Hawkeye and that's just his regular attire of being a bronzed, mystical, muscled literal daddy. It's a gatcha game, it's a product being sold and marketed, and it's made by filthy humans. At the same time, I think it's absurd to immediately go to the idea of Sanaki or any kid in a bridal gown or groom outfit is there to promote paedophilia. It's like the whole idea of Helbindi being a racist caricature of African people, but that's another story for another day.

I assume the worst in humanity, but I would have not looked at Sanaki and think the first things on the developers' minds was we gotta sell to the paedophiles and we're making Sanaki a child bride. Kids and adults for that matter, play dress-up. It would not be out of the question for Sanaki to want to dress up as a bride even if she was just going to be a flower girl or because she was bored out of her mind and wanted something to do. It would also not be out of the question for someone like kid Zephiel or that one recruitable kid from the Archanea games to have been dressed up in a groom outfit. Granted, in some cultures, groom outfits are just suits, but the idea is still there of it's probably not them getting married, but them attending a marriage or just playing dress-up. Or even something like Gunter, as old of a fart he is, to have wanted to wear a rabbit mascot costume. Maybe he just wanted to make Corrin laugh or maybe he really likes cute creatures like rabbits even though that poop everywhere.

The other thing is assumption. Nobody knows exactly, and I place heavy emphasis on exactly, why the hell Sanaki's in a bridal gown. Unless it's specifically stated she's getting married to some ugly bastard forty years older than her and is about to bear him 12 male heirs of which any girl will just be killed on the spot or made into a slave, we cannot say the reason Sanaki is in a bridal gown is because she's getting married, she's a child bride, and the developers are trying to slowly ease us into accepting paedophilia.

That being said, is there an implication of her being a bride? You bet your ass there is. But is it truly what it is about without the exact reason presented to us? If anything, going off of the previous bride banner, it's probably just a freaking game. None of them, Caeda, Charlotte, Cordelia, and Lyn were actually there to get married and this is knowing that Caeda is the only one who is canonically known to have married a specific person: Marth. It's probably the case with Ninian, Sanaki, and Tharja too and especially so knowing how some fans can get really agitated with confirmed pairings even if they're official and the characters have no other romantic options.

TL;DR: Fuck everything, especially humans and cockroaches. Damn things always manage to survive somehow only to spread disease and moral decay. The most deplorable of all creatures after sunflowers. Ever had a sunflower look at you? No, because they have too much of a stick up their butts to want to look at anything, but the oh, so mighty and beautiful sun.

Why did I write any of this?

Edited by Kaden

I don't think even Elise got this much shit for her swimsuit alt. And I find it hilarious people are getting up in arms about the "fanservice" of Sanaki when she's in the same banner as a Tharja wearing a pretty risque "wedding dress." Since I like Tharja I guess I'm glad she's not the target for the controversy this time, but really... Like, I get that it's creepy for a kid to be in a wedding dress, and I get that the excuse of how it's just her playing dress up could be seen as just a way to try to sneak in the fact that they're pandering to the loli crowd, but honestly, I think a lot of the controversy is unwarranted.

Edited by Frenzify

You know...I think Sanaki looks adorable. And to keep that adorableness, I'm going to pretend she's acting her age for once and playing dress up. Is that allowed?

1 minute ago, familyplayer said:

So the foot-in-the-door effect basically?

Basically. In theory, by showing something as morally shady as Bride Sanaki, IS would hope that they would go "Oh, Nino is much better." People I've talked to (including me) elsewhere basically had this happen to ourselves in regards to "We'd rather have Bridal Mist!"

11 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I don't think even Elise got this much shit for her swimsuit alt. And I find it hilarious people are getting up in arms about the "fanservice" of Sanaki when she's in the same banner as a Tharja wearing a pretty risque "wedding dress". Like, I get that it's creepy for a kid to be in a wedding dress, and I get that the excuse of how it's just her playing dress up could be seen as just a way to try to sneak in the fact that they're pandering to the loli crowd, but honestly, I think a lot of the controversy is unwarranted.

I think its more that swimsuits are normal attire for kids, whereas the bridal thing (given the history of the game, especially with Nowi) can have unfortunate connotations.

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Anyway, now I'm wondering how people would have reacted to Ewan, Gordin, M!Kana, M!Morgan, Nils, Percy, and other young dudes if they were on the banner as grooms.

What I'm saying is that I get the feeling after seeing this outrage at Sanaki being on this banner is that kid characters cannot be on seasonal banners and that specifically in this context, no young girl can be dressed up as a bride or probably even as a flower girl because it sexualizes them and panders to lolicons and paedophiles.

I don't think flower girl would have caused any issues. It's the connotations behind the bridal gown, especially given the histories of the games.

People had no problems with Sakura or Elise on banners, since they suited the theme and made sense to be there. To me, it's still creepy to choose Sanaki for this type of banner over one of the gazillion adult females in the game - a fair few of whom are more popular. I'm not outraged or surprised, but I don't like it all the same. Then again, I'm not pulling for any of them.

And nope, I wanted grooms, not children dressing up as grooms. It's disturbing whether they are male or female, even if there isn't as much as history of male children getting married off to adult women like there has been with child brides.

Edited by Cute Chao

1 minute ago, Lau said:

You know...I think Sanaki looks adorable. And to keep that adorableness, I'm going to pretend she's acting her age for once and playing dress up. Is that allowed?

Her playing dress up is exactly how I took it, considering she literally said she's just wearing it for the festival. Excuse or not, I think it's perfectly reasonable not to get up in arms about her in a wedding dress.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Yes, there is a large amount of people fine with it, but there is also a much, much larger number of people against it, or else there would not have been a movement to slowly crackdown on child marriages.

In an older article that your article linked to, child marriages are most common in closed communities with little access to the outside world with little opposition to challenge its ideals and values. As those small communities open up and its members given an education and choice, their members would usually choose what is ethically right, although that may take some time. Mormons gradually gave up on polygamy as they opened up.

Reveal hidden contents

One of the striking aspects of Tahirih's further research, including a 2011 study on forced marriage in the U.S., is that there is no single profile of the girls and women involved. They came from families of Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist and other faiths, from immigrant families from many countries and from non-immigrant communities, too. If there is a common denominator, it's this, says Smoot: "Whenever you have a community that is closed, where it's difficult to reach outside it, where there are great stakes to oppose community norms, that contributes to child marriage happening."

Actually, the main reason Mormons aren't participating in polygamy as often is 1) It's illegal in the US, religious code or not. They might be married to more than one person by their faith, but it doesn't stand in the court of law. And 2) it's a tax nightmare.

12 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Her playing dress up is exactly how I took it, considering she literally said she's just wearing it for the festival. Excuse or not, I think it's perfectly reasonable not to get up in arms about her in a wedding dress.

Exactly. I don't care if it's an excuse or not. She looks cute, there's nothing sexual about it. Yes, it's a bit weird at first, but then you realise - young girls have probably dressed up like that for fun once or twice.

16 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I think its more that swimsuits And nope, I wanted grooms, not children dressing up as grooms. It's disturbing whether they are male or female, even if there isn't as much as history of male children getting married off to adult women like there has been with child brides.

Mainly found in Ancient Egypt. I believe King Tutenkamen was married to his aunt and Cleopatra was married to her younger brother? I'd have to go back and look it up, but I distinctly remember those.

5 minutes ago, Lau said:

Exactly. I don't care if it's an excuse or not. She looks cute, there's nothing sexual about it. Yes, it's a bit weird at first, but then you realise - young girls have probably dressed up like that for fun once or twice.

THANK, YOU.

25 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I don't think flower girl would have caused any issues. It's the connotations behind the bridal gown, especially given the histories of the games.

The issue with that, and I'm still waiting on an answer for this, is that some flower girl dresses look like bridal gowns. For all we know, Sanaki's actually wearing a flower girl dress and not a bridal gown. Would have helped if they gave her the title of "Begnion's Flower (Girl)", "Just Here for the Cake", or literally "Flower Girl" like winter Tharja, but nope.

People had no problems with Sakura or Elise on banners, since they suited the theme and made sense to be there. To me, it's still creepy to choose Sanaki for this type of banner over one of the gazillion adult females in the game - many of whom are more popular.

Eh, Halloween Sakura maybe, but not summer Elise for me. Young girls in swimsuits is not something I want to have to deal with a game like this when I'm not playing at home.

That being said, Sanaki was about as weird of a choice as mage knight Eirika, promoted Ephraim, LotW Lyn, Meisterhardt, and green Olwen were for me. It's like why were you even on the banner? Where's the other Sacred Stones and Thracia 776 characters? Where's Gustav or a new Heroes original character even though they probably wouldn't sell well? Where's the actual legendary heroes or beings like Anri, Duma, Mila, or Roland?

And nope, I wanted grooms, not children dressing up as grooms. It's disturbing whether they are male or female, even if there isn't as much as history of male children getting married off to adult women like there has been with child brides.

The reason I brought up them, especially Gordin, was for that. Gordin's like 16-20? years old, but I wouldn't have been surprised if people were wondering why a 12 year old is wearing a groom outfit and maybe accusations of the developers marketing to shotacons. At the same time, seasonal banners are supposed to be fun banners, so people dressing up isn't that strange. Granted, I would have preferred bride Mae, Olivia, Sonya, Titania, and Eirika because y'know, the first actual bride class character and groom Arden, Boey, Michalis, Ryoma, and Marth actually freaking summonable. Old guys like Gunter, Jagen, and Marcus in wedding attire as "fathers of the bride" would have been nice too.

Well, at least I have Ninian and Tharja. I can't wait to hear Tharja's voice clips.

Edited by Kaden

37 minutes ago, Kaden said:

TL;DR: Fuck everything, especially humanity and cockroaches. Damn things always manage to survive somehow only to spread disease and moral decay. The most deplorable of all creatures after sunflowers. Ever had a sunflower look at you? No, because they have too much of a stick up their butts to want to look at anything, but the oh, so mighty and beautiful sun.

It is one thing to demonize rapists and people who actually sexually assault someone, but it is entirely unacceptable to demonize innocent people who are attracted to kids but are able to control their urges and not enact that in real life. They have done nothing wrong; they realize what they want is unacceptable and have chosen not to pursue it.

Having the desire to do something wrong does not automatically make someone bad. I have a mental list of real life people that I want to torture and murder, but that does not make me bad for wanting to do something wrong. If I actually carried out my desires in real life, then I definitely deserve to be demonized and am definitely in the wrong.

26 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Actually, the main reason Mormons aren't participating in polygamy as often is 1) It's illegal in the US, religious code or not. They might be married to more than one person by their faith, but it doesn't stand in the court of law. And 2) it's a tax nightmare.

It is not illegal to have mistresses and have orgies with your harem. In my opinion, the marriage license/certificate is just a piece of paper and as long as their relationships stay within in a religious/private context and not a legal one, the government does not care.

You may (or may not) be shunned by society for having more than one partner bearing children for at the same time, but as long as you are not claiming your relationship as a legal marriage and taking advantage of the tax benefits afforded to legal marriages, no one is going to send the FBI or IRS after you. They have bigger fish to catch and they honestly do not care about people's sex lives when they could be busting organized crime and financial fraud.

Edited by XRay

We live in a society.

Nuf said.

In all seriousness, we set a double standard on ourselves. As Kaden said, were it a shota groom, no one would bat an eyelid. I myself had negative reactions, but eventually warmed up and stopped acting like a bigot (hopefully I don't degenerate into one again).

@Ice Dragon Are you dead? Just sleeping? I'd expect a strong reaction regarding Ninian from you

For me, I want Sanaki-as-green-tome-flier, because nice, solid green fliers, especially on pegasi, are a rarity, and I like Sanaki amongst the Tellius characters, and Tellius is my favourite continent.

But the idea that she's a bride makes me uncomfortable, especially since I just got headcanoning why. I can only hope Tormod comes soon and I can re-wholesomeise their awful decision before I lose the stomach for FE.

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

But the idea that she's a bride makes me uncomfortable, especially since I just got headcanoning why. I can only hope Tormod comes soon and I can re-wholesomeise their awful decision before I lose the stomach for FE.

Think of it this way. How would you feel about groom Nils or Donnel?

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

@Ice Dragon Are you dead? Just sleeping? I'd expect a strong reaction regarding Ninian from you

He is probably busy or sleeping. Not sure what his timezone is, but it is 6:50 am in California and I just woke up getting ready for work.

47 minutes ago, Lau said:

I would be fine with this. She does look cute in the dress. I just don't like the possible other implications of it.

But thinking she's just playing dress up is fine.