New Special Heroes Incoming: Bridal Bloom (May 21 ~): Bride Sanaki, Tharja, and Ninian (Groom Marth as TT reward)

Coolmanio

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

"What the hell?" for Nils, and "Literally who?" for Donnel.

Oh dammit. I Can't think of any other shotas. Groom Rolf then?

Edited by silveraura25

I'm grabbing my Marth and then I'm out! 

This banner was what I expected, but I was still very disappointed.

FUCKING SANAKI! SERIOUSLY

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh dammit. I Can't think of any other shotas. Groom Rolf then?

Still horrified. Considering I'm shaky on the concept of a Bride Mist, not exactly the greatest pick.

At the very least, tuxes are universal amongst men, while women have various colours and styles to differentiate between them.

4 minutes ago, Tuvy said:

I'm grabbing my Marth and then I'm out! 

This banner was what I expected, but I was still very disappointed.

FUCKING SANAKI! SERIOUSLY

It's just a festival where everyone plays dress-up. Don't take it too seriously. Otherwise you'd end up wishing you could punch yourself just like me because something was said and can't be taken back.

If there's anything that's worth pulling, then it's the new skills and Ninian's tome. You don't necessarily need to pull for the units. Pull for the skills. The Christmas seasonal were great for fodder especially their weapons as they opened up the possibility to make more creative dual phase builds

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Still horrified. Considering I'm shaky on the concept of a Bride Mist, not exactly the greatest pick.

At the very least, tuxes are universal amongst men, while women have various colours and styles to differentiate between them.

Think of it as a costume party where everyone dresses in dresses and tuxes. That's what these basically are. While yes, there's fan service in some, it's only for those characters that the artist had intended fan service for. Sanaki's damage artwork shows as much skin as her neutral artwork. There's nothing to really oogle at

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Anyway, now I'm wondering how people would have reacted to Ewan, Gordin, M!Kana, M!Morgan, Nils, Percy, and other young dudes if they were on the banner as grooms.

Well Gordin's an adult so I doubt people would have a problem with him. But on the whole I think its different. A groom costume is generally just a white tuxedo which doesn't leave much room for sexualisation. Nils wielding a groom outfit is just Nils wearing a rather fancy outfit. Heck, it would probably cover more skin than his regular outfit with the bare legs. 

I think the reason there are mostly Brides instead of Grooms is because whenever people think about marriage fashion, brides is the first thing the comes to mind. I mean, people make a big deal out wedding dresses, but people barely talk about the Groom’s outfit. So is it really any suprise that we have mostly brides again? It should have been obvious.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

Mainly found in Ancient Egypt. I believe King Tutenkamen was married to his aunt and Cleopatra was married to her younger brother? I'd have to go back and look it up, but I distinctly remember those.

Aye, it wouldn't surprise me if there were some, since the human race has managed to commit every atrocity and more at some point or other (I'm betting), but it's not as prevalent. It's still as wrong, though. The shota boys disturb me as much as the shota girls in Awakening and Fates (Dew always disturbed me as well... I can't remember if he is young or just looks young, but even so... no).

I will say, though, it's less disturbing in that it isn't sexualised or anything and she makes it clear she's only dressing up. But I would rather just not see child brides or grooms on these banners, really, especially when it's not like they don't have an abundance of adults to choose from that come with no more disturbing connotations.

Edited by Cute Chao

12 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Think of it as a costume party where everyone dresses in dresses and tuxes. That's what these basically are. While yes, there's fan service in some, it's only for those characters that the artist had intended fan service for. Sanaki's damage artwork shows as much skin as her neutral artwork. There's nothing to really oogle at

At no point did I profess horror at physical sexservice. At no point did anyone profess that.

The mental sexservice, on the other hand...

8 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I think the reason there are mostly Brides instead of Grooms is because whenever people think about marriage fashion, brides is the first thing the comes to mind. I mean, people make a big deal out wedding dresses, but people barely talk about the Groom’s outfit. So is it really any suprise that we have mostly brides again? It should have been obvious.

I don't think people are surprised that there's brides again (I think most were resigned to it) but there was the hope we'd get something. People may not talk about the groom's outfit, but there is definitely a thing for men in suits, so it panders to them.

I'm just taking my free Marth and leaving it there. It would have been nice to have more, but oh well. We got one. I just hope this doesn't turn into a trend for the upcoming summer banner (three girls, one boy). I know we had the Valentine's banner before that with three guys, two girls, so I'm not unduly concerned... yet. The Easter banner disappointed me much more than this one, which I had pretty much braced myself for.

Ninian straight up just reminds me of that girl from Me!Me!Me!. Still decent.

Sanaki just feels weird (and not because she is 10/13). It's hard to describe but I'll just say that the color choice doesn't blend well for me.

I might not like Tharja but wow I really like that art style. Sorta tempted to summon but I'll pass.

And now we wait to see how Groom Marth looks. Oh boy.

24 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

At no point did I profess horror at physical sexservice. At no point did anyone profess that.

The mental sexservice, on the other hand...

Sorry about that

Tharja looks amazing here the colors look stunning and I like that her chibi has the darkish expression on her on at all times, curious to hear what her voice lines are since the seasonals usually have something interesting to say. Bridal Ninian's existence allows me to have couples emblem with best boy marth and eliwood which is the best thing to come from this banner, gotta say that I really enjoy her art it looks so smooth and appealing to the eye it fits Ninian to a tee. 

Sanaki... is interesting I'm happy her art isn't lewd whatsoever, thankfully the established from the get go these dresses are purely for aesthetical and nobody is getting married, her personality as well as tharja's don't seem to be flanderized or butchered so far. She looks fine but I'll be upset if they her voice lines are inappropriate, though I'm a little surprised Titania, Nephenee, and Micaiah were not used here but I guess Sanaki is the Neil Armstrong of Tellius, the Apostle of Firsts

No, this Sanaki is not outright being sexualized like Nowi. No, she's not in a swimsuit like Elise. Yes, maybe she's just playing dress up. 

My problem (and don't misunderstand, I'm not losing sleep over this) is that it feels like they're treating Sanaki like any other anime loli, putting her in a literal waifu banner as the child bride for a very specific audience to whale on (otherwise why would they choose her younger version instead of the older version that's already in Heroes?), when in her games she's shown to be composed, intelligent, never interested in marriage or romance because she's a kid and has more pressing issues to worry about like genocides and coups. What I mean is that in her original appearance, her age was used to develop her and the characters around her, and here her age is being used to pander to dubious fetishes.

I would like to believe it was meant to be a cute little dress up thing to let her be the carefree girl she couldnt be in Tellius, but I mean, her Japanese title explicitly states she's a bride.

All that said, I'm still gonna try to pull for her. Just hoping that she, as a serious character, doesn't suddenly get a bikini alt or suggestive art.

I feel like there's a number of better choices than Sanaki if they wanted a child bride.  Nino gets married to either Jaffar or Erk.  Delthea's husband is unnamed but she gets married in her ending, plus her normal form in Heroes talks about wanting to marry a nice guy.  Any of the lolis in Awakening and Fates can marry a choice of guys.  It's so strange they picked the one that had no hint of interest in romance, although I'm still happy she got an alt at all.

Just now, Book Bro said:

No, this Sanaki is not outright being sexualized like Nowi. No, she's not in a swimsuit like Elise. Yes, maybe she's just playing dress up. 

My problem (and don't misunderstand, I'm not losing sleep over this) is that it feels like they're treating Sanaki like any other anime loli, putting her in a literal waifu banner as the child bride for a very specific audience to whale on (otherwise why would they choose her younger version instead of the older version that's already in Heroes?), when in her games she's shown to be composed, intelligent, never interested in marriage or romance because she's a kid and has more pressing issues to worry about like genocides and coups. What I mean is that in her original appearance, her age was used to develop her and the characters around her, and here her age is being used to pander to dubious fetishes.

I would like to believe it was meant to be a cute little dress up thing to let her be the carefree girl she couldnt be in Tellius, but I mean, her Japanese title explicitly states she's a bride.

All that said, I'm still gonna try to pull for her. Just hoping that she, as a serious character, doesn't suddenly get a bikini alt or suggestive art.

I think your concerns are extremely warranted but I think it's pertinent to also wait until the other pieces of the unit are unveiled like her voicelines,castle quotes, and skill lines are available to get the full picture on what IS plans on doing with this and with the way her art has been handled tastefully I feel her designation is more tongue and cheek than IS being serious about this. I doubt she'd get anything overboard like suggestive art or a bikini since even Elise was given a one piece swim suit so your fears are understandably and hopefully in the future unsubstantiated.

So for now, it's just waiting to see Marth's art. Please, please, please don't mess this up.

As a side note, how are the Japanese fans reacting to this?

12 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I feel like there's a number of better choices than Sanaki if they wanted a child bride.  Nino gets married to either Jaffar or Erk.  Delthea's husband is unnamed but she gets married in her ending, plus her normal form in Heroes talks about wanting to marry a nice guy.  Any of the lolis in Awakening and Fates can marry a choice of guys.  It's so strange they picked the one that had no hint of interest in romance, although I'm still happy she got an alt at all.

Delthea and Nino aren't necessarily implied to still be young when they marry. And the loli business in Awakening is controversial in itself. Honestly, child brides are just something they shouldn't have tried to even test the waters with. Best to go with those of age.

I think a better replacement for Sanaki would have been another Tellius character like Elincia, Sigrun, or maybe even Mia. Or maybe have Oliver as a groom to balance out the men-to-women ratio.

16 minutes ago, Lau said:

So for now, it's just waiting to see Marth's art. Please, please, please don't mess this up.

As a side note, how are the Japanese fans reacting to this?

From what I have seen, they are wondering why are some western fans are causing a lager uproar over an dress.

@Nowi's Husband  I dare say who married (and to who) is irrelevant here. Actually last thing IS want is provoke speculations about cannon shipping. That's why is whole June brides festival  is only that, the festival,  Well as result even Sanaki can be part of it and trigger lot of people ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Edited by Tenzen12

What a funny story. I like Tharja (and never really found her attractive in awakening) and I thought her christmas version was good joke. For first time I actually find her to going overboard with sexuality, no one has anything but praise for her...

I'm late, but stop getting mad at video games you nerds. Whining about a non issue like Sanaki in a wedding dress, since when did SF get so pathetic?

I'm gonna try for Sanaki and Tharja.

I actually don't care too much about the Sanaki issue, though I can sympathize with the complaints. Honestly, what I'm actually bothered by is that this was a great occasion to give her a grown up design, which I'd have been very interested in seeing.

3 hours ago, Frenzify said:

I don't think even Elise got this much shit for her swimsuit alt. And I find it hilarious people are getting up in arms about the "fanservice" of Sanaki when she's in the same banner as a Tharja wearing a pretty risque "wedding dress." Since I like Tharja I guess I'm glad she's not the target for the controversy this time, but really... Like, I get that it's creepy for a kid to be in a wedding dress, and I get that the excuse of how it's just her playing dress up could be seen as just a way to try to sneak in the fact that they're pandering to the loli crowd, but honestly, I think a lot of the controversy is unwarranted.

Indeed. I won't lie that I'm enjoying that the Sanaki shitstorm is covering Tharja from the usual "<character I don't like> got another alt>, yuck" posting.

I think people getting truly mad over Sanaki need to put their energy into something more productive.