Tempest Trials: Loki’s Flames!

Vaximillian

16 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Seal Atk/Def isn't that useful, but it's at least fine for tossing on a tanky AA unit or something.

It actually seems to be the Atk/Def 2 stat boost skill, not the Seal Atk/Def skill.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It actually seems to be the Atk/Def 2 stat boost skill, not the Seal Atk/Def skill.

OH, well I guess that would be pretty nice on some units. I might actually upgrade that one then.

I'll probably end up running not-yet-married Marth with Ninian and perhaps Titania and Olwen. The latter two are very close to maxing out HM. I have a lot of heroes who don't need very much, so I'll probably shuffle them around just for feathers. And then maybe I can run Marth, Caeda, Groom Marth, and Bride Caeda just for funsies.

Flier Formation is the only one that seems particularly useful to me.

I would've preferred Atk/Spd instead of Atk/Def because the only units that really care about the dual stat plus skills are staff users, and the only ones they really care about are Atk/Spd for the offensive staff users and Atk/Res, Spd/Res, or Def/Res for the ones that want to run Ploys without losing their Atk to Fortress Res (but they'd still rather have double Ploy instead of a single Ploy and a stat boost).

EDIT: Oh and I see they finally decided to do a Tempest Trials where the bonus characters are the seasonal alts and their normal versions. Took them long enough.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Flier Formation is the only one that seems particularly useful to me.

I would've preferred Atk/Spd instead of Atk/Def because the only units that really care about the dual stat plus skills are staff users, and the only ones they really care about are Atk/Spd for the offensive staff users and Atk/Res, Spd/Res, or Def/Res for the ones that want to run Ploys without losing their Atk to Fortress Res (but they'd still rather have double Ploy instead of a single Ploy and a stat boost).

On the plus side, it's something to give my Arden du4ring Arena Assault to grant him even more defense than he actually needs at this point.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

On the plus side, it's something to give my Arden du4ring Arena Assault to grant him even more defense than he actually needs at this point.

That's what Fortress Def is for.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I already give that to Beruka, she is now just an axe and flying Arden.

There's still Def +3, Initiate Seal Def 3, Squad Ace B 3, and Squad Ace G 3.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's still Def +3, Initiate Seal Def 3, Squad Ace B 3, and Squad Ace G 3.

Actually none of those are upgraded, and even then I have them on my less bulkier raventomes to take bows and daggers better...

Unrelated, but I wonder if we can finally start getting dual stat up Squad Ace seals now that dual stat seals are an official thing.

We did only recently get the 4th Atk up seal, meaning we now have 4 separate sets of each of the 5 stat up seals (between the original seals, the Initiate seals, and the Squad Ace seals), and of the 16 letters left in the english alphabet, one of every double stat up seal combo would only take up 10 letters, so that'd be one more set of single stat up seals and then one of each dual stat up, and maybe M or Z could be movement up or some Spectrum Stat Up or something...

Edited by Xenomata

Hmm... Loki would be running Restore+. If your unit's HP is high enough to Panic Ploy one of her units, it could be possible to manipulate Loki's AI so that Loki would be more focused on removing the status condition rather than actually fighting. Similarly, if your units' Res stats are high enough, they could run Ploys to debuff.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I agree that Atk/Spd would be much better cause healers want it, since they are so limited in their A options.  Flier Formation is exciting though, love that skill and I can put it on my NY Azura so she can fly and dance like she was meant to.  Speed smoke is actually great too and should make double smoking easier.  

Spd Smoke is an instant upgrade for me. Flier Formation is also probably an objectively high tier upgrade consideration, but I'm not swimming in those excellent, 5 star locked flier units that would help me to remember to use it. I don't even have Guidance upgraded.

Can't wait to grind out in this mode. Tired of the month of Tap Battle and Grand Conquests.

For some reason I've got it in my head that Ephraim is a dancer, almost got me killed a couple of times when I attempted to dance one of my ranged nukes only to find him using Swap instead. I guess I should just accept it and bring Ninian instead next run. Dammit Ephraim, learn to dance!

Edited by Humanoid

Marth, Raven, Ninian (normal before switching to Bride after training her in the Tempest itself) and Genny. Having a little trouble, suspecting Raven won't finish on the team. Not sure whether Legendary Lyn or Groom Marth shall be his replacement.

My normal Sanaki and Ninian already hit max HM, my normal Tharja is not built up, and my normal Marth isn't even 5-star (or level 40) yet. The only bridal unit I have is Sanaki, so I've been running a full flier emblem team of her, bow!Hinoka/spring Kagero, summer Corrin, and Caeda.

It works. Most times.

Double Tharja (original and bride), Ninian (dragon) and Ike (brave) work fine so far. Sanaki (infantry) made it only to team #2. As soon as I get 5* Marth he'll replace Ike and Nana will replace original Tharja. 

Won't go for ranking this time again, I'll be busy the next two weekends. 

The story started a little strange, I thought there would be a little more behind Loki and those TT storms. 

t9l1Go1.jpg

I love the how the tempest boost just skyrockets Marisa’s hp.

Went in with Marisa, Jakob, Boey, and Bride Ninian. Marisa is the pseudo healer of the team. Boey and Marisa soak physical attacks and Jakob magical ones. Thanks to Ninian’s chill atk Loki won’t stop trying to heal units that don’t need healing.

I've decided to use S. Camilla, Sanaki, Micaiah, and Genny for my auto battle runs. Other than Camilla it's quite a squishy team but they are performing fairly well. The HM number is around 2500 which means I'll get some good mileage out of them.

I hope we get a Att/Res+2 or Spd/Res+2 seal at some point.