Tempest Trials: Loki’s Flames!

Vaximillian

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

But she actually has a speed stat. Doubling 41 by onerounding will be a bit difficult without something like bold fighter or a heavy hitting brave lance. That is if you don't get hit first

Well, this would have been exactly what I would have said if my English skills weren’t as non-existent as they are. Loki does look dangerous with those stats and her Gravity-ploying staff. …Now I almost regret not having promoted my +Atk Cherche yet.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we gotten what the seals are going to be? I think for the last two TTs we’ve been able to see them before the trial started.

2 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Have we gotten what the seals are going to be? I think for the last two TTs we’ve been able to see them before the trial started.

It'll take some time. Expect it to come out within the next 2-3 hours

49 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

It'll take some time. Expect it to come out within the next 2-3 hours

What i want as seal rewards:
Guard
Res Tactics
Live to Serve

What we prolly will get:
Threaten RES
Seal DEF
and one top Seal for the 40k run... I think Chill Def or Chill Spd

Spoiler

Bonus units are our new brides and groom, and apparently their original versions as well?

Seals are Atk/Def 2, Flier formation and Spd smoke. RIP my coins

I have 96 coins now. +80 from the tempest and +135 from VG adds up to 311, enough to fully upgrade 2 seals, and that's not taking arena rewards into account. I'll be fine. Though I don't think I'll be upgrading Spd smoke until I figure out how to use smokes effectively outside of my gimmicky Ephraim build.

Edited by Korath88

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I… don’t know what to think about these seals.

But seriously, I don’t. Atk/Def 2 is generic but not unwanted, Flier Formation is another nod to flier cancer, and Spd Smoke should be strong but I barely even use Atk Smoke… Smoke Seals rarely feel worth it compared to other choices, and Flier Formation certainly sounds fun, but... again, most of the units who might enjoy it would probably still want other Seals more. At least Atk/Def 2 feels like it’d be a bit more practical to have around.

Tempest banner is going to be a 3 red nightmare 

Spoiler

Also, Marth has drive Atk at 4* and Wings of mercy at 5*

Cake cutter is the Atk version of B!Ninian's weapon.

Edited by Korath88

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:
  Hide contents

Bonus units are our new brides and groom, and apparently their original versions as well?

Seals are Atk/Def 2, Flier formation and Spd smoke. RIP my coins

I have 96 coins now. +80 from the tempest and +135 from VG adds up to 311, enough to fully upgrade 2 seals, and that's not taking arena rewards into account. I'll be fine. Though I don't think I'll be upgrading Spd smoke until I figure out how to use smokes effectively outside of my gimmicky Ephraim build.

@Poimagic Guess you have your answer on your recent double 5 star summon

Still waiting on Guard SS though :(

Elincias can now be freely merged which is cool. Unless you want a Flier Formation Skyzura/Skynian with Guidance SS.

Edited by mcsilas

I can see Speed Smoke being very useful in clearing content with Nowi, I get a lot of use out of Atk and Res Smokes already.  If Nowi debuffs enemy speed enough she could free her B slot of QR for Wrath.  Flier Formation I might give to Bride Sanaki, since Witch Nowi already warps and Myrrh's slot is taken by Iote's Shield.  Atk Def 2 will go to some -Atk I have, maybe Frederick.

meh not excited for the seals... Speed Smoke could have some use i guess. I dont use Fliers so Flyer Formation is kinda eeeeh and Atk/Def2 is like... seriously... borderline worst seal evar!!!

I wish IS would release more usefull seals

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

meh not excited for the seals... Speed Smoke could have some use i guess. I dont use Fliers so Flyer Formation is kinda eeeeh and Atk/Def2 is like... seriously... borderline worst seal evar!!!

I wish IS would release more usefull seals

I don't know what you're talking about. Atk/Def is pretty okay. We've got the seal skills as the worst skills. Also, atk/def scores higher than atk or def which is nice as well

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I don't know what you're talking about. Atk/Def is pretty okay. We've got the seal skills as the worst skills. Also, atk/def scores higher than atk or def which is nice as well

those seals are crap. i miss the days of QR Heavy Blade etc. releases. They kinda stoped releasing bonker seals, ok the last was defense tactics, that one was bonkers for my Team.

But seriously seals like Guard, Live to Serve, Flashing Blade, Shield Pulse etc would be game changers for some of my Teams...

14 minutes ago, Hilda said:

those seals are crap. i miss the days of QR Heavy Blade etc. releases. They kinda stoped releasing bonker seals, ok the last was defense tactics, that one was bonkers for my Team.

But seriously seals like Guard, Live to Serve, Flashing Blade, Shield Pulse etc would be game changers for some of my Teams...

drive atk is pretty damn good

Marth is a goddamn atk buff boy. Seriously. He can possibly give +10 atk to all emblem teams by just slappong on drive atk seal on his base kit. That's insane. So much good was done today. I think I'm going to cry

Edited by silveraura25

I'm so happy the vanilla versions are used as bonuses rather than the brides from last year. It means I can have a bonus unit even before I get Groom Marth. Thinking of using Ninian and Marth plus two others for the runs. I feel Loki is going to be a complete pain, though. I like to use breaker skills and there's nothing to break staves. Urgh. Maybe one of my high res archers can help...

To think we would see that the day where a Staff user would be a terrifying boss...I love it! If people saw before the Staff buff, they would laugh!

And damn, with that weapon and Drive Atk, Groom Marth is perfect for Horse Emblem that have a Blade tome user.

I have no idea why people are bitching about the seals. These are the best ones we got in a while honestly, as I wasn’t too impressed with Def Tactics and Drive Atk was okay but not super intriguing. Speed Smoke is AMAZING. It’s only available on two units naturally, one being 5* locked and the other a GHB unit that can only access it when promoted. This skill is brutal against the AI since -7 Speed is such a huge penalty. Flier Formation is also excellent as while useful it was originally placed in the B-slot which was an awkward spot since it’s so competitive. It can now allow better movement without sacrificing something like, say, Desperation or Vantage. Atk/Def 2 is definitely not the most interesting seal, but it’s still nice enough considering it gives +4 stats as opposed to 3. 

If we got something like Pass, Defiant Resistance, or Armored Blow, then I’d understand the disappointment, but this disgruntled reaction is just baffling.

I am happy with Marth: Altean Prince as a TT bonus unit. He is my summoner support unit, and he is Lv40+7, so he will be a good unit to have in my team. The others I will use are Fjorm, PA!Azura and Bride Lyn. I would like to spend some orbs in the TT banner to try to get some Marths, and at the same time try to get a Sanaki because I don't have her or try to get some blade tome from Tharja (really? 3 red units? at least it's better than the Falchion banner), but I need to keep my orbs for the Legendary Banner.

For me, Atk/Def 2 is a good reward. It is a good stat boost skill, and only seasonal and/or TT reward units have it. I will probably use it.. Flier Formation? It's cool, I guess. I never used it because I don't have Elincia and I prefer use Desperation in my Kinshinoka, but I know having this skill in the SS slot instead of B-slot is way better. Spd Smoke? Great! I would prefer Def or Res smoke, but I am ok with it.

And now... Groom Marth. He is a good unit. 40 HP, 31 Atk, 36 Spd, 30 Def and 20 Res are good stats. He is very similar to Spring Alfonse, but with -1 HP, -4 Atk, +3 Spd, same Def and +2 Res.

His axe, Ardent Service+, works pretty well with Fortify Cavalry and Hone Spd 3 SS in a horse emblem team. If I decide to use him in a mixed team, Atk Tactic is a great choice for him, because he can give +6 Atk to allies using the Tactic skill, and get +4 Atk if adjacent to a ally. Sadly, I don't have a Atk Tactic to give him. The weapon can be refined with a common refinement of +5HP and +2 Atk, +3 Spd, +4 Def or +4 Res. In my opinion, the Spd and Def refinements are the best for him. If you don't want to use Ardent Service, Handbell+ with a Def refinement make him really good for enemy's phase. Giving him a Slaying Axe or even a Giant Spoon and he is ready to fight too. 

Also, Groom Marth quotes are adorable.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I have regular Sanaki and Ninian, so I'll use them as bonus units. The new seals look pretty cool too, I'm glad they've started with the duel stat seals. Marth having Drive Att is pretty cool.