• Sharena, Princess of Askr
    • Anna, Commander
    • Fjorm, Princess of Ice
    • Ryoma, Supreme Samurai
    • Gunnthrá, Voice of Dreams
    • Robin, Fell Vessel
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

11 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I will be voting for Sanaki myself, just like I did in the mages gauntlet.  I feel like Marth won't be here though, like NY Corrin he will be replaced by a non seasonal like Camilla.

The difference between Marth and Corrin is that the New Years Tempest Trial, from which Corrin was obtained, didn't start until after the Christmas vs. New Years Gauntlet had ended, meaning that if Corrin was to be included, no one on his team could possibly have a bonus unit, putting him at a disadvantage. Marth, on the other hand, will have been available for almost a week before the Gauntlet happens, and will still be available for all but the last three days of the Gauntlet. And they clearly don't have a problem with including units outside of the summoning pool in Voting Gauntlets, seeing as we got Black Knight and Fallen Takumi during the Shadow in the Mirror Gauntlet.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

The difference between Marth and Corrin is that the New Years Tempest Trial, from which Corrin was obtained, didn't start until after the Christmas vs. New Years Gauntlet had ended, meaning that if Corrin was to be included, no one on his team could possibly have a bonus unit, putting him at a disadvantage. Marth, on the other hand, will have been available for almost a week before the Gauntlet happens, and will still be available for all but the last three days of the Gauntlet. And they clearly don't have a problem with including units outside of the summoning pool in Voting Gauntlets, seeing as we got Black Knight and Fallen Takumi during the Shadow in the Mirror Gauntlet.

That makes sense.  If Sanaki loses round one and Marth doesn't I will join him, it would be funny to see the one guy beat all the girls in a waifu gauntlet.  I voted for Subaki on the flier gauntlet for the same reason. 

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Team Tharja all the way. If the rare change that she loses then I'm going for Sanaki just to annoy her haters.

Haters back off

I will go Marth then Cordelia since I have (well I will have Marth then) those two and if they both lose I think I will go Tharja because goth bride deserves some support from me.

Hm, if this is indeed Brides vs Brides (and vs Groom Marth), which it probably is, Cordelia is my first choice since she's my favorite here and I have her. Lyn is the only other one I have, so I guess she's my second one. Though if I somehow wind up with Sanaki, she'll be my second instead.

I’m going with Lyn, with Cordelia as a backup. I’m ambivalent towards the rest of the characters so if those two fall I might just feather merc.

13 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I could see a few upsets in this gauntlet potentially making people upset. I'd guess Sanaki causing an upset would be the worst, though.

I think Cordelia's definitely the most popular of the old brides (despite being the most popular character-wise, Lyn got ragged on for being a healer when they were still bad), but I bet a lot of people will pick one of the newer units instead, like with the spring gauntlet. So it's pretty hard to make a good guess. If NY Azura's anything to go by, Ninian might be in a strong spot by being another flying dancer.

I think Cordelia is the most popular as a unit, but I think people tend to vote more for the character in these gauntlets.  I don't think as many people will pull on this banner as last bridal so I think more people will have a unit from last bridal banner especially since they've also been featured in legendary banner also.  

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder if the recent alt-caused outrage against Lyn affected her popularity in any capacity.

It could.  I hope that outrage was more general anti alt, than tarnishing her character.  I guess we'll see.

Marth becuase the man needs our love and support, That and I want '19's to be grooms.

If Marth does fall, I'll move to Lyn since I'm part of the problem that is Lyn. If it's Marth vs Lyn in round 1. Well crap. I really dont want to vote for Cordelia or Tharja as they make me go ugh, Sanaki is just jarring she was picked, (Lucia, Nephenee, Mia, Hell Meg! That one would make sense at least) Maybe Charlotte to aid the "Give us normal Charlotte" gang. Never voting Ninian as I just find her boring as hell, Cedea at a push I guess then. So

Marth>Lyn>Charlotte>Ceada>Sanaki>Tharja>Cordelia>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ninian.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

I think Cordelia is the most popular as a unit, but I think people tend to vote more for the character in these gauntlets.

If this were the case, then Ninian probably would not have won against either Corrin (moreso with F!Corrin) back in the dragon gauntlet but didn't because she is dancer while they are a mediocre infantry sword (at least at that point) and a worse Nowi respectively. We've also had Camilla getting beat by Azura in the winter v. New Year's VG because the latter was a flying dancer, Kagero winning the spring VG (where she beat both Camilla and Lucina) because she's a flying dagger unit, soup boy Takumi losing to his big bro despite the former being more popular, Celica losing to Grima, etc.

So regardless of whether or not the previous shitstorm will any negative effects on Lyn, the fact that she's a staff unit in her bride form more than likely will in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If this were the case, then Ninian probably would not have won against either Corrin (moreso with F!Corrin) back in the dragon gauntlet but didn't because she is dancer while they are a mediocre infantry sword (at least at that point) and a worse Nowi respectively. We've also had Camilla getting beat by Azura in the winter v. New Year's VG because the latter was a flying dancer, Kagero winning the spring VG (where she beat both Camilla and Lucina) because she's a flying dagger unit, soup boy Takumi losing to his big bro despite the former being more popular, Celica losing to Grima, etc.

So regardless of whether or not the previous shitstorm will any negative effects on Lyn, the fact that she's a staff unit in her bride form more than likely will in my opinion.

Well yeah the Corrins are so plain, while Ninian is the only dancer dragon.  NY Azura is our only non infantry dancer, Spring Kagero is our only flying dagger unit.  However is Cordelia that special?  She is an infantry archer, just very powerful.  Bridal Lyn is the only one with Dazzling staff and one of 2 healers (Genny being the other) that don't need inheritance to do the razzle dazzle.  

Anyways I like Lyn, and I have her, but I'll probably root for Marth.  Other than Ike, the males just get destroyed in these it seems.  I guess in waifu wars they haven't a chance, except Ike cause he is that awesome.  

56 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Ninian mist likely won because she had full support of Elibe fanbase,w even if she is not popular in her own right. While Gates don't have such indiscriminate support. Shanna also got big boost despite not being spectacular unit remember?

I fully expect this to be a Bride/Groom gauntlet, and I fully expect Marth to win it all. People have been clamoring for a Marth alt for so long, he has way too much support to lose. People feel like he's been totally shafted since the inception of the game, and he kinda has, I doubt his fans will let him go down without a MASSIVE fight.

I'll be joining Team Lyn, of course, with Marth being my secondary choice, then Ninian, then...eh.

4 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Well yeah the Corrins are so plain, while Ninian is the only dancer dragon.  NY Azura is our only non infantry dancer, Spring Kagero is our only flying dagger unit.

That's exactly the point I was making. All of those three ended up winning because of their unique unit type instead of necessarily being a more popular character than some of the ones they defeated.

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That's exactly the point I was making. All of those three ended up winning because of their unique unit type instead of necessarily being a more popular character than some of the ones they defeated.

The 2nd part of my post though is that I don't think Cordelia is comparable.  She is a great infantry archer but there are many of those.  

12 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

The 2nd part of my post though is that I don't think Cordelia is comparable.  She is a great infantry archer but there are many of those.  

I never said that she was. Yeah, there are plenty of other infantry archers but she's still considered to be the best out of them (and least in terms of pure offense) and was considered the best archer in general until Brave Lyn happened. No, her unit type is not unique at all but she is an already fairly popular character who also happens to be a fairly good unit. As such, I'd say it'd be unwise to underestimate her.

That being said, I think she'll at best be second to Ninian in the hierarchy of this VG.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I fully expect this to be a Bride/Groom gauntlet, and I fully expect Marth to win it all. People have been clamoring for a Marth alt for so long, he has way too much support to lose. People feel like he's been totally shafted since the inception of the game, and he kinda has, I doubt his fans will let him go down without a MASSIVE fight.

I'll be joining Team Lyn, of course, with Marth being my secondary choice, then Ninian, then...eh.

Being generally supported is not exactly same as being supported against other options. People (or at least I) are happy for new Marth, but being happy for him whike betting all flags on Lyn or Cordelia is not mutually exclusive.