• Sharena, Princess of Askr
    • Anna, Commander
    • Fjorm, Princess of Ice
    • Ryoma, Supreme Samurai
    • Gunnthrá, Voice of Dreams
    • Robin, Fell Vessel
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Paint me surprised that Team Robin is actually outnumbering Team Ike by nearly 2 to 1.

Anyways, I'm on Team Robin with

+10 Halloween Nowi [+Spd, -Res] (Grimoire, Reposition, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 2, Hone Fliers)

Friend Code: 95-579-160-71. PM me if you add me so I can remember who you are (because I've forgotten who a lot of the people on my friends list are).

I also advise players to use fliers and not dragons as their reps. It's not exactly fun to have a single Falchion or Naga ruin your day.

Sent you a request. My IGN is ZeManaphy and my lead is B!Tharja.

Team F!Grima is outperforming Team Ike? Hm, waifu preferences aside, maybe some people don’t want him to win because he won a previous VG already. 

Anyway, I’m on Team Ryoma with F!Kana as my current lead. I think I’ll go change her for Amelia or Hardin. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I think the main reason Robin is out numbering Ike is due to the salt of the "Hero rises event". Ike did recieve a lot of backlash for winning that event.

Regardless, Come on Ike. I hope you pull through.

Oh, if anyone is interested. My Fc is 0053061278, Soren's on the lead but I tend to change leads a lot and I'm supporting Ike.

Edited by Skylorella Con

6 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

I think the main reason Robin is out numbering Ike is due to the salt of the "Hero rises event". Ike did recieve a lot of backlash for winning that event.

I don't remember any backlash for that... But if there was, I guess that could be a reason. Though I'd think it'd be from salty Tharja fans since she came in second there.

@Lord-Zero Except once again, Grima Robin already won a gauntlet as well.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I forgot she existed... I'd actually prefer someone over her too (even normal Lyn, Bride Lyn, or LA Lyn) since she's just another bow Lyn and still rubs me the wrong way because she's the FIFTH Lyn we've gotten, but I'm not going to make you cater to me, that'd be wrong. So you just do as you wish. This is about everyone on the team, not just me. So yeah.

EDIT: Ike's team is smaller than Grima Robin's? That doesn't make sense... Ike has all the reason in the world to have the bigger team. Why would people like Grima Robin anyway?

All I can do is cater, really. I only have, like, two SF people on my friend list, I've been ignored on basically every gauntlet so far. I'm pretty desperate for some help lol.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't remember any backlash for that... But if there was, I guess that could be a reason. Though I'd think it'd be from salty Tharja fans since she came in second there.

Oh, there was quite the backlash from that. A lot of them were salty just because they couldn't get a chick in a bikini

I doubt its because of just "waifu" reasons alone although that's of of the biggest drives of the FE series as I said before I was unnecessarily interrupted. It could just be on the popular side of players participating in this VG since these 2 are favor by region west Ike, Japan the Robins in this case Grima themself not to say Robin is less in the west cause that's definitely not true. Another reason could be because Grima is a villain lots of people like villains especially one as a female no less on this. 

Yeah there definitely was backlash in the Hero will Rise with him and the past VG with him winning but no one knows.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I'm going to assume you stay away from Twitter. Ike got a LOT of backlash for winning because apparently 'He was another boring, weak dc red unit' yet, they wanted another red unit to win..? 

The backlash was indeed from salty W!Tharja-less people.

Edited by Skylorella Con

6 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

All I can do is cater, really. I only have, like, two SF people on my friend list, I've been ignored on basically every gauntlet so far. I'm pretty desperate for some help lol.

Really? You gotta get your info out there more then and also start adding people yourself (and letting them know you've added them). xP

But okay, just use whatever Lyn you want then. Oddly, I haven't seen even CYL Lyn yet in this, let alone any bow Lyn or whatever, so just go ahead and use who you like.

EDIT: Yeah, figures it was salty Tharja people. And lol, RD Ike isn't even weak, he's pretty great when built up right. Salt indeed. I do go on Twitter though, I guess I just don't see enough on it.

Edited by Anacybele

55 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

RD Ike is a great unit though, not any better or worse than Grima Robin.

Grima Robin would be a repeat winner too, if you consider RD Ike one. Two different versions of Grima Robin, two different versions of Ike.

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t be thrilled with Robin winning again either, but at least this Robin isn’t the same as the previous in design, performance, and (debatably) mannerisms. Ike more or less plays and acts the same as his PoR counterpart, and while his attire is not identical, his overall build and look is.

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reinhardt and Lyn were the only two units in this game that actually got to the point of centralizing the meta after Skill Inheritance (we had Takumi and Hector before that, but the pre-Skill Inheritance era didn't last long enough to have as large of an impact). We haven't had a new one since then.

The current focus on armors isn't really any one specific unit that's being centralizing. It's the entire unit class, which is why we haven't had any new Reinhardts acquiring newfound fame and infamy.

I believe you are missing my point. I’m saying a units worth (in Heroes, that is) can lead to more support. I think one example of this is Priscilla’s upset over Lissa, who is arguably more popular than Priscilla but seldom used in comparison. Granted, it’s a little dubious due to the existence of multipliers, but I remember there being a sane hell near the end. 

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh, there was quite the backlash from that. A lot of them were salty just because they couldn't get a chick in a bikini

Well, tbf, W!Tharja is a fantastic unit herself (and belongs to a very rare unit type) and has two valuable skills for foddering, so it's... a combination of factors.

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t be thrilled with Robin winning again either, but at least this Robin isn’t the same as the previous in design, performance, and (debatably) mannerisms. Ike more or less plays and acts the same as his PoR counterpart, and while his attire is not identical, his overall build and look is.

I guess so. But I still consider any of version of Ike to just be Ike and any version of Grima Robin to just be Grima Robin.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Like Grima is any better though? Horribly written, flat villain who's just "raarrgh, I wanna destroy the world!" Sure, Echoes and Heroes shed a bit more light on him, but too little too late imo. Should've been done years ago.

To be completely fair, all that becomes moot when you're all powerful enough to actually do it. And when it comes to results, literally no one does it any better than Grima,;the final boss super villain of Awakening that successfully plunged the world into darkness with absolutely no sliver of hope to be found. Don't underestimate shallow reasoning, they're as every bit legitimate as the most sophisticated, well intent reasons to like a character as you have lain out for Ike. Many times, I might add.

1 minute ago, Skylorella Con said:

Well, I'm going to assume you stay away from Twitter. Ike got a LOT of backlash for winning because apparently 'He was another boring, weak dc red unit' yet, they wanted another red unit to win..? 

The backlash was indeed from salty Tharja-less people.

OR, new alternative: some peeps don't like the idea of how "overhyped" or "shoved down our throats" Ike has been, via IS's apparent special treatment given only to him, at that time, as the first non-OC legendary hero to suddenly spring out of nowhere and effectively steal the event

6 minutes ago, Tsuky said:

Well, tbf, W!Tharja is a fantastic unit herself (and belongs to a very rare unit type) and has two valuable skills for foddering, so it's... a combination of factors.

This, plus I LOVE Tharja but I got all her alts currently so not upset! Plus the backlash was justified imo.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

To be completely fair, all that becomes moot when you're all powerful enough to actually do it. And when it comes to results, literally no one does it any better than Grima,;the final boss super villain of Awakening that successfully plunged the world into darkness with absolutely no sliver of hope to be found. Don't underestimate shallow reasoning, they're as every bit legitimate as the most sophisticated, well intent reasons to like a character as you have lain out for Ike. Many times, I might add.

I disagree. Grima still has no depth, no reasoning explained for hating people and the world so much. Not in Awakening. How is just plain old "I'm evil and want to destroy the world" interesting at all, even if you can actually do it?

6 minutes ago, Motendra said:

OR, new alternative: some peeps don't like the idea of how "overhyped" or "shoved down our throats" Ike has been, via IS's apparent special treatment given only to him, at that time, as the first non-OC legendary hero to suddenly spring out of nowhere and effectively steal the event

^^All this so very much agree with both also for that type of event I hope they learn from that and don't repeat.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

16 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If we're ever on the same team, I'm happy to add you. My heroes aren't merged, though, so you might not want me for rival domains, etc. 

I'm on Team Alfonse this time. Not sure who I will go with if he loses. 

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That was M!Grima. F!Grima is being treated as a different character even if that rubs quite a few people the wrong way. 

As for the salt V!Ike generated back then, yes, W!Tharja was quite desirable to to a few factors: rare unit type, seasonal, great stat spread and great skills for fodder. V!Ike only has Warding Breath as fodder material and his unit type is the most common unit type in the game. 

3 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Don't repeat giving everyone a free 5 star unit?

You misunderstood I meant don't shove down everyone's throat and kiss a units "area" to force votes on them especially an announced new one.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree. Grima still has no depth, no reasoning explained for hating people and the world so much. Not in Awakening. How is just plain old "I'm evil and want to destroy the world" interesting at all, even if you can actually do it?

Simple. Because they actually did, despite all the heroes' best efforts. Much of Lucina's character and role in the story is proof of that. Nevermind how the game doesn't fail to show you just how powerful it really is. So powerful, that it can only truly be killed by its own power

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

That was M!Grima. F!Grima is being treated as a different character even if that rubs quite a few people the wrong way.

Yeah, and I don't get why they're being treated as any different than the two Ikes.

4 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Simple. Because they actually did, despite all the heroes' best efforts. Much of Lucina's character and role in the story is proof of that. Nevermind how the game doesn't fail to show you just how powerful it really is. So powerful, that it can only truly be killed by its own power

Wow, a lot of power, that's SO interesting. :/

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Don't bother trying to reason with them it seems pointless especially knowing the type they are let's just move on.....

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn