• Sharena, Princess of Askr
    • Anna, Commander
    • Fjorm, Princess of Ice
    • Ryoma, Supreme Samurai
    • Gunnthrá, Voice of Dreams
    • Robin, Fell Vessel
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

Just now, Lemmy said:

That is more or less what I consider rival domains to be.

I... .actually cannot argue with that.... (if you meant Grand Conquest)

I do personally call GC "VG 2.0" now, so there is that.

I could really use another Feh Channel, I need something else.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Prepare to rain down your flags next hours. So Alfonse get the final hour multiplier and we promise if that happen. We won't let you down and sent Gunnthra back to her grave for our own good ^^

I have no choice but to do that unless if I want my flags (at 1,200 right now with only six battles left) to go to waste. This is why you don't procrastinate, people. 

24 minutes ago, Ginko said:

To all Ike fans who have join Gunnthra

Prepare to rain down your flags next hours. So Alfonse get the final hour multiplier and we promise if that happen. We won't let you down and sent Gunnthra back to her grave for our own good ^^

Mother of Naga

do people take this mode seriously enough that you have to employ sabotage tactics?

And I thought people doing that on SPLATOON was ridiculous.

I forgot to use some flags in my last match, so now I have 610 flags left. Whoops.

EDIT: I mean, I guess I could use 200+10 next hour, but that's not "ideal".

Edited by Sunwoo

17 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I have to admit to having the least interest in her as a character, but that's just me. I find her and Anna frustrating to use because they are fragile, but then I have made no attempts to build them so I won't call them bad units. I just didn't like the blanket statement of 'two worst', when it is just your opinion on two characters you dislike. 

I like to jokingly think of Sharena as a "Hero-sexual" since befriending Heroes is all she she talks about. 

I would not have invested anything in any of the Askrs if I had just expanded my barracks at the time my barracks first reached 300. But I resisted for a while, and they all got some skills. Alfone with Wo Dao, Moonbow, Swordbreaker 1. Sharena Fury 3, Swordbreaker 1, Moonbow. Anna Fury 3. 

I find Sharena is okay against Swords at 5 stars with Fury 3, but Anna is unsalvageable against physical damage and just tolerable against some dragons.

4 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

I like to jokingly think of Sharena as a "Hero-sexual" since befriending Heroes is all she she talks about. 

I would not have invested anything in any of the Askrs if I had just expanded my barracks at the time my barracks first reached 300. But I resisted for a while, and they all got some skills. Alfone with Wo Dao, Moonbow, Swordbreaker 1. Sharena Fury 3, Swordbreaker 1, Moonbow. Anna Fury 3. 

I find Sharena is okay against Swords at 5 stars with Fury 3, but Anna is unsalvageable against physical damage and just tolerable against some dragons.

Anna was the worst in the recent quests for me (I used them together, so they didn't really have much back up). I do occasionally use her in Arena Assault against Nowis, though, while Sharena doesn't see any real use for me (but then, I have CYL Lucina, Lukas, Ephraim, Shiro and Nephenee, who are all bulkier). I do tend to go for bulky units over non-bulky. With Chrom, I save him for dragons, but Laslow and Alfonse are alternated in AA, since I like them both :) 

But yeah, the whole chirpy girl, friends with everyone, thing never really struck me, since it is pretty overdone and wasn't really a favourite character type of mine. I don't dislike her - I still quite like her, but not that much compared to many of the other characters. Alfonse was like that until that Surtr chap, where he took over some of the rest... but then the bunny banner really did it for me - both his reaction to seeing himself as a bunny, and all his voice lines as a bunny. I found myself just adoring him xD 

Edited by Cute Chao

Gunnthra should win now. Alfonse's crew won't be hitting the brakes anytime soon, so it won't be enough of a jump to get the last hour multiplier. We had some nonsense happen before, but now there is just no strategizing left, flags will be dumped and the last hour will very likely be "Same". This means, I screwed up one bonus hour this time and I'll have to settle with 400 flags without multiplier, oh well. better luck next time.

@omegaxis1 he would most definitely win with a last hour multiplier, but that won't happen looking at past hours performance. Gunnthra needs to overperform by an extra 350 mio compared to the pevious hour (or Alfonse needs to stop playing, that would kinda help).... it's just too much without multipliers. I'll just be a fortune teller and say Gunnthra has it in the bag.

Ike fans on Gunnthra team, you know what do right?

burn all your flags now !!

Alfonse team, put your phone down and pray for next hour.

Edited by Ginko

4 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Gunnthra should win now. Alfonse's crew won't be hitting the brakes anytime soon, so it won't be enough of a jump to get the last hour multiplier. We had some nonsense happen before, but now there is just no strategizing left, flags will be dumped and the last hour will very likely be "Same". This means, I screwed up one bonus hour this time and I'll have to settle with 400 flags without multiplier, oh well. better luck next time.

@omegaxis1 he would most definitely win with a last hour multiplier, but that won't happen looking at past hours performance. Gunnthra needs to overperform by an extra 350 mio compared to the pevious hour (or Alfonse needs to stop playing, that would kinda help).... it's just too much without multipliers. I'll just be a fortune teller and say Gunnthra has it in the bag..

Probably. But surprises have happened before.

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

Ike lost, move on.

15 minutes ago, Ginko said:

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Mother of Naga

do people take this mode seriously enough that you have to employ sabotage tactics?

And I thought people doing that on SPLATOON was ridiculous.

This is a bit sad to look at.

It's possible even if it stays at same that Alfonse could pull a Shanna and creep past in the last hour, assuming he has more feather hunters holding flags till the end.

Hopefully Gunnthra holds out, since Ike fans will probably get pretty insufferable about getting their "revenge" if Alfonse wins.

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

It's possible even if it stays at same that Alfonse could pull a Shanna and creep past in the last hour, assuming he has more feather hunters holding flags till the end.

Hopefully Gunnthra holds out, since Ike fans will probably get pretty insufferable about getting their "revenge" if Alfonse wins.

I know people are invested in characters... because I was pretty hopeful about Ninian winning one in the dragons VG...

But man... it's a game mode.

How much investment do people have over an event that normal people forget mere hours after the fact?

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

I know people are invested in characters... because I was pretty hopeful about Ninian winning one in the dragons VG...

How much investment do people have over an event that normal people forget mere hours after the fact?

Way too much, somtimes. Remember the death threats and doxing of Camilla fans when Lyn lost in the CYL gauntlet? Yeesh, that was insanity.

Luckily, while there was a lot of Ike salt from last round, it wasn't anything as bad as that. Maybe the fact Ike only got to the second round via multipliers anyway helped.(plus waifus are more serious business)

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

People have their own way of making certain game modes more fun. I treat VG like a feather button now, but I will admit, it would be nice to see a character I like actually win for once. If they don't, oh well. It's fun to see what people come up with, though - fanart and tacticswise (thankfully, I seem to have missed any vitriol towards characters like there have been in previous gauntlets). 

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Well people get like this every time a gauntlet arrives despite knowing all we get is feathers so I'd say folks are pretty heavily invested in these things

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Way too much, somtimes. Remember the death threats and doxing of Camilla fans when Lyn lost in the CYL gauntlet? Yeesh, that was insanity.

Luckily, while there was a lot of Ike salt from last round, it wasn't anything as bad as that. Maybe the fact Ike only got to the second round via multipliers anyway helped.(plus waifus are more serious business)

What about Ike-fus?

I'm so glad I stopped caring about the gauntlet even the slightest after Takumi lost to Shanna.

Also, my rank is awful because I didn't know what the most efficient way to spend my flags were. I purposely held onto some of my flags last match as well, so even if I spend all the flags I can get I will have 200 left over. But any amount of feathers is good. Also, it was funny being on Alfonse's team all the way through because I honestly expected him to lose on round 1.

EDIT: Speaking of Ike losing to Gunnthra, though, was the reaction all that bad compared to when Lyn lost to Camilla?

Edited by Sunwoo

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Plus the accidental teaser for the next banner toned down the salt, in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Plus the accidental teaser for the next banner toned down the salt, in my opinion. 

I wonder if they released the banner earlier than they intended to, since the cat was out of the bag already.

Alfonse supporters, it was an honor fighting alongside you. We gave it our best shot.

However, even though we lost, we managed to pull Alfonse to the finals, which for Alfonse, is an incredible feat.

And even though we lost to Gunnthra, because she is a Heroes only character, it's still something that's amazing in its own right. 

So this gauntlet, I had a lot of fun. The toxicity was actually low for once.