Support Grinding on Lunatic+?

Basically, has anyone invented an easy (non-DLC) method of grinding up supports on Lunatic+?  I always found it very difficult finding good opportunities to do so, due to how overpowered all the enemies are.  

Any ideas?

Staffs, Event tiles and buying then using seeds of trust from your own streetpass team are all good ways of doing so. Opening up the barracks can be helpful but the chances of getting the pair you want are slim. Support grinding can be done against spotpass/streetpass teams as you do still keep the support gain but you do only get 1 exp so it's not great for exp grinding.

3 hours ago, FionordeQuester said:

Basically, has anyone invented an easy (non-DLC) method of grinding up supports on Lunatic+?  I always found it very difficult finding good opportunities to do so, due to how overpowered all the enemies are.  

Any ideas?

Save the seed of trust of renown for a couple that is difficult to support. If she is one half of the couple, Olivia can grindDance her partner at least 12 times(?) each map they are in. Healers can Rescue themselves, if not heal each other when they gain some HP level ups. Make your couple step on any sparkly tiles. 

Are you trying to complete supports or you just want ways to get better at supporting ingame?

13 hours ago, ChickenWings said:

Are you trying to complete supports or you just want ways to get better at supporting ingame?

I want ways to get better at supporting.  I can support grind off Reeking Box encounters...but keeping everyone alive is an extraordinarily tedious, time-consuming process. 

I wanted a way that was faster.  That said, will I always have access to the Bonus Box + Streetpass teams?  Or will those features eventually disappear after like, 50 decades or so?

There's a way to barracks abuse. Basically, see which pair gets the support boost, then reload, go into a battle, and rearrange your roster so that the two people you want to support are in those positions. You can also use it to give the exp and stat boosts to whoever you want.

5 hours ago, FionordeQuester said:

I want ways to get better at supporting.  I can support grind off Reeking Box encounters...but keeping everyone alive is an extraordinarily tedious, time-consuming process. 

I wanted a way that was faster.  That said, will I always have access to the Bonus Box + Streetpass teams?  Or will those features eventually disappear after like, 50 decades or so?

Wouldn't you use Freddy or Robin to weaken the enemy low enough for the pair to be able to fight off the enemy?

Just now, ChickenWings said:

Wouldn't you use Freddy or Robin to weaken the enemy low enough for the pair to be able to fight off the enemy?

Have you played Lunatic+?  If you haven't...trust me.  The Reeking Box enemies scale VERY rapidly to keep up with Robin *shudder* !  You could have him/her with maxed out stats, and STILL struggle to survive!

Edited by FionordeQuester

19 minutes ago, FionordeQuester said:

Have you played Lunatic+?  If you haven't...trust me.  The Reeking Box enemies scale VERY rapidly to keep up with Robin *shudder* !  You could have him/her with maxed out stats, and STILL struggle to survive!

I have, and the problem is just slightly less bad on regular Lunatic.

Why not use Reeking Boxes on maps where there are lots of terrain and forts? Or chapters where fliers can easily move around? Mire is always a safe option for any Dark Mages to get support as well.

Just now, ChickenWings said:

Why not use Reeking Boxes on maps where there are lots of terrain and forts? Or chapters where fliers can easily move around? Mire is always a safe option for any Dark Mages to get support as well.

And that's what I'd been doing.

The problem isn't whether or not I can do that.  The problem was how long it took :P:

1 minute ago, FionordeQuester said:

And that's what I'd been doing.

The problem isn't whether or not I can do that.  The problem was how long it took :P:

Then why on Lunatic+ if you know you're not masochistic enough? :B):

Edited by ChickenWings

On 5/20/2018 at 7:42 AM, FionordeQuester said:

Because the point is to 100% the game on it's hardest setting.  That's where the challenge is!  Figuring out the best ways of doing what you want even in the harshest conditions!

After having beat Lunatic + before, "harshest conditions" while true is it's more "RNG Spamming" conditions, because actually been unable to beat maps because the game spawned too many units with specific skills isn't good difficulty.

Trust me you abuse street passes, and other the bonus box teams to support grind pre-dlc. The first one in Shadow Dragon has like 4 units so you can just spam that one out. It'll be slow but far far safe that having to reset every 5 minutes because every enemy on the map spawned with Luna+ and Hawkeye.