DisobeyedCargo does a nuzlocke of Pokémon Gold!

Vote here!  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is trading for evolutions allowed?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are time capsule shenanigans allowed to get certain items like hard powder?

• Yes
    • No

You managed to shave their HP pretty close to zero there.

Nice to see Mr Top Percentage.  Did you get his number, so he can call you up at 2:00 and talk about his Rattata?  I always thought it was weird that nobody ever names their Pokemon.  I can't imagine having a pet and not naming it.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

You managed to shave their HP pretty close to zero there.

Nice to see Mr Top Percentage.  Did you get his number, so he can call you up at 2:00 and talk about his Rattata?  I always thought it was weird that nobody ever names their Pokemon.  I can't imagine having a pet and not naming it.

Yeah rage came in handy for shaving HP down since the mechanics changed from gen 1

Oh shoot I didnt

ill grab it tommorow 

17 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

wow, how did you not see that you could choose?

Because I was a stupid kid lol.

Lol dat hoothoot name. Too bad it's not female, you could've named her Hooters! *shot*

1 hour ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

IMG_2875.jpg

He most likely won't be used permenantly cause of bad stats and typing 

We head to route 46 to nab another team member, and all we find is a house hold pest:

IMG_2876.jpg

We catch it anyway so it doesn't find its way to our house. Mom nearly fainted last time a Ratatta got in
IMG_2877.jpg

I decide to make its nickname a reference to the GameGrump's ratatta from Pokémon Firered
IMG_2878.jpg

We make our way to route 30 and get the encounter out of the way as soon as possible and find a OH GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE I HATE SPIDERS 

IMG_2880.jpg

We manage to catch the spider 
IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2881.jpgand this was the first nickname I thought of 
IMG_2882.jpg

More warm bodies is always nice, never know when you need them.

Was there any pokemon you were hoping to encouter here?

8 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Because I was a stupid kid lol.

Lol dat hoothoot name. Too bad it's not female, you could've named her Hooters! *shot*

I now kinda want to find a female hoothooot just for that 

6 hours ago, Bartozio said:

More warm bodies is always nice, never know when you need them.

Was there any pokemon you were hoping to encouter here?

I actually never really use death fodder in nuzlockes cause I like to do it with the least amount of deaths possible, tho miltank may require it 

I was hoping for a pidgey. Decent stats that fit it's typing and gives me access to a flier. It's always served me well

5 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Hoothoot is so cute, nice catch! You'll be alright, I think.

I do like hoothoot, but that base 50 attack when both its stabs are physical REALLY hurts it. It's HP is good and special defense is decent, but it's underwhelming overall in this gen

luckully sprout tower is up next, and the only Pokémon I miss can catch there that wouldn't activate dupes clause is a Ghastly, which thanks to its access to the elemental punches, has wide coverage 

I'll let you all decide if trading is allowed for evolution.

i should have time today for another update, but not now 

Sure, none of these catches are high tier, but sometimes it's the low tier ones that surprise you and go the distance. Or die horribly.

Also wait, did you catch a bellsprout too? Pretty sure that's also in Spout Tower.

Alright let's go time to adventure!

we start off by going and getting Joey's number cause why not?

On the way however we stop in Dark cave to get our encounter there, and what we get will rock your world:

IMG_2889.jpg

Geodude may not seem like much but I was actually hoping we would run into him, this is because  I now have a flat out counter to Whitney's Miltank, and Golem is a pretty powerful pokemon on its own, and hopefully it won't come to this, but he can explode if I need  to kill something.

thankfully the Geodude is actually a dude, so there's no awkward gender reveal mid capture. Fun fact male Pokémon in gen 2 actually have a higher attack  iv than females due to the attack iv being used for gender, so this means I might have a decent attack iv.

we manage to catch our first real team member and nickname him after a true fighter like he will be 

IMG_2891.jpg

we make our way back to Joey, and tell him we're his biggest fan, and he makes our day by giving us his phone number

IMG_2892.jpg

with that out of the way we make our way to sprout tower to train for the first gym!

27 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Alright let's go time to adventure!

we start off by going and getting Joey's number cause why not?

On the way however we stop in Dark cave to get our encounter there, and what we get will rock your world:

IMG_2889.jpg

Geodude may not seem like much but I was actually hoping we would run into him, this is because  I now have a flat out counter to Whitney's Miltank, and Golem is a pretty powerful pokemon on its own, and hopefully it won't come to this, but he can explode if I need  to kill something.

thankfully the Geodude is actually a dude, so there's no awkward gender reveal mid capture. Fun fact male Pokémon in gen 2 actually have a higher attack  iv than females due to the attack iv being used for gender, so this means I might have a decent attack iv.

we manage to catch our first real team member and nickname him after a true fighter like he will be 

IMG_2891.jpg

we make our way back to Joey, and tell him we're his biggest fan, and he makes our day by giving us his phone number

IMG_2892.jpg

with that out of the way we make our way to sprout tower to train for the first gym!

Do you actually want a relationship with Joey, or are you just leading him on?  I know it's easier to give them you're number, but don't be passive aggressive and just never answer when they call.

LOL Rezzy.

Too bad that geodude is male, a female is much better to use against Whitney's miltank because then she'd be immune to attract. Also you're not getting a golem without trading...

2 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

LOL Rezzy.

Too bad that geodude is male, a female is much better to use against Whitney's miltank because then she'd be immune to attract. Also you're not getting a golem without trading...

Thanks, if you're a fan of snark, I'm doing an Ironman LP of Conquest right now.

I'm so grateful I had a sister growing up, so I could trade evolve Pokemon.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks, if you're a fan of snark, I'm doing an Ironman LP of Conquest right now.

I'm so grateful I had a sister growing up, so I could trade evolve Pokemon.

I know you're doing that LP, yeah. Might pop in sometime.

I could trade evolve with friends, sometimes I did sometimes I didn't.

I uhh... don't think that support is up to code

IMG_2893.jpg

but I don't want an HM! I want my ride Pokémon back!

IMG_2894.jpg

Since we only have one possible encounter, we walk around braving our fears of the unown for a truly ghastly encounter 

IMG_2895.jpg

We FINALLY catch her after like 15 poison stings!

IMG_2897.jpg

aren't I creative? 
IMG_2898.jpg

After that we spend some time training our new team member outside the tower 

we then return and continue to climb the tower until we reach the top, and meet and old friend

IMG_2899.jpg

we luckily don't have to battle him, our team is low on health 

isnt that like 90% of the competitive fan base?

IMG_2900.jpg

we battle the old man and beat him fairly easily, gaining the power to flash people. We then escape rope out of here and do a bit more training before heading out to the gym. 

IMG_2901.jpg

The gym battle shall get its own update in just a bit, I need to train Rocky somemore 

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Do you actually want a relationship with Joey, or are you just leading him on?  I know it's easier to give them you're number, but don't be passive aggressive and just never answer when they call.

Don't worry I'm taking it nice and slow, we will start off as just friends 

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

LOL Rezzy.

Oh dang I forgot about that

well I don't have anyone with gold,but my friend has yellow and I have red, so I can pull some time capsule shenanigans 

Well training is finished, and Rocky managed to learn rock throw, so I've basically won already 

as promised here is the team

IMG_2902.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

We take care of the two generic mooks first, then we talk to Falkner 

IMG_2906.jpg

or a rock, or a freaking snowflake

The battle begins!

IMG_2907.jpg

we lead with Jetstream on Pidgey to get Jetstream closer to water gun, and I pretty much just press scratch untill it's dead 
IMG_2908.jpg

Jetstream grows to level 12 but does not learn water gun unfortunately...
IMG_2909.jpg

We next switch out to Geodude and Falkner brings out his hacked in Pidgeotto 
IMG_2910.jpg

we use our press here to win button in rock throw, and Pidgeotto does down after some mud slap shenanigans, winning us the Zephyrbadge!
IMG_2911.jpg

Falker has dissapointed his father and himself in letting his bird Pokémon die in this nuzlocke, so he gives us his last possession, and BOY is it pathetic
IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2913.jpg

Well that's it for tonight, my copy of Shadow Dragon arrived today, and I need to play it 

4 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Well training is finished, and Rocky managed to learn rock throw, so I've basically won already 

as promised here is the team

IMG_2902.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

We take care of the two generic mooks first, then we talk to Falkner 

IMG_2906.jpg

or a rock, or a freaking snowflake

The battle begins!

IMG_2907.jpg

we lead with Jetstream on Pidgey to get Jetstream closer to water gun, and I pretty much just press scratch untill it's dead 
IMG_2908.jpg

Jetstream grows to level 12 but does not learn water gun unfortunately...
IMG_2909.jpg

We next switch out to Geodude and Falkner brings out his hacked in Pidgeotto 
IMG_2910.jpg

we use our press here to win button in rock throw, and Pidgeotto does down after some mud slap shenanigans, winning us the Zephyrbadge!
IMG_2911.jpg

Falker has dissapointed his father and himself in letting his bird Pokémon die in this nuzlocke, so he gives us his last possession, and BOY is it pathetic
IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2913.jpg

Well that's it for tonight, my copy of Shadow Dragon arrived today, and I need to play it 

What kind of self-respecting Flying Gym Leader doesn't even have a Flying type move TM?

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

What kind of self-respecting Flying Gym Leader doesn't even have a Flying type move TM?

I know right?

this gym has gone downhill ever since his father stepped down 

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Nice to see a Ghastly make the team.  Gengar is one of my favorite pokes.

Yeah he's pretty cool

i wish ghost was usable on an actual ghost, but the punches will help with offense 

20 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Mud slap? Is that really what he gave in gen 2?

14 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Yup

its especially useless to me because I disallow myself from using accuracy reduction moveS

It was already useless back then (I could best sum it up as Sand Attack that can't hit fliers), but it got worse in gen 4 because it was made special.

22 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

I would suggest putting your images in spoilers (the eye icon) because the page takes a long time to load otherwise.

I shall do that starting now!

my apologies for the wait, of course the last week of school is the most hectic. I also won't be available during the weekend for a camping trip

out team is basically unscathed after Falkner cause of how sucky he is, so no need for a team update

Elm calls and for whatever reason doesn't bring up the window, he wants to give us the egg. He has his aid bring it to violet city, but if his aid was free to go to violet city, then he could have gone to Mr.Pokemon's house, but then we wouldn't have a very long game

so we go and get the egg, which I won't be using cause togetic sucks 

I thought that egg was his breakfast anyway?

oh no looks like I choose the wrong starter

Spoiler

IMG_2930.jpg

Anyway route 32 has opened up for us so we head down there after some errands for our next encounter, and here is what we get!

and it's... okay.

Spoiler

IMG_2931.jpg

Death symbol is the egg 

normally I'd be glad of finding her, but because of our starter it makes her largely irrelevant.

nevertheless we weaken and catch her, and give her a nickname 

Spoiler

IMG_2932.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

We take our unfortunately useless Pokémon and continue forward 

Spoiler

IMG_2935.jpg

I mean hey it's legal and regularly served in Kalos, I guess old Johto is stuck in its ways and won't try new things. 

Yeah sure I can easily cover that... shit I left my wallet in Alola, mind waiting a bit I need to find my ride pager 

we reach a new area, union cave, which means yet another crappy encounter! We are blessed with:

Shit 

and off a 5% encounter to 

shed be useful if we didn't have Geodude, I reallly wanted a zubat to!

Regardless we catch her and give her a nickname, we then press on 

I know I make the best nicknames

we now FINALLY have STAB damage!

Spoiler

IMG_2940.jpg

I forgot to get a picture but Poe learned mean look, which will be invaluable in catching the legendary beast, which is currently a tie between entei and suicune 

we leave union cave and enter route 33 and go straight for our encounter, and we get...

Spoiler

IMG_2941.jpg

Blessed!

Ive been waiting for this! Crobat is a very solid Pokémon that doesn't take that long to get to thanks to the soothe Bell and haircuts.

we Weaken and catch her(with one ball to spare!), giving her a  nickname

Spoiler

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2943.jpg

The nickname is a reference to the strongest bat like unique monster in Xenoblade Chronices. The first and not the last reference i have made to that game.

after that we enter Azalea town, where we instead head straight for Ilez forest for another encounter which is...

Spoiler

IMG_2944.jpg

Not bad, 

while we can't get Vilplume, belossome certainly isn't bad, and it helps round out our type lineup with a grass type 

although I only have one great ball so let's hope I catch it!

Spoiler

IMG_2945.jpg

We catch her!

now for the nickname 

Spoiler

IMG_2946.jpg

With that we will be ending our treck for today 

I will be training Vanflare and WeedWacker in the mean time 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo