DisobeyedCargo does a nuzlocke of Pokémon Gold!

Vote here!  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is trading for evolutions allowed?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are time capsule shenanigans allowed to get certain items like hard powder?

• Yes
    • No

8 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

so we go and get the egg, which I won't be using cause togetic sucks 

You monster-

Oh yeah, it's gen 2. Carry on.

8 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Shit 

and off a 5% encounter to 

shed be useful if we didn't have Geodude, I reallly wanted a zubat to!

Well, you can get Steelix, which would be a good choice in this gen.

Either way, your options are shaping up nicely. At least the next gym won't be tricky (at least from what I remember)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You monster-

Oh yeah, it's gen 2. Carry on.

Well, you can get Steelix, which would be a good choice in this gen.

Either way, your options are shaping up nicely. At least the next gym won't be tricky (at least from what I remember)

You can't get the metal coat untill postgame, and I can't pull any time capsule shenanigans with this one cause my friend would need gold

but yeah Scyther is basically dead 

44 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

You catching Zubat means you can have a basically guaranteed Slowking if you want one.

Oh neat, where's the trade?

26 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Well sucks that the metal coat is postgame only, I wonder why they did that.

No clue. You'd think they would make it easy to get since its new Pokémon 

1 hour ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

You can't get the metal coat until postgame, and I can't pull any time capsule shenanigans with this one cause my friend would need gold

Shame on how late Metal Coat is, though still worth considering if you need a replacement imo.

Anyone else you know with a Gen 2 title?

1 hour ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Oh neat, where's the trade?

Slowpoke Well only has 2 encounters on 1F, Slowpoke and Zubat. When you get Surf, there is a King's Rock on B1F of Slowpoke Well. If you have someone to trade with, give that King's Rock to your Slowpoke, and you get Slowking from that.

23 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Slowpoke Well only has 2 encounters on 1F, Slowpoke and Zubat. When you get Surf, there is a King's Rock on B1F of Slowpoke Well. If you have someone to trade with, give that King's Rock to your Slowpoke, and you get Slowking from that.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Shame on how late Metal Coat is, though still worth considering if you need a replacement imo.

Anyone else you know with a Gen 2 title?

I don't know anyone with a gen 2 title, o can only do time capsule shenanigans with gen 1

My apologies for the lack of updates, I've been away for a camping trip and just got back... and have work today. I'll get to training the team members tonight afterwards and see if I'm awake enough to continue. If not, As soon as I am awake tommorow I will work on an update.

i promise it'll be a big one!

Alright let's do this!

so I finished Zubat's training,. But in Weedwackers first battle he got hit by an unlucky crit and is our first casualty...I forgot to get a screen cap of it my bad

we name our death box (warning do not click if you don't want RWBY spoilers. You have been warned)

Spoiler

IMG_3006.jpg

I was really freaking mad after that. 

The egg also hatched and we give him a fitting nickname 

Spoiler

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3005.jpg

Vanflare's training took a long time, but once he got bite it was much easier from there 

so we now have out zubat trained up, and we head out to meet Kurt, the "Famed" creator of  incredibly niche Pokeballs!

Sure! Do I want the ball that will only do well on Pokémon that are the same species AND opposite gender, or the Pokeballs that gives a x4 catch rate on ONLY Pokémon that evolve with a moon stone? Oh wait I meant hell no.

maybe he's gone senile or something in his old age and that's why his Pokeballs suck? Sure let's go with that.

Spoiler

IMG_3008.jpg

What is with this game and forcing exposition and tutorials on me? Oh wait it's Pokémon that's why

Spoiler

image.jpg

So is no one gonna mention how Kalos regularly serves it and no one cares? And how slowpokes don't feel pain. No? Oh well.

Spoiler

image.jpg

We head down to the well to stop senile old Kurt from hurting anyone and himself 

We ignore the old and senile man to get our slowpoke we'll encounter. Annddd it's...

Spoiler

IMG_3009.jpg

great!

normally I'd be less excited, but slowpoke has good stats as well as a great movepool for it to work with, along with a great offensive typing to work with. He will defenitly be trained up since there isn't much electric or ghost/dark running around aside from the elite four. 

We weaken and catch him, and give him a meaningful nickname:

Spoiler

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

So we leave Kurt to hopefully not kill himself to go train our new friend. I shall return in some time!

He doesn't get water gun untill level 15....

36 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

so I finished Zubat's training,. But in Weedwackers first battle he got hit by an unlucky crit and is our first casualty...I forgot to get a screen cap of it my bad

What whacked Weedwacker?

9 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Geodude of all things 

And what did it use? Anyway, that's one for the "lost to something it should've beaten" count...

57 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Sure! Do I want the ball that will only do well on Pokémon that are the same species AND opposite gender, or the Pokeballs that gives a x4 catch rate on ONLY Pokémon that evolve with a moon stone? Oh wait I meant hell no.

Hey, he makes Fast, Heavy and Lure balls. Also Level balls (for something really low levelled (*coughKantocough)) and Friend balls (if you want a friendship evolution really quickly).

Though to be fair the moon ball is glitched in this game and just sucks. Also the Fast ball hilariously (Only works on Magnemite, Tangela and Grimer)

And RIP Weedwacker, who got whacked by a rock of all things.

24 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hey, he makes Fast, Heavy and Lure balls. Also Level balls (for something really low levelled (*coughKantocough)) and Friend balls (if you want a friendship evolution really quickly).

Though to be fair the moon ball is glitched in this game and just sucks. Also the Fast ball hilariously (Only works on Magnemite, Tangela and Grimer)

And RIP Weedwacker, who got whacked by a rock of all things.

Isn't the Love Ball glitched as well?

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Isn't the Love Ball glitched as well?

I can't believe I missed this one.

It only works on pokemon that are the same species and gender.

I guess they were unintentionally more progressive then.

We get homer trained to level 13 and go check on Kurt 

I wonder what exactly he said for a grunt to run away form a crazy old man?

Spoiler

IMG_3013.jpg

So we go through the caves beating up various generic mooks until we get to the end 

oh look it's Cassidy!

Spoiler

IMG_3017.jpg

I mean you guys have already been taken down by a ten year old so you don't have any rep

Spoiler

IMG_3018.jpg

We go and fight the "boss", who I don't feel needs a play by play since he's a generic 

that takes care of the slowpoke well. We head for the gym and battle all the generic mooks, solving the puzzle of the gym

we go back and heal as well as get some useful items (potions and Pokeballs)

as usual I will give the gym battle a full play by play, and here is my team before hand:

Spoiler

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

Let's begin!

Spoiler

IMG_3039.jpg

To my knowledge he leads with Metapod or Kakuna, so I lead with Homer for some easy exp so I can get water gun and I was....

Right!

So all I can do is press tackle untill the metapod goes down. It took a while because of the hardens but I persevered!

Spoiler

IMG_3042.jpg

Bugsy is sending out his ace, his scyther. Normally I'd be scared, but we have rocky to crush this bug with a rock!

we switch to rocky and he sends out his scyther

Spoiler

IMG_3043.jpg

He attempts to lower my rock hard defenses, but I literally press rock throw once and I kill scyther 

rocky also grew to level 16 and learned magnitude.

Spoiler

IMG_3044.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

He sends out his last Pokémon, kakuna, and I send out homer again so I can level up for water gun 

Spoiler

IMG_3046.jpg

I press tackle, he uses poison sting for a while, and I get poisoned!

Spoiler

IMG_3047.jpg

Rather than using an antidote, I switch to Jetstream

Spoiler

IMG_3048.jpg

We have him finish off the Kakuna, winning us the Hive badge as well as TM49 fury cutter.

its a sucky move, but at least at a bug move

Spoiler

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

Here is the team after the battle:

Spoiler

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

Now if you will excuse me I need a Pokémon center 

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Yes you can. That doesn't change untill gen 4 where you are left with 1 hp

D'oh

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

No

Hide contents

IMG_3058.jpg

I'm not lying, if i didn't beat them I wouldn't be able to progress further in the game

Hide contents

IMG_3058.jpg

Good thing I healed, cause surprise rival battle!

Can you really even call them Team Rocket by anything but in name only?  Poaching Slowpoke Tails isn't exactly up to their old standard.

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Can you really even call them Team Rocket by anything but in name only?  Poaching Slowpoke Tails isn't exactly up to their old standard.

Team Saturday morning cartoon villains was taken 

Chris leads with ghastly and I lead with Homer, which is bad... so I switch out to Vanflare immediately so I can kill ghastly with bite

Spoiler

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg

I use bite and he uses lick, and unfortunately get paralyzed.

I continue to persevere through it getting full para three times in a row...and eventually ghastly goes down!

Spoiler

IMG_3063.jpg

He is sending in his own zubat, so we send out our killer of all birds Rocky 

Spoiler

IMG_3064.jpg

I just press rock throw and zubat dies. Seems to be a recurring theme

Spoiler

IMG_3065.jpg

He's sending out his joke again, so I decide maybe not keep Rocky in for a *4 effective attack, so we switch in Poe 

Spoiler

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

I decide to be a bit more tactful and go for the sleep on hypnosis, and luckily I get it on the first try!

Spoiler

IMG_3067.jpg

So I basically just freely hit at Bayleef with lick for a while until it decides to crit us with razor leaf

Spoiler

IMG_3068.jpg

I think for a bit, and decide to heal up and wait for a chance to heal Vanflare, which I get on the first try .

i then switch to Vanflare to tank those razor leafs much easier 

Spoiler

IMG_3069.jpg

I pop a parlyz heal and a potion

i then try to go for a supersonic, but I miss and decide to not get cocky

then I spam bite for way too long until I win!

Spoiler

IMG_3070.jpg

Here is the team after the battle:

Spoiler

IMG_3071.jpg

IMG_3072.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

Edited by DisobeyedCargo