DisobeyedCargo does a nuzlocke of Pokémon Gold!

Vote here!  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is trading for evolutions allowed?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are time capsule shenanigans allowed to get certain items like hard powder?

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I wonder what exactly he said for a grunt to run away form a crazy old man?

nANRwVv.gif

4 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I just press rock throw and zubat dies. Seems to be a recurring theme

Rocks fall: everyone dies seems to be holding up so far.

Ilex next. Shame you can't get Celebi.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

nANRwVv.gif

I actually did get the celebi for the event from gold and silver on the 3ds, but that's kinda in a grey area as opposed to usuing it. It would defenitly make the run unique, but I don't know if I can actually transfer it into gold. If I can I may consider doing that 

13 hours ago, Dayni said:

nANRwVv.gif

Also that made me laugh so hard 

I get the feeling falling rocks is gonna be a recurring joke in this run 

its adventure time!

so we head into the Ilex forest and make our way through untill we find a lost kid looking so distraught 

Spoiler

image.jpg

insert witty coal pun here

He's lost his farfetched who is apparently the only Pokémon in the world who can cut down a bush

so we go and do the simple puzzle which I don't feel like I need to show. It's just me walking around trapping a poor bird 

Spoiler

IMG_3096.jpg

this is a relic of the pagan god 

helix that must be destroyed

Spoiler

IMG_3097.jpg

then why do you work for this guy?

We got the 2nd worst TM in the game!

Spoiler

image.jpg

We also stop by his house for a charcoal before heading on our way and teaching weedwhacker cut 

we get the headbutt TM which is an okay move, but the only Pokémon worth getting from the trees is heracross (bad movepool)  and eggxecute(low encounter)

we also get  TM 12 sweet scent...

we reach route 34, meaning it's time for a new encounter!

our newest warm body is!!

Spoiler

IMG_3098.jpg

interesting?

i can actually see this being useful, copying a Pokémon on the other opponents team can add a lot of strategic value.

the hard powder can help give it some safety when transforming, but that requires time capsule shenanigans. If my friend catches a ditto in yellow and time capsules it to me I can get to a hard powder.

I'll add a poll saying if that is acceptable  

We manage to catch our new teammate and give it a nice nickname 

Spoiler

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

With our new Pokémon in tow we head our way to Goldenrod city, the land of the main shop and the TMs I have been waiting for! The elemental punches!

But that will have to wait. There is another route beyond Goldenrod, route 35 specifically 

the encounter is:

Spoiler

IMG_3105.jpg

Quite good. Good all around states, unique typing, and I don't think I need to mention it's amazing movepool

the only real problem is that the elemental punches are weaker than the boltbeams, but eh it's still quite good and it's not that much a drop in power

We catch and nickname our new friend 

Spoiler

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_3107.jpg

His gen 3 sprite makes him look like a psycho and Kramer from Seinfeld is kinda crazy 

I also went ahead and grabbed the bike so I can move fast 

thats about it for this time. I shall prepare for the gym In the mean time 

Anddd where back insert cringy welcome line here

I found out that in order to get a moon stone, my total savings to my mother must be at least 15000, so we have a bit to go.

we also head to the national park for our next encounter. and the results may shock you

Spoiler

IMG_3114.jpg

its bad

bad typing

bad stats

okay moves

were not using this thing 

We catch the new encounter and nickname her

Spoiler

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

I was thinking live bait as I would only use her as fodder but I'm not that cruel.

Well that was fast. Apparently one kid can advertise to a whole nation in 10 minutes.

Spoiler

IMG_3113.jpg

We also get another encounter on route 36 which isssssssss

Spoiler

IMG_3119.jpg

the exact same as Nidoran but with more defense and less offense 

can make a good replacement should the worst happen 

We bag and tag our new encounter, and we dub her

Spoiler

IMG_3120.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

With all that out of the way there is not much to do before the gym except for the quiz, which we do amazing on

Spoiler

IMG_3122.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

mom always said I was special

i have successfully cemented my place in hell 

i also found TM04 rollout.

with nothing else to do we walk into the gym and take out the generic mooks for some money and experience to speed along training 

with that done we go do some TM shopping and we get the elemental punches to teach to our party. 

while training we also had some evolutions!

Spoiler

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

Here is the team right before the fight:

Spoiler

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3137.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

As always the gym battle shall be given a play by play in its own post 

No your miltank is good

Spoiler

IMG_3146.jpg

And it's Cow time!

Spoiler

IMG_3147.jpg

Whitney's first Pokémon isn't too tough aside from metronome being unpredictable, so we lead with Kramer

Spoiler

IMG_3148.jpg

We're not pulling any punches in this fight, so we go with the double... kick?

double kick does a little over half, an easy 2HKO. And Clefairy goes for the doubleslap, doing just over half damage thanks to a crit 

Spoiler

IMG_3149.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

I once again go for the double kick, taking out the clefairy

Spoiler

IMG_3152.jpg

And here it is. The dreaded Miltank. We make no jokes and go right for Rocky, our best tank for Mil"tank"

Spoiler

IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

Miltank is obviously gonna outspeed us, so I decide to go for a more defensive play and use defense curl. Miltank uses stomp for whatever reason but doesn't get the flinch, and we get our defenses buffed 

Spoiler

IMG_3157.png

IMG_3158.png

I decide to go for a 2nd defense curl jsut to make sure I'm safe. Miltank goes for ATTRACT. And we are immobilized by love!

Spoiler

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg

At this point I decide I should start attacking to try and get damage off. I go for rock throw and Miltank Does stomp but I get though flinch and the infatuation. Doing quite little damage

Spoiler

IMG_3161.jpg

miltank then goes for rollout, which in not worried about. 

For the next few turns I jsut chip at it with my moves. I get very close to death so I heal up next turn

Spoiler

IMG_3162.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

Miltank actually gets into red health AND misses the final rollout , but I think you all can guess what she's going for next...

Spoiler

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

Sigh...

at this point it's pretty much the same thing back and forth untill it uses rollout again which gives me a chance to wear it down untill it's DEAD! We win with no deaths!

Spoiler

IMG_3165.jpg

No I'm glad I made you cry. You deserve it. Now do your government given job and hand me my badge 

Spoiler

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

guys, that was the run. This is the end we may as well have beaten the nuzlocke. We have the plainbadge! And TM45 attract which I will never use since it's gender exclusive confusion 

Spoiler

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

Here's what our team is looking like now

Spoiler

IMG_3173.jpg

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

2 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Should be working now 

I only see the text, but since this is a Nuzlocke, we can't have pics for the rest of the LP, since the links have died.

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Should be working now 

Also, aren't the pics from one part repeats of an earlier part in the fight? Because I don't see the pic where Attract was used.

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Also, aren't the pics from one part repeats of an earlier part in the fight? Because I don't see the pic where Attract was used.

Ugh damn it it was working just fine 

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I only see the text, but since this is a Nuzlocke, we can't have pics for the rest of the LP, since the links have died.

Pics are in spoilers to let the page load easier 

6 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

guys, that was the run. This is the end we may as well have beaten the nuzlocke.

I wouldn't say that just yet, there's still 5 gyms, criminals, an E4 and Kanto left.

Anything can happen. Good job with no death on Whitney.

Edited by Dayni

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I wouldn't say that just yet, there's still 5 gyms, criminals, an E4 and Kanto left.

Anything can happen. Good job with no death on Whitney.

I'd like to remain positive 

Well let's open the pictures aren't a clusterfuck like before

we start off by grabbing the... sprayduck? Squirtbottle? [/s] Wailmer Pail[/s]? I dunno I'm typing this out right before I get it and I'm too lazy to look it up

what do you know it was SquirtBottle!

Spoiler

IMG_3198.jpg

We make for the "Tree" that was blocking the way. We water it, doing our good deed for the day, and as thanks it runs up and gives us a big ole hug!

Spoiler

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

He's getting a little too close and touchy with those hands, so we have him back off with a couple more blasts of water. I'm not allowed to give him a home since I already caught something 

Spoiler

IMG_3202.jpg

It's a STAB move at least?

Spoiler

IMG_3207.jpg

With ourself defended we continue onward toward the next point of interest, ecruteak city! I hope I spelled that right

Wheres my Eevee?

Spoiler

IMG_3208.jpg

Do you have my Eevee?

Spoiler

IMG_3209.jpg

Oh I just finished the adjustments on my time machine. Now I'm gonna go fine tune my cure for cancer and test my perpetual motion machine.

Spoiler

IMG_3210.jpg

ALSO WHERE IS MY EEVEE!!?

I will follow you to the ends of the earth if it means I get an Eevee. Which I will now do.

Spoiler

IMG_3211.jpg

THANK YOU 

I LOVE EEVEE

Spoiler

IMG_3212.jpg

We make room in our party and FINALLY get his Eevee. One quick look at the poll dictates that this Eevee shall become an Espeon! That poll can now come down!

Spoiler

IMG_3213.jpg

@Nym does this make you happy?

Spoiler

IMG_3214.jpg

After getting our newest team edition we head back to Ecruteak city, where I head to the burnt tower where I hope for a certain encounter. Let's hope I'm not dissapointed!

Spoiler

IMG_3215.jpgGod damit I hate surprise rival battles. I don't remember when they are!

lukily I just healed. 

Since its an important battle I'll give it its own play by play later so I don't overload everyone.

27 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

we start off by grabbing the... sprayduck? Squirtbottle? [/s] Wailmer Pail[/s]? I dunno I'm typing this out right before I get it and I'm too lazy to look it up

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3198.jpg

We make for the "Tree" that was blocking the way. We water it, doing our good deed for the day, and as thanks it runs up and gives us a big ole hug!

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

He's getting a little too close and touchy with those hands, so we have him back off with a couple more blasts of water. I'm not allowed to give him a home since I already caught something 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3202.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3207.jpg

With ourself defended we continue onward toward the next point of interest, ecruteak city! I hope I spelled that right

Wheres my Eevee?

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3208.jpg

Do you have my Eevee?

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3209.jpg

Oh I just finished the adjustments on my time machine. Now I'm gonna go fine tune my cure for cancer and test my perpetual motion machine.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3210.jpg

I will follow you to the ends of the earth if it means I get an Eevee. Which I will now do.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3211.jpg

THANK YOU 

I LOVE EEVEE

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3212.jpg

We make room in our party and FINALLY get his Eevee. One quick look at the poll dictates that this Eevee shall become an Espeon! That poll can now come down!

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3213.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3214.jpg

After getting our newest team edition we head back to Ecruteak city, where I head to the burnt tower where I hope for a certain encounter. Let's hope I'm not dissapointed!

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3215.jpgGod damit I hate surprise rival battles. I don't remember when they are!

lukily I just healed. 

Since its an important battle I'll give it its own play by play later so I don't overload everyone.

I can't see the pictures

Edit: I can for some reasons in my quote so nvm.

Yay! Thanks for letting me be in your nuzlocke!

Edited by Nym

30 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Hide contents

IMG_3198.jpg

Hide contents

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

Hide contents

IMG_3202.jpg

Hide contents

IMG_3207.jpg

Wheres my Eevee?

Hide contents

IMG_3208.jpg

Do you have my Eevee?

Hide contents

IMG_3209.jpg

Hide contents

IMG_3210.jpg

Hide contents

IMG_3211.jpg

THANK YOU 

I LOVE EEVEE

Hide contents

IMG_3212.jpg

Hide contents

IMG_3213.jpg

Hide contents

IMG_3214.jpg

Hide contents

lukily I just healed. 

Sudowoodo doesn't seem like it would be big enough to completely block off the path.  Terrible typing aside, I always wondered why it wasn't Rock/Grass.

Yay, hopefully Nym doesn't die.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Sudowoodo doesn't seem like it would be big enough to completely block off the path.  Terrible typing aside, I always wondered why it wasn't Rock/Grass.

Yay, hopefully Nym doesn't die.

It's pseudo woodo

fake wood

petrefied wood

making  it grass would get rid of the pun 

15 minutes ago, Nym said:

I can't see the pictures

Edit: I can for some reasons in my quote so nvm.

Yay! Thanks for letting me be in your nuzlocke!

Huh odd

maybe it has something to do with me putting them in spoilers?

no problem you will not die!