DisobeyedCargo

DisobeyedCargo does a nuzlocke of Pokémon Gold!

Vote here!  

22 members have voted

  1. 3. Is trading for evolutions allowed?

    • Yes
      12
    • No
      2
  2. 4. Are time capsule shenanigans allowed to get certain items like hard powder?

    • Yes
      5
    • No
      4


Recommended Posts

Well my senior year is almost over, and I'll have a good amount of free time, so why not document an LP?

the rules:

1. I may only catch the first Pokémon in an area, and if I fail the encounter, I do not get a Pokémon from that area

2. If a Pokémon faints it is considered dead, and must be put in the box permenantly 

3. All Pokémon must be nicknamed

4. Shiny and dupes clauses are active (if I find a shiny regardless of if it's my first encounter or not I can catch and use it, and if I find a Pokémon I already have or have had I can choose to continue encountering Pokémon untill I get something new, to add to the variety)

5. All gift Pokémon will be accepted. Wether they will be used or not depends on the team ATM

6. I will allow myself ONE legendary beast, which will be determined by the viewers 

7. Ho Oh and Lugia are off limits due to how powerful they are, this is supposed to be a challenge after all!

8. The Nuzlocke officially begins when we get Pokeballs 

we have won the nuzlocke when we have beaten Red upon Mt. Silver.

all images taken will have links posted to view them, this way I don't have to delete images to comply with the posting limit 

comments and questions are welcomed and appreciated!

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooool, this sounds fun! I voted Espeon and Raikou, for no particular reason. I'm planning to do a nuzlocke soon too, but I can't wait how this one turns out! I will be praying for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2018 at 11:04 AM, Michelaar said:

Cooool, this sounds fun! I voted Espeon and Raikou, for no particular reason. I'm planning to do a nuzlocke soon too, but I can't wait how this one turns out! I will be praying for you.

Ohh fun. 

This one should go good aside from the occasion miltank 

Just so everyone know I will be posting links to all images I take. The quality is iffy due to me not being able to take regular screenshots, my apologies.

After sneaking into oaks room and waking him up we set the time to 12:00 cause I'm too lazy to look at my own clock.

We then officially dub ourselves with the name of Cargo, because I couldn't put disobeyed in.

Professor Oak then uses his magical shrink ray to transport us to the world of Pokémon!

after some radio and some light reading we head downstairs!

IMG_2831.jpg
IMG_2830.jpg
IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg
IMG_2834.jpg
IMG_2835.jpg

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always loved nuzlockes, cause the suspense and drama was always fun to watch/read. Voted for Vaporeon and Suicune

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2018 at 11:09 AM, Poimagic said:

I always loved nuzlockes, cause the suspense and drama was always fun to watch/read. Voted for Vaporeon and Suicune

I hope mine is entertaining enough 

Our mom tells us that Elm is looking for him, I hope it's not for the window of his I broke...

and our mom gives us our phone that was broken for unknown reasons, then teaches us how to use it for some reason, even though we already had it before...

 

IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg
IMG_2842.jpg 

 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We see a boy staring directly into the Pokémon lab from a broken window housing rare and unique Pokémon, eh it's Elm's problem.

Elm asks us to go visit his friend for him, and we diecude why not

and this is where we choose our trusted partner!

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

 

IMG_2845.jpg

 

we then nickname our new partner , welcoming him into the team!

IMG_2846.jpg

professor Elm tells us our destination is near Cherrygrove, on our way we will make a stop in said city for more basic tutorial stuff which I assume no one wants screenshots of!

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We arrive in CherryGrove city, where in The meantime our starter grew to level 6

we get the standard tutorial stuff out of the way, and then we are on our way 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude, Glaceon isn't in gold! You might want to fix that poll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Dude, Glaceon isn't in gold! You might want to fix that poll.

OOF 

fixed it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We finally arrived at Mr.Pokemon's house!

IMG_2848.jpg

We have received the mystery egg, how exactly it stays warm and safe in our backpack I don't know 
IMG_2849.jpg

 

 

We met literally 1 Minute ago and you are somehow able to find out I can be trusted with the latest technological advancement in data recording...
IMG_2850.jpg

Eh sure I'll help out why not 


IMG_2851.jpg

we recieved the pokedex!
IMG_2852.jpg

We get a call from Professor Elm and it does not sound good. Shit I guess he found out about the broken window, great. We make out way to Elm to face the consequences of our actions

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A mystery boy runs into us and calls us a wimp. We don't take that kinda crap, so we challenge him to a  battle!

 

IMG_2857.jpg

we send out our starter, and he sends out his joke

after the standard early game battle we grow to level 7 and learn rage, a very risky move to use.

IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg
 

After telling us his name, he runs off and we continue the treck to Elm's house.

 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wanderer-Of-Fates said:

I voted Espeon and Suicune, good luck DisobeyedCargo! 

Haha I like your documentation of the journey.

Thanks,I do my best

the beginning is rather text heavy as is all RPGs.

updates will typically be when I reach a new town or cave, along with any important events in the town. Buying potions, entering random buildings and such will not have pictures dedicated to them. 

updates will also be added for team additions, changes, deaths, and a team will always be shown before and after a gym battle. 

Gym battles will be given a play by play but pictures will be shown only when a Pokémon faints, as other wise that would be a lot of photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

we send out our starter, and he sends out his joke

Mate, wanna go?

Looking forward to see how this continues.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2018 at 1:43 PM, Bartozio said:

Mate, wanna go?

Looking forward to see how this continues.

 

I love chickorita as much as you do, but you can't deny it SUCKS in game 

in an earlier playthrough, I straight up beat chickorita with my starter every time despite the type disadvantage 

oh crap Elm got the police involved. It was just a window man chill!

IMG_2860.jpg

Oh they just want info on the Pokémon thief. I decide to name him after an old friend of mine.
IMG_2862.jpg

no Elm it's breakfast delivery, freshly laid egg 
IMG_2864.jpg

What potential, we talked for like 10 seconds?
IMG_2866.jpg

The professors aid gives us Pokeballs, meaning the nuzlocke has officially began!

anyway we go speak to our mom, who wants to save our money, I say yes due to my horrible money management skills and the fact she will buy us cool items.

IMG_2868.jpg

we then set off and get a Pokémon catching tutorial that I don't think I need to show 

after wards we set off on our Journey 

this should be a good time to mention This. I will do capture updates whenever I reach a new town so as it to overload everyone with posts, unless it is a special encounter like a legendary or a shiny.

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have to follow this.  Is there a way to post the images directly on the page?

sJDNZqi.png?1

Edited by Rezzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be, I use it for my LP.

You have to look for the embed links, each image has one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dayni said:

There should be, I use it for my LP.

You have to look for the embed links, each image has one.

Oops my bad, I'll look for that on future photos 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I should let everyone know that an update will go out tommorow. I have work today so it's not feasible, but I will try tonight to edit all the links so the pictures are embedded 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I have updated all posts so the picture is directly imbedded in the post for your ease of viewing!

Nice! Looks good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2018 at 1:00 PM, DisobeyedCargo said:

I love chickorita as much as you do, but you can't deny it SUCKS in game 

in an earlier playthrough, I straight up beat chickorita with my starter every time despite the type disadvantage 

oh crap Elm got the police involved. It was just a window man chill!

IMG_2860.jpg

Oh they just want info on the Pokémon thief. I decide to name him after an old friend of mine.
IMG_2862.jpg

no Elm it's breakfast delivery, freshly laid egg 
IMG_2864.jpg

What potential, we talked for like 10 seconds?
IMG_2866.jpg

The professors aid gives us Pokeballs, meaning the nuzlocke has officially began!

anyway we go speak to our mom, who wants to save our money, I say yes due to my horrible money management skills and the fact she will buy us cool items.

IMG_2868.jpg

we then set off and get a Pokémon catching tutorial that I don't think I need to show 

after wards we set off on our Journey 

this should be a good time to mention This. I will do capture updates whenever I reach a new town so as it to overload everyone with posts, unless it is a special encounter like a legendary or a shiny.

It's not saving your money if she spends it all on Home Shopping Network.

13 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

@Rezzy @Dragoncat @Wanderer-Of-Fates @Dayni @Bartozio  @Poimagic @Michelaar As well as future viewers I have updated all posts so the picture is directly imbedded in the post for your ease of viewing!

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually end up refusing to let mom save the money because I get broke easier that way.

Funny story: you know how the rival introduces himself as three question marks? First playthrough I literally named him just that because I didn't know you got to choose his name or that his name was Silver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Great! Chris huh?

Yeah, he was an old friend of mine back in middle and some of high school, we lost touch with eachother.

 

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It's not saving your money if she spends it all on Home Shopping Network.

Thanks

Well she does get me some pretty neat items from what I recall, and I've never had too many problems with not having enough healing items so why not?

 

6 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

I usually end up refusing to let mom save the money because I get broke easier that way.

Funny story: you know how the rival introduces himself as three question marks? First playthrough I literally named him just that because I didn't know you got to choose his name or that his name was Silver.

She's actually gotten me a focus sash in heartgold before, but this is gold so not applicable 

wow, how did you not see that you could choose?

 

 

Any way I don't need to be in school Super early So I'll make a short update 

we find our first real encounter, and boy is it a real hoot

IMG_2873.jpg

 

The hunt is successful, and we nab our first "team mate"
IMG_2874.jpg

10/10 best nickname 
IMG_2875.jpg

 

He most likely won't be used permenantly cause of bad stats and typing 

 

We head to route 46 to nab another team member, and all we find is a house hold pest:

IMG_2876.jpg

We catch it anyway so it doesn't find its way to our house. Mom nearly fainted last time a Ratatta got in
IMG_2877.jpg

I decide to make its nickname a reference to the GameGrump's ratatta from Pokémon Firered
IMG_2878.jpg

Before heading off to the next route I stock up on some basic supplies.

IMG_2879.jpg

We make our way to route 30 and get the encounter out of the way as soon as possible and find a OH GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE I HATE SPIDERS 

IMG_2880.jpg

We manage to catch the spider 
IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2881.jpgand this was the first nickname I thought of 
IMG_2882.jpg

 

And normally I won't post updates on generic battles, but this guy isn't just any generic trainer! He's the toughest of the tough!

He and his partner are so tough they ate a bowl of nails for breakfast, without any milk....

IMG_2883.jpg

hardest fight in the game right there, we've won basically 
IMG_2884.jpg

The rest of the route continues as normal, getting some levels and picking up some items until we reach Violet City. That's all I have time for today. I'd do the dark cave encounter but I'm tired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.