Julius and Ishtar, creepy or sweet?

Jotari

11 hours ago, hanhnn said:

So what if Julius is purified and return back to normal, should Celice let him be alive and inherited Velthomer or should he still gets killed anyway.

I don't see why there'd be any reason to kill him as far as crimes go. He was literally a different person. If it's to prevent Loptyr from returning, that seems excessively cruel and possibly unnecessary. Just throw the book into a bag of rocks ands toss it in the ocean. I'm actually not sure why they they didn't just do that the first time.

It wouldn't be in Seliph or Julia's character to want to execute him, but regardless of the circumstances it would be a tall order convincing the populous, as well as those who fought alongside Seliph, to forgive and forget.  As we learn from one of the villages in Augustria, it is not uncommon for people to be burned at the stake if they're even suspected of having some relation to Loptous or the cult.  How much the average person knew about Julius's circumstances isn't well known, but there's bound to be some who were aware of the connection.  Having the guy who (in body, anyway) orchestrated the child hunts put in charge of one the most prominent houses in Grannvale is probably not the kind of baggage Seliph needs.  

I can see a scenario playing out where "officially", Julius dies in the final battle.  Unofficially, the purified Julius is secretly exiled to a remote part of the continent under an assumed name, to live out the rest of his life in peace. 

5 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

I don't see why there'd be any reason to kill him as far as crimes go. He was literally a different person. If it's to prevent Loptyr from returning, that seems excessively cruel and possibly unnecessary. Just throw the book into a bag of rocks ands toss it in the ocean. I'm actually not sure why they they didn't just do that the first time.

Well, they should at least castrate him, just in case.

24 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

It wouldn't be in Seliph or Julia's character to want to execute him, but regardless of the circumstances it would be a tall order convincing the populous, as well as those who fought alongside Seliph, to forgive and forget.  As we learn from one of the villages in Augustria, it is not uncommon for people to be burned at the stake if they're even suspected of having some relation to Loptous or the cult.  How much the average person knew about Julius's circumstances isn't well known, but there's bound to be some who were aware of the connection.  Having the guy who (in body, anyway) orchestrated the child hunts put in charge of one the most prominent houses in Grannvale is probably not the kind of baggage Seliph needs.  

I can see a scenario playing out where "officially", Julius dies in the final battle.  Unofficially, the purified Julius is secretly exiled to a remote part of the continent under an assumed name, to live out the rest of his life in peace. 

It seems the local populace are not ignorant to the fact that Loptyr has returned. However, according to Oifey, most suspect Alvis is the super villain running things. August in Thracia 776 believes Julius is Loptyr though, so I'd say there's a large amount of Alvis defenders who place the blame on Julius.

Edited by Jotari

50 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It seems the local populace are not ignorant to the fact that Loptyr has returned. However, according to Oifey, most suspect Alvis is the super villain running things. August in Thracia 776 believes Julius is Loptyr though, so I'd say there's a large amount of Alvis defenders who place the blame on Julius.

August serves "Lewyn" though in some way, and Forseti certainly knows the truth.

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

Well originally, Julia's sisterly love was supposed to save Julius, or I've heard.

I do wonder if after what, ten years of possession Julius was beyond the point of salvation even if you took the tome from him. His personality is affected by Loptyr's possession and you wonder how deep it might go. It could be possible he'd never recover (so he'd die), or recover only slowly and with permanent scarring. 

6 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Just throw the book into a bag of rocks ands toss it in the ocean. I'm actually not sure why they they didn't just do that the first time.

I'm sure the book would magically survive being water logged, although acquiring it again would be difficult. And the question deserves to be raised how the Crusaders eradicated the Major bloodline, but didn't seal the tome away or something. You'd think the Loptyrian Emperor would have fought to the death with his greatest weapon.

@Jotari That still seems rather harsh IMO.

@Interdimensional Observer Oh no doubts about it surviving. I just figure Jugdral won't have subs for quite a while so the book probably won't be getting recovered from the ocean floor easily. It's purely head cannon, but my guess is they did in the sense that they stuck it in some impenetrable vault somewhere but neglected to realize impenetrable only matters when the person doesn't have permission, which Manfroy would've gotten with all his conniving.

21 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

If an ancient dragon is using him like a sock puppet (like Lewyn) to date cute girls that's super creepy.

He stops the dating girls thing once he's possessed.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

@Jotari That still seems rather harsh IMO.

@Interdimensional Observer Oh no doubts about it surviving. I just figure Jugdral won't have subs for quite a while so the book probably won't be getting recovered from the ocean floor easily. It's purely head cannon, but my guess is they did in the sense that they stuck it in some impenetrable vault somewhere but neglected to realize impenetrable only matters when the person doesn't have permission, which Manfroy would've gotten with all his conniving.

Harsh, but if you want your dragon gods gone, effective.

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

He stops the dating girls thing once he's possessed.

What are you basing that on? One of his last pieces of dialogue in the game is him trying to convince Ishtar not to get herself killed. Like sure, he doesn't show any particular interest in Ishtar when he goes full dragon in his death quote, but it's hardly strange that he doesn't given she's dead at that point, he's dying and it's over in less than ten seconds.

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What are you basing that on? One of his last pieces of dialogue in the game is him trying to convince Ishtar not to get herself killed. Like sure, he doesn't show any particular interest in Ishtar when he goes full dragon in his death quote, but it's hardly strange that he doesn't given she's dead at that point, he's dying and it's over in less than ten seconds.

Hm? Oh, right, Julius. I was thinking Lewyn was the subject.

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

Hm? Oh, right, Julius. I was thinking Lewyn was the subject.

Well Beelzebub said using him as a sock puppet (like Lewyn), I imaging if Lewyn was the subject he would have said using him as a sock puppet to date girls (like Lewyn). Though phrasing it that way would also make it look like Lewyn is one of the girls.

16 hours ago, Jotari said:

Harsh, but if you want your dragon gods gone, effective.

True. I just feel like it's starting to get into the territory of eugenics and castrating the handicapped. Granted, they're not evil dragon gods who are bent on subjugating the populace and committing crimes against humanity.

Edited by bottlegnomes

2 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

True. I just feel like it's starting to get into the territory of eugenics and castrating the handicapped. Granted, they're not evil dragon gods who are bent on subjugating the populace and committing crimes against humanity.

That we know of!