So...who's Sanaki marrying?

Jotari

Sanaki getting the bride class is kind of surprising to me. I mean, she's a bit young by our modern sensibilities and does she even have any popular ships? The bulk of her interactions come from soft in, her personal guard, Sepherian, her ancient father figure, and Ike, who she absolutely would not marry due to class distinctions, even after she gave him a lordship. Plus, her complete lack of chemistry with him.

And yes, Heroes dodges the question by saying she's just dressing up for fun. Half a dozen people have pointed it out already. Yet this thread has traction and so it shall remain! Also

16 hours ago, eclipse said:

IF I SEE ANY SORT OF MORALITY CRAP IN THIS THREAD, I'M SUSPENDING THE PEOPLE WHO BRING IT UP/FURTHER DISCUSS IT FOR THE DURATION OF THE BRIDE BANNER.  THIS ALSO GOES FOR UNNECESSARILY LEWD COMMENTS.

If anyone cares enough about it, go make the topic in Serious Discussion, not this subforum.  I've already closed two threads because of it, and I'd rather not close a third.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tormod. Both plucky fire mages, around the same age, same country of origin, plus it'd be a good way for Begnion to bring laguz back to prominence in Begnion without doing what her ancestor did and marry one.

6 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Tormod. Both plucky fire mages, around the same age, same country of origin, plus it'd be a good way for Begnion to bring laguz back to prominence in Begnion without doing what her ancestor did and marry one.

Awww! The ship has sailed! 

Better than what I was going to say: a random noble.

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Man, now I kind of wish they made Altona part of this banner. Bride empress dual wielding Alondite and Ragnell! But I suppose that's not what these banners are really about.

9 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Awww! The ship has sailed! 

Better than what I was going to say: a random noble.

As Begnion’s laguz advisor, Tormod labored to help former slaves out of poverty. He was busy, but very happy.

He worked on it. Moving on up, boy!

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

No one. She is a ten-year-old girl wearing a wedding dress because it’s cute.

I was very definitely thinking Tormod would need a few years to even start wooing her canonically, and that's after her Radiant Dawn appearance. There's no overly difficult-to-deal-with Senate (with any luck), but there's still Tanith.

IF I SEE ANY SORT OF MORALITY CRAP IN THIS THREAD, I'M SUSPENDING THE PEOPLE WHO BRING IT UP/FURTHER DISCUSS IT FOR THE DURATION OF THE BRIDE BANNER.  THIS ALSO GOES FOR UNNECESSARILY LEWD COMMENTS.

If anyone cares enough about it, go make the topic in Serious Discussion, not this subforum.  I've already closed two threads because of it, and I'd rather not close a third.

For the topic at hand, no one.  She's ten years old.

Edited by eclipse

I actually like some of the quotes bride Sanaki has. It shows her being a bit cute in how she is sort of fantasizing about marrying. She has responsibilities, but she's still a girl, and there are always those cases where girls do dream of having a wedding and marrying someone. Their own prince charming.

How many girls grew up back then watching those old Disney movies like Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, etc.? 

So Sanaki having this side of her is nice. 

16 minutes ago, eclipse said:

For the topic at hand, no one.  She's ten years old.

I don't think anyone made any kind of comments like the one you're warning us about. Did you really have to say it so aggressively? 

Edited by omegaxis1

Well she might wants the wedding boucuet for Sephiran. Not because she's serious about it but well....how to say this, isn't there a cliché girls say they want to marry their dad during that time they're not even sure what marriage is? And Sephiran is pretty much her very handsome dad. Alternatively she can mean it as hint he need to find himself a lady already. Getting the flowers "for a friend " is apparantly a thing

There's also Tormod as an actual candidate that Sanaki actually wants to marry. Though not at this age. I can imagine their POR versions spend most time bickering and only realize any feelings long after RD.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

She deserves a man of utmost class and unparalleled beauty, so I'm giving her Oliver.  Already married the normal version to him so I'll just change it over during the TT.  Even with the generic supports in RD Oliver still has a unique one for Sanaki calling her my beautiful little lady and lovely little Empress so I can see he has eyes for her.

Edited by Nowi's Husband

30 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I know what the actual answer is, but I'm going to say her job.

It's a get out of marrying free card.

Considering her 5* 40, I'm mildly concerned it's the opposite. Not sure who the Senate has designs on marrying her off to, though.

...Now I think of it, who did Misaha marry? All of the Apostles between Altina and her? What choices do I have that aren't Ashnard or a Senator?

---

Alternatively she can mean it as hint he need to find himself a lady already. Getting the clowers "for a griend" is apparantly a thing

Nope. That was the punchline of the first go-around, and for the second, Sharena clearly mentioned she was going to fetch her friend to do the actual catching.

Edited by bethany81707

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Well she might wants the wedding boucuet for Sephiran. Not because she's serious about it but well....how to say this, isn't there a cliché girls say they want to marry their dad during that time they're not even sure what marriage is? And Sephiran is pretty much her very handsome dad. Alternatively she can mean it as hint he need to find himself a lady already. Getting the clowers "for a griend" is apparantly a thing

There's also Tormod as an actual candidate that Sanaki actually wants to marry. Though not at this age. I can imagine their POR versions spend most time bickering and only realize any feelings long after RD.

That's my headcanon for Robin and Lucina. Lucina's original timeline where Lucina grew up and was cared for by Robin as well, and she had a crush on him, wanting to marry him. It was that sweet childhood crush, and then after she went back in time, her crush for Robin just resurfaced and grew stronger into full-blown love. 

Except Tormod and Sanaki never really interact that much with one another, despite being similar in age.

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Considering her 5* 40, I'm mildly concerned it's the opposite. Not sure who the Senate has designs on marrying her off to, though.

...Now I think of it, who did Misaha marry? All of the Apostles between Altina and her? What choices do I have that aren't Ashnard or a Senator?

Political marriages are always the case here. Your feelings should not be the priority. It would be ideal, but as Empress and Apostle, your duty is towards your people, first and foremost. The only silver lining for there is the hope that you can love that husband when the time comes.

27 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I don't think anyone made any kind of comments like the one you're warning us about. Did you really have to say it so aggressively? 

Two threads blocked for fanning the flames of this “controversy” prove otherwise.

15 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

That's my headcanon for Robin and Lucina. Lucina's original timeline where Lucina grew up and was cared for by Robin as well, and she had a crush on him, wanting to marry him. It was that sweet childhood crush, and then after she went back in time, her crush for Robin just resurfaced and grew stronger into full-blown love. 

Except Tormod and Sanaki never really interact that much with one another, despite being similar in age.

Not on screen but there are implications of interactions off screen. Sanaki is the one who send Tormod to Daein and the narrator refers to Tormod as Sanaki's agent. Tormod also says Sephiran "never stood on ceremony wit us" meaning they have talked before. So there's reason to believe Tormod and Sanaki at least know each other.

37 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

She deserves a man of utmost class and unparalleled beauty, so I'm giving her Oliver.  Already married the normal version to him so I'll just change it over during the TT.  Even with the generic supports in RD Oliver still has a unique one for Sanaki calling her my beautiful little lady and lovely little Empress so I can see he has eyes for her.

Let's face it, Oliver could marry anyone he wants. The guy's just too damn beautiful to be denied.

36 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Now I think of it, who did Misaha marry? All of the Apostles between Altina and her? What choices do I have that aren't Ashnard or a Senator?

---

Shiharam Fizzart...Shiharam

13 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Not on screen but there are implications of interactions off screen. Sanaki is the one who send Tormod to Daein and the narrator refers to Tormod as Sanaki's agent. Tormod also says Sephiran "never stood on ceremony wit us" meaning they have talked before. So there's reason to believe Tormod and Sanaki at least know each other.

And yet they never once interact in Radiant Dawn due to joining different armies. Another bit of lost potential by not involving Tormod and friends in Act 3.

Edited by Jotari

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

And yet they never once interact in Radiant Dawn due to joining different armies. Another bit of lost potential by not involving Tormod and friends in Act 3

That's still the weirdest decision when it comes to unit screentime. Characters who got nothing to do with the whole war like Brom and Nephanee join but Tormod is content to lazily sit around in the desert and let others do the LEA's work for him. 

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Well if I get her, then she'll S-support herself because damn that synergy.

I actually got her on my first summoning round. Wasn't even going to invest anything beyond the free summon for this banner. Didn't even know regular Sanaki was in the game XD

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That's still the weirdest decision when it comes to unit screentime. Characters who got nothing to do with the whole war like Brom and Nephanee join but Tormod is content to lazily sit around in the desert and let others do the LEA's work for him. 

Yeah, Tormod kind of represents the Laguz Liberation and cooperation all in his character. It's strange he's not playable from the very start. If I remember correctly, he even kicked the whole thing off by delivering Rafiel to Galia.

1 hour ago, Nowi's Husband said:

She deserves a man of utmost class and unparalleled beauty, so I'm giving her Oliver.

But Oliver would only accept a person of absolute beauty, Sanaki is to cute to be Olivers bride XD

It's just matter of time before cuteness shift in true beauty. And together their magnificence would reach heavens!

Though they shouldn't show on public together by then. Commoner eyes could hardly withstand such powerful sight.

Edited by Tenzen12