So...who's Sanaki marrying?

Jotari

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Two threads blocked for fanning the flames of this “controversy” prove otherwise.

I see... Didn't even know those threads were closed.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Not on screen but there are implications of interactions off screen. Sanaki is the one who send Tormod to Daein and the narrator refers to Tormod as Sanaki's agent. Tormod also says Sephiran "never stood on ceremony wit us" meaning they have talked before. So there's reason to believe Tormod and Sanaki at least know each other.

At least. Though this does make me wish they had interacted more.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Fight me Leanne fanboys.

Image result for sanaki x naesala
(Sanaki x Naesela shipper 4 Life)

I know Leanne/Naesala had a secret end together if you supported them. And I remember doing a Sanaki/Naesala support run as well, but i can't remember if they had a joint ending?

Do people actually play the game or at least look up the game's transcripts? Seriously, she's just there out of curiosity - not unlike how nobles or royalty may attend and observe a festival due to their positions and not unlike how a kid wears a costume for fun.

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Do people actually play the game or at least look up the game's transcripts?

Its called head-canon mate. 

The game can tell me she's just there out of curiosity. 

I can tell the game I reject your reality and supplant it with my own.

After writing this blindly, I see I was not the first to come up with this.

The only person from Tellius I ever thought Sanaki could marry was Tormod. Both are Begnionite, and they're about the same age, his approximate age is 16 in RD, 13 in PoR, Sanaki is 13 in RD, a three-year difference isn't much and Sanaki is arguably more mature than him. Both have an affinity for fire magic too and interact slightly (just once for like two lines) in PoR. If the idea of Sanaki marrying a commoner is scandalous, Tormod as the Tellius Recollection reveals is actually the son of a fallen nobleman, which Muarim the former slave of the nobleman might be able to vouch for.

I didn't seriously ship the two however, I just had the thought.

And whomever Sanaki does marry, well Sephiran will certainly be walking her down the aisle. As he did on the day she was publicly coronated. I love their many many greats father-daughter dynamic. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Shes' clearly just trying before buying, If only Anna had thought of such an idea first. If it was anyone, as said, Tormod is the most likely, but being Sanaki she's just preparing for the future. And having a bit of fun for once. 

Also Poor mods' due to this Sanaki bride thing. They have to be on high alert for people going to the deep end.

Strangely enough, I like Tormod a lot and I like Sanaki a lot. What I don't like is them being a couple together -- even when they're older. They just ... don't really seem like they'd make a good pair. Also, I especially like that Sanaki (being a young girl) was mostly free of the shipping nonsense that hangs around the older characters in the Tellius games. Her priorities really don't have anything to do with being married, even for political reasons.

1 minute ago, Shoblongoo said:

No way in hell she's marrying a peasant boy.

Did you not see where I mentioned that technically, he is the lost heir to a fallen noble family? What a fabulous story that would be. "Empress Sanaki to Wed Dashing Prodigal Freedom Fighter, Sole Survivor of a Great House",  there is a certain romanticism to the idea that could sweep aside public and Senatorial objections.

Of course, Sanaki would have to want him in the first place, and from what we see of them, I don't think she'd be into him. At least not until he matures. There is also the question of which sex each would prefer. Nothing expressly identifies either as straight (nor Soren as gay, Kyza yes, Soren, no).

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

She can marry Elincia and they can begin to unite the continent together.

When she's older, of course.

Given Miccy has the throne of Daein, that'd put all Beorc nations under the rule of one family.

That is one little thing I like about RD, half the world, the Beorc half, is all ruled by women at the end. The Laguz half is all male- Skrimir, Tibarn, and Kurthnaga, but still, gender political rulership equality.

3 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

^Glad they said that, makes things a little less weird. But still pretty freaking weird. Of course this ten year old is the only one I've pulled.

I think of it like Halloween.  Just because there's kids dressed up as Ninja Turtles, doesn't mean they are actually Ninja Turtles.

7 hours ago, Thane said:

Well if I get her, then she'll S-support herself because damn that synergy.

This is brilliant!  If I had either, which probably won't happen anytime soon. :P:

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I think of it like Halloween.  Just because there's kids dressed up as Ninja Turtles, doesn't mean they are actually Ninja Turtles.

This is brilliant!  If I had either, which probably won't happen anytime soon. :P:

...I didn't realize you could S-Support two copies of the same person.  O_O

6 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

...I didn't realize you could S-Support two copies of the same person.  O_O

Pretty sure they meant pairing regular Sanaki and Bridal Bloom Sanaki.

She is only appearing in the costume, but not an actual Bride to be wed. She's more interested in letting everyone know that she's the 37th Emperess of Begnion. 

It would be fun to have an alternate universe of her go full Palpatine and say "I am the Senate" and turn the Britain-inspired Begnion into an absolute monarchy. 

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

My bride of course, I'm the pimp of the castle after all. Embarased... that is what I am right now for saying this.
Build a harem trust nobody.

Though I would have prefered if she appeared more RD, that is, like a teenager, not like a loli baked for loli bait, you can't have good thing with anime.

5 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Fight me Leanne fanboys.

Image result for sanaki x naesala
(Sanaki x Naesela shipper 4 Life)

I never understood why this pairing was a thing, or why I like it. I just do. Weird.
Alas, this would never be possible oustide of fanon, since Sanaki is Beorc and Naesela is Laguz.

... Stupid RD story that doesn't develop things.

Edited by B.Leu

She'll marry herself, after all she loves herself more than anything except maybe candy. Everyone needs to bring at least 50 bags of the most expensive candy they can afford or they won't be able to attend the ceremony.

Can she marry candy? Gaius could but then again he's a peasant and marrying candy would not give a good public image of the 37th Empress of Begnion. Forbidden love it is then!

10 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

She'll marry herself, after all she loves herself more than anything except maybe candy. Everyone needs to bring at least 50 bags of the most expensive candy they can afford or they won't be able to attend the ceremony.

Can she marry candy? Gaius could but then again he's a peasant and marrying candy would not give a good public image of the 37th Empress of Begnion. Forbidden love it is then!

Maybe she can pick Stewie from Family Guy.