The Fire Emblem Heroes supports topic

12 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Raigh x Lucius: We've never seen Lucius with his orphans. It would be funny if the though grumpy tsundere was actually a total daddy's boy when near Lucius. 

I want this. So much. XD Ever since someone told me that they had this theory that Raigh and Lugh were named after Raven and Lucius, I haven't been able to think about anything else. XD But even if that's not a thing, I just want to see Lucius adopting all of the orphans. ...I'd also love to see some funny supports between him and Fates characters in which he scolds their "parenting techniques." 

20 hours ago, Jotari said:

Haha. That's great. Not sure how you could spin the idea out to three support conversations, or even a decent one, but I absolutely love the idea.

I think it would go something like this. In more flowery language of course. 

C support

Grima: ''Foolish mortal, don't you know humans suck''

Zephiel: ''Of course I know! All humans are vermin''

Grima: ''How interesting.....''

B Support

Zephiel: ''Humans are just the worst!''

Grima: ''Tell me about it. My followers don't appreciate me''

Zephiel: ''You think that's bad? My mother used me, my sister betrayed me and my father tried to murder me''

Grima: ''Humans are just the worst''

A support

Zephiel: ''All humans suck. There's not a single good human''

Grima: ''I recently found a human I like''

S support (If Grima's female)

Grima: ''Hearing you hate humans turn me on. Lets mate!''

Zephiel: ''I shall show you my crown jewels'' :^_^:

22 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

You know what, I'd like to see Julius and Reinhardt support just because I don't think Reinhardt is even aware that Julius hates his guts. And it'd be interesting to see Julius interact with him directly.

Julius: "With the permission of your lady and my queen Ishtar, clean the horse stalls. My handsome stallion Shadowflare had digestive issues this morning, his dietician has been hanged and a veterinarian has remedied his ailments, but his stable is just appalling. I've generously allowed all the stablehands a day off, so I need you to do it."

Reinhardt: "Your Majesty, is that not underutilizing my talents as a knight?"

Julius: "Oh don't worry about that. Once you're done, I want you to raid the enemy camp alone, and you must come back with one hundred noses, sliced off with this butter knife. But first, clean the horse stalls, by tonight, they must be spotless from floor to ceiling!"

Reinhardt: "...Understood Your Majesty. I will obey."

Basically Julius just sending Reinhardt on abusive, humiliating, and high risk of death missions, and Reinhardt bearing it all.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Julius: "With the permission of your lady and my queen Ishtar, clean the horse stalls. My handsome stallion Shadowflare had digestive issues this morning, his dietician has been hanged and a veterinarian has remedied his ailments, but his stable is just appalling, and I've generously allowed all the stablehands a day off, so I need you to do it."

Reinhardt: "Your Majesty, is that not underutilizing my talents as a knight?"

Julius: "Oh don't worry about that. Once you're done, I want you to raid the enemy camp alone, and you must come back with one hundred noses, sliced off with this butter knife. But first, clean the horse stalls, by tonight, they must be spotless from floor to ceiling!"

Reinhardt: "...Understood Your Majesty. I will obey."

Basically Julius just sending Reinhardt on abusive, humiliating, and high risk of death missions, and Reinhardt bearing it all.

That sounds incredibly awesome and kind of in character for Julius. 

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Legitimately sounds like Awaken/Fates quality writing.

How very flattering 

any combination of Lachesis, Clarine and Clair: This would go about as you'd expect. Which is to say, a cat-fight would break out as a result of them arguing over who has the better big bro.

any combination of Eldigan, Klein and Clive: Meanwhile, said brothers would have a civil, level-headed conversation about the burdens of their responsibilities.

Clarisse and Beruka: "I can't believe it's not Selena." (Beruka, probably)

Nanna and Priscilla: In which the former accuses the latter of trying to steal her style.

Oliver and Shigure: I could see Oliver deciding to sponsor Shigure after being impressed by the boy's artistic works. Let's just hope Persona 5 doesn't break out or something.

Celica and Micaiah: In which they have a heart-to-heart concerning all of their shitty decisions.

Delthea and Lute: Antics ensue as Lute gets increasingly exasperated by Delthea's ability to cast complex spells (even for Lute) effortlessly.

I'll probably come back with more later.

Edited by Tybrosion

...Skipping to the JuliusxReinhardt S rank. (The B is a continuation of the C, with Rein beginning to show strain from the weight of it all, and Julius just assigning ever the more work and being amused by Reinhardt's ability to carry it all out. The A begins with Julius assigning another round of tasks, but then becomes him critiquing Reinhardt, including admitting to wanting him dead and deriving pleasure from watching him be humiliated, with Reinhardt cracking and breaking into tears.) 

Spoiler

Julius: "Ah there you are Reinhardt, I've been looking all over for you."

Reinhardt: "You summoned me Your Majesty?"

Julius: "Why do I see a frown on your face? Be happy and get rid of it."

Reinhardt: "I shall obey."

Julius: "And yet I sense only sadness in your voice, that will not do Reinhardt. I admit I was mean to you the day before, fortunately, I have some good news for you. News that should do away with your dour expression forevermore."

Reinhardt: "And that would be milord?"

Julius: "THAT is the heart of the problem Sir Reinhardt! You are not my vassal, you belong to my betrothed, and although she can be so generous with your her lending of you to me, it is sadly not enough. I need you to become mine first and foremost."

Reinhardt: "Your Majesty!"

Julius: "It is funny seeing you worked up like this, but I demand you calm yourself. You are the finest servant ever to be, loyal to the dying end, able to accomplish any task put before you no matter how absurd. Even Manfroy has his cantankerous and senile days when I wish him gone, but you have never wavered, a mute pup whines more than you."

Reinhardt: "..."

Julius: "Now allow me to continue with the good news. Originally, I was going to have you presented to me as a wedding gift from my dear Ishtar, you are all I would ask from her. In return, I was going to present her with the title Queen of Miletos, and to go with it a beautiful manse I requisitioned on the scenic Chronos coast, filled with all the treasures of the world. But I am much too impatient, I simply must have you now."

Reinhardt: "Then how shall I be yours, Your Majesty?"

Julius: "Ha, you're looking forward to it now, wonderful! I have already informed Ishtar of what I intend to do with you, and she has agreed to it. All I require of you, is that you bow down to me and swear fealty, right here, right now. Once this is done, you shall belong to me. Yet for I am a benevolent master, once you are my servant, you will be free to see our lady Ishtar all you wish, even without me present."

Reinhardt: "What are you implying Your Royal Highness?"

Julius: "What I imply is what you know, that our relationship left as is, there is a certain... infidelity between me and Ishtar."

Reinhardt: "I have never done such a-"

Julius: "Hold your tongue Reinhardt. Do not make a hypocrite out of me, I do not wish to be forced to redact those nice words I just gave of you. It matters not if the state of affairs between you and my princess is simply one of the hearts and not of the flesh, it is still wrong. I will not be the imperial cuckold, it is necessary that a change of relations between the three of us occur. All I need is that you vow to be my retainer, and not the knight of my wife. As her's, you are a threat to our joy, as mine, all shall be fine. I will relax your workload and keep you nearer to us both, for as much as she cares about you, I find you even more entertaining. Her brow shall no longer be burdened with worry over your welfare. And you will be free to see her face, hear her voice, and kiss her covered hand all you want. Now accept this deal."

Reinhardt: "If this is what is best for my lady Ishtar, then I, Reinhardt of Freege, consent to becoming the devout vassal of Prince Julius, future Emperor of Grannvale."

Julius: "You see the light, good. Now lend me your sword so I may dub thee my greatest warrior."

*Reinhardt gently hands Julius his blade*

Julius: "What a sharp edge, what a glistening blade. You have good tastes Reinhardt, I will get you fifty just like this one, my servants require the proper finery befitting their status. Now kneel on both knees and close your eyes."

*Reinhardt obeys Julius's commands and Julius unsheathes his sword, raising into the air pointed straight upwards*

Julius: "With this knighting, you will serve me for as long as I live, and may you serve successors of the same blessed royal blood. By the power of Loptyr, I bestow upon thee Reinhardt, heralded as the second coming of Tordo, the title of Deadlord."

Reinhardt: "...!"

*Upon hearing the word "Deadlord", Reinhardt was shocked and opened his eyes. But it was too late for him to react. Julius, having coated the Meisterschwert in the power of darkness, struck Reinhardt through the right shoulder with it. He was now a Deadlord. However, because Julius had to keep up appearances with Ishtar, he was different from the rest. He retained his name, his will, his memories, his personality, everything. The difference was that he was now bound to Julius and the Loptyr Cult forever, if he tried to defy their will, he could be in a moment magically collapse, chained to their demands. Being undead, he no longer aged, dependent only on dark magic to subsist, to betray the Loptyr Cult would deny him the substance he needed to live. Julius did however uphold his end of the bargain, he was now free to see Ishtar whenever he did not have duties to attend to, which were indeed far fewer than before, but he was forbidden to speak a word of what really happened to him. Reinhardt never sought to reveal the truth anyhow, he knew it would pain Ishtar immensely to know it.*

Who said S supports had to end in marriage? This is also a form of lifetime union.

I'm not sure who I'd feel sorry for in a Niles x Leon conversation.  What I do know is that it would be hilarious.

And maybe Jaffar and Beruka can reminisce over their past or something.

On 5/22/2018 at 4:23 PM, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, but what would Olwen's support with Julius and/or Ishtar look like?

Julius and virtually anyone (Olwen included): Julius bragging about how he's Loptyr or (on a good day, reminiscing on the days when he was still sane); everyone else chewing him out or trying to exorcise him (especially the clerics)

Ishtar and Olwen:

4e8.gif.f8292a35e4a7a40afd32e554d6de7fb8.gif

C: Picture a scenario where recriminations/insults/sad memories are the ammo of this gun, and that there are two of these things firing back and forth.

B - A: The division heals somewhat, but not too much.

S: Mirabile dictu, the two thunder mages become close friends (or something more)!

Edited by Zawisza Czarny

One support chain I could see is Ayra and Fredrick, since both protect people they really care about, Ayra her step brother (or is it cousin?) Shannan, Fredrick with his loyalties to Chrom

Edited by Poimagic

35 minutes ago, Zawisza Czarny said:

Julius and virtually anyone (Olwen included): Julius bragging about how he's Loptyr or (on a good day, reminiscing on the days when he was still sane); everyone else chewing him out or trying to exorcise him (especially the clerics)

Ishtar and Olwen:

4e8.gif.f8292a35e4a7a40afd32e554d6de7fb8.gif

C - A: Picture a scenario where recriminations/insults/sad memories are the ammo of this gun, and that there are two of these things firing back and forth.

S: Mirabile dictu, the two thunder mages reconcile and become close friends (or something more)!

I don't recall Olwen or Ishtar ever mentioning or otherwise giving any indication that they don't or wouldn't like each other. Reinhardt is their mutually connection, but if anything their mutual love for him should make them friends more than enemies.

This one is weird, but Michalis and Sakura. I have no idea how it would start, but I'm thinking of something about Michalis subconsciously projecting Maria onto her which leads him to be nice(r) to her than other people. Maybe there it could lead to some insight on Michalis's guilt and how he feels like he doesn't deserve to speak to Maria ever again, but through Sakura, he says what he wished he wanted to say to Maria. Bonus points if Sakura makes him cry -- not in a bad way -- at the end of their support chain.

For more sadness, Tailtiu and Nino? Tailtiu seeing Tine in Nino and learning about what happened to Nino's family, particularly her mother and Sonia replacing her as an abusive "mother", and assuming Tailtiu tells Nino about it, Nino might compare Hilda to Sonia and perhaps Tailtiu to her mother who she barely knew.

If and when Atlas makes it in, him and Barst. They can bond over being lumberjacks and loving the feel of their axes. Also, their service under royalty.

Any of the old veterans sharing war stories with each other would be neat too. At the moment, that's probably only going to be Gunter, Jagen, and kind of Bartre since apparently he did that a lot when he was a bar owner.

22 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't recall Olwen or Ishtar ever mentioning or otherwise giving any indication that they don't or wouldn't like each other. Reinhardt is their mutually connection, but if anything their mutual love for him should make them friends more than enemies.

A) Ishtar is romantically involved with Julius; Reinhardt is sent away (effectively to his death, though it takes a while) on Julius' initiative. There's one potential strike.

B) Ishtar is romantically involved with Julius, who is possessed by Loptyr; Olwen defects from the army of Friege (to which Ishtar is the heir as Duchess-presumptive of Friege)  because of the atrocities she beheld, which she knew were done at Ishtar's possessed lover's behest. There's another potential strike.

C) Note that at the beginning Olwen is like Lachesis, obsessed over her brother to the point of wanting to marry a man like him; but in the ending credits, Olwen's epilogue says that she denounced her brother as "pathetic" and married someone who was rather average (presumably Fred). Therefore, assuming Olwen is summoned from her homeworld after the death of Raydrik, the Reinhardt connection is (or is rapidly becoming) a thing of the past.

D) No indication is given as to Ishtar and Olwen's relationship because they do not interact in Thracia 776, period. Before Olwen defects she interacts with Largo, Kempf, some children, and Fred; Ishtar only interacts with Julius, Manfroy, Reinhardt, her lord father, and Travant. 

As such, though my statement may be exaggerated (especially with the Warhammer 40K gun analogy), I do not think it is too much of a stretch.

I theorize that in such a situation most of the recriminations come from Olwen, who will probably be enraged by the fact that Ishtar doesn't do too much about the Loptyrian atrocities or try to stop Julius or her father from causing as much as they do.

(Have a look at my edited statement and see what you think.) 

Spoiler

Everyone else: if what I'm saying isn't accurate, please don't kill me!

As for my own support ideas: Hector/Eirika - bonding over their brothers, possibly

Any older brother (viz. Xander, Ike, Chrom, Ephraim) bonding with another older brother character over their younger siblings' quirks.

Ryoma/Say'ri (if Say'ri ever gets in that is) - they'd probably have a lot of fun exploring each other's cultures and ways of life.

Edited by Zawisza Czarny

15 minutes ago, Zawisza Czarny said:

A) Ishtar is romantically involved with Julius; Reinhardt is sent away (effectively to his death, though it takes a while) on Julius' initiative. There's one potential strike.

B) Ishtar is romantically involved with Julius, who is possessed by Loptyr; Olwen defects from the army of Friege (to which Ishtar is the heir as Duchess-presumptive of Friege)  because of the atrocities she beheld, which she knew were done at Ishtar's possessed lover's behest. There's another potential strike.

C) Note that at the beginning Olwen is like Lachesis, obsessed over her brother to the point of wanting to marry a man like him; but after one finishes the game, Olwen's epilogue says that she denounced her brother as "pathetic" and married someone who was rather average (presumably Fred). Therefore, assuming Olwen is summoned from her homeworld after the death of Raydrik, the Reinhardt connection is (or is rapidly becoming) a thing of the past.

D) No indication is given as to Ishtar and Olwen's relationship because they do not interact in Thracia 776, period. Before Olwen defects she interacts with Largo, Kempf, some children, and Fred; Ishtar only interacts with Julius, Manfroy, Reinhardt, her lord father, and Travant. 

As such, though my statement may be exaggerated (especially with the Warhammer 40K gun analogy), I do not think it is too much of a stretch.

I theorize in such a situation most of the recriminations come from Olwen, who will probably be enraged by the fact that Ishtar doesn't do too much about the Loptyrian atrocities or try to stop Julius or her father from causing as much as they do.

(Have a look at my edited statement and see what you think.) 

Hide contents

Everyone else: if what I'm saying isn't accurate, please don't kill me!

Every close sibling pair in the world aren't borderline incestuous. Olwen never expresses any desire to marry someone like Reinhardt, in fact, she barely mentions him. There's more sexual tension between Jill and her father than Olwen and Reinhardt. She definitely respects him and defends his honor when other people insult him, but that's about it. Her arc is squarely about saving the children and turning on Reinhardt to do so does not cause her much angst. I could see Olwen starting a support by chewing Ishtar out, but Ishtar would quickly alter the dynamic by completely agreeing with Olwen's perspective and revealing how she did in fact work behind the scenes to ensure the children weren't killed.

Edited by Jotari

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Every close sibling pair in the world aren't borderline incestuous. Olwen never expresses any desire to marry someone like Reinhardt, in fact, she barely mentions him. She defends his honor when other people insult him, but that's about it. Her arc is squarely about saving the children and turning on Reinhardt to do so does not cause her much grief despite her respect for him. I could say Olwen starting a support by chewing Ishtar out, but Ishtar would quickly alter the dynamic by completely agreeing with Olwen's perspective and revealing how she did in fact work behind the scenes to ensure the children weren't killed.

That seems about right in light of what you and I have said. But I do think it would take until end of C, early B level before that kind of thing might succeed.

5 hours ago, Zawisza Czarny said:

That seems about right in light of what you and I have said. But I do think it would take until end of C, early B level before that kind of thing might succeed.

Given that Reinhardt has guarded Ishtar since she was a child, it seems pretty unlikely that Olwen and Ishtar haven't met and formed an impression of each other long before Thracia.

Gordin x Sakura: Gordin is a sweet older bro to a shy younger archer sibling which is exactly what Sakura is. Gordin would probably try to look after her because of that.

Laslow x Lucius: Laslow goes to flirt with that cute blonde girl on his team and ends up very, very surprised. 

Alfonse x Siegbert: They're both neeeeeeeeerds! 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Setsuna and Mmorgan: Morgan likes digging pitfalls and Setsuna keeps falling  into holes. Its a pretty natural combo for a wacky awakening/fates style support.

Nino and Raigh: Nino isn't aware that Raigh is her son and Raigh might not know she is his mother either. I can see Raigh giving Nino the cold shoulder until their A support, while Nino tries to become friends.

Siegbert and Spring Xander: There could be some humour in Siegbert being in shock about seeing his father in such a goofy outfit.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Given that Reinhardt has guarded Ishtar since she was a child, it seems pretty unlikely that Olwen and Ishtar haven't met and formed an impression of each other long before Thracia.

Now I think about it, you have it right.

Edited by Zawisza Czarny

Seth and Camus bonding over their shitty love life and choice to cuck themselves cos “it’s bad to marry above your station.” All of their convos are them getting drunk in a bar, taking a shot whenever the other guy said something hella relatable. Then at S rank, they’re already at Drunk History drunk levels they make a fuss and end up making a fool of themselves in front of a passing Eirika and Nyna. The ending is them learning that both of them are strong, independent men who don’t need no women, and to never drink alcohol ever again. THE END

Here's some I thought

• Ephraim and Shiro: Both of them having a sparring match and talking about their responsibilities of being a future king in their realms
  • Saizo and Jaffar: Saizo not trusting Jaffar at first due to his background, but after defending Ryoma, Saizo develops a small respect for Jaffar
  • Mist and Jakob: Mist trying to start a conversation with Jakob, but being who he is, he ignores her, until she mentions Corrin that is
  • Tharja and Rhajat: Both talk about their deep love and devotion to Robin and Corrin respectively
  • Kagero and Nino: Nino seeing Kagero's paintings and admiring them, wanting to also learn how to draw by her
  • Cordelia and Subaki: Having a perfect conversation, so perfect that they want to see who is better than who, in the end they admit to be perfect
Edited by Simpsons138