when is everybody from?

A question that I have considered quite a bit, when is a hero from, is corrin from his first mission into hoshidan territory or his fight with garon? or is Lyon from mere moments after being possessed by the demon king? I like to bring up Ike as an example, looking at his design used in heroes it is more in line with his portrait at the end of PoR with a metal pauldron rather than the leather shoulder pad he has in his ranger class, also look at zelgius, while one can say easily that he is from his final duel with Ike (due this this being his unmasking) you could also argue that he is from any point post Path of Radiance (He is just radiant dawn BK without his helmet) how do we know that he is from his final duel, his special quotes express far more finality that can be seen in PoR before rather than him saying smugly to ranulf "if you're not worthy of fighting me, then you are only wasting my time", saying things like "no draw, no escape" implies he has nothing else to look towards other than the end of this battle. I think it is fun to try to figure out when, in as close a range as possible, a character is from.

Sigurd is ghost Sigurd from the secret event during Gen 2. His lv 40 conversation talks about him wanting to approach Seliph in the way he does in the secret event. Also Deirdre has her memories wiped, meaning she could be from any time outside of chapter 1-3.

Edited by CatManThree

Hmm... that's kinda hard to answer because it varies a lot by character and alt.

For example some heroes like the ones from the first FE4 banner are clearly post CH5, with Arden being from whatever chapter and Deirdre doesn't mention Arvis but has her memories wiped so she's from somewhere in CH4 before Arvis found her. Eldigan is obvious from his lines. 

OG!Eirika seems to be before the prologue (she's too cheerful) while Eirikalter is post SS (the way she talks is kinda gloomy at times). With the way Lyon talks, he seems to be the in the same boat as Sigurd/Ayra/etc. 

PoR!Ike is from anywhere after his first encounter with BK. I can't remember RD because it's been a while since I played it but I think Zelgius at the very least is post Part 1. Sothe is probably from Part 3 and Micaiah is pre-RD due to her confession. 

There's many others like that and a ton that can be from whenever as they don't offer a lot of insight but those are the ones that caught my attention the most.