Fire Emblem: Heaven's Bloom [v1.1 released!]

Roosterton

This game doesn't have monsters, right? Because the Bishop description is still talking about Slayer, and the presence or absence of Slayer is a major deciding point on whether to promote to it over Sage or Valkyrie.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

This game doesn't have monsters, right? Because the Bishop description is still talking about Slayer, and the presence or absence of Slayer is a major deciding point on whether to promote to it over Bishop or Valkyrie.

Monsters first appear in the Prologue and don't show up again until Chapter 9.

Wish I would've known that before I promoted Fordra into a Valkyrie...

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

12 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Monsters first appear in the Prologue and don't show up again until Chapter 9.

Wish I would've known that before I promoted Fordra into a Valkyrie...

Oh yeah >.< they were in the prologue. Don't know how I forgot about that. Bishop it is for her then. Sedry can be my mounted mage.

You have a tile that is bugged in chapter 7. anyone who steps on it makes the game freeze.

image.png.62ca235f9bc52cb82d5689e36d9d7021.png
where i have the cursor at is the bugged tile. Fortunely for me the only ones who stepped on it was the Villagers who ai is random so resetting and resuming makes the chapter doable.
I also stepped on it once.

9 minutes ago, Chaz said:

You have a tile that is bugged in chapter 7. anyone who steps on it makes the game freeze.

where i have the cursor at is the bugged tile. Fortunely for me the only ones who stepped on it was the Villagers who ai is random so resetting and resuming makes the chapter doable.

Interesting - I think I know what's causing this. Will try and solve it now. Thanks!

56 minutes ago, Chaz said:

Disregard my previous post - I have no idea what's causing this, and couldn't replicate it. That tile is an area event which allows an enemy soldier to shout at the boy to get inside so that he moves out of their way (preventing the player from using the kid as a chokepoint). Here's the code if anyone has ideas or can spot a failsafe that I missed:

kiddisa:
CHECK_ACTIVEID 0x96      //checks that the unit moving to this tile is a non-civilian enemy
BNE 0x17 0xC 0x0         //if unit is an enemy soldier, proceed, otherwise ends event
GOTO 0x18
LABEL 0x17
SETVAL 0xB 0x000D0009    //sets slot 0xB to tile [9,13] for later use
SETVAL 0x1 0x6D          //sets slot 0x1 to the civilian class, 0x6D
CHECK_EXISTS 0xFFFE      //checks that the unit on [9,13] exists
BNE 0x29 0xC 0x0         //if a unit on [9,13] exists, proceed, otherwise ends event
GOTO 0x18
LABEL 0x29
CHECK_CLASS 0xFFFE       //checks the class of the unit on [9,13]
BGE 0x31 0xC 0x1         //if the class value of the unit on [9,13] is > 0x6D (i.e., is a civilian or some other unused class), load the text and stuff
GOTO 0x18                //otherwise, ends event
LABEL 0x31
TEXTSTART
TEXTSHOW 0x940
TEXTEND
REMA
DISA 0xFFFE
LABEL 0x18
EVBIT_T 0x7
ENDA

In your case, it shouldn't trigger on either player or civilian units because it would fail the ACTIVEID check, so it should just send to Label 0x18 and end the event. Even if it did pass that check, it should fail the [9,13] check because you smited the civilian to a different tile. Hmm...

Edited by Roosterton

Hey I just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed this hack (just got to chapter 6), it brings a more realistic focus into the series through its themes and characters.

Spoiler

When Fordra refused to go with the creepy mage at the beginning of ch 6 I was overjoyed. Finally some Fire Emblem protagonists who don't trust every stranger they meet!

I appreciate the deviation from the typical Fire Emblem story. While Cassius and Fordra are nobles, the abandonment of their titles gave a unique perspective.

This improves the immersion immensely, as the chapters themselves are an accurate depiction of the events transpiring. The themes of the game also resonated with be, both in their overall impact on the story and on the minor influences on dialogue and character behavior.

Spoiler

The fact that Keena and Hands are called slaves really made me uncomfortable as a player. But it was a brilliant decision from a writing standpoint, as the idea of people being forced into a certain class or position based on race should make the player feel uncomfortable.

The game play itself has been really solid. I personally have played the game on hard and have found it to be tough, but it rewards good play and forethought. Level design has been sharp and forced the player adapt to new realities on the fly, making every level a new experience.

Spoiler

When Titus charged at me in chapter 4 I almost shit bricks.

The implementation of skills has added a new level of depth to strategy to the game, and the fact that most of them are not reliant on RNG is excellent. Most if not all characters are usable. While I typically do not use fighters in the GBA games, in this game they proved invaluable to me.The extra hit rate makes all the difference, and their starting skill is perfect for their given role of HP tank. The music has been great; the first level theme had me drowning in nostalgia. The increase durability of staves has been really cool, giving the player more options to work with. 

The only things I am curious about are

• Is there a full support log available (I thoroughly enjoyed all the conversations, and now most of my characters are capped lol)? If there is not one now, will there be one in the future?
  • How much more you want to do with this game?
  • What inspired you to design a Fire Emblem hack. More specifically, what influenced you to design a story and world like this?

Another bug : whenever devil axe injure it owner it cause this5b07ecf6eff56_fehb-1.png.1b16ea564eda0850fc9a149278678d85.png

5b07f623b58dc_fehb-2.png.902fc5f621d765b434bfd89d81fee456.png

then their last word appear and they die no matter how many Hp left/total or damage are there.

Edit: or this

5b07ef5bd47cb_fehb-1.png.a6cba873b43d872133d78b5585236333.png

Then hanging forever 

Sorry if my English sound bullshit i am an Asian 

Edited by Street Hero

6 hours ago, Chaz said:

image.png.62ca235f9bc52cb82d5689e36d9d7021.png

I'm playing through chapter 7 now and I never encountered any bug on that tile.

I'm on Chapter 8 and I'd really love a second Axe user to deal with all the lances. Unless I've missed someone or was expected to promote someone, Hands is my only axe user currently. Maybe Knights could be hacked to have Axes at tier 1 (I've always thought they should get a second weapon to help them). Would give Felix a very nice contribution in his debut chapter.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

I'm on Chapter 8 and I'd really love a second Axe user to deal with all the lances. Unless I've missed someone or was expected to promote someone, Hands is my only axe user currently. Maybe Knights could be hacked to have Axes at tier 1 (I've always thought they should get a second weapon to help them). Would give Felix a very nice contribution in his debut chapter.

My assumption is that you're supposed to early-promote Derruk into a Hero or Felix into ...really anything (though I'm thinking Great Knight for better Movement and Weapon Triangle control).

5 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

My assumption is that you're supposed to early-promote Derruk into a Hero or Felix into ...really anything (though I'm thinking Great Knight for better Movement and Weapon Triangle control).

Missed the Master Seal from the boss in Chapter 6, the one in the shrine. Didn't realize it was a defense chapter until the last turn, so I also missed whatever was in those chests on the left. Only obtained two so far and both of them have gone to my staff users so they can provide some offense earlier. A lot of access to Master Seals in this chapter though, so I might promote Felix midlevel.

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Just got a weird glitch with the Devil Axe. Hands' HP rose to ??, he ate two counter attacks and then finished the battle with 1 HP.

Look as my motherfucking previous post.  Just look

10 minutes ago, Street Hero said:

Look as my motherfucking previous post.  Just look

Oh, didn't see that. Strange, my unit survived when it happened to me.

I'm on Chapter 9 and when I try to promote Janessa into a Wyvern Lord right after recruiting her, she only gets 1 measly point of Constitution.

Her Wyvern Knight promotion seems to work fine, though.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I'm on Chapter 9 and when I try to promote Janessa into a Wyvern Lord right after recruiting her, she only gets 1 measly point of Constitution.

Her Wyvern Knight promotion seems to work fine, though.

Interesting - seems the FE8 default promotion bonuses for female Wyvern Lords are 0s across the board, probably because there are no female Wyvern Lords in base FE8. I didn't catch this in playtesting because Janessa was originally using the male wyvern class by accident. Will change for next patch.

5 hours ago, Street Hero said:

Another bug : whenever devil axe injure it owner it cause this5b07ecf6eff56_fehb-1.png.1b16ea564eda0850fc9a149278678d85.png

After doing some research, this seems to be a bug that others have reported with the FE8 skill system. Might just change the droppable devil axe into something else (droppable battle axe?) until a workaround is found.

7 hours ago, Sammybacon21 said:

The only things I am curious about are

• Is there a full support log available (I thoroughly enjoyed all the conversations, and now most of my characters are capped lol)? If there is not one now, will there be one in the future?
  • How much more you want to do with this game?
  • What inspired you to design a Fire Emblem hack. More specifically, what influenced you to design a story and world like this?

• I do have a very messy list of all the supports, but they're not actually written in a dialogue format (more of a summary of what happens in each support) and lots of them are incomplete / inaccurate relative to what's in the game. I'll hopefully make a cleaner log at some point, but it isn't a priority for me atm.
  • I plan to sort out all the bugs that I can & fix significant issues that people raise with the game in its current state (e.g. portraits, any chapters that are too easy / too hard...)
  • I've always been a huge FE fan and also just a person who likes to express myself creatively, (music, writing, etc) so this was the intersection between those interests. For this story and world specifically, I'm not sure honestly, I'll give it some thought and get back to you.
Edited by Roosterton

36 minutes ago, Roosterton said:

Interesting - seems the FE8 default promotion bonuses for female Wyvern Lords are 0s across the board, probably because there are no female Wyvern Lords in base FE8. I didn't catch this in playtesting because Janessa was originally using the male wyvern class by accident. Will change for next patch.

After doing some research, this seems to be a bug that others have reported with the FE8 skill system. Might just change the droppable devil axe into something else (droppable battle axe?) until a workaround is found.

• I do have a very messy list of all the supports, but they're not actually written in a dialogue format (more of a summary of what happens in each support) and lots of them are incomplete / inaccurate relative to what's in the game. I'll hopefully make a cleaner log at some point, but it isn't a priority for me atm.
  • I plan to sort out all the bugs that I can & fix significant issues that people raise with the game in its current state (e.g. portraits, any chapters that are too easy / too hard...)
  • I've always been a huge FE fan and also just a person who likes to express myself creatively, (music, writing, etc) so this was the intersection between those interests. For this story and world specifically, I'm not sure honestly, I'll give it some thought and get back to you.

I think I'd like some more opportunities to go shopping. I think Chapter 7 was the only chapter so far (currently at Chapter 9) to feature an Armory and a Vendor, and it's a bit hard to make use of them when you're trying to run away from the reinforcements. Have loads of money thanks to the gems but not much opportunity to spend it. Would like to have more than two javelin to share between almost half a dozen lance users. I guess none of the maps except Chapter 7 have taken place in a location where a vendor would be logical, so maybe a breather chapter like the one towards the end of FE7?

Edited by Jotari

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

I think I'd like some more opportunities to go shopping. I think Chapter 7 was the only chapter so far (currently at Chapter 9) to feature an Armory and a Vendor, and it's a bit hard to make use of them when you're trying to run away from the reinforcements. Have loads of money thanks to the gems but not much opportunity to spend it. Would like to have more than the one javelin to share between half a dozen lance users. I guess none of the maps except Chapter 7 have taken place in a location where a vendor would be logical, so maybe a breather chapter like the one towards the end of FE7?

There was also an armory + vendor in Chapter 4, and you'll get your next chance to shop in Chapter 10. But you're right that a breather chapter could be helpful - I'll think about where to include it.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Oh, I see Generals can wield swords too in this hack. That's all the more reason to give Knights Axes at base (though personally I'd give Generals Bows instead of Swords to differentiate them more from Great Knight).

Edited by Jotari

5 hours ago, Roosterton said:

There was also an armory + vendor in Chapter 4, and you'll get your next chance to shop in Chapter 10. But you're right that a breather chapter could be helpful - I'll think about where to include it.

Thinking this over, two shopping opportunities in the first nine chapters isn't really that little, it's just that the second opportunity is very hard to utilize while retaining army flow. I think you could get away with just moving the armoury and vendor in Chapter 7. Right now they're at the bottom of the map, where most of the fighting is done as you're essentially forced to fight on two sides as the reinforcements start to catch up. But if they were at the very end of the chapter, you'd be free to visit them with one unit while waiting for Cassius to seize. A rest chapter might still be nice, but simply moving them could be a lot less work.

Do we know if there's a way to kill every single enemy on chapter 7 i do want to do some arena grinding on those i want to promote for some extra cash or is it an infinite amount of reinforcements?