LucarioGamer812

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Special Edition Confirmed for West

Recommended Posts

So Valkyria Chronicles 4 has officially announced the Special Edition for the West.

As seen in the image, the Special Edition comes with the game for the appropriate console, the collectors box, a 100 page artbook, the two dlc missions about squad 7, and a tank figure.

Pre-orders for this and the normal game are open, and can be found on the official website. I would link it, but since it's a page where items can be bought I'm not sure if that's breaking rules so I'll leave it to discretion. The special edition and the normal game will be released in October, I believe Amazon has a date of the 21st while Gamestop has what I'm assuming is a placeholder of the 30th. The special edition costs $99.99 USD (likely a result of the tank figure).

I have already ordered my special edition, and I've decided on the switch version since I'll likely play it more. So I wish all special edition hunters good luck and hope everyone is somewhat hyped for this game.

vc4 se.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XRmT24j.png

It begins.

Even if we're not getting consistent dates, at least we know for sure it'll be "Fall 2018" and not the butt-end of 2018/going into 2019.

This is news worth raising my 'Boros for ヽRGaYS2c.pngノヽRGaYS2c.pngノヽRGaYS2c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

XRmT24j.png

It begins.

Even if we're not getting consistent dates, at least we know for sure it'll be "Fall 2018" and not the butt-end of 2018/going into 2019.

This is news worth raising my 'Boros for ヽRGaYS2c.pngノヽRGaYS2c.pngノヽRGaYS2c.png

Yep, definitely brought my interest back up. Funnily enough I was talking about VC4 and how I wanted a SE on a discord server yesterday, which was put down immediately, and low and behold it gets revealed the next day. I did say the Amazon and Gamestop dates but they do vary so who knows for certain, as you said it's at least in the fall so the wait isn't too much longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any word on the Switch version of the first game? I've wanted to try it out for a while and I heard that the first game was getting a Switch release in Japan, but there wasn't any word on an English release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

Is there any word on the Switch version of the first game? I've wanted to try it out for a while and I heard that the first game was getting a Switch release in Japan, but there wasn't any word on an English release.

Not a whisper have I heard, and going to the GameFAQs page for it, there's not even any discussion on the matter.

Your best bets are PS3, PS4, and PC for now (Steam and probably GOG).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chconroy said:

Is there any word on the Switch version of the first game? I've wanted to try it out for a while and I heard that the first game was getting a Switch release in Japan, but there wasn't any word on an English release.

I don't know if you didn't noticed the image or not fully read my first comment, but the switch version is coming to the west and is in fact the version I pre-ordered the Special Edition with. Also as stated the official website has links to pre-order the game with or without the special edition on all three consoles it's releasing on, PS4, XBox One, and the Switch. Nothing on PC/Steam yet but that'll probably happen after console release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I don't know if you didn't noticed the image or not fully read my first comment, but the switch version is coming to the west and is in fact the version I pre-ordered the Special Edition with. Also as stated the official website has links to pre-order the game with or without the special edition on all three consoles it's releasing on, PS4, XBox One, and the Switch. Nothing on PC/Steam yet but that'll probably happen after console release.

I only saw Valkyrie Chronicles 4. I'm asking about the Switch port of Valkyrie Chronicles 1 that's been announced for Japan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

I only saw Valkyrie Chronicles 4. I'm asking about the Switch port of Valkyrie Chronicles 1 that's been announced for Japan.

Sorry, I assumed VC4, I forgot that was a thing. Nothing I've heard on it coming to the west.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.