Cipher OCs in Heroes?

Corrobin

How likely do you think it'll be that Emma, Yuzu, Randall, Shade, Alice, Valjean, etc. will get into Heroes?

Unlikely, if at least this year. 

I don't trust their chances considering the slow pace by which new units get introduced.

I'd love them to though. I've already played as the first 4 in echoes and would love a chance to get the other ones in Heroes. 

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

some obscure characters from a Japanese trading card game.

You're saying that as if Cipher somehow isn't Fire Emblem and as if Thracia 776 weren't just as obscure to a Western audience.

Also, Emma, Yuzu, Randal, and Shade are all playable characters in Echoes.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're saying that as if Cipher somehow isn't Fire Emblem and as if Thracia 776 weren't just as obscure to a Western audience.

Oh it is but I do think its much less of a priority than the main games. Some titles really aren't up to snuff yet when it comes to representation and I think that takes priority. 

They are more likely than the OG characters from Warriors (which would be just 3 Sword units, how original) or TMS (which is less FE and more Persona) since it's quite popular and there are regular releases. Heck, Fjorm was introduced there not long ago as well.
While it wasn't possible to vote for them in either CYL they were DLC characters in Echoes so technically IS shouldn't have a problem to implement them.

I'd honestly like to see them get added, just they don't have much to work with in terms of who'll they'll be, Unless Randal gets an axe, he will probably be a lance cav. Emma could possibly be another sword flier but otherwise has no leeway. Shade I say has the most leeway being any mage type or a cleric. Yuzu has some if they possibly made her a infantry axe unit. I'm not too familiar with the newer ones so I don't know what classes they would be. As said I love to see them in but between the characters that need to be added (beast units, more older game reps, more fan favorites) it's unlikely for them and even if they probably won't have their own niche.

I just wanted to briefly toss up a idea, what if them being slowly added to cipher means they have their designs and characters already established. And the way they could be added into heroes is if they were characters in FE switch, I know it's a longshot but it's a way to bring them into the mainline series besides being dlc in echoes, and them being in cipher earlier at least introduces them to some players.

15 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Why not? It's not like they're going to stop coming out with heroes.

I dunno, maybe because they're going to be way too busy giving Alts to Heroes that will get them more money than relatively obscure characters who won't earn them as much cash as Bridal Bikini Camilla? I mean, the game's not even 2 years old and we already have three each of Ike, Camilla, Roy, Takumi, and both Robins, four Lucina(one could be argued to not count due to rarity and going by Merth but that's still three), and five Lyn, while someone who likes, say, Nagi, who I personally would like to see represented a little more in FE in general, will probably wait years for their character of choice to finally be added, if at all. This is of course to say nothing of fans of Manga characters such as Kilmar, Genealogy Subs like Linda, NPCs like Layla, or obscure characters like Anri(who frankly really needs more acknowledgement if you ask me), the Eight Legends, Twelve Crusaders, etc., who will 99.99999% for sure get shafted.

As for the actual Topic, I would very much like to see the Cipher OCs appear in Heroes, but given they weren't even included in CYL Round 2 despite four of them appearing in SoV, my hopes are not high.

1 hour ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I'd honestly like to see them get added, just they don't have much to work with in terms of who'll they'll be, Unless Randal gets an axe, he will probably be a lance cav. Emma could possibly be another sword flier but otherwise has no leeway. Shade I say has the most leeway being any mage type or a cleric. Yuzu has some if they possibly made her a infantry axe unit. I'm not too familiar with the newer ones so I don't know what classes they would be. As said I love to see them in but between the characters that need to be added (beast units, more older game reps, more fan favorites) it's unlikely for them and even if they probably won't have their own niche.

I'd actually say Randal's more likely to be a sword cav. He used lances in Echoes because that's all cavs can use in that game, but his whole shtick in his artwork for his purple cards seemed to be that he dual-wielded swords.

Anyway, I'd absolutely love to see the Cipher characters in Heroes. I don't actually play Cipher or collect the cards (because I'm a bit iffy about ordering things online), but I have developed some sort of irrational attachment to its characters. Of course, I don't see them getting in any time soon, if only because they made the conscious choice to not let us vote for them in CYL, but I do think they probably have a better chance at getting in than any of the other spinoff characters, seeing as TMS and Warriors were both collaborations with other game developers.

I wish, dream, want and hope for them. My 400 orbs for one of them! (unless another Oboro, Takumi, Leo  or Innes come around).

Yes, I would love to have them

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Considering how shafted thracia 776 was when they finally got a proper banner, I think IS really doesn't care about thracia as a part of fire emblem, in turn I wouldn't hold my breath of cipher characters any time soon.

7 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Considering how shafted thracia 776 was when they finally got a proper banner, I think IS really doesn't care about thracia as a part of fire emblem, in turn I wouldn't hold my breath of cipher characters any time soon.

Considering I'm of the camp that doesn't mind having more alts, I don't share that opinion, especially considering that both Leaf and Nanna actually came with good stats and skills, and Reinhardt and Olwen serve viable roles that didn't previously exist in the game.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Considering I'm of the camp that doesn't mind having more alts, I don't share that opinion, especially considering that both Leaf and Nanna actually came with good stats and skills, and Reinhardt and Olwen serve viable roles that didn't previously exist in the game.

I'm just talking about overall representation, there was no one that wasn't required of them to add or that we didn't already have, we knew that lief, nanna and finn were required (I don't know much about saias), but that still leaves us with only 6 unique thracia characters, I doubt that marreta (just pulled a rando without any care) fans care if she is game breaking or if her stats are incredible just having her in the game would be satisfying enough. Besides it is pretty rare for new characters to be added and have them not have good stats or skills, if anything that's a given, if they aren't introducing new broken characters, whales won't care for a banner.

Personally, I'd rather see the main series characters in the game, but that's mostly because I have no attachment to the Cipher characters. I should play the original four a bit more in Echoes and maybe that will change my mind. 

Of course, them being in Heroes might actually make me more attached to them, too. So I wouldn't complain if they were added... but I'd still rather see main series characters. 

Note all the Thracia characters added are in Genealogy also, other than Olwen/Reinhardt.  So really Olwen/Reinhardt are the only Thracia exclusive characters.  Also Cipher is also unknown to global audience, but probably much more so than Thracia.  Most FE fans know about the games that didn't release in US even if they've never played them.  Those games are part of the main series.  Cipher original heroes would be a hard sell to anyone who isn't familiar with them, which would be most outside Japan.

Now if they do what I suggest and release Cipher globally, either as is or in a digital version, that would be a different story.  

15 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Why not? It's not like they're going to stop coming out with heroes.

The pace is slow, there's an increasing emphasis on alts now that the remaining units are less attractive and we'll be getting a new game soon which will add even more to the cast.

We're never getting all of them, that's for sure. 

I don't know how exactly cypher works but if anything like other TCG it should get eventually some big expansion, or overhaul. Once that happens heroes would be used as advertisement. 

Not to mention with franchise as whole becoming one of Nintendo flagship, interest in cypher on west should also grow 

10 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Note all the Thracia characters added are in Genealogy also, other than Olwen/Reinhardt.  So really Olwen/Reinhardt are the only Thracia exclusive characters. 

Saias.