Pretty funny and on point for the series. As a side note I’m happy the people who made this actually know about more than just awakening and fates.

I cry every time I have to kill Lamus.

Also yeah I have to admit this got more than a chuckle out of me. Wasn't expecting references to games outside the 3DS era.

Edited by Glennstavos

Really funny video, I laughed out loud at "Lamus". But it did bother me a bit that the lord was female. Usually when that's the case there's also a male lord that she gets overshadowed by.

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

"Want to see my supports, I was way more f*cked up the the Japanese version" Other than Niles, who else this is referring to ?

The only other person I can think of is Henry, which kind of feels like a stretch.

35 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The only other person I can think of is Henry, which kind of feels like a stretch.

If anything, Henry's more screwed up in the localization because of how he unironically believes all the stuff he says about darkness and death and blood, while in the JP version it's far less overblown and more obviously someone using it as a shield for their own insecurity.

This was pretty enjoyable, and I was glad they poked fun at things outside of Awakening and Fates.

Although now I want FE 16 to subvert, avert, deconstruct, and reconstruct as many tropes the series uses as possible.

Also, where there any jabs at gaiden/echoes? Aside from series-wide jokes, I didn't notice any.

50 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Also, where there any jabs at gaiden/echoes? Aside from series-wide jokes, I didn't notice any.

The whole "hero of prophecy" can wield a special sword. And it's brushed off the the side for later.

22 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The whole "hero of prophecy" can wield a special sword. And it's brushed off the the side for later.

(Just in case anyone hasn't played Echoes/Gaiden yet...Even though the twist is super obvious in-game)

Spoiler

Game: This sword can only be wielded by Rigelian royalty!

Alm: *picks up the sword* Oh weird, I can pick up this sword - though that can't be more than a coincidence, right guys?

Game: *nervously sweating*

But by the by, I actually love JelloApocalypse's stuff - all of his "So this is basically", "Welcome to _", and "_ in ten words or less" are all really funny imo ^^  Although I think this one was one of his best yet :D

Edited by Soleater

2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Reviving the Jagen character with time travel

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Ah, thanks. Those were quick, so I must have missed them.

On 5/25/2018 at 4:25 PM, Von Ithipathachai said:

Reviving the Jagen character with time travel

Who was the Jagen in Echoes? Mycen didn't die, he just disappeared for awhile.

@Hawkwing didn't complain about the innuendos? "Oh my tit popped out" "Somebody has to have sex with me if you want all the child units"

Sorry to bring that up yet again but it honestly surprised me.

Edited by Dragoncat

15 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

@Hawkwing didn't complain about the innuendos? "Oh my tit popped out" "Somebody has to have sex with me if you want all the child units"

I face-palmed, gave them a disappointing look, and said "screw you," but I didn't see that worth bringing up.

Spoiler

By the way, those kind of things don't offend me or anything like that. I'm more disappointed and annoyed than anything else, but I've know since I was a very, very little that the world wasn't perfect, that no human is fully good (or completely evil), and that we do live on a sinful planet that condones evil. I also know that I can't control other people, nor should I, and that these kind of things will be in the world no matter what I do. I too am human, and know full well that sin is an inevitability for the human race.

However, I can make the decision not to indulge or do these things myself. Just because I might be near someone who swears does not mean that I myself have to curse. So just because some video or some people discuss s*x or make an innuendo does not mean I have to as well. I can also decide to walk away from such things, which is often the wisest course. I know that the world is not good, just or pure, but I can make make a choice not to walk in it's ways, and instead be lead by the Lord.

9 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

When have we ever had a female Gharnef?

We haven't.  The Vizier in the video is most similar to Aversa, but somehow being a vizier in a high-ranking position trying to revive the dragon made me think Gharnef.

17 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

We haven't.  The Vizier in the video is most similar to Aversa, but somehow being a vizier in a high-ranking position trying to revive the dragon made me think Gharnef.

Aversa was just a manipulated pawn though, so not really close to the vizier depicted in the video.

The trying to revive a Dragon part is totally Gharnef.

Edited by Emperor Hardin