Speculation about Sophia

Which kind of dragon is/was Sophia's father  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which kind of dragon is/was Sophia's father

• Divine dragon
    • Mage Dragon
    • Other (comment)

so I was wondering which species of dragons could sophia's father be (it was confirmed that her dad was the dragon) so I deveded betwen 2 species that are tuned to magic: the Divine dragons AKA naga tribe, they are sorth of Master of All dragon tribe, but they seem to have some powerful magic: Gotoh created the first tome, out of the 4 legendary tomes of Juggdral crusaders, 3 were made by them; Mijonir, Naga and Forseti, then again, their leaders in particular seem to be pretty good at it: naga can manipulate time, Tiki can be a disgusting mage, Foseti (naga younger brother, acroding to some translations) is still alvie and helping out even without his body.

aslo the mage dragon AKA the basilisk tribe, immune to magic, magic breath, and high resitence base growths, very inteligent, also they have a darker aparence, so that could justfy the dark magic choice for Sophia, instend of anima or light, like the divine dragons

Edit: I forgot to mention, I consedeer Archanea (fe 1/3/11/11/13) and Ebile (re 6 and 7) being in the same wolrd, but different continets

Edited by darkblade2814

I think she might be a mage dragon. Judging from the looks of Ninian and Nils we know Sophia isn't an ice dragon and in the same way we can conclude she isn't a fire dragon because she lacks the features of Yahn. The color scheme of purple and blue would suit a mage dragon.

Sophia being a divine dragon is also possible. Usually divine dragons have green hair which Sophia doesn't, nor does she have the bright purple of Fae but he doesn't look to dissimilar from Idun who is a divine dragon. 

24 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Sophia being a divine dragon is also possible. Usually divine dragons have green hair which Sophia doesn't, nor does she have the bright purple of Fae but he doesn't look to dissimilar from Idun who is a divine dragon. 

Isn't Idunn a Mage Dragon?

EDIT - never mind just looked it up and her while class name is mage dragon Idunn is a divine dragon

Edited by Modamy

2 hours ago, Modamy said:

Isn't Idunn a Mage Dragon?

EDIT - never mind just looked it up and her while class name is mage dragon Idunn is a divine dragon

no, Idunn is a corrupted Divine Dragon, mage dragons are immune to magic

Edit: I did not read your edit, Sorry

Edited by darkblade2814

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think she might be a mage dragon. Judging from the looks of Ninian and Nils we know Sophia isn't an ice dragon and in the same way we can conclude she isn't a fire dragon because she lacks the features of Yahn. The color scheme of purple and blue would suit a mage dragon.

but roy does not looks like an Ice dragon, (grented Ninnina is only confimed to marry Elliwood in the Novelisation, whose status as canon is ambiguos)

1 hour ago, darkblade2814 said:

but roy does not looks like an Ice dragon, (grented Ninnina is only confimed to marry Elliwood in the Novelisation, whose status as canon is ambiguos)

Roy is a special case. His mother being Ninian is obviously the outcome the writers liked the most but this all happened long after Roy himself was created. When Roy was designed Ninian was far to busy with not existing yet so of course he didn't take after her. 

52 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Roy is a special case. His mother being Ninian is obviously the outcome the writers liked the most but this all happened long after Roy himself was created. When Roy was designed Ninian was far to busy with not existing yet so of course he didn't take after her. 

good point.

1 hour ago, darkblade2814 said:

no, Idunn is a corrupted Divine Dragon, mage dragons are immune to magic

4 hours ago, Modamy said:

Idunn was a Divine Dragon, but by the events of Binding Blade is a Mage Dragon. The misinformation about her arises due to inconsistent translations of the Japanese, mentioned in the beginning of the linked page - while it calls her a Demon Dragon, she is, as her Class signifies, intended to be a Mage Dragon. Because of this, Sophia cannot be a Mage Dragon unless a) the Scouring Dragons managed to corrupt a second Divine Dragon to give a path for Mage Dragon Blood to be passed down through, extremely unlikely as I'm pretty sure it would have come up in Elibe's history at some point if we had a second instance of mass Dragon-Spawning, or b) Sophia is a direct blood descendant of Idunn, also unlikely.
As for Magic immunity, ignoring the fact that they were only immune during the War of Shadows and can still be damaged by Magic in Mystery, you have to remember that Elibe's Dragons function differently from Archanean Dragons for some yet-unexplained reason - like the fact that we've never seen a single mention of Dragons degenerating in Elibe. Even the Scouring Dragons are never said to have waged war on humanity due to degeneration, so Elibean Dragons can't be treated by the exact same rules as Archaean ones.

This is of course all until we get Re:Elibe and they retcon a bunch of crap.

4 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Idunn was a Divine Dragon, but by the events of Binding Blade is a Mage Dragon. The misinformation about her arises due to inconsistent translations of the Japanese, mentioned in the beginning of the linked page - while it calls her a Demon Dragon, she is, as her Class signifies, intended to be a Mage Dragon. Because of this, Sophia cannot be a Mage Dragon unless a) the Scouring Dragons managed to corrupt a second Divine Dragon to give a path for Mage Dragon Blood to be passed down through, extremely unlikely as I'm pretty sure it would have come up in Elibe's history at some point if we had a second instance of mass Dragon-Spawning, or b) Sophia is a direct blood descendant of Idunn, also unlikely.
As for Magic immunity, ignoring the fact that they were only immune during the War of Shadows and can still be damaged by Magic in Mystery, you have to remember that Elibe's Dragons function differently from Archanean Dragons for some yet-unexplained reason - like the fact that we've never seen a single mention of Dragons degenerating in Elibe. Even the Scouring Dragons are never said to have waged war on humanity due to degeneration, so Elibean Dragons can't be treated by the exact same rules as Archaean ones.

This is of course all until we get Re:Elibe and they retcon a bunch of crap.

all fair points, but I'm using the same rules as Archanea becouse it's easier to sort things out, also, mage dragons are imune to magic in New Mystery, whihc are canon over the original, so my point still stands

7 minutes ago, darkblade2814 said:

I'm using the same rules as Archanea because it's easier to sort things out

But you can't do that without reaching an erroneous conclusion due to using incorrect data. The only way you could just casually toss all Elibe's information about Mage Dragons out the window like that and still say you're being completely serious about this is by suggesting that Sophia's Father was an Archanean Mage Dragon who migrated to Elibe before getting married and having her due to the implication that Archanea and Elibe may(very iffy may) be connected through the Dragon's Gate. If you're willing to consider that possibility, it may explain why she has such an affinity for Magic, but then shouldn't she, as a half dragon, still need some way to prevent herself from degenerating due to this being apparently just part of being an Archanean Dragon? Obviously her condition wouldn't be as perilous as full-on Dragons due to Sophia only having half-Dragon blood, but it should still be a concern.

5 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

But you can't do that without reaching an erroneous conclusion due to using incorrect data. The only way you could just casually toss all Elibe's information about Mage Dragons out the window like that and still say you're being completely serious about this is by suggesting that Sophia's Father was an Archanean Mage Dragon who migrated to Elibe before getting married and having her due to the implication that Archanea and Elibe may(very iffy may) be connected through the Dragon's Gate. If you're willing to consider that possibility, it may explain why she has such an affinity for Magic, but then shouldn't she, as a half dragon, still need some way to prevent herself from degenerating due to this being apparently just part of being an Archanean Dragon? Obviously her condition wouldn't be as perilous as full-on Dragons due to Sophia only having half-Dragon blood, but it should still be a concern.

the process of sealing the draconic power into a dragon stone was meant to prevent the degeneration, and i assume that ebile and archanea are in the same wolrd, just different continets (I will add that to the topic)

Edited by darkblade2814

1 minute ago, darkblade2814 said:

the process of sealing the draconic power into a dragon stone was meant to prevent the degeneration, and i assume that ebile and archanea are in the same wolrd, just different continets

One difficulty here is that Elibean Dragons don't use Dragonstones to prevent degeneration - they use Dragonstones because of a side effect of the Ending Winter draining the majority of Magic out of the world, forcing them to seal their power away because they physically could not maintain their Dragon forms for extended periods of time.
Another difficulty is that Sophia doesn't have a Dragonstone - if she were able to be subject to degeneration like all Archaneans with major amounts of Dragon Blood are, then she should have such a stone on her person most of if not all the time.
Personally, I like to think she was a previously unmentioned breed of Dragon, not brought up in any source material as of yet. So far we've only really seen Dragons that spew Fire, Ice, Light, or, in especially villainous specimens like the few Earth Dragons we see(who don't have Earth Breath because that would be logical, silly players), Darkness. However, there's nothing to say that there are no such things as Thunder or Wind Dragons, and it's possible there are other subsets we don't know about.

My input on this matter is that unless Sophia is over 1000 years old, her father can't be a Divine Dragon. Yahn states the Divine Dragons left Elibe during the war. Idoun was the only Divine they found to corrupt because she didn't want to leave. So for Sophia to be part Divine would mean that...

1) She was born before the Divines left and somehow she got left behind, or returned at some point.

Or

2) Idoun wasn't the only Divine that stayed, but was unfortunate to be the only one found by Yahn and the other dragons who wanted to make a Dark/Demon Dragon.

So yeah, this makes me think she's not a Divine (and neither her father), as either option doesn't look likely... to me, at least.

But

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

My input on this matter is that unless Sophia is over 1000 years old, her father can't be a Divine Dragon. Yahn states the Divine Dragons left Elibe during the war. Idoun was the only Divine they found to corrupt because she didn't want to leave. So for Sophia to be part Divine would mean that...

1) She was born before the Divines left and somehow she got left behind, or returned at some point.

Or

2) Idoun wasn't the only Divine that stayed, but was unfortunate to be the only one found by Yahn and the other dragons who wanted to make a Dark/Demon Dragon.

So yeah, this makes me think she's not a Divine (and neither her father), as either option doesn't look likely... to me, at least.

Uhh Fae is a divine dragon who is less than 100 years old. The divine dragons went to Arcadia during the scouring.

On topic: I've always assumed that Sophia was of divine dragon blood. She bears a striking resemblance to Iddoun who used to be a Divine Dragon.

58 minutes ago, Titamon said:

Uhh Fae is a divine dragon who is less than 100 years old.

Barring bad translation:

Niime: Granny, eh… You’re actually several hundred years older than I am.

There is the line from Yuan (why didn't FEH give him an official name?).

1 hour ago, Titamon said:

The divine dragons went to Arcadia during the scouring.

Presumably in FE6. FE7 opens a retcon door of saying only some might have, and the Dragon's Gate took the rest, alongside some Ice, Fires, and who knows what else.

Why Arcadia has been reduced to half-dragon and a little girl by the time of FE6, I don't quite know. Is the magical atmosphere of Elibe so toxic even in Arcadia that it can't support dragons at all really? Does it have something to do with the demographics of the dragon group that migrated to Arcadia? I'll blame it on IS not wanting to have to deal with the gameplay and story ramifications of having an Arcadia with numerous dragons. 

And Sophia? I guess Divine, although I'm not totally certain of what kind of dragon appears in the Athos flashback scene in FE7, could be Divine, but what little of the body we see could suggest Ice.

CG25.png

Looking at the script further, it seems the game seems to contradict itself regarding Arcadia. Binding Blade's Chapter 14 boss says:

Randy:
“Anyway, we must inform the king about the Dragons living here. Zeis, I want you to go to Aquleia and report to King Zephiel.”

Zeis:
“What shall I say?”

Randy:
“Dragons do indeed inhabit this village. According to a captive, there are also signs of ‘Divine Dragons,’ the most powerful even among Dragons.
…Tell him that.”

This seems to confirm dragons still live in Arcadia. But later, when Roy speaks with the Elder...

Elder:
“Dragon… They once called me that. But that is a story of a time long since past.”

Roy:
“……”

Elder:
“Let me see… The only real Dragon we have is Fa right here.”

So the Elder is also one, but it seems he no longer is referred to as one. Well, taking into account Dragon and Manakete refer to two different things, it's likely he just can no longer turn back into his dragon from. But then there's his statement of Fae being the only "real" dragon. Did Bern got it wrong about dragons still being in Arcadia? Or does the Elder refer to Fa's dragon form? Does it imply that the dragons of Arcadia can no longer turn back into their original selves and are now simply dragonstone-less manaketes? Hmm...

In any case, I suppose then there is a chance Sophia could be part-Divine now. I still think that when the Divines left they really did left Elibe. Keep in mind Arcadia isn't the original village. In the Foreblaze Gaiden...

Sofiya:
“Athos… Archsage Athos is the one…who led us here…”

Roy:
“What? Do you mean Athos of the Eight Heroes?”

Sofiya:
“Yes… After the Scouring…Athos traveled around Elibe… At the end of his journey, he arrived at our village…in which men and Dragons were living in harmony… But he said that…it would only be a matter of time before we were found…”

Roy:
“So he led you here…”

The village wasn't as hidden as it was before. It'd be luck then that any Divine that went to Arcadia wasn't found by the other dragons before they found Idoun. Anyway, by Bern's observations (they did got the intel from an Arcadian they captured, after all), it confirms there was at least some Divine Dragon prescence by the present day.

---

Of course, the before assumes the translations are accurate and doesn't take into account any retcon Blazing Sword could've made. The Athos stuff, in particular.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2018 at 3:20 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Idunn was a Divine Dragon, but by the events of Binding Blade is a Mage Dragon. The misinformation about her arises due to inconsistent translations of the Japanese, mentioned in the beginning of the linked page - while it calls her a Demon Dragon, she is, as her Class signifies, intended to be a Mage Dragon. 

The issue that I have with this is that Idunn's dragon form bears little resemblance to the Mage Dragons from Archanea besides the coloring and the serpentine neck, and possesses completely different abilities from them. (Since when have you seen an Archanean Mage Dragon with wings, first of all?) Regardless of different dimensions being in play, one should be identical to the other in terms of abilities, strength, and appearance.

If anything, Idunn's a Divine Shadow Dragon, turned into such via a different method than what caused Duma to become a Shadow Dragon.

On 5/27/2018 at 10:05 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

One thing worth noting, though, is that Idunn has silver hair whereas Sophia has powdery purple hair.

• 1 month later...

I'm almost positive that Sophia mentions her father was human. As for Sophia herself, the only dragons we know for sure live in Arcadia are divine dragons so i'm willing to bet that Sophia is half divine dragon.