Ideas  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Make Lilina a mage Lord (*could include axes).

• Yes, make Lilina a mage lord with axes.
    • Yes, I am in favor Lilina being a mage lord but no axes should be included
    • No.
  2. 2. Make Knights use different weapons (Barth-Axes,Wendy-Swords,Bors-Lances).

3. 3. Make Cavaliers use different weapons(Lance-Lances xd-etc).

4. 4. Skirmishes.

• They should be removed
    • They should be customized
  5. 5. Change roy's promotion time.(make him promote quicker).

3 hours ago, WhydidImakethisaccount said:

Such thing would make the characters overpowered

Support boosts would definitely have to be rebalanced if such a thing where to be implemented. To be honest, it was sort of a spur of the moment suggestion, in hindsight not necessarily a good one.

On the topic of supports, are you planning to recreate the limit FE6 placed on support points gained per chapter (as I don't think that is a thing in FE8)?

Hey everyone... I'm sad to announce that I'll have to stop the project(for a bit?) cause of the fact that I'm writing exams in about a month and I'll have to focus on my studies.

Understandable

Should probably be doing exactly that myself, to be honest.

Oh my, this looks very promising. I hope this FE6 remake actually reaches completion or near completion especially since it's using FE8 as a base as opposed to FE7. There's a lot more room for changes in terms of gameplay and design in FE8.

Though I have a few suggestions, I like the idea of Lilina being a Mage lord but keep her with magic and give her axes as a secondary weapon upon promotion. About the Knights, I like the idea of them using different weapons, but then you'd have to heavily balance the weapons types. Wendy's already a very bad unit and making her locked to swords just makes her even worse. The same goes for cavaliers, if you have a class that's locked to one weapon type, you have to balance all the other weapons to give people a reason to use that class or unit.

About Roy's promotion time, I wholeheartedly want him to promote earlier, but you'll have to find a way to make a way for his promotion to work in the story so it isn't awkwardly written, as well as rewriting the part where he gets the binding blade where he's initially supposed to promote.

Anyways, good luck with your exams and I hope to see more progress on this hack when you're done.

40 minutes ago, Mega Koopa X said:

Wendy's already a very bad unit and making her locked to swords just makes her even worse.

How so? One of the things that made Wendy so hard to train in the original was that she joined as a lancelocked unit that joined right before a long stretch of almost nothing but axe enemies, making it hard for her to even hit most of them. It's, for example, rather risky for her to engage the pirate reinforcements in chapter 9, who are otherwise useful for training up weaker units.

1 hour ago, Mega Koopa X said:

The same goes for cavaliers, if you have a class that's locked to one weapon type, you have to balance all the other weapons to give people a reason to use that class or unit.

Cavaliers are already much better than almost everything else, and restricting what weapons each of them can use at base won't change that.

As for Roy's promotion time, I feel that a good spot could be when Guinevere gives him the Fire Emblem (that is, upon clearing chapter 16).