Do you think we could see the Warriors weapons in Heroes?

Anacybele

Those who played FE Warriors, remember how DLC gave Armored Axe, Lovely Lance, Healing Axe, etc. to Frederick, Cordelia, Lissa, and more?

Wouldn't it be neat if we got to see those weapons in Heroes? Armored Axe and Lovely Lance would become refines for Freddy and Cordelia respectively, we'd get another axe Lissa that came with Healing Axe that would probably have built it Breath of Life, and so on.

Moonlight could be added via a new mage horse version of Elise. Similarly, an archer Sakura could get Spellbane Yumi. And so on.

I'd love to have Armored Axe for Freddy myself if it makes him even better than he already is! That axe looks super cool too!

I don't think this is unplausible either because of Groom Marth. Groom Marth became a popular idea after Marth got that costume in Warriors.

Edited by Anacybele

I would expect to see the OCs from Warriors before the weapons, but since we never got those, I'm not sure if we'll ever see anything from that game.  Maybe there's a licensing issue or something.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I would expect to see the OCs from Warriors before the weapons, but since we never got those, I'm not sure if we'll ever see anything from that game.  Maybe there's a licensing issue or something.

Well, the Warriors twins both use swords, and Rowan is very unpopular, so that might be why IS is hesitant to bring them in. The DLC weapons don't have those problems.

The following are all the Warriors DLC weapons (taken from Serenes Forest section on Fire Emblem Warriors)...

Spoiler

Olivia: Olivia's Blade (looks very cool, I must say) File:Olivia's Blade (FEW).png

Cordelia: Cordelia's Lance Cordelia's Lance (FEW).png

Azura: Blessed Lance (at least, it is recognized as hers in the DLC) Blessed Lance (FEW).png

Oboro: Oboro's Spear (It's a fucking Naginata you godda-) Oboro's Spear (FEW).png

Lissa: Lissa's Axe Lissa's Axe (FEW).png

Frederick: Frederick's Axe Frederick's Axe (FEW).png

Sakura: Spellbane Yumi Spellbane Yumi (FEW).png

Anna: Anna's Bow Anna's Bow (FEW).png

Niles: Niles's Bow Niles's Bow (FEW).png

Elise: Moonlight Moonlight (FEW).png

Robin: Thoron

Tharja: Tharja's Hex

I can't find images of Thoron or Tharja's Hex online...

I'd personally like Olivia getting a little something, since she is our only not-5* exclusive Dancer, maybe her sword with built-in TA3?

I not really sure. Given we haven't got the Warriors OCs even after four sets of maps celebrating the launch of the game/DLC, I kinda feel like there's legal issues involved with getting Warriors original content in Heroes. Not sure whether that'd extend to weapons as well or not. They do look pretty cool though, and I wouldn't mind seeing them get added if IS is allowed to do so, as it gives the characters in question something to make them more unique.

However, not every unique weapon in Warriors was necessarily made specifically for Warriors. Of those listed in the OP, Moonlight and Spellbane Yumi are a generic tome and bow in Fates, and could easily be added alongside some new Fates characters instead of requiring an alt. For Nohrian mages, we're still missing Nyx, and for Hoshidan archers, we could still get Reina or Midori.

Similarly, of those in Xenomata's post, Blessed Lance, Oboro's Spear, Niles's Bow, and Anna's Bow all exist in Fates, and in other games in the case of the Blessed Lance. Given how Hinoka's Spear and Felicia's Plate were treated, Oboro's Spear and Niles's Bow would probably end up as new uniques for their respective characters, and Anna's Bow would probably require Fates or Warriors Anna to be added to the game, but the Blessed Lance, along with the similar Blessed Sword and Bow, could be a new set of generic weapons, and would actually be the perfect weapon for Conrad to introduce, given he joins with it.

32 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Oboro: Oboro's Spear (It's a fucking Naginata you godda-)

You can blame the Fates localization team for that one since it has the same name and weapon model as the one in Fates. Same deal with Hinoka's Spear. Both are properly called naginatas in Japanese.

Spellbane Yumi and Moonlight are also both in the base game.

39 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Azura: Blessed Lance (at least, it is recognized as hers in the DLC)

I mean, it's literally the weapon she carries in all of her official art.

I'm expecting it to get the same treatment as the Master Sword if it gets implemented.

Yeah, localization is dumb sometimes. I mean, in Japanese, it's Healing Axe, Lovely Lance, and Armored Axe, not the generic and boring "Lissa's Axe," "Cordelia's Lance," or "Frederick's Axe."

I mean, I kinda get why those names happened since Camilla's Axe and Hinoka's Spear were actually things in Fates, but come on... Why just keep being boring? That's why I always say Armored Axe and Lovely Lance and all, not the actual localized names. And I almost never use Japanese names. To me, localized ones are better like 95% of the time imo.

Also, I'm thinking spear was used over naginata for Oboro and Hinoka because of length.

Edited by Anacybele

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I'm thinking spear was used over naginata for Oboro and Hinoka because of length.

It is not as bad as labeling onigiri as jelly donuts, but naginata and spears/yari are quite distinct from each other. The difference lies in the shape of the blade rather than the length of the staff.

For a similar example, while knives and daggers are both short blades, knives are singled edged while daggers are double edged. I assume most people would not use those two words synonymously to the point where they are as interchangeable as car and automobile. Naginata are basically knives on sticks while spears/yari are daggers on sticks.

If Treehouse cannot even get those minor details right, to put it mildly, it just further reinforces a lot of fans' perception of how incompetent they are.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is not as bad as labeling onigiri as jelly donuts, but naginata and spears/yari are quite distinct from each other. The difference lies in the shape of the blade rather than the length of the staff.

For a similar example, while knives and daggers are both short blades, knives are singled edged while daggers are double edged. I assume most people would not use those two words synonymously to the point where they are as interchangeable as car and automobile. Naginata are basically knives on sticks while spears/yari are daggers on sticks.

If Treehouse cannot even get those minor details right, to put it mildly, it just further reinforces a lot of fans' perception of how incompetent they are.

I'm aware of all this. I said length could be the reason, as naginata is a longer word than spear.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm aware of all this. I said length could be the reason, as naginata is a longer word than spear.

Oh. I thought you meant long as in the length of the weapons.

Oboro better have a refined weapon unique for her or I RIOT. That one of Warriors/Fates Naginata is fine, as long as is more powerfull or something that make her better like some of the other characters that got refinement or just give her the Waterwheel

Edited by SniperGYS

I'm always up for characters getting new weapons. Opens up new options for them. I mean, just look at Caeda! She was a mediocre flier at best until she got the Wing Sword. Now she ties with Elincia for the red spot on flier emblem teams, though Caeda is a more budget option and is more easily accessible for perfect IVs and higher merges. Anyway, I think Frederick and Cordelia could get Prf weapons, along with characters like Navarre and Berkut. I also want more refines for existing weapons like Eliwood's Durandal, Hector's Armads, Tana's Vidofnir and Innes's Nidhogg.

On 5/28/2018 at 7:51 PM, Anacybele said:

Similarly, an archer Sakura could get Spellbane Yumi

Slight snag in that, though--as far as the original Japanese depictions go, the Spellbane Yumi is already in Heroes, as a seasonal bow skill associated with New Year's CorrinLocalization opted to keep it in its untranslated Japanese name, Hama Ya, based on the seasonal event's theme.  They'd have to come up with a different Japanese name if they wanted to get the Warriors incarnation of the Spellbane Yumi into Heroes...

23 hours ago, XRay said:

Interesting. Although now that I look back on it, was RD backwards? The -Daggers were curved blades, which to me suggests single-edged. The -Knives were straight and pointed, which suggests double-edged to me. Though strangely, the ultimate knife (well range 1-2 weapon in the category), the Peshkatz, is curved, and the ultimate dagger (best range 1 in the category), the Baselard, is straight.

17 minutes ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

They'd have to come up with a different Japanese name if they wanted to get the Warriors incarnation of the Spellbane Yumi into Heroes...

Well Japanese is dense with information right. I think they could fit "Sakura's Spellbane [or a synonym for a little difference] Yumi"? 

On 5/28/2018 at 11:34 PM, XRay said:

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Interesting. Although now that I look back on it, was RD backwards? The -Daggers were curved blades, which to me suggests single-edged. The -Knives were straight and pointed, which suggests double-edged to me. Though strangely, the ultimate knife (well range 1-2 weapon in the category), the Peshkatz, is curved, and the ultimate dagger (best range 1 in the category), the Baselard, is straight.

In English, "dagger" refers to a double-edged knife. "Knife" is a more generic term that includes daggers (and according to Wikipedia, even sickles count as knives).

Radiant Dawn's daggers likely had their names determined separately from their weapon models. "Knife" was likely chosen to be the weapon class name for the ranged weapon class due to the English word "throwing knife", and throwing knives are typically daggers because they are puncture weapons instead of cutting weapons (and the symmetric double-edged design is more conducive for use as a puncture weapon). That left "dagger" as the weapon class name for the melee-exclusive weapon class despite the weapons not actually being daggers.