Legendary Hero: Ryoma, Supreme Samurai

Poimagic

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First legendary banner I'm skipping, even though I do like Ryoma. A cool new flier (and as a character I like well enough) is easy bait for my orbs, but I'm not feeling the other reds he's with. I don't care about Tiki and I already have a Sigurd I barely use.

Blue for Hardin would be great, but not going to pull with Fjorm in the mix and I don't really care about W Robin. If it was Ephraim as the legendary (since I don't have him) I'd probably go for it since then any of the units I get would be new.

Green's not bad, but I have a good Gunnthra already and my Azura's IVs are fine enough as is. Chrom would be nice, but I'd rather not pull for just 1/3 when the other two are pretty useless to get copies of.

For Colorless, I'd love to replace my -atk F Grima, but I have no desire to pull with Innes and Takumi in the way. I have a -spd Innes to fix and don't have Takumi at all, but just not good enough for me to go in. I want something better like last month's selection if I'm going to pull on colorless.

I'll wait to hopefully pull for Ryoma on a month where he's paired with other reds I'm more interested in.

Edited by Alkaid

Probably one full pull and then skip for me. Every color except green got only one unit that I want (Ryoma, F!Grima and Hardin) which practically cries for pity breakers ... 

Ryoma seems to be the perfect candidate for either Firesweep set or better Caeda set (Flashing Blade). @Poimagic Are going for him and F!Grima? Or do you still have brides to collect? 

In order of how much I need them:

1. Gunnthra - only two merges away from +10
  2. NY!Azura - will this be the first time I get Azura in any form?
  3. L!Ryoma - the new unit
  4. Y!Tiki - will complete my summoning movie collection
  5. Fjorm - need merges for when she’s a bonus unit
  6. Sigurd - one of my dream +10s, didn’t get as many of him off Miracle Banner as I wanted
  7. Hardin - merges and/or Bold Fighter
  8. F!Grima - merges and earth blessings
  9. Innes - hopefully not -Res?
  10. W!Chrom - don’t have, maybe for his bag for Sheena
  11. NY!Takumi - don’t have, but would complete NY if I get Azura
  12. W!Robin - don’t have, but don’t know what to do with him

This banner is an easy pass for me. Gunnthra and Fjorm are sitting at +10 and i am not so interested in Ryoma. Would pull for F!Grima but the colorless pull is garbage. Innes and Takumi please...

I'm so hyped for Young Tiki getting a PRF, she deserves it for being 5* only unlike Nowi and Fae.  I'm saving my orbs though, I don't want to try for merges on a legendary and I should be saving for Witch Nowi merges on Halloween.  If she gets on a normal banner, or better yet Hero Fest, afterward then I'll go for the last 6 merges.

I'm really glad Ryoma is a flier! ^_^ I feel like there aren't very many male fliers, especially on non-wyverns.

I'm gonna try to get Ryoma, NY!Takumi, and Christmas Chrom (if he doesn't evade me like usual -.-; ).

Edited by DancingDanny

@Ice DragonTrue point, but it's not necessarily global knowledge. If you asked 100 random people whether they'd associate lightning with water or fire, I'd assume water would get more votes based on thunderstorms being more common knowledge than thunder being plasma. So at the very least, water is very justifiable.

I'm not going to lie, I wish I have more orbs right now(I blade it on the brides of course). The only one I have from the focus is Fjorm, and I think Hardin, NY!Azura, Gunnthra and the new Ryoma are something I should go for.

Edited by Garlyle

Not gonna lie, I am disappointed. Not only because I don't like Ryoma but because this means that Xander is probably going to get a legendary alt as well and then there's two versions of Corrin as well. Oh well, I was going to save my orbs anyway.

Well, they are getting round to all the alts now I see.

Ryoma himself is going to rely on his stats, though I expect he'll be fine there. Raijinto is sadly expected (Why didn't they give him a red bow with CC? Would have been perfect imo), Guidance is alright for mixed teams though I suspect filer emblem will be better for him, Glimmer is Glimmer, Kestrel stance is neat but it ain't swift sparrow (Kestrel > Sparrow though. This is tough) and Bushido is alright; lesser than wrath but he is flying and they clearly want to avoid the cooldown reduction getting on fliers and horses.

Red also has Y!Tiki (would be nice to see if I get better than +Def/-Atk) and Sigurd (is also a good fodder and few natures would be good enough to convince me to not do so). Blues have Fjorm (Not too interested in pulling), Hardin (Probably who I'd want the most out of the blues.) and Chribin (Not interested despite being a fast armour. Though I forgot Brazen Atk/Spd on him. Crap.). Green has Gunnthra (Still haven't gotten her), Santa Chrom (Haven't got, not that concerned) and Newzura (Already have, better nature would be neat but if not she has Hone fliers). Colourless has F!Grima (nature sucked for her when I did get her so new one would be nice), Innes (Maybe he'll get a refine too? Still don't have him either, Elise and BridLyn prevented me from getting him last time) and Newkumi (Not too interested in to be honest).

TL:DR: Ryoma might be great, Red > Colourless > Green > Blue

Interesting that there's already speculation Tiki's getting a new weapon. I'd love it if it's a divinestone and we have no hint that it doesn't do effective damage against dragons yet. Knew not refining the flametongue was a good call.

We'll also likely see Christmas Tharja and Chrissa next time. Oh no, my orbs will likely be doomed. Also maybe Newmilla I guess.

Edited by Dayni

From this Legendary Banner I only don't have Kinshyoma, Xmas Chrom and Xmas Robin. I will try to get the flying lobster, but I will not spend all my orbs on him. Chrom and Robin are only for the Catalog or Inherit skills, because I don't plan to use them. I don't mind to get some Gunnthrás, for my merge project. I can easily skip the colorless pool. Actually I can easily skip this banner, but I will try to get a Kinshyoma.

I'm surprised by the general positive reactions here, since it's a Fates character, but I suppose a flier with built-in Distant Counter is neat.  Kestrel Stance and Guidance look cool too, so maybe I can do something with those.

Gonna pull blue in addition to red because I need Hardin in my life.

The most uninteresting banner for me yet.
No one is needed (anymore).
I might try to pull Gunthraa to save 20000 feathers by promoting Cecilia.
Actually Hardin would be preferable since he has a great A amd B skill.

Edited by Tear

Easiest pass if not for Hardin. A seasonal Alt Ryoma would be preferable than this. It feels like they just rushed to get a Red Sword unit out and picked Ryoma  because Xander would've definitely gotten some backlash and the same is potentially true with legendary Marth after the recent groom Marth.

Edit: Come to think of it, if they had ditched the idea of putting Sanaki in a bridal dress and had gone for 4 grooms to complement last year's banner instead, Ryoma would've been a perfect candidate for a groom banner.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

Holy Crap. I need all the reds.

Could use more Hardins and my CRobin is pretty crap with -SPD.

I don't have CChrom but when it comes to axe armors I am pretty well set.

Colorless I have them all and while Innes has a poor boon/bane combo, I don't use him much nor want to use him much. So very low prioity.

So despite not having Bridal Caeda I need to save all my upcoming orbs for this banner.

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ryoma seems to be the perfect candidate for either Firesweep set or better Caeda set (Flashing Blade). @Poimagic Are going for him and F!Grima? Or do you still have brides to collect? 

I’m summoning. I need Ryoma and Grima. I do have Bridal Ninian to get, but I don’t really need her

6 hours ago, NoirCore said:

@Ice DragonTrue point, but it's not necessarily global knowledge. If you asked 100 random people whether they'd associate lightning with water or fire, I'd assume water would get more votes based on thunderstorms being more common knowledge than thunder being plasma. So at the very least, water is very justifiable.

If you ask someone if they associate electricity with the elements of water or fire, I'd bet you'd hear fire more often than water.

But if you ask for lightning, I have a hunch that the most common answer would be "wind" because wind is generally associated with weather-related phenomena that aren't rain (i.e. the not-wet parts of storms are wind elemental).

11 hours ago, silverserpent said:

It's gonna be Healer!Xander as a Fire Legendary with built in WrazzleDazzle and the most stupidly high attack and defence seen in a healer.

Lol yeah probably.

10 hours ago, Othin said:

Nice. I don't have as much need for another water hero as a fire one, but I can't turn down another red flier.

Guess she's on the next set of New Power.

We already have three versions of Xander. He has a lot less need of this than Ryoma.

Yeah, but Xander is better.

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

Love or hate the banner, that's fine.

This is unacceptable.  If you don't like the banner to the point that you feel it's justified to call it "garbage", enjoy your orb savings.

Unacceptable? It's just my opinion.

10 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Garbage? Stupid? How? Ryoma lacked an alt until now.

Probably because the Rajinto's electricity, and lightning commonly comes alongside storms of rain. Wind could also fit, perhaps, but water's not too far off the mark compared to fire or earth.

One I'm biased against Ryoma and two it seems super random to make him a griffon rider. Water seems an odd choice for him. I figured they'd save the likes of Ryoma and Hector for if they ever come out with a Lightning Blessing.

9 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

I will pass on it. Ryouma is certainly unsurprising choice (in good way), but his set up is rally bad IMHO. I mean if his stats are anywhere close to standard Ryouma his resistance will suck and chicken will give him weakness against bows. That leaves him as ...Dagger counter?

I guess replacing his A skill for S/W Breath combined with DD could make him worthwhile though?

Ryouma is good choice for Legendary, he is practically lord of his game. Well we might get Xander eventually too, but there are more suitable choice especially ones with less alts then him.

BTW as you can see, we indeed got red unit. I am not kind of person who would like say stuff like "I told'ya so" but... OK I am exactly that kind of person

Yeah, he does make sense since he is basically a main character. This version of him is just super weird and awkward I feel though.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you ask someone if they associate electricity with the elements of water or fire, I'd bet you'd hear fire more often than water.

But if you ask for lightning, I have a hunch that the most common answer would be "wind" because wind is generally associated with weather-related phenomena that aren't rain (i.e. the not-wet parts of storms are wind elemental).

Could be related to fire as we now lightning can cause fire, and in rpg's they both relate to strength often. At the same time it can be related to wind, both can be referenced to speed, plus the example you mentioned.

If water can be related to something, it's usually ice. Nothing else I can picture here.