Legendary Hero: Ryoma, Supreme Samurai

Poimagic

Eh, I'm not sold on Ryoma. Couldn't they just made him a Red Bow Flier to match his Kinshi theme (maybe with a new version of Fujin Yumi)?
The water element is also kinda weird since he doesn't have anything to do with Water; I would have thought he would be a Wind Hero if he gets a Legendary copy of himself.

The fodder on this banner is ... not bad but I don't know. I really want another Hardin but I'm burnt out pulling Blues because of Ishtar and I want to pull Red for Ares. Also want Gunnthra but there are 2 Seasonal Alts sharing color with her.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Eh, I'm not sold on Ryoma. Couldn't they just made him a Red Bow Flier to match his Kinshi theme (maybe with a new version of Fujin Yumi)?
The water element is also kinda weird since he doesn't have anything to do with Water; I would have thought he would be a Wind Hero if he gets a Legendary copy of himself.

Only Takumi can wield the Fuujin. I know Heroes likes to ignore canon sometimes, but this would be something more major (and pretty cruel to him considering how inferior he already feels towards Ryouma. Just have him steal his signature weapon too?). Takumi himself would have been the perfect Green Bow Wind Legendary really. Of course there would have been backlash, although probably not as severe as with Lyn.

Ryouma, I feel, would have been better as a fire or wind elemental, true, but you can always handwave water as Fates' theme element of sorts.

33 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Could be related to fire as we now lightning can cause fire, and in rpg's they both relate to strength often. At the same time it can be related to wind, both can be referenced to speed, plus the example you mentioned.

If water can be related to something, it's usually ice. Nothing else I can picture here.

I covered that already:

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lightning itself is closely related to plasma. A voltage difference causes air (an insulator) to break down into plasma (a conductor), and when a path of ionized air (plasma) connects the two sides, you get the electrical discharge called lightning. (Same deal with static electricity.) Of the four classical Western elements, plasma is associated with fire.

There's also the fact that lightning itself is hot (for the same reason that electronics heat up when powered).

1 hour ago, SSbardock84 said:

One I'm biased against Ryoma and two it seems super random to make him a griffon rider. Water seems an odd choice for him. I figured they'd save the likes of Ryoma and Hector for if they ever come out with a Lightning Blessing.

...Dude, what? He's not a griffon rider, he's riding a Kinshi.

Honestly, the fact that Ryoma got a Legendary variant doesn't surprise me.

What DOES surprise me is the type of unit they made him. I always assumed that if Ryoma got such a variant, it'd be off his High Prince class from Cipher and Warriors.

This banner doesn't do much for me. The only unit I really want is Hardin, and even then it's just for Bold Fighter. Atk/Def bond and Brazen Atk/Spd would be nice consolation prizes, but I really need Bold Fighter. I'd like F!Grima but not enough to risk getting the other two units she's with, and Green just doesn't do anything for me. Anything from Red would nice, but I have both Sigurd and Tiki, so I don't think I need anything from there.

As for Ryoma, meh. I don't have a problem with him, but I was hoping for Alm with a red Parthia. I was hoping for a bit more change than just adding the Kinshi Knight thing to his back and changing his shoulder pads. His personal skill is just Wrath but worse, although he couldn't use Wrath anyway. Still, my only Sword Flier is an Atk+/Spd- Caeda, so maybe I'll spend a few orbs trying to get him.

Edited by AndrewMcC00l

@SSbardock84Your opinion or not, it's illogical to call giving Ryoma a legendary hero alt "garbage" and "stupid" because of your personal bias. Not saying you didn't give other points, but yeah. Also, why would lightning blessing be a thing in the future? There's no real indication for it, and it'd just make desired seasons less likely to occur.

@Ice DragonI don't think so...? Even if it's electricity, it's still logical for one typical person's mind to default to water because of storms. "Electricity" and "lightning" can commonly be associated with each other.

You do have a point about wind, but at the same time, water's not exactly unrelated.

...actually, now that I think about it, Mikoto's from Valla and birthed Ryoma from Sumeragi, right? Can someone confirm or deny this?

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Also, why would lightning blessing be a thing in the future? There's no real indication for it, and it'd just make desired seasons less likely to occur.

Because there are a vast amount of characters in the game that use lightning like attacks or are associated with lightning. Ryoma, Hector, Eirika, Michalis, Reinhardt, ect.

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

@SSbardock84Your opinion or not, it's illogical to call giving Ryoma a legendary hero alt "garbage" and "stupid" because of your personal bias. Not saying you didn't give other points, but yeah. Also, why would lightning blessing be a thing in the future? There's no real indication for it, and it'd just make desired seasons less likely to occur.

@Ice DragonI don't think so...? Even if it's electricity, it's still logical for one typical person's mind to default to water because of storms. "Electricity" and "lightning" can commonly be associated with each other.

You do have a point about wind, but at the same time, water's not exactly unrelated.

...actually, now that I think about it, Mikoto's from Valla and birthed Ryoma from Sumeragi, right? Can someone confirm or deny this?

She’s not Ryoma birth mother, but Fates’s connection to Water element justify him being a Water hero.

And now every Fates royal has at least one alt. Is everyone happy now? Okay? Okay.

Not sure how I feel about Ryoma's kit as a whole. A DC Flier sounds great, but I'm really curious about his stat line. As an enemy phase skill, Kestrel Stance wouldn't benefit him very well if he turns out to be leaning towards a glass cannon. Bushido also seems like a great skill, but it suffers majorly from B Skill Syndrome/B Slot Competition.

Anyways, I'm on a bit of a budget this time around and I'm fairly low on orbs from the Brides banners because self-control is a myth, but luckily there's only a couple units on this banner that I really care about:

REDS.

I could honestly ignore them.
Ryoma is coming back eventually.
Sigurd . I've already got him and don't need any of his fodder, despite how great it may be.
Y!Tiki would be great since A!Tiki is my only other Red Dragon (and the only other Red Dragon period. Hint, hint, IS), but my Dragon team is solid enough as is so I won't complain about missing out on her.

GREENS.

Azura. Got them and I'm not in need of their fodder.
Gunnthra. See Azura.
Chrom. *makes indescribable, mildly disturbing sound* He. Is. Top. Priority. One would be plenty enough, though.

BLUES.

Fjorm. See Azura.
Hardin. Mine is fine, and as useful as Bold Fighter fodder would be, I'm not hurting for it atm.
W!Robin. Don't have him. Will try for him, but if worse comes to worse, I could always try for him later down the road on his Re-run banner. He doesn't share a color with the others so it will be easier to snipe for.

COLORLESS.

L!Robin & Innes. See Azura.
Takumi. See W!Robin

Edited by Kurrin

Dang, this is probably the best Blue lineup I've ever seen on a Legendary banner. Not only Fjorm merges for solid water season scoring, but Hardin and WRobin to provide desirable skills (Bold Fighter and Armor March) for an armor-based team for Arena Assault scoring.

Not too impressed by Ryoma and own the other 2 reds. Likewise not interested in the colorless units except for fGrima. I'm glad they didn't put WTharja on this banner, which would risk her getting blocked by him. (Hopefully she's on the next banner with Vike as the red LH)

Definitely prioritizing blue and green.

It’s weird that looking like a lobster is the closest thing that associates him with water ...

In fates, are the dragons that appear during dragon vein activations based on character or location?

Looking at this legendary banner again the only unit on it I want is Ryoma and since I am running low on orbs I think I will wait for Ryoma to come back on a legendary banner with more units I want on it, since I am hoping that Ryoma and Vector will be on the same banner at the end of July.  I will do my free pull and then skip.

I'm skipping this banner after my disasterous summoning session on the Lyn banner (3 Henrys, 2 Inigos, 0 Lyn). I'm saving up my orbs for the summer seasonals.  

If you don't have Airzura, I'd highly recommend summoning for her.  She is an amazing flier support unit, and you can easily clear most in-game content if you build a flying team (Brave weapons, bladetomes, Firesweeps) around her.

Not a big fan of Ryoma so I am kind of disappointed although not too surprised since he was do to get an alt. Kind of weird how they are flip flopping with the seasonals, was expecting performing arts azura but we somehow skipped all the way to new years. Hope we still get another shot at some of the performing arts or christmas ones in the next couple months that they seemed to have skipped but I guess we just have to wait and see. Might pull for Grima Robin but still undecided since I did spend more orbs than expected on a couple recent banners although I did build back up for the most part,

6 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Unacceptable? It's just my opinion.

If you don't know how to express your opinion diplomatically, keep it to yourself.  There's others who have expressed their disappointment in an appropriate manner.

10 minutes ago, nirvanafan said:

was expecting performing arts azura but we somehow skipped all the way to new years.

Performing Arts Azura already appeared on Legendary Ike's banner back at the end of January. Jakob and Henry rounded out the last two Halloween characters on the last banner, so Christmas and New Year were to be expected for this one.

56 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If you don't know how to express your opinion diplomatically, keep it to yourself.  There's others who have expressed their disappointment in an appropriate manner.

Wow okay. I feel like it'd be different if I was expressing this to a person. But nonetheless, I understand.

Just now, SSbardock84 said:

Wow okay. I feel like it'd be different if I was expressing this to a person. But nonetheless, I understand.

This forum is made up of people.  If you wouldn't say it to someone's face, think twice about posting it.  That's a rule I keep in mind when expressing my opinions.

I seemed to have missed all the exciting news last night with Legendary Ryoma, Tiki's new prf weapon, VG details, accessories, and most importantly Linde most likely coming back on a focus banner.

Anyways, Legendary Ryoma looks nice. I don't remember Kinshi Knights wielding swords but whatever. I would definitely like to pull for him and Y!Tiki on the legendary banner but since I swore never to pull on legendary banners again it's a pass for me which disappoints me since I have been looking for an excuse to pull red orbs for some time now.

Since we finally got Marth and Ryoma alts can we start asking for Alm alts next?

I don't know if someone commented it, because there are more than 170 replies and I am lazy to check every single one, but... in the trailer, Ryoma caused 13 of damage on Xander. Assuming Xander is Lv 40, bacause of his HP, and Ryoma started the combat, so no Kestrel Stance boost, and both Ryoma and Xander don't have buffs/penalties, Ryoma has 50 Atk (34 + 16 from the weapon). And Ryoma took 26 of Damage. Xander, with his weapon, has 48 Atk, so Ryoma has 22 Def.