Most Powerful Set Of Fictional Items?

Dismissed

15 hours ago, Jotari said:

Jeweled Sword Zeltetch would probably beat Ea as it allows the user to harness infinite energy. Though, I suppose, unlike Ea, it's has a limit on how much power can be used at once based on the wielders capabilities. Still, there's very little a talented person couldn't do with infinite energy.

The Dagger of Time from Prince of Persia would also be pretty useful, as that can somehow rewind time even after it's user has been killed.

True true, Jeweled Sword Zelretch would be a very handy item to have. Infinite energy is always useful, and since a lot of fiction has its uber weapons consuming ungodly amounts of energy to use, it would let you use more stuff at once or repeatedly.

Rewinding time after dying is cool and all, but the Time Stone in the Infinity Gauntlet should probably be enough as time-rewinding goes. Having the Dagger of Time would probably be a bit redundant, especially when slots are limited.

45 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

If your name is not Arthur, you'll have to swing it while it's buried in that HUGE rock.

But, generally speaking, the Sword in the Stone is a separate sword from Excalibur anyway, so it would be more like swinging it while its being held by the Lady of the Lake.

Although, even if you didn't care about Excalibur as a sword, having its sheath would be handy since it grants passive healing and (in the Nasuverse at least) prevents aging.

IIRC, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow had Excalibur as a secret item, and made poor Soma Cruz swing it WHILE it was fixed on top of the rock lol.

4 hours ago, alatartheblue42 said:

True true, Jeweled Sword Zelretch would be a very handy item to have. Infinite energy is always useful, and since a lot of fiction has its uber weapons consuming ungodly amounts of energy to use, it would let you use more stuff at once or repeatedly.

Rewinding time after dying is cool and all, but the Time Stone in the Infinity Gauntlet should probably be enough as time-rewinding goes. Having the Dagger of Time would probably be a bit redundant, especially when slots are limited.

But, generally speaking, the Sword in the Stone is a separate sword from Excalibur anyway, so it would be more like swinging it while its being held by the Lady of the Lake.

Although, even if you didn't care about Excalibur as a sword, having its sheath would be handy since it grants passive healing and (in the Nasuverse at least) prevents aging.

alternatively you could just get one of the kaleid sticks or Bazett's weapon.

Millennium items from Yu-Gi-Oh anyone? There are seven and I believe all of them have some crazy powers.

Puzzle - This one might not be clear since its purpose in the show was basically Yami Yugi/Atem's hiding place, but it probably has something to do with letting the user split themselves into different personas or "pieces" like that of a puzzle.

Eye - Can see what other people are planning.

Ring - Detect other Millennium items, though it may have another use not shown since that actually does seem kinda trivial if you have one of the others.

Necklace - Can look into the past or future.

Key - Go into people's minds with this one.

Rod - Possess people's minds. Also can apparently kinda sorta show certain individuals things that are about to happen in the near future as it did for Kaiba, but that may only be because Kaiba had a connection to it (he's the reincarnation of the rod's original owner, thus is implied to be the one who should've wielded it next and not Marik).

Scale - Not actually sure about this one since it had the least amount of relevance in the show, but probably something to do with the balance of something.

The Millennium items choose their owners though, with the exception of the scale since it never had any implied true wielder besides the original one from ancient Egypt. Both the key and the scale were held by the same character. Though others can tap into some of their power as shown by Marik using the rod even though Kaiba is implied to be the one who should've gotten it. Their full power is only open to those the items choose.

The puzzle seems to choose not right away though, but choose based on who can put it together. Yugi is the only one who did, so he automatically was chosen based on that, I'm guessing. And he's Atem's reincarnation, of course.

Also, it seems that one Millennium item's power can override another's. Ishizu used the necklace to try beating Kaiba in a duel, but Marik was present with the rod at the time and that's when the rod reacted to Kaiba and ushered him to use Blue Eyes White Dragon instead of Obelisk who was about to be blown up, so he could win the duel.

I also think that Atem's crazy mind was an attempt to override the key's power as well when it was used to go into Yugi's mind (and Atem and Yugi shared a body due to the puzzle, so both their minds were inside it), it only didn't succeed because Yugi interfered.

Yet, even though the items can override each other, they still appear to be very powerful together because there are characters that were after all seven (Yami Bakura being the most notable one).

Edited by Anacybele

7 hours ago, alatartheblue42 said:

Ah, but can one use the time stone after their brain has ceased to function? Because that makes a massive difference in how useful it it compared to the dagger of time.

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Millennium items from Yu-Gi-Oh anyone? There are seven and I believe all of them have some crazy powers.

Puzzle - This one might not be clear since its purpose in the show was basically Yami Yugi/Atem's hiding place, but it probably has something to do with letting the user split themselves into different personas or "pieces" like that of a puzzle.

Eye - Can see what other people are planning.

Ring - Detect other Millennium items, though it may have another use not shown since that actually does seem kinda trivial if you have one of the others.

Necklace - Can look into the past or future.

Key - Go into people's minds with this one.

Rod - Possess people's minds. Also can apparently kinda sorta show certain individuals things that are about to happen in the near future as it did for Kaiba, but that may only be because Kaiba had a connection to it (he's the reincarnation of the rod's original owner, thus is implied to be the one who should've wielded it next and not Marik).

Scale - Not actually sure about this one since it had the least amount of relevance in the show, but probably something to do with the balance of something.

The Millennium items choose their owners though, with the exception of the scale since it never had any implied true wielder besides the original one from ancient Egypt. Both the key and the scale were held by the same character. Though others can tap into some of their power as shown by Marik using the rod even though Kaiba is implied to be the one who should've gotten it. Their full power is only open to those the items choose.

The puzzle seems to choose not right away though, but choose based on who can put it together. Yugi is the only one who did, so he automatically was chosen based on that, I'm guessing. And he's Atem's reincarnation, of course.

Also, it seems that one Millennium item's power can override another's. Ishizu used the necklace to try beating Kaiba in a duel, but Marik was present with the rod at the time and that's when the rod reacted to Kaiba and ushered him to use Blue Eyes White Dragon instead of Obelisk who was about to be blown up, so he could win the duel.

I also think that Atem's crazy mind was an attempt to override the key's power as well when it was used to go into Yugi's mind (and Atem and Yugi shared a body due to the puzzle, so both their minds were inside it), it only didn't succeed because Yugi interfered.

Yet, even though the items can override each other, they still appear to be very powerful together because there are characters that were after all seven (Yami Bakura being the most notable one).

This.

Lord of the Rings items, hands down.

One Ring - Makes Sauron all powerful, and makes other people invisible to the realm of living, yet not under Sauron's gaze.
Sting - Elvish blade that glows when Orcs are around. How convenient is that? Very.
Mithril - Stronger and Lighter than steel, and has an appearance of silver. It's also used to make weapons, although extremely rare.

26 minutes ago, Erren said:

One Ring - Makes Sauron all powerful, and makes other people invisible to the realm of living, yet not under Sauron's gaze.
Sting - Elvish blade that glows when Orcs are around. How convenient is that? Very.
Mithril - Stronger and Lighter than steel, and has an appearance of silver. It's also used to make weapons, although extremely rare.

Swords from the Lord of the Rings/Silmarillion/The Hobbit were awesome. Narsil (henceforth reforged as Anduril), Glamdring, Orcrist.. I could go on lol

2 hours ago, Erren said:

I still think that the true monado would be a good fit for the hand slot, being able to see the future and having the power of the Monado arts. The only notable power of those swords I recall is glowing when orcs are near, which you'd be able to see with a vision with the true Monado.

defenitly won't argue about the ring though. 

Hey speaking of rings, what about the red ring from legend of Zelda. Cutting any attacks power by 3/4ths is very valuable.

Has anyone mentioned the Keyblade?

Also what about the HF Blade from metal gear rising? Specifically Given enough time or swinging power it could cut through anything. Plus you have its energy absorption power and other things.

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

17 hours ago, Czarpy said:

alternatively you could just get one of the kaleid sticks or Bazett's weapon.

The Kaleidosticks are cool and all, but I don't know if they have as much capability as Jeweled Sword Zeltrech in the energy production department. Their other functions aren't all that great, unless you're going around Installing Class Cards, and why would you need to do that when you've got this level of gear already?

Fragarach, though, would be incredibly useful to have on hand. A sword that turns back time to pierce the heart of the enemy just before they unleash their ultimate attack? Hell yeah.

14 hours ago, Jotari said:

Ah, but can one use the time stone after their brain has ceased to function? Because that makes a massive difference in how useful it it compared to the dagger of time.

I don't deny that that feature makes it superior in terms of time manipulation. As far as I know, the Time Stone requires its user to be alive still, so the Dagger wins. But, the Time Stone comes as a package with the other 5 Infinity Stones in the Infinity Gauntlet, meaning it only needs one slot for incredible power. The Dagger of Time, while better, takes up a lot more space, and that is the main limiter on how much OP stuff we can throw on, so I don't think it's little bit of benefit is sufficient to warrant the space. Besides, have you seen all this gear? If you're dying with this equipment you deserve to die.

2 hours ago, Erren said:

One Ring is great, yeah. Even if we had both it and Hades's helmet, making one of the invisibilities redundant, its still a very powerful artifact for its minimal slot consumption.

Sting, though, not so much. Its features are "Being Elvish, so probably Mithril (don't remember) and thus hard to break" and "Glows near orcs". But unbreakable isn't that notable, and are orcs really so much of a problem that we need a dedicated warning system for them?

And Mithril as a collective is just not an item you can wield. Unless we're bashing skulls with a bar of Mithril, which does sound fun.

1 hour ago, alatartheblue42 said:

I don't deny that that feature makes it superior in terms of time manipulation. As far as I know, the Time Stone requires its user to be alive still, so the Dagger wins. But, the Time Stone comes as a package with the other 5 Infinity Stones in the Infinity Gauntlet, meaning it only needs one slot for incredible power. The Dagger of Time, while better, takes up a lot more space, and that is the main limiter on how much OP stuff we can throw on, so I don't think it's little bit of benefit is sufficient to warrant the space. Besides, have you seen all this gear? If you're dying with this equipment you deserve to die.

Well I just take that as more of a reason to equip the Dagger of Time. It's utility is superior to practically anything else. Piling on more powerful objects is a law of diminishing returns as you don't need more power. Having something like the Dagger of Time makes you absolutely invincible as you become immune to ambush tactics.

If you want to include a "face" slot, then the stone mask from JJBA could work. Turns whoever wears it into an superpowered immortal vampire, although that does include a weakness to sunlight. And you only have to put it on once, leaving room for another face item after the mask takes its effect.

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

If you want to include a "face" slot, then the stone mask from JJBA could work. Turns whoever wears it into an superpowered immortal vampire, although that does include a weakness to sunlight. And you only have to put it on once, leaving room for another face item after the mask takes its effect.

If we're using a face slot, then I nominate Majora's Mask. Being able to pull a celestial body out of orbit with pin point precision is no small feet.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

If we're using a face slot, then I nominate Majora's Mask. Being able to pull a celestial body out of orbit with pin point precision is no small feet.

I'd actually say the fierce deity mask is the uncontested winner of that slot. Since the power of the fierce deity puts Majora himself to shame.

2 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I'd actually say the fierce deity mask is the uncontested winner of that slot. Since the power of the fierce deity puts Majora himself to shame.

Fierce Deity's Mask certainly seems to h ave more raw power as it easily defeated Majora's Mask (granted, Majora's Mask didn't have any one wearing it at the time, if that matters, which presumably it does, otherwise it wouldn't be a mask), but Majora's Mask does have way more known feats of power that give the impression it has more utility. Pulling a moon from orbit, aging someone into a child, mind controlling a giant Goron to blow a hurricane while making him invisible, changing someone's species and dividing several fairies and scattering them about the land. Given the numerous weapons that boast sheer power, and the fact that Fierce Deity needs to use a sword to work, Majora's Mask would be a lot more tactically useful.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Fierce Deity's Mask certainly seems to h ave more raw power as it easily defeated Majora's Mask (granted, Majora's Mask didn't have any one wearing it at the time, if that matters, which presumably it does, otherwise it wouldn't be a mask), but Majora's Mask does have way more known feats of power that give the impression it has more utility. Pulling a moon from orbit, aging someone into a child, mind controlling a giant Goron to blow a hurricane while making him invisible, changing someone's species and dividing several fairies and scattering them about the land. Given the numerous weapons that boast sheer power, and the fact that Fierce Deity needs to use a sword to work, Majora's Mask would be a lot more tactically useful.

I'll give you that, Majoras mask has far more feats to its name.

but there is also the fact that majora's mask kinda corrupts its user and turns them insane and evil while wearing it. Taking complete control over them. Ideally we would want to remain in complete control with all of our OP items. While we are removing all worthiness barriers, this is a completely different life form that inhabits the mask, that would compete with you and most likely win control over you.

and upon leaving, the mask loses all of its powers. So I still think that Fierce deity would take that slot better.

call me crazy but The stone mask from Majoras mask could also work, Turning yourself invisible to all but the most hugely trained enemies is amazing.

But the Fierce Deity mask transforms the user, thus rendering the Omnitrix useless. In my opinion, the Omnitrix is way more powerful. Also, I think we should refrain from all corrupting equipment such as the One Ring and Majora's Mask as they cause the user to lose their sanity/mind/soul/will/control/whatever.

5 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

But the Fierce Deity mask transforms the user, thus rendering the Omnitrix useless. In my opinion, the Omnitrix is way more powerful. Also, I think we should refrain from all corrupting equipment such as the One Ring and Majora's Mask as they cause the user to lose their sanity/mind/soul/will/control/whatever.

Ohh right forgot we were using the omnitrix.

whats it's time limit? I remember jt having one.

thats probably a good rule

25 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Ohh right forgot we were using the omnitrix.

whats it's time limit? I remember jt having one.

thats probably a good rule

Maximum time limit, no glitches, Master Control. Throw in absolute control over Alien X for more OP shenanigans.

1 minute ago, Purple Mage said:

Maximum time limit, no glitches, Master Control. Throw in absolute control over Alien X for more OP shenanigans.

Oh geez wow.

so any decisions on what's taking the sword slot?

2 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

Depends if with Doc Ock arms or not. If with, then that gives us four extra hand slots.

Are we nerfing that in anyway, or are we letting all four of those arms use the full power of those swords?