'Shocking' news on May 31st?

Lau

So GameXplain and Serebii have talked about how a Japanese Pokemon Variety Show have confirmed that there will be 'shocking' news regarding Pokemon on the 31st May, that will be a new milestone in its history, something along the lines of that.

What could this be? Could it be regarding the Switch games, particularly the leaked games Let's Go Pikachu + Eevee? That would confirm that we're going back to Kanto, which could be 'historical' but idk? It doesn't feel that way to me. Maybe a new spin-off, or a crossover that nobody has ever dreamed of before? Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition was pretty damn shocking, but I don't think it's that.

Maybe it's not about the games. Maybe it's about the anime? Are they replacing Ash? I don't think so, he's been confirmed to be back for the 21st movie. Will they be adapting the Pokemon Adventures manga after over 20 years? God I wish.

It's just stumping me because I can't remember them ever describing an announcement to do with Pokemon as 'shocking' and 'historical'. Did they do it with Sun and Moon? They certainly changed up the formula, but I can't remember if they were described as such.

Or maybe it's just them trying to build up the hype. Maybe it's not really important, because surely, if it was, we'd be getting an English announcement, right? Who knows. Speculation is fun.

I imagine it's a 10 to 30 sec random clip from the new games. But I also have a feeling that the new games will be revealed prior to the show.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.

As such, I'm not really gonna bother to follow it. I've already stayed up for the show once and it was painful (I am clearly not the target audience).

I hope it's about the new games myself, of course. Just to put at least some of these rumors to rest. Even if I still really don't want to go back to Kanto.

I can easily see it being "Let's Go Pikachu"

Just because "Shocking" points IMMEDIATELY to Pikachu and 'Historical' could just mean the whole "New Story in an old region that's not a remake or direct sequel" angle.

That's just my take anyway.

Well at least we got Gen 8 coming... next year.

Honestly though for what it is, Let’s Go doesn’t look that bad. Kanto needed a new coat of paint so a spin off is fine by me.  

Ahah, well I'll be damned.

It looks good, it has a lot of features I wanted, plus it's a spin-off. I'm waiting to see a bit more until I decide whether or not to buy it.

It'll be a day one buy if Professor Willow, Spark, Candela and Blanche show up in the main game.