Accessories!

Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How about an invisible horse? The character would look like they're saddled on air.

No invisible clothes though. One, they'd have to keep the underwear visible, since FtP does not stand for *insert sexually explicit language* and is a family friendly game. Therefore everyone would suddenly need underwear models. And given the hundreds of characters they need to invent underwear for, they'd get genericized underwear for the sheer ease of it. And after FEW, I cannot allow FE to go back to that! Takumi must have his fantastic, practical and aesthetically pleasing Warriors underwear!

Two, underwear is like swimsuits, and it'd ruin the Summer Seasonal magic if everyone could be put in not-waterproof "swimwear" (which may after soaking result in skinny dipping and or nude sunbathing to dry).

Three, do we really want the people who'd put the younger-looking members of the cast in underwear to advertise it?

I wouldn't mind doing a bit of clothes-swapping, but nothing too ridiculous.  Give Ares his dad's threads or something. :P:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Three, do we really want the people who'd put the younger-looking members of the cast in underwear to advertise it?

I wouldn't mind doing a bit of clothes-swapping, but nothing too ridiculous.  Give Ares his dad's threads or something. :P:

I used to go fanart hunting a lot and always got confused between Ares and Eldigan if there was no other reference. My friend still teases me about it because I'd often jokingly complain to her about it. This would completely mess with me more xD 

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I used to go fanart hunting a lot and always got confused between Ares and Eldigan if there was no other reference. My friend still teases me about it because I'd often jokingly complain to her about it. This would completely mess with me more xD 

That is rooted in FE4.

eltshanaless

As I pointed out once before, there are other cases: Tailtiu-Tine, Ayra-Larcei, Silvia-Leen, Lachesis-Nanna, Quan-Leif, where the parent appears to have asexually reproduced themselves. You might also be able to make a case for Erinys-Fee and Deidre-Julia, but not so clearly there due to hairstyle differences. And then there is the strange case of Lex-Lester.

I call it laziness, or a crunch for time and resources, and making it unnecessarily visually obvious who is related to who. 

Getting back to the accessories thing, think they'd be willing to offer the same thing except in different colors? Like a circlet in gold, silver, and bronze versions?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

@Interdimensional Observer

Yup, I knew that. It just always made me laugh, and made my friend laugh, too. To re-palette swap Ares and Eldigan using accessories would blow my mind xD

I suppose they had limited things they could do back in the day. I kinda like that they've kept Ares looking so similar in Heroes, though, 'cos it seems really likely he'd try to mimic his father as much as possible :)

Also, I would love different colour options - especially if we got animal ears :D

...We better get animal ears...

12 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As I pointed out once before, there are other cases: Tailtiu-Tine, Ayra-Larcei, Silvia-Leen, Lachesis-Nanna, Quan-Leif, where the parent appears to have asexually reproduced themselves. You might also be able to make a case for Erinys-Fee and Deidre-Julia, but not so clearly there due to hairstyle differences. And then there is the strange case of Lex-Lester.

That just gave me an idea. Maybe they can also include faces or even entire heads as accessories that you can swap around.

Say a player wants to create a team of waifus/husbandos but there is that one crucial character that is of the opposite gender you want. Since Reinhardt is the only male on my core Arena team, if I want to make a team of only waifus, I can swap Reinhardt's entire head with Lucina's head, so I sort of have a team of only waifus, even if it is just appearance wise on the map.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How about an invisible horse? The character would look like they're saddled on air.

That sounds kind of fun and interesting. Since my swapping heads idea already sounds pretty weird, I am going to push your idea a little further and suggest make the body invisible too. It would be great for Halloween to have floating heads on the battlefield.

• 2 weeks later...

It was fun to decide who got what. 

Zelgius now looks very pretty with his hairclip. I have a Bunny Innes to go with my other Bunny Boys. I don't really like the Feh accessory, but Fae does, so she got it. Tobin looks amazing in Bruno's mask (it really suits him). I don't really like the other mask - no one looks good in it... So I gave it to the one person who needs his beauty tempered - Oliver :) 

I'm already looking forward to more accessories ^.^

A!Tiki gets Bruno's Mask for now, but it also looks pretty sweet on PA!Azura.

Micaiah gets Feh for maximum birbs, but if Geitz ever gets into the game it's going right on his head forever.

Marth gets to wear Marth's Mask so he can cosplay as someone cosplaying as himself.

Fallen!Takumi gets the bunny ears because I feel that he needs to lighten up a bit.

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

It was fun to decide who got what. 

Zelgius now looks very pretty with his hairclip. I have a Bunny Innes to go with my other Bunny Boys. I don't really like the Feh accessory, but Fae does, so she got it. Tobin looks amazing in Bruno's mask (it really suits him). I don't really like the other mask - no one looks good in it... So I gave it to the one person who needs his beauty tempered - Oliver :) 

I'm already looking forward to more accessories ^.^

you would dare mask true beauty? For shame...

not gonna lie, that seashell hair clip is great, it looks great on everyone, currently on Myrrh.

I put the enigmatic mask on BK for maximum enigmaticness.

And I gave Micaiah feh for the meme.

I can't wait for them to add more accessories, I need more hair clips and we need a proper hat.

If I had Ishtar, she'd totally get Feh to the head. :P:

But I don't, so Merric wears Feh.  Figured that she'd like the breeze from Excalibur!

For now Halloween Henry has an owl on his head- until we get a crow then this will do

Seashell pin looks great on either Ninian or the Azuras

Mysterious dancer also has the mask. Groom Marth also works, too.

Bruno's mask looks great with Lyoma's Kinshi design.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

you would dare mask true beauty? For shame...

I just couldn't take it anymore. It was too much for me!

Innes had the seashell clip before I got the bunny hat. I'd love more cute little accessories like that :D 

I gave Serra Bruno’s mask for dominatrix healer aesthetic.

Seashell pin looks good on pretty much everyone. I was gonna give it to Dorcas but it ended up on Ursula.

Bunny hood went to Lloyd. At least his sprite can look cute.

Oliver now wears feh on his head.

Fir got Marth’s Mask.

on a side note, I find it odd that Donnel can’t wear the Bunny Hood but Nephenee and Black Knight can.

9 hours ago, eclipse said:

If I had Ishtar, she'd totally get Feh to the head. :P:

But I don't, so Merric wears Feh.  Figured that she'd like the breeze from Excalibur!

I put Feh on Merric too!! ...mostly because I gave Raven and Fjorm edgy masks...and Lucius got the hairpin...so Merric needed to look snazzy too. Plus he seems like the type of person who might have an owl as his Patronus. 

Speaking of Lucius...Have you ever seen anything more radiant? Ike might've just lost his Radiant Hero title to someone as radiant as St. Elimine herself.

MUiIWQg.jpg

After much DEEP THOUGHT and CONSIDERATION:

- I have Summer Frederick, even if the seashell is in his hair
- I also managed to obtain Spring Sharena
- One of the masks in on Reinhardt.  Now I'm waiting for three tiaras.  Then. . .I make a team so bad that the rest of you smack me for it.

My current placements;

- Spring Bunny Hat on Kagero, for the Spring Kagero I never managed to get.
 - Enigmatic Mask on Anna, since she used to be Zacharias's commander.
 - Mysterious Mask on Lucina, because I find it amusing to make Masked Unmasked Marth.
 - Seashell Hairpin on Fjorm, in hope of a Summer Fjorm.
 - Feh Doll on Gunnthra, for the sake of sleepy girl on a sleepy girl.

Now I'm sorta waiting for a tiara or crown of some sort. One of Genny's castle quotes mentions that being in the castle makes her feel like she's become a princess. I wanna make her dreams come true and crown her princess of the castle. : )

They protecc

tumblr_pa0n3jYY1r1ud7w8eo1_r3_400.jpg

I switched Nyakumi's accessory to the Feh hat afterwards, because the bunny ears + knife make him look like a carnival themed serial killer.

Edited by Nanima

Bunny Hat on Bride Lyn (Bunny Bride! Plus, color matching)
Seashell on Valentines Lyn (it just looks adorable on her)
Mysterious Mask on Sword Lyn (could say that she won it from Lucina; popularity memes)
Feh Doll on Brave Lyn (my top archer in the team; getting Sir Shootsalot vibes; for those who don't know, it's these two  items.
Enigmatic Mask on Legend Lyn (filler for now)

The only other accessories that are in the game's data are the Askran Hairpin and the Swim Goggles currently. Once they become available to players, I'm considering giving the Askran Hairpiece to Legend Lyn and give Enigmatic Mask to The Reinhardt (I now use The Bruno; SSBB Meta Knight memes). Probably gonna give the Swim Goggles to Cordelia in reference to the fact that she got a swimsuit CG in the Awakening DLC.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I put Mysterious Mask on Cam... erm. I mean it's Sirius yay!
I gave Enigmatic Mask to Reinhardt.
Seashell to my pretty Ishtar.
Feh Doll to Nino because Nino is a kid.
And Bunny Hat is going to... Ares.

I kind of want them to put Auras in the game as accessories because that would be pretty cool.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm having significant trouble deciding if I want my Mysterious Mask on Lucina, Marth, or Masked Marth.

two masks makes your identity impossible to figure out.