Legendary Hero Battle (Storm): Ryoma

SatsumaFSoysoy

5 hours ago, Kaden said:

はぐれメタル used 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 5* New Year's M!Corrin with a Drive Def 1 seal, 5* Finn with Goad Cavalry equipped, and 5* groom Marth with a Drive Atk 2 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hez_o01Ucig. Like the above strategy, there's commentary throughout the video.

This went well until it suddenly stopped, which I assume is because my Corrin got Drive Def 2.

EDIT: Obstruct didn't work, nor did changing Marth's Rally to Speed or Defence. Anyone with suggestions to stop the archer taking Ryoma's space on Turn 5 is greatly appreciated.

Edited by bethany81707

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

This went well until it suddenly stopped, which I assume is because my Corrin got Drive Def 2.

EDIT: Obstruct didn't work, nor did changing Marth's Rally to Speed or Defence. Anyone with suggestions to stop the archer taking Ryoma's space on Turn 5 is greatly appreciated.

New Year's M!Corrin having Drive Def 2 means anyone near him gets 1 more defense than in the video guide. Standing next to him means his allies would get +8 Def and +5 Res, Hama Ya (+2 Def/Res within 2 spaces), Spur Def/Res 2 (+3 Def/Res), and Drive Def 2 (+3 Def within 2 spaces) seal, while standing within 2 spaces of him means they get +5 Def and +2 Res, Hama Ya and Drive Def 2. I'm going to assume their resistance isn't going to affect anything, so I'm going to leave it out for this following examination.

At the end of turn 4, groom Marth and vanguard Ike are standing next to him and Corrin and Marth were within range of vanguard Ike's Def Tactic 3 at the start of turn 4, so they had a +6 defense field buff. Marth would have 44 defense through Corrin and Ike's buffs and Ike would have 43 defense through Corrin's buffs. Corrin would have only been buffed by Def Tactic 3 giving him 42 defense. Finn started out away from Ike's Def Tactic on turn 4 and ends it away from anyone giving him a defense buff, so he would only have 34 defense through his default Atk/Def 2 skill. On enemy phase, Finn gets hit by the unrefined Smoke Dagger, Windsweep, Savage Blow thief who debuffs Marth with -6 Def/Res and inflicts 7 damage on him. Marth would 38 defense, +8 Def from Corrin's buffs, as a result.

With Drive Def 1, however, Marth would have had 43 defense and vanguard Ike would have had 42 defense. Corrin would have remained at 42 defense since he only receives Ike's Def Tactic buff in the video. Marth would also drop down to 37 defense, +7 defense from Corrin's buffs, by the Smoke Dagger thief.

My guess is that Corrin having lower defense, even though it's 1 point, than Ike might have caused the Slaying Bow archer to go down instead of letting Ryoma go down and switching to where he was. You didn't say if Ryoma went down towards Corrin, but if he did, then it would make sense since Ryoma would have done more damage to Corrin than Ike because of the 1 point defense difference even though both of them would have been doubled and likely ORKO'd by him if Ike didn't have a partially charged Radiant Aether to heal up.

Finn's the only one without a Sacred Seal, but he's not near Corrin during the turn 4 to turn 5 and Marth can't buff Corrin's defense since he already received Ike's Def Tactic 3, +6 Def buff. Refining Corrin's Hama Ya with a defense refine would give him more defense and would equal Ike's if Corrin doesn't have Atk/Def 2 equipped, but that's -2 attack on him which you could just inherit Attack 2 onto him to fix. He would also get +2 HP giving him 39 HP. It's still lower than Finn's, Ike's, and Marth's, but it might mess with things. Edit 2: Didn't work. At least with his default A passive.

Try dropping him down to Spur Def/Res 1 (+2 Def/Res). That would give everyone the defense whenever they're standing next to him, but would lower the resistance by 1. I'm not sure if that will affect anything. Corrin and Finn have the lowest resistance at 18, Marth sits at the middle at 20, and Ike has 21. That's pretty low resistance in general. Finn, Marth, and Ike will always have higher resistance than Corrin since nobody gives resistance buffs, but him. Edit 1: Tried it, didn't work.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything else. Everyone is neutral, unmerged, and with their default skills, right?

For other infernal strategies, CS used 5* Arvis with Fury 3 and a Quick Riposte 1 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Drive Atk 2 seal, 5* Finn with an Attack +3 seal, and 5* Michalis with Reposition and Lancebreaker 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79EJhU9QmeM. Arvis also has an assist that isn't used, but I don't know what it is since I can't read Japanese.

Orochi Keen Tactician used 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Drive Atk 2 seal, 5* BH Lyn (neutral) with Draw Back and an Atk/Def 1 seal, 5* Narcian with a Guidance 2 seal, and 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with an Attack +3 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWBjr3YJNoQ. The description states that 4* Narcian works if you have Guidance 3, but you would have to start turn 2 differently by having him attack and Lyn finishing off the lance infantry. If you do have 4* Narcian and the Guidance 3 seal, but don't have Draw Back for Lyn or Attack +3 for Ike, then consider using yorotsruuu yorotsruuu's strategy posted twp pages back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Xrk96oj-8.

ri tomo used 5* BH Lyn with a Def Tactic 3 seal, 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Drive Atk 2 seal, and 5* Camus with Spur Atk 2 equipped and a Spur Atk 2 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFIuFBiclNk.

Edited by Kaden

@Kaden My problem was the archer hitting Finn, but the main reason the strategy went to die was the blue tomer hitting Ike from where the archer started Turn 5 standing.

And I don't have a neutral Olivia and PhoenixMaster's strategy died Turn 1 because of that, so I'm hesitant to try other Olivia strats. Some might work.

7 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

@Kaden My problem was the archer hitting Finn, but the main reason the strategy went to die was the blue tomer hitting Ike from where the archer started Turn 5 standing.

When does the archer hit Finn? He can't reach Finn on turns 4 or 5. The blue mage does go down instead of the archer if you have Corrin run Spur Def/Res 1, have Ike run QR3 as his B passive and Distant Def 3, don't buff Ike on the first turn so he doesn't use Radiant Aether on the Guard Bow archer so he can finish off the lance infantry on the second turn, and by turn 5, the blue mage will go down to where Ryoma is supposed to be in the video strategy.

Also, do not give Distant Def to Finn. It gets Ike killed on the enemy phase of turn 4 from what I remember.

12 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

And I don't have a neutral Olivia and PhoenixMaster's strategy died Turn 1 because of that, so I'm hesitant to try other Olivia strats. Some might work.

Natures do affect strategies, but sometimes they don't or they don't change things as drastically where you can still improvise to beat the map. You could still try the other strategies to see if she works. Probably the ones where she isn't getting attacked or it seems like she isn't be targeted.

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

When does the archer hit Finn? He can't reach Finn on turns 4 or 5. The blue mage does go down instead of the archer if you have Corrin run Spur Def/Res 1, have Ike run QR3 as his B passive and Distant Def 3, don't buff Ike on the first turn so he doesn't use Radiant Aether on the Guard Bow archer so he can finish off the lance infantry on the second turn, and by turn 5, the blue mage will go down to where Ryoma is supposed to be in the video strategy.

Also, do not give Distant Def to Finn. It gets Ike killed on the enemy phase of turn 4 from what I remember.

On turn 5, the archer uses Ryoma's Guidance to take the space to shoot over Ike and hit Finn. I'll give that set a shot, though.

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Natures do affect strategies, but sometimes they don't or they don't change things as drastically where you can still improvise to beat the map. You could still try the other strategies to see if she works. Probably the ones where she isn't getting attacked or it seems like she isn't be targeted.

Olivia didn't seem like she was getting targeted by that green mage in Phoenixmaster's, but the fact it went towards Fjorm instead stuffed up the precise positioning of his Turn 2. At which point, improvisation doesn't do much.

If you have any other dancers besides Olivia, see if any of them do the trick.

If that strategy doesn't work, brave weapons and raven tomes are the key.

8 hours ago, Kaden said:

さるGames used 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Drive Atk 2 seal, BH Lyn (neutral) with a Distant Def 3 seal, and Finn with an Attack +3 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNl47RdAOTw.

Succeeded with this strategy, despite Olivia being targeted- she was still targeted, despite the Olivia I chose to raise being +Spd and not incurring a double.

19 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

On turn 5, the archer uses Ryoma's Guidance to take the space to shoot over Ike and hit Finn. I'll give that set a shot, though.

That's weird. It never happened in my attempts. The archer would go down to where the Ryoma's supposed to be at the start of turn 5 which if that happens, means the entire strategy changes. The archer and Ryoma aren't supposed to be where they are according to the strategy. If you can somehow get everyone into position according to what video guide on turn 5, then Ryoma can't attack Ike first since he'd be behind the axe armor. The archer can attack Corrin, Finn, and Ike since he'd be diagonally up and to the right of Ike. Guidance shouldn't help the archer since the walls would block him, the axe armor would block him and is within his normal movement range, and the AI doesn't retreat unless they don't have a weapon equipped. How you would improvise that, I don't really know.

If you go with having the blue mage go down to where Ryoma's supposed to be on at the start of turn 5, then you're going to have to deal with the blue mage probably going to kill Corrin, Ike, and Finn if they can't get out of range.

Through my searches on YouTube and seeing some posts on Reddit, if you have multiple dancers probably with Wings of Mercy and archers or Reinhardt, you might be able to replicate those strategies...

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Succeeded with this strategy, despite Olivia being targeted- she was still targeted, despite the Olivia I chose to raise being +Spd and not incurring a double.

Annnnnd never mind. :p

Edited by Kaden

13 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

@LordFrigid Wow, your Caeda was awesome! I was worried about her surviving but she took those hits like a champ.

Yeah, I was a little worried too. One of my earlier attempts failed because Aether didn’t activate on the Bow Fighter, so I ended up going the no-sustain route. Fortunately Ryoma didn’t bother waiting for the Smoke Dagger debuffs before attacking. It turns out I could’ve just had Reinhardt use an AoE that reached Ryoma and kept Aether on Caeda, but that’s neither here nor there.

Nice clear yourself! Flier Emblem ftw. Combat Ninian is hilarious...Flying Blade Tome Dancer is truly the best of both worlds. I haven’t used Robin that much myself, maybe I should give her a try. Built-in DC AND anti-Flier-effectiveness looks awesome.

Edited by LordFrigid

I've beaten it yesterday night and I'm so proud, because it's my first completed Infernal LHB x) I started playing quite recently and I still lack characters/SI fodders/seals. I'm mostly regretting missing old Tempest Trials rewards.

Here's my strategy, if anyone's interested - I've used Fallen Robin, H!Jacob, H!Henry and Hardin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzv4V7kVTA0

Sorry everybody for the late response, today is travel day.

13 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

That's so true... You have fewer enemies to deal with...you just have to figure out how to get to them. Galeforce and Heavy Blade are OP. XD Maybe I should sacrifice one of my Ikes for Heavy Blade instead. I usually just keep him for Aether.

Vimeo finally let me share my video! I think I already mentioned it, but I had a lot of fun with this clear. I really enjoy watching these guys work together and problem solving when I got snagged on something. I really wanted to do a clear where Mia got to use that Phantom SPD seal I upgraded. lol No such luck. I'm going to name Lucius my MVP this time. He was SO important in my opening, but everyone did their part really. @mcsilas @Zeo @NegativeExponents-

Hide contents

You have spare Ikes? I've seen exactly 1 in all my FEH life. Aether costs 20k feathers and 1 Chrom, Heavy Blade is pretty rare to me. 

That looked like fun, your guys and Mia made it look easy once again. Finally some GF action with Raven too. 

Congratulations! 

13 hours ago, Alexmender said:

help was very much appreciated to keep her healthy while Aether charged but the MVP would be the Spd Smoke seal, which allowed Eirika to double Ryoma and the ninjas.

Eirika back again, congratulations! That little healing (the last one was even unnecessary, no?) didn't change the fact that the enemies were no match for her here. 

Should probably upgrade the SPD smoke seal as well. 

13 hours ago, Hilda said:

@mampfoid

By your request, since you asked what happened with the Askrtrios: I merged Fjorm and L.Ike into +10 and stoped since then doing Askrtrio clear, but your question made me go back and clear this map on Infernal with just the Askrtrio.
By the way nice one turn clear again!

Anyway: Ryoma Infernal vs Askrtrio, no merges

Wow thanks, I feel honored, Congratulations also! 

You had some close moments there, starting with Anna nearly getting killed and Alfonse and Sharena staying above 50% to keep the breakers active. 

GF is always an good choice. :-)

Thanks! If you want I could tag you in the next one. 

I'll check your dagger clear as well, but this post is already getting enormous. 

13 hours ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoidAww, perhaps you can get a better Tharja off next month's legendary banner, as she'll probably be on it. I took her to mainly deal with the green armor and didn't initially expect her to tank Ryoma and all those other units as well. Are you going to merge up your Oscar, or is he more of a side unit for these clears? I finally see just how much I've been missing out by not having a Galeforce cav until now.

No, I won't pull for her. She works well for armor missions and other solutions (she is my only ranged armor), but I don't play Armors much. 

No plans to merge Oscar yet, but I'm keeping all copies just in case. 

Galeforce Cavs are cool, I'm missing only green. Not yet sure if to take Titania or Marth (or Alfonse if I ever get one). 

Ok so.

@Ginko Nice work. There's no way around struggling when it comes to this map and there were a lot of different points where I didn't know how you could win, but you still did it. Some close calls here and there but you really put every one of your unit's strengths to work. Especially Roy's movement to get rid of Ryoma. He himself is dangerous enough, but the fact that he practically ferries that armor and all the ranged units with him with guidance makes this map a terror if you don't use a bow unit.

@mampfoid I see that Inigo there! Man, I didn't think you'd be able to 1 turn this one! The layout and pure stat inflation (as well as the smokes that activate regardless of counter or phase) really seemed to work against this specific type of clear but you did it. I couldn't see how you were going to be able to get Oscar out of danger at the end there and then I realized just why he had lunge of all things equipped to swerve right out of the line of fire. They're always fun to see, but this was definitely one of your best 1-turn clears.

@Hilda Impressive as always. That Dagger clear most of all though. Really wish I had PA!Olivia, then clears like that would be a lot easier for me.

@Nowi's Husband Dragons never cease to amaze me with their sheer power. I really need to build a Fae.. and even though they have Lightning Breath+ which goes great with Steady Breath, this made me want to do a Light Breath+ with DC build. It's always been more appealing to me, just the aesthetic of basically a DBZ beam rather than puny yellow lightning. Anyways~

@Rafiel's Aria This team proves it's mettle once again. Galeforce Raven and colorless mage Lucius did the usual but quite a couple of things surprised me here. Micaiah surviving the lance fighter and nuking the bowman (though she had bowbreaker), Mia's native Vantage being put to good use and honestly I was jealous of how fast you were able to dispatch Ryoma. He really does make the stage that much harder if you don't get rid of him fast. Lucius put in work but it's hard for me to say there was an MVP here. It was perfect synergy. Also glad to see you got through your video troubles.

@Alexmender What a juggernaut. Support or not being able to essentially solo this map of all maps is crazy. She tanked everything, including that blue mage. I realize she's +10 but holy crap. Also I see someone beat me to leveling the SPD Smoke seal. I'm just not sure where it fits in my gameplay yet so I've been waiting but you make me want to invest in it now. I could also tell you were getting impatient near the end, skipping some of the animations. I'm like that too when I've made a bunch of attempts.

@mcsilas @NegativeExponents- @Fei Mao @Johann @Poimagic @DarkLordIvy @eclipse @tobuShogi @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @Rezzy @Glennstavos @Cute Chao @Usana @Quintessence

I actually recorded this yesterday, but I was feeling under the weather and couldn't bring myself to post so here it is a bit late. This one was actually tough, probably the hardest LHB so far and one of the toughest challenges for my team. To the point I got impatient for the orbs and (after a few tries still) beat it with Rein+Bridelia and dancers and even that was tough. But I was laying in bed unsatisfied so I hopped up and tried again a few times (though I didn't record yet) and eventually I found the key. It would have been cake to do this with a Pain+ staff and Savage Blow x2 but I'm indecisive on which healer is going to get that so I'm hesitant to spend the feathers. All the same I cracked it using Matthew's native Poison Strike 3 of all things. Don't assume Ayra was inactive just because she was in the back for most of this clear, heading up a few tiles was a death sentence for her 95% of the time while I was trying to do this. Had a close call here and there but pulled it off. Little else to say. That armor was a pain in the butt though. Most strategies crumbled just because he was so irritatingly hard to kill.

Enjoy the show. Also I tried beating this map with literally dozens of other units including M!Morgan but I simply can't do it right now. This map demands your very best and while I have plenty of strong units, I have no teams with synergy on the level of my hero team. I doubt I'll be revisiting this map any time soon. I'm content with just this clear.

32 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I see that Inigo there! Man, I didn't think you'd be able to 1 turn this one! The layout and pure stat inflation (as well as the smokes that activate regardless of counter or phase) really seemed to work against this specific type of clear but you did it. I couldn't see how you were going to be able to get Oscar out of danger at the end there and then I realized just why he had lunge of all things equipped to swerve right out of the line of fire. They're always fun to see, but this was definitely one of your best 1-turn clears.

Thanks man, very much appreciated! Lunge was the key here for sure, but also Inigo was important. 

Funnily smokes don't proc if you kill the bearer on your phase. You don't experience that effect, because your smokers don't get killed. ;-)

Too bad about Morgan, but good to see Matthew was up to the challenge! Congratulations! 

Ryoma dealing only 11 damage with charged special and poison dagger 8 damage speaks for itself. 

I can imagine that nap was a pain for you, strong reinforcements from all directions. 

15 hours ago, Anacybele said:

So, that idea of RD Ike, Fjorm, Olivia, and CYL Lyn didn't work for me because the enemies kept moving differently for some reason, but Phoenixmaster1's second solution of RD Ike, Reinhardt, Olivia, and male Robin did! Glad you referred me to that guy, @Sunwoo his video really helped me out.

This was my experience, as well. Couldn't get the green mage to move into Lyn's range, but I was able to follow along with the second solution once I gave Quick Riposte to Lyon. (I tried for a while with Bowbreaker and Daggerbreaker since he already had them and I didn't want to use up a Subaki, but neither one is enough alone.)

1 minute ago, Othin said:

This was my experience, as well. Couldn't get the green mage to move into Lyn's range, but I was able to follow along with the second solution once I gave Quick Riposte to Lyon. (I tried for a while with Bowbreaker and Daggerbreaker since he already had them and I didn't want to use up a Subaki, but neither one is enough alone.)

Yeah, that was what happened to me too, the green mage wouldn't move into Lyn's range. So weird... Had to be stats or skills or something, but who knows which it is.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that was what happened to me too, the green mage wouldn't move into Lyn's range. So weird... Had to be stats or skills or something, but who knows which it is.

Looks like replacing Olivia with Ninian can work to get the green mage to move to the right spot, although I don't know what other consequences that could have. One immediate one is that she still needs Hone Atk, but that's easy enough.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Looks like replacing Olivia with Ninian can work to get the green mage to move to the right spot, although I don't know what other consequences that could have. One immediate one is that she still needs Hone Atk, but that's easy enough.

Oh yeah, the green mage would go towards Ninian since she's a blue unit, huh. But yeah, who knows if that also would've ended up changing things elsewhere in the map though.

Cleared infernal on the first attempt with Adult Tiki/Reindhardt/P! Azura/Lucius.

Can confirm that the standard [steady bredth/quick riposte/aether] tiki trivializes this map with simple tank-and-spank. 

--------

Lucius barely did anything and wasn't really needed. 

A dancer, a hard-hitting and self-healing enemy phase tank that can counter at mixed range, and a 2-range player phase nuke are the essential elements here.

And then your 4th slot can go to pretty much whatever  you need to plug up the vulnerabilities leftover. (Lucius is just a general utility unit I like to bring along when I don't really need anyone else. Standard Wrathful + Glimmering Staff Painbot. Uncounterable chip damage, Splash damage from Pain + Savage Blow, and big heals are never going to be bad things to have in your tool kit)

Edited by Shoblongoo

@Zeo nice run. I think this map is very excellent to bring a dagger unit along. With the tight space a dagger unit almost allways hits all enemys with debuffs which is great for surviving this map, when your units are getting debuffed too by numourus smoke skills :D

15 hours ago, Dayni said:

Great job figuring out the 1-turn clear, especially with the poor foddered knight Oscar.

Thanks! My Oscar is well foddered with skills btw. ;-)

WoM seal wouldn't change much in arena in my opinion, but WoM/Desperation would be cool. 

SI-less clears get my full respect, I'm too used to have all options SI gives me. 

14 hours ago, Hilda said:

Dagger Emblem Clear:

Cool to see you made daggers work here. Tight space full of opponents is perfect for debuffing stuff. 

This map was pretty difficult this time around but nothing comparable to the turmoil fem!grima put me through, for the LHB Ijust had to requipquick riposte 2 onto Robin(M) and just sat back as the dominoes fell, that being said the failed attempts have burned My name is Ryoma into my brain.

Screenshot_2018-05-30-17-46-28[1].png

Edited by MisfitMiju

@SatsumaFSoysoy I'll be happy to hear when you get best girl to her max potential too!

@mampfoid Thanks! Yeah, the last heal was totally unnecessary. I just did it because without it Eirika would've ended with her damaged pose, haha. 

@Zeo Very nice seeing Matthew tank almost everything by himself! Tanking a Poison Dagger while taking pitiful damage is great to see. 

Thanks! I was very close to upgrading Flier Formation first because I love my Flier Emblem cheese but I thought "I'm sure Spd Smoke will come in handy in one of my Eirika solos" and turns out it got into good use sooner than I thought it also shows that +Spd is better than +Atk. Yeah, I got a bit impatient because I had to make dinner yesterday so I was forced to end the recording fast. I was kinda scared that me rushing it would've ended in disaster which would mean re-doing the video again.